• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I feel that a 3rd Kid Icarus stage can be pushed but onto the 3ds version. We know that there's likely to be a main one that will be on both systems, and with Uprising on the 3ds, there's always that chance, but what do I know?
I'd like a stage based on the Underworld levels from Myths and Monsters.

I don't believe that game got any content in Brawl despite being, y'know, the only other Kid Icarus game out there at the time.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
OM&M never did get much attention overall as it is. Though I never seen much of the game at all, it would be nice to have some references from it too. 1 Skyworld area, 1 Underworld area, and a Viridi place to make it balanced if not 2 Skyworld-themed spots. *late reply*

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, currently I'm browsing the Miiverse Super Smash Bros. community, and since I have an Nintendo Network ID and Wii U I might post pictures or write comments from time to time. Not an artist by the way, but getting messages across never hurts. Especially from something much more broad.

First message is this:

Again, not an artist...

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
By the way, currently I'm browsing the Miiverse Super Smash Bros. community, and since I have an Nintendo Network ID and Wii U I might post pictures or write comments from time to time. Not an artist by the way, but getting messages across never hurts. Especially from something much more broad.

First message is this:

Again, not an artist...
Shulk support is always great support. I'm no artist either but I can't get on the miiverse stuff because no Wii U yet. Keep it up man ^^

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
OM&M never did get much attention overall as it is. Though I never seen much of the game at all, it would be nice to have some references from it too. 1 Skyworld area, 1 Underworld area, and a Viridi place to make it balanced if not 2 Skyworld-themed spots. *late reply*
When it comes to Kid Icarus stages, there are 3 places I would love to see. In order of apperence:

1 - You know, I sometimes feel as if I was the only fan who remembers this one thing. Call me biased for (appropriately) being stuck on this level for a long while trying to get a 9.0 intensity run, but man, for something with there own theme music in the original, and an entire level/fortress dedicated to them, they seem forgotten. I also consider it to be the best bridge between the "8-bit" and "Modern" Icarus.

2 - The Galactic Sea, mates! Imagine the beauty of the stardust waves, rolling along the Space Pirate Ship as players fight on the wires of the Constellations amidst the stars. Of course, we can't let the Space Pirates (and the Space Kraken, and the Metroids Komatos) hog all the glory. It would be way too easy to insert all the other space-related stuff in here too, so expect the Lunar Sanctum to get into a dogfight, the Lightning Chariot making its daily route, and the Aurum Armada doing whatever the Aurum do in there spare time to appear.

3 - Thanatos vs. Phosphora. Round 2. No other explanation necessary. Completely awesome.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

First message is this:

Again, not an artist...
Bro I just saw this on Miiverse. I didn't know if this was you are not, I left the Pac-man & Chrom comment :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So what do a good chunk of the comments on there look like? Since I can't access it ^^; The other pictures and such.
Well you can always go on the Miiverse website to get glimpses of the most popular posts. Everything should be self explanatory. Though if you want to get the whole picture, you'll need to make an account via a Wii U console.

In terms of general comments, it's a general crap shot considering how broad Miiverse is when it comes to users and content. You can find some really cool stuff on there, but also find some dumb stuff too.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well you can always go on the Miiverse website to get glimpses of the most popular posts. Everything should be self explanatory. Thought if you want to get the whole picture, you'll need to make an account via a Wii U console.

In terms of general comments, it's a general crap shot considering how broad Miiverse is when it comes to users and content. You can find some really cool stuff on there, but also find some dumb stuff too.
Ok thanks man. I unfortunately lack a Wii U currently so I'll take what I can get from this.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Stage Amounts

Unannounced Newcomers for other Franchises (And Sonic/Metal Gear Solid) 5
Super Mario - 4 [Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros., Dark Moon, 3D Land]
Legend Of Zelda - 4 [Ocarina of Time 3D, a Link between Worlds, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword]
Pokemon - 4 [Black/White, Stadium, X/Y, ???]
Non-Playable Franchises - 4 [Nintendog, Rhythm Heaven, ???, ???]
Kirby - 3 [Epic Yarn, Returns to Dreamland, ???]
Donkey Kong - 3 [Donkey Kong Country Returns, ???, ???]
Metroid - 3 [Metroid Prime, Metroid: Other M, ???]
Hardware (ROB/Mii/G&W/WFT/3DS/Wii U) - 3 [Wii Fit, WuHu Island, Nintendo Land]
Fire Emblem - 2 [Fire Emblem: Awakening, ???]
Star Fox - 2 {Star Fox 64 3DS. ???]
Mother - 2 [Earthbound, Mother 3]
Animal Crossing - 2 [City Folk, New Leaf]
F - Zero - 2 [F-Zero, ???]
Kid Icarus - 2 [Kid Icarus: Uprising, ???]
Wario - 2 [WarioWare D.I.Y, Wario Land: Shake It]
Yoshi - 2 [Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi Yarn]
Mega Man - 1 [Megaman 2]
Pikmin - 1 [Pikmin 3]
Ice Climbers - 1 [Ice Climbers]

