• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have terrible reaction time, so...

I get hit with attacks quite often. Thankfully half the of Paper Mario games are far more forgiving.(first two. Sticker Star is semi-forgiving, but still hard) Super Paper Mario has other problems, like the lack of Badges raising one's defense or something like that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Idk what Pokemon I should raise anymore. I won't ever find a Shiny Yanma anytime soon (I want it to have my trainer ID), so I'm pretty much outta it unless I either breed certain Starter Pokemon. So I may be in a bit of a block unless I know what to do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Idk what Pokemon I should raise anymore. I won't ever find a Shiny Yanma anytime soon (I want it to have my trainer ID), so I'm pretty much outta it unless I either breed certain Starter Pokemon. So I may be in a bit of a block unless I know what to do.
Try finding a Japanese Yanma and using the Matsuda Method.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone think it's weird that when bulbasaur uses tackle he takes out his vines and whips the opponent

But when he uses vine whip he doesn't have ANY animation?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Aside from some of the walls of text which was kind of an interesting debate while it lasted, I see not much has changed here as usual.

Anyone think it's weird that when bulbasaur uses tackle he takes out his vines and whips the opponent

But when he uses vine whip he doesn't have ANY animation?
That is indeed strange... Makes me wonder what other attacks with certain Pokemon are inconsistent (for lack of better word) like that far as animations go.

Are Friend Safari Pokemon easier to get shinies of with the PokeRadar?
Good question. If it is the case though it'll motivate me to use the friend safaris again more often.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, they had to animate a crapton of models with new attacks. Them either slightly screwing up or not caring after a while is somewhat justified.

It does look silly, though.

Where is my Mega Torterra & Sceptile for **** sake?
They got the grass beaten out of them by Mega Blaziken.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Honestly, Gens 2-5 with the exception of Torchic didn't get any starter attention. I want to get one of those hard-to-find Pokemon, breed em if I can, then trade em for stuff I want. I also wanted a Shinx and Rufflet. D:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, Gens 2-5 with the exception of Torchic didn't get any starter attention. I want to get one of those hard-to-find Pokemon, breed em if I can, then trade em for stuff I want. I also wanted a Shinx and Rufflet. D:
Not entirely true. Other Starters got Events as well. Chikorita is one of them.

But there's no question the Torchic line gets quite a bit of attention. Not to mention Fire Starters the most...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Dem fire starters master race.

But yeah, with the amount of things they had to animate, I'm not exactly nitpicky when it comes to somethin like the mentioned Bulbasaur example.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dem fire starters master race.
It really burns people up. :troll:

But yeah, with the amount of things they had to animate, I'm not exactly nitpicky when it comes to somethin like the mentioned Bulbasaur example.
Agreed. The next games might finish that. Or patches, since the 3DS is capable of 'em, I do believe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Water starters are always the best

Anyone use Goomy? I think I'm making mine a physical attacker because it learns some awesome physical attacks

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
*Reads the last 3 pages*

This is the SSB4 General Discussion Thread I know so well. :laugh:

Speaking of Pokémon, I'm going to raise a team of Ghost and Dark types. Those are my favorite types, after all. Maybe I'll add Dragons too...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anyone use Goomy? I think I'm making mine a physical attacker because it learns some awesome physical attacks
I love my Gooey, she's a fully evolved Goodra, pretty much a tank when Fairies aren't around. I taught her Sludge Wave though, so she can still pretty much one shot them anyway. :troll: Other than that, Body Slam, Dragon Pulse, and Flamethrower (for those pesky ice types).

Goodra is my new favorite Pokemon/evo line now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If the only character I like or am interested in isn't in the game, why would I waste money on it? If the game doesn't have enough interesting content to go with how well it may or may not play, then it just doesn't have enough appeal. It's not confusing, it's perfectly logical. XD
This is why I try to have more than one character to play as in a fighting game, in the event one of them doesn't appear in the next game.

Either way, you should be looking at more than just the character, but how they play.

Oh wait, this is the game where everyone's more obsessed with fanservice than quality.
I have terrible reaction time, so...

I get hit with attacks quite often. Thankfully half the of Paper Mario games are far more forgiving.(first two. Sticker Star is semi-forgiving, but still hard) Super Paper Mario has other problems, like the lack of Badges raising one's defense or something like that.
Super Paper Mario was more platformer with RPG elements than RPG with platformer elements which probably explains that particular change. To me, the worst part of that game was the walls of text.

Also, we must never talk about Sticker Star. Never have I felt betrayed by a Mario game like that before.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Water starters are always the best

From using Battle Spot an offensive oriented Goodra produced decent results, however you're going to have a bad time if the opponent brings in another Dragon that can force Goodra out and set up Dragon/Sword Dances and proceed to sweep your team. If you're looking for a Dragon sweeper Goodra won't fit the bill and you're much better off with using Moxie Salamence, Garchomop, etc. I've recently bred for the Gooey Ability with 31s in HP, Special Attack? and Speed and will be running:

Goodra w/ Leftovers. Bold Nature.
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Infestation
Toxic
Flamethrower
Protect

This will be a stall set, Bold nature is run because Goodra's Special Defense is so ridiculously high already it doesn't need to be that much higher to effectively wall special attacks. Infestation will deal 50-62.5% percent damage over time and leaves the opponent unable to escape, Toxic is to compound the damage done each turn, Protect is to increase Goodra's survivability, and Flamethrower to take down Steel Pokemon immune to Toxic. If a Dragon or threatening Fairy type switches in I'll need to be careful and counter switch accordingly as Goodra won't appreciate Fairy/Dragon STAB attacks. As said before Goodra is not meant to be a sweeper considering it has relatively lower base attack/ special attack compared to its pseudo-legendary counterparts so I'm opting for a stall/tank build. Results will be posted later since I haven't started EV training it yet.

On another note Talonflame, Azumarill, Mega Mawile, and Mega Kangaskhan have been the most successful Pokemon I've run in Battle Spot netting me with almost a 90% win rate with the last two slots switching between Greninja, Gengar, offensive Goodra, and Aegislash.

Galewings Talonflame allows me to bring down huge threats such as both Mega Mewtwos down to 5-15% and in range for Sucker Punch/ Aqua Jet kills and OHKOs common threats like Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario.

Azumarill is just boss with Huge Power and the new Fairy typing. It completely walls Blaziken and generally can't be 2-HKO by non-STAB Earthquakes in which I can retaliate with super-effective STAB Waterfall/Play Rough/ Aqua Jet that generally OHKO Pokemon like Yveltal or Blaziken, or bring them down low enough to finish off with Aqua Jet. I had a very lulzy battle last night in which my opponent and I were down to our last Pokemon, mine being Azumarill and his being Aegislash. I would keep using Super Power on the turns he tried to King's Shield so I didn't receive the stat decrease as Fighting can't hit Ghost types, Azumarill proceeded to Waterfall on the turns he set up Swords Dance and took him down handily.

Mega Mawile functions similarly to Azumarill in that people underestimate Huge Power, a combination of Play Rough, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, and Stone Edge provide decent type coverage and can pack huge dents even without STAB. And if Azumarill has no trouble OHKO-ing threats like Yveltal, Dragon Pokemon, etc. then Mega Mawile compounds this with Dark, Rock, and Steel coverage. However, it's Ground and Fire weaknesses are still most prevalent even with the HP and defensive bonuses from Mega Evolving so I generally bring in Azumarill or Talonflame to take those hits.

Mega Kangaskhan is a new addition to the team but has so far shown to pubstomp with the set I'm running: Power Up Punch, Earthquake, Fake Out, and Sucker Punch. Fake Out nets free 90 BP damage when the little guy is out of the pouch, Power Up Punch activates twice essentially giving Kangaskhan a 70 BP Fighting attack that also gives +2 attack, and double EQ/Sucker Punch are for massive damage output.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is why I try to have more than one character to play as in a fighting game, in the event one of them doesn't appear in the next game.

Either way, you should be looking at more than just the character, but how they play.

Oh wait, this is the game where everyone's more obsessed with fanservice than quality.
I do look at how the character plays and how they were made in the game. That's why Sonic's overall lazy and poor design in Smash irritates and disgusts me. XD

And this is a crossover game. The biggest appeal first and foremost is the characters in it. If they don't sell the game, nothing else will. Period.

It's not like we're talking about Blazblue or something. XD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I do look at how the character plays and how they were made in the game. That's why Sonic's overall lazy and poor design in Smash irritates and disgusts me. XD

And this is a crossover game. The biggest appeal first and foremost is the characters in it. If they don't sell the game, nothing else will. Period.

It's not like we're talking about Blazblue or something. XD
How many Marth players have played Fire Emblem?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
All the characters I play are from games i played and enjoyed. I love how Olimar's moveset is based upon the reliance of his Pikmin crew, just as he does in the game. I play characters like Yoshi, not because of their movesets, but because i like the character.

I might be alone on this...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All the characters I play are from games i played and enjoyed. I love how Olimar's moveset is based upon the reliance of his Pikmin crew, just as he does in the game. I play characters like Yoshi, not because of their movesets, but because i like the character.

I might be alone on this...
I wanted Wario in Smash because I loved how Wario was portrayed in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and how Wario played in Wario Land 3... but I strongly disliked Wario's moveset in Brawl because it was made up of random stuff from WarioWare games.

Also, I have never played EarthBound or Mother 3 but I like Ness and Lucas in Melee/Brawl not because I like the characters but because I like their movesets.

I also hated Ice Climber, the NES game, because it was really bad with poor jumping physics... but I like the Ice Climbers' moveset and gameplay in Melee/Brawl.

If I get a character that I actively supported, I will be happy.... but if said character has a moveset and playstyle that I really enjoy, then I will be happier... but if said character is not fun or enjoyable for me to play with, then I will be disappointed but I would hope that they could be improved in the next game.

If I get a character that I am neutral towards or actively opposed, I will be either indifferent or critical... but if said character has a moveset and playstyle that I really enjoy, then I will be content but I still wouldn't mind whether they stayed or got cut from the next game... but if said character is not fun or enjoyable for me to play with , then I will be harshly critical and wish they got cut from the next game.

D

Deleted member

Musical Spoiler Warning :
Best legendary battle theme ?​
Best legendary battle theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom