• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't like that dog breed. It's got a bug-eyed look going on. :S

Makes me wonder though. It is around that time they normally reveal another character for SSB4.

Look in the Nintendog picture. Notice that Fox is getting attacked by an unknown opponent? Maybe he'll release the pic later today without the Nintendog and reveal a new character. ;)
Or maybe I'm speculating too much.
Probably not today but maybe tomorrow or next week

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Tomorrow is Saturday. :p
But I'm thinking that a Nintendo Direct will be coming sometime next week and that our next reveal will be tucked away in it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Rosalina is not the only thing confirmed

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/rosetta.html go to the trailer

On the offical sites rosalina trailer video go to 2:06

Can any body describe those three items for those playing at home

The green shell and the pokeball and the fire flower are all confirmed as items again
Oh, I didn't notice that! Thanks for the information!

Will update the OP with credit given to you.

Edit: OP updated.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm just gonna say well played, and I will be adding her to my mains list.

*hides in the bunker marked "3/22/14" on it*

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
OH YES! ROSALINA IN SMASH BROS! EPIC WIN!

I guess this shows that Sakurai don't listen to the haters!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but you can goof around outside the ring on the boxing ring stage. Also YES ROSALINA!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Oh my ****ing god

OH MY ****ING GOD!

My favorite ****ING character is in Smash now. **** you Mario, I'm maining Rosalina. @_@

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Based on the video and the sweet combo Rose did at the end it looks like longer Hitstun.. or at least not being able to cancel hitstun so quickly is back. But only at a aesthetic point of view.

I actually used Rose to speed run the final level in 3 D world and grew quite attached to her. I'm happy she's in with her partner.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
So, as far as Rosalina's moveset goes, what is the general speculation?

I'd say her Up-B is the star move in one of her pics on the site, U-air is definitely her galactic flip-kick. (made that name up) B move appears to be Luma summon/swap, Down B as her reflect/attract move. Send Luma is side/up/down smash moves, and grab is obvious... that leaves tilts, side-b and jab unknown. Side note, different Lumas appear to have different properties, yellow is close quarters combat, Little Mac style, while red appears to have a Waddle Doo like attack, white and green are yet to be seen in combat... that's all I got.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I may make a suggestion.

I do think that the Kirby Air Ride music should be added to the list.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
@HM: She's a touch of both. She uses the Luma like Pikmin, not like a partner but the Luma was shown to be separately KOable in the video and it looked like she may even have headstooled it to recover at one point.

Does this mean Peach'll be taking a back seat in new Mario games?

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
So, as far as Rosalina's moveset goes, what is the general speculation?

I'd say her Up-B is the star move in one of her pics on the site, U-air is definitely her galactic flip-kick. (made that name up) B move appears to be Luma summon/swap, Down B as her reflect/attract move. Send Luma is side/up/down smash moves, and grab is obvious... that leaves tilts, side-b and jab unknown. Side note, different Lumas appear to have different properties, yellow is close quarters combat, Little Mac style, while red appears to have a Waddle Doo like attack, white and green are yet to be seen in combat... that's all I got.
I thought the same myself. I thought Yellow was a physical, red was projectil, green mirrors Rosalina, blue? But then I saw the yellow one throw star things like the red so the colors could all be aesthetic or have random stats like Pikmin.

I'd also take Rosalina on a date over Peach. Nothing important, just sayin'. Shes so elegant!!!

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
To me this poses the question if the villager's tree just vanish when hit by other players or if luma has some kind of absorbing move that tree and if so that would prove the little taunt he did after it or maybe the player playing as rosa probably destroyed the tree and taunted afterwards

I got the picture off a screen cap YouTube video of their interpretation of Rosalina which wasn't a good one :(

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
Also it is hard to state whether she summons a fresh luma or she starts out with luma because it doesn't go into detail about it from the video
Because that taunt that she does "to get luma out" doesn't seem to summon luma out all the time she does it with toon link and luma is nowhere to be seen
Also that teleport in luma does looks similar to when it appears when she is being grabbed
image.jpg

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
Anyone notice that the villager's balloon in his recovery move can be popped?

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
I saw that
Looks like he is gonna have a terrible recovery if he recovers low
He better recover high
Reminded me of pit but only that pit isn't helpless when he gets hit

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
The Rainbow Road track in the video has the same layout as the one from the N64 Mario Kart version.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
I'm also gonna speculate that she can call luma even when while she is doing another action
She called in luma when she is being grabbed
And while taunting or whatever and also called it when she was doing a smash attack to take a hit from mega man

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
Also this looks more like her up air than the galactic kick she used on pit with the throw to luma combo
image.jpg

Top Bottom