• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: Single Player Options Revealed

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Interesting seeing the localized names, otherwise most of that information was revealed in last week's Famitsu magazine.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Home run contest and multi man smash are great, and target blast looks fun, but I would trade them all for unique target tests and board the platforms.

Hopefully they are either unlockable or Wii U exclusive.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Where's Adventure Mode? :(

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
On a more serious note, hopefully this level bar solves the problematic issues with the one in Kid Icarus.

Grind up coins to play high difficulty, get use to enemy health and damage from lower difficulty
Lose once
Lose all coins
Grind up coins to play high difficulty, get use to low difficulty

With no chance to practice on the higher difficulties, the game punishes you for trying them, then, worse yet, with each death lowers the difficulty as further insult.

S. Knight

Smash Rookie
If you're real, you'll go 9.0 intensity every time.

#ShovelKnightNoCheckpoints

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So instead of copying Kirby for the single player mode Sakurai goes to his other title Kid Icarus for inspiration. SO MUCH CREATIVITY

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
I can't be the only one who thinks THIS means something.

View attachment 21644

Why does it just so happen to be the Kremlings that has the word NEW next to him?
Why didn't Sakurai make it so another trophy has the NEW sign next to it?

What is Sakurai trying to tell us?

K. Rool confirmed!!!

@BKupa666
I'm guessing that it just means it's a new trophy that the player had never gotten before.

PeanutProphet

Smash Cadet
Oh Sakurai... Making us use coins to increase the difficuly but the higher the difficulty the more coins we earn for completing it? Coin-ception! Do we earn more coins back than we put in if we win?
it looks like you get more back, considering the max bet of 960 and the 1914 reward for beating stage 5.

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
So instead of copying Kirby for the single player mode Sakurai goes to his other title Kid Icarus for inspiration. SO MUCH CREATIVITY
Why does it matter? You're going to spend most of the time battling on the awesome new stages with the wonderfully improved roster. There's plenty of creativity throughout the game already. The menu is important but not something to get so worked up/snarky about.

As a few others have said, there's nothing wrong with Sakurai having his own personal development style that he uses in multiple projects.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So he should leave out certain design choices in order avoid ruffling the jimmies of pissy fanboys who cry bias at the drop of a hat?
Check Sakurai's other games; the achievement system has been used in other games like Brawl, same with the menu interface which was used in Air Ride and Meteos, the gameplay of the Smash series itself was partially inspired by Kirby Super Star. The intensity bar debuted in Uprising, and that was an excellent feature designed for those who look for a challenge or just care for a casual play.
One thing is to complain about bias on content from games like Kirby or Kid Icarus, but to complain on this? This is not bias, this is Sakurai's way of designing a game. Just like an artist has his own art-style or a chef his way of cooking, Sakurai's past works have a certain influence on whatever games he makes in the future.
I had to log in just to like your post. If only more people were as reasonable as you :)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

View attachment 21644

Why does it just so happen to be the Kremlings that has the word NEW next to him?

K. Rool confirmed!!!

@BKupa666
This was in Brawl and in Melee as well. NEW simply means it is a trophy that you haven't seen or gotten before. It's absolutely nothing.

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
That evil face in the "Heatin' Up" screen interests me. Maybe it's just eyecandy, but perhaps we will have a new boss character for Classic Mode?

ShadowWolf

Smash Rookie
Kid Icarus Uprising 2: Super Smash Bros for 3DS

i guess sakurai REALLY loves his games.
Smash Bros is his game too. Kid Icarus Uprising borrowed a lot from SSBB which borrowed from Kirby Super Star and built on it just like Sm4sh is gonna build on KI U.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

View attachment 21644

K. Rool confirmed!!!

@BKupa666
And yeah and is the only thing saying new...
The only new thing he got in the gameplay...
What does he mean us??

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man the more new details I see the harder it is for me to wait until the 3DS version comes out. The anticipation is killing me here!

And I like this new Intensity scale thing. Works just like the one from KId Icarus: Uprising.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
For those saying that the "New" tag in the Kremling trophy means that the trophy is new to the save file from the picture: THANK YOU CAPTAINS OBVIOUS.

The other guy was clearly joking about Sakurai teasing us with everything.

D

Deleted member

i guess sakurai REALLY loves his games.
Durrr I guess so. Are you implying that this is a bad thing? If you put a lot of work into creating something, wouldn't you be proud of it?

It shouldn't matter if ideas were borrowed from his other games. What should matter is if the ideas are good and properly implemented.

ORANGEtheGORILLa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ORANGEtheGORILLA
3DS FC
0387-9268-8964
as of right now the only reason why im buying the wii u version is because of the graphixs... smash for 3ds is looking very nice!

Top Bottom