• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pac-Man and Little Mac too might be tomorrow since there's Punchout!!'s japanese anniversary this week and Pac-Man: Ghostly Adventures is released this week.

We thus get to see if the whole rumor about the "Pac-Mac-Mii Leak" to be true tomorrow.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was thinking like they call him Little Pac because he's got a little package but that's okay because he already has a homosexual lover named Mac Man who doesn't mind at all because nothing will stop him from mackin' on his man.

It's really sweet actually.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That part was scary... I was freaking out a little when Mimi was chasing after me... and she was like that monster from the movie The Thing with those spider-like legs coming out of her head... and that noise she makes... MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIM... it was horrible.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
OR

Sakurai could reveal Lucario and I can finally feel comfortable about Sm4sh Bros. character-wise.
OR he can reveal both and everyone will be confused. :troll:
That part was scary... I was freaking out a little when Mimi was chasing after me... and she was like that monster from the movie The Thing with those spider-like legs coming out of her head... and that noise she makes... MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIM... it was horrible.
Dat neck breaking snapping noise.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Downloading Ace Attorney right now! :b: Also, prob gonna buy Revelations because of the temporary discount (even though I sucked at the demo lol)

Also, nice to see more of the new Sonic Lost World stage. Wonder what are going to be its details.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*tilts head*
Is it wrong that I always think of that military vehicle when I see your name, APC? D:

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
About the Wii Party U/Mii thing, doesn't Wii Party U come out next week in Japan? I thought that Sakurai, if he was revealing Miis, would do so next week as that's the Japan release date. Didn't he do the same with Toon Link, using Wind Waker HD's Japan's release date even though it came out first in America.

However, I do hear that tomorrow is the Japanese anniversary of Punch Out or something. If it is and Little Mac is revealed, that'd be so totally awesome. I think it's expect to safe something soon, as it'll soon be a month since the last character reveal, and we have been getting a character reveal every month. I'd understand though if X/Y threw everybody's expectations out the window.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Guys, don't worry, Miis won't be playable.

They'll just be the new Fighting (Whatever) Team. :troll:
So we'd get to beat up on random Miis in the Multi-Man Smashes?

...Actually, I'm totally down with that. XD

Even moreso if that's how Pac-Man was implemented. Just him and his family as the Fighting Pac-Man Team and we kick their asses endlessly.

I'm an asshole. I know. ¦D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai's reveals has either been during a Direct to promote a game, or on a release date of the game in a series. Having a release date or Direct related to a series that could get in(for instance, the Pokemon direct that happened not that long ago didn't give us anything at all) is not a guarantee either.

He's unpredictable, but if he does want Mii in, that could be a good time to do it. I do like Mii and find him/her a good choice, as generic characters have been Fighters of Smash for a while anyway. 64 and Melee suggest they're just a species as is, although obviously Yoshi himself is due to be a major protagonist and such, but he is based upon using all the generic colors of the race(which is notable among his various games anyway). So it's some of each design-wise. Pokemon Trainer is completely generic outside of the model they chose, and all of what he says is specifically the same thing any of the Trainers would say. Just about every Pokemon Playable Character is essentially generic, all taking nods from the Anime and/or Movies. Mewtwo may be the sole exception at the time of Melee, since there's one overall.(at least till the Genesect movie, where that is very muddied)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai's reveals has either been during a Direct to promote a game, or on a release date of the game in a series. Having a release date or Direct related to a series that could get in(for instance, the Pokemon direct that happened not that long ago didn't give us anything at all) is not a guarantee either.

He's unpredictable, but if he does want Mii in, that could be a good time to do it. I do like Mii and find him/her a good choice, as generic characters have been Fighters of Smash for a while anyway. 64 and Melee suggest they're just a species as is, although obviously Yoshi himself is due to be a major protagonist and such, but he is based upon using all the generic colors of the race(which is notable among his various games anyway). So it's some of each design-wise. Pokemon Trainer is completely generic outside of the model they chose, and all of what he says is specifically the same thing any of the Trainers would say. Just about every Pokemon Playable Character is essentially generic, all taking nods from the Anime and/or Movies. Mewtwo may be the sole exception at the time of Melee, since there's one overall.(at least till the Genesect movie, where that is very muddied)
Pokemon The First Movie was already out by the time Melee came out, so I honestly wouldn't say Mewtwo is an exception. If anything, his popularity from the movie is probably the reason he even got in. By the time Melee came out, the Lugia's movie had already come out, along with the Pikachu and Pichu short.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon The First Movie was already out by the time Melee came out, so I honestly wouldn't say Mewtwo is an exception. If anything, his popularity from the movie is probably the reason he even got in. By the time Melee came out, the Lugia's movie had already come out, along with the Pikachu and Pichu short.
That's not what I mean. I mean that unlike the rest of the Pokemon characters, Mewtwo 1 may actually be one of a kind instead of just a generic species with anime influences like everybody else.(and of course, movesets taken from the games as well. Or other media. Thunder Jolt didn't originate from the games, that's for sure) At least till a second Mewtwo exists. It's possible there are two even in the games, depending if the Kalos one is the one from Kanto or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom