• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Battalion - Help Bring Us Out of Hiatus! Apply as a Coder Today!

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
Hey if you want to enjoy items, go ahead, but they hardly are one of the "three things that define a fan game."
How did you come to the conclusion that it was just 3 things anyway? Why isn't it five things? or 7 things?
I could think of a lot more things than just roster, stages and items that really define a smash game, fan or otherwise.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hey if you want to enjoy items, go ahead, but they hardly are one of the "three things that define a fan game."
How did you come to the conclusion that it was just 3 things anyway? Why isn't it five things? or 7 things?
I could think of a lot more things than just roster, stages and items that really define a smash game, fan or otherwise.
You asked for the main things that differentiate smash fan games from another. That's primarily roster and stages.
Don't say single-player modes, please. Those are always nice to have, but a Smash game's main attraction is the multiplayer, and roster and stages make up the chunk of that.
And I threw in items because there are those that play just to beat up Mario with Link, and they enjoy having items thrown in. Items, like stage and roster, are also a feature that pay HUGE homage to Nintendo, like the roster and stages.

Trophies? Those are superficial padding. Customizable rules? That those are identical to a main stream Smash should be a given, though I will agree that a very well done new mode could mean big things for a Smash fan-game, you have me there. That is an important aspect. Still, roster and stages matter more, IMO, as a simple stock match will be enjoyed by all players, whereas only a VERY well designed new mode could do this.

Now, keep in mind those are just my views, not the views of the team as a whole.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I return to amazing confusion. :confused:

Edit: Someone mind explaining this for me?
Uh.... explainin' what, sugarcube?

But... I no longer work at SSF2 due to some issues.
Well, sad to hear that for Cleod's sake, but happy to hear it for our sake! If you'll give me just a few days, I think we can safely say you're in. I just need to talk to Cleod about it. Nothing personal.

I wasn't going to announce anything today, but meh, I've decided I will. Our developer Droe (on McLeodgaming Forums and deviantART) has continued his work on the Gaur Plain stage, and it's coming along quite nicely! We're proud to show our progress on it today.

Lisnovski

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-7440-3622
I'm a bit busy right now. (shool) (gonna repeat a year)

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Uh.... explainin' what, sugarcube?

Well, sad to hear that for Cleod's sake, but happy to hear it for our sake! If you'll give me just a few days, I think we can safely say you're in. I just need to talk to Cleod about it. Nothing personal.

I wasn't going to announce anything today, but meh, I've decided I will. Our developer Droe (on McLeodgaming Forums and deviantART) has continued his work on the Gaur Plain stage, and it's coming along quite nicely! We're proud to show our progress on it today.

Most of the platforms are pillow shaded...

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
How soonish? "Next week" soonish or "Whenever we can" soonish? I bet this information also cant be revealed at this time.
Be patient, making a fangame takes time, it's not like we can show something new everyday.
Btw, if anyone is confused I'm working as a spriter for the team, last time I posted here was 2 pages ago, so hai gais!

Last edited:

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
Be patient, making a fangame takes time, it's not like we can show something new everyday.
Btw, if anyone is confused I'm working as a spriter for the team, last time I posted here was 2 pages ago, so hai gais!
Why does your signature spell "ajes" at the last part in the Unknown language? Guessing you meant ages lol.

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Why does your signature spell "ajes" at the last part in the Unknown language? Guessing you meant ages lol.
Yea, Unown writing is pretty confusing, almost confused H with O.
Wait, this is the wrong place to talk about this.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
Yea, Unown writing is pretty confusing, almost confused H with O.
Wait, this is the wrong place to talk about this.
lol true. quick fix, though. Good luck with the project! If you ever need help with spriting (or anyone else on your team) hmu on my Skype or on Smashboards. Skype is ZaoMonichi. I have about a year or so under my belt when it comes to pixel art.

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
Yes i know, i`m not THAT stupid, i`m just a curious soul.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We're Not Dead, Everybody! Today's time for another announcement! Let's start with some new music!

From Sonic Colors, we have brought in Reach for the Stars! What stage this will play on has yet to be revealed, but rest assured we are putting much care into the game.

From Rhythm Heaven Fever, we've brought in the Menu Theme! Furthermore, we find it appropriate at this time to confirm the planning of a Rhythm Heaven based stage called, you guessed it, Rhythm Heaven!

From Panel de Pon, we've picked Lip's Theme as one of the available songs! We hope you are all excited for Lip's debut to Project: Smash Bros. X.

We'd also like to show off early spritework for Lip from Panel de Pon.

Not much has really been done on her, but we're glad something has been!

We're also going to announce the Final Character Planned for Project: Super Smash Bros. X Demo 1.....

CHORUS KIDS BEAT THE BEAT!!!

The Sprites are no where near finished, and like Lip, Shulk, and Mario, will be polished later on. But we're proud to announce that we will be bringing the Choir Boys into the fray!

Welcome Fellas! Or as you would say.... Ah! Ah! Aaaaaaaah!

Furthermore, more work has been done on Gaur Plain, the Xenoblade Chronicles stage from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, returning in Project: Super Smash Bros. X!

Wow! Looks good, no? And yes, it too will be touched up later on.

Next to Last we would like to confirm, sadly, that the Mii Fighters have all been scrapped as playable characters. People have thought they just won't work if they aren't unique to you, and we have been inclined to agree. In addition, the roster has gone through another redesign, but rest assured all the other Smash veterans are safe!

And Lastly, we have elected to officially change the name.... but to what? Well, that's for YOU, the fans, to decide! Vote in the poll below to make your voice heard and help select our official name for the future!

http://strawpoll.me/3857618

Well, that's all for now, but stay tuned for future updates!

Last edited:

Lisnovski

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-7440-3622
Can you please use another Pac-Man Sprite?

I'm the owner of It And I'm going to scrap it fo antoher.
And It's going to be Private.

Last edited:

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
Just linking music from youtube that you will include in your game is not an announcement.
Now if it was remixed from scratch by one of your team mates, then yes, it would be justified. but come on. show us something you did yourself, and highly wip sprite bases don't count. it's a sprite, how hard can it be to actually finish the base before posting it to the public. come on.

i like the Xenoblade stage though. little too gradient for my tastes, but that's what i'm talking about. that is something worth posting. do more of that and you'll deserve more views.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just linking music from youtube that you will include in your game is not an announcement.
Now if it was remixed from scratch by one of your team mates, then yes, it would be justified. but come on. show us something you did yourself, and highly wip sprite bases don't count. it's a sprite, how hard can it be to actually finish the base before posting it to the public. come on.

i like the Xenoblade stage though. little too gradient for my tastes, but that's what i'm talking about. that is something worth posting. do more of that and you'll deserve more views.
We do not have music makers on our team as of yet, so until we do, we will not have made-from scratch remixes. We will be using official music for the forseeable future.

Are you a spriter? Do you know how much care and effort needs to go into each individual sprite? Showing off what we have, no matter how little, is a celebration to share with our fans!

We appreciate your support, however.

We have removed @ Lisnovski Lisnovski 's Pac-Man sprite from our game. We would still appreciate it he'd allow us to use it as a base, but we must honor the creator of the sprite's wishes, and we wish him luck in all future endeavors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom