• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Battalion - Help Bring Us Out of Hiatus! Apply as a Coder Today!

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
You can add as many options you wish, and you can add the option to pick as many as you wish. Only problem with ti, is that the poll can`t be discontinued, i guess we can use that.
with this you could have a poll ready today, if you know who you want on it that is.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
So, I've been notified about this project lots of times in the Mcleodgaming Forums.
So, I'd like to lend a hand in this project.
I'd like to help by editing the stages if Omega Mode is ever implemented. I could drop some more ideas later.
As of now I was working on Palutena, but's still pretty early:

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
So, I've been notified about this project lots of times in the Mcleodgaming Forums.
So, I'd like to lend a hand in this project.
I'd like to help by editing the stages if Omega Mode is ever implemented. I could drop some more ideas later.
As of now I was working on Palutena, but's still pretty early:
Really McLeodGaming Forums are already talking about this? Wow, this fan game`s going to be a hit then. Looking forward to it even more.

Lisnovski

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-7440-3622
I, Lisnovski, would like to help to develop this game.

You're Going to need these:

Last edited:

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
Lisnovski is part of the SSF2 Development Team, we are really gonna need him if we want to make this game a reality

ElvisDitto

Smash Rookie
Take it from me, if you want that many characters, be prepared to work on this game for the next couple of years.

Lisnovski

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-7440-3622
You would? It.. It would be an honor to work with you. I just wanna make sure its not conflict of interest to have you working both here and on SSF2.
But... I no longer work at SSF2 due to some issues.

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
what makes you different from the other fans games out there that talked big then turned into vaporware a week later?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
what makes you different from the other fans games out there that talked big then turned into vaporware a week later?
Nothing yet. The project is in early stages.

If you look at the reception Crusade got, you will see that many people doubted it even existed.

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
crusade uses that and look how they turned out. learn from mistakes of the past.

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I have never played Crusade ( I need to sometime. )
Does the game suffer from a lot of glitches?
It runs at a smooth 60fps but feels clunky and awkward. you simply can't make a proper fun smash game in GameMaker

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
I don't see why not.
I suppose only time will tell if we suceed or not.
well I can see why not. and if you continue to use DA spriters and gamemaker you will end up crusade 2.0.
make sure you have focus don't have a cluster **** of sprite styles. I have another question, similar to my first but a little different. what makes this game worth playing when there is already crusade and smash flash?

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
well I can see why not. and if you continue to use DA spriters and gamemaker you will end up crusade 2.0.
make sure you have focus don't have a cluster **** of sprite styles. I have another question, similar to my first but a little different. what makes this game worth playing when there is already crusade and smash flash?
In a Smash fan-game, the key to uniqueness is 3 things:
Roster
Stages
Items

All 3 of these have already had intense consideration at this point, and the former 2 have nearly been locked in as well.
These 3 things are the most important to uniqueness in a Smash fan-game because your physics will ideally be very identical to the real games.
Currently our focus is to lay out our engine, then go back and refine it to a smooth, Smash 4 style of play.

To sum your question up:
Unique roster
Unique stages
Unique items
A smooth style of play close to Smash 4's

Note:
Check out Rivals of Aether if you haven't. It is a Smash fan-game, and it is made entirely from GameMaker, and feels smoother to play than ANY Smash game, in my opinion.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
Crusade plays pretty good actually.
It's kind of awkward but it works well, so I think it's completely possible to make a smooth Smash game in there.

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
In a Smash fan-game, the key to uniqueness is 3 things:
Roster
Stages
Items

Note:
Check out Rivals of Aether if you haven't. It is a Smash fan-game, and it is made entirely from GameMaker, and feels smoother to play than ANY Smash game, in my opinion.
Yes because the first thing I think of that sets crusade and smash flash apart are their items.
Also, I'll admit I was wrong, I did not know that Rivals of Aether was made in GameMaker. I'll admit defeat there.

Super Smash Land comes to mind?
They didn't try and replicate smash 1 - 1. It's a very simplified but still creative version. So i think we're both right in this situation.

Crusade plays pretty good actually.
It's kind of awkward but it works well, so I think it's completely possible to make a smooth Smash game in there.
Haha, no. No it really doesn't. You can't combo, nothing feels solid everyone is just a mess to play as. It's not responsive either. too often I try and shield out of something, only to be able to walk around while holding the shield button down.
Do not look to crusade for inspiration. It is not a benchmark.

Top Bottom