Fifty stages, how do you feel about the distribution, and what five past stages would you bring back from Brawl?
Well, as far as distribution goes I think certain titles have too many if you're not including past stages. F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mother and Wario should lose a stage. I'd give the Mario series one more just because I have a feeling we will have a spin off stage like Mario Circuit and Mario Bros. again. I'd also bump up the new series to seven since you're including returning guests.

If I had to pick five past stages from Brawl here would be my list:

1: The Halberd
2: Yoshi's Island
3: Castle Siege
4: Lylat Cruise
5: Bridge of Eldin

Smashville could have easily made the list, but the new Animal Crossing stages appear to be enhanced versions of the formula. Pirate Ship will probably be re-modified in HD for the Wii U version, just as Yoshi's Island may be for the 3DS.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If I had to pick five past stages from Brawl here would be my list:

1: The Halberd
2: Yoshi's Island
3: Castle Siege
4: Lylat Cruise
5: Bridge of Eldin
I'd have to say my list is pretty similar except for Yoshi's Island I'd keep Port Town Aero Dive instead because i'm a sadist and actually like that stage.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just wish the cars in Areo Drive didn't have so much knock back. I don't think Mute City's cars did THAT much damage.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I actually liked Port Town Aero Drive, that is probably my favorite stage in Brawl actually.
I considered throwing it on there, but as great of a stage as it was I've always preferred Big Blue more. Nothing beats actually fighting atop vehicles. If Sakurai could try an improve upon that formula (mainly larger vehicles) in say a Fire Field stage I'd be set.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I considered throwing it on there, but as great of a stage as it was I've always preferred Big Blue more. Nothing beats actually fighting atop vehicles. If Sakurai could try an improve upon that formula (mainly larger vehicles) in say a Fire Field stage I'd be set.
That would be pretty great. Sonic better still be able to run on the road

Just wish the cars in Areo Drive didn't have so much knock back. I don't think Mute City's cars did THAT much damage.
I'd have to play both and compare them. It's been a fair bit since I played Melee to be honest.. My disc got pretty badly scratched up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, the vehicles from Port Town Aero Dive do more damage and knockback then the vehicles from Mute City. I believe the vehicles are also larger and faster in Port Town Aero Dive.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Well, the vehicles from Port Town Aero Dive do more damage and knockback then the vehicles from Mute City. I believe the vehicles are also larger and faster in Port Town Aero Dive.
Well, I think that's because they attempted to make it more accurate to the actual F-Zero universe

Hickory

Smash Cadet
QUESTION. I know absolutely nothing about Xenoblade - is it a legit Nintendo game, and is it a live series? As in, are there more coming, or was it just a one-off?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
QUESTION. I know absolutely nothing about Xenoblade - is it a legit Nintendo game, and is it a live series? As in, are there more coming, or was it just a one-off?
It's a Nintendo console exclusive 3rd party JRPG by the developers, Monolith. Yes, there's a sequel in the works for the Wii U

D

Deleted member

-Monolith is owned by Nintendo, meaning Xenoblade is a first party IP.
-There is nothing said whether or not X is a sequel.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
-Monolith is owned by Nintendo, meaning Xenoblade is a first party IP.
-There is nothing said whether or not X is a sequel.

Oh, I didn't know Nintendo owned Monolith, sorry.
And X may not be a sequel in terms of the story or universe, but I meant "a sequel" as in Xenoblade's successor, which it most definitely is.

D

Deleted member

Successor =/= sequel.

Xenoblade is not a sequel to Xenosaga or Xenogears, for example.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, it is a safe assumption that X is at least related to Xenoblade in some sort of fashion. Both games have the same development team, there are a lot of similarities if you pay attention to gameplay, and there are hints of connections like with the teased character suspiciously being similar to Shulk.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Regardless if it's related to Xenoblade or not, thank Bionis the game X is going to get a global release in 2014 in every major region. Unlike Xenoblade where we had to have a hissy fit for a localization and had to wait for the game to be released years later in limited quantities.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Regardless if it's related to Xenoblade or not, thank Bionis the game X is going to get a global release in 2014 in every major region. Not unlike Xenoblade where we had to have a hissy fit for a localization and had to wait for the game to be released years later in limited quantities.
Thank goodness we don't have to pull off Project Rainfall 2 Electric Boogaloo. Because it would be electrifying.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You don't have to be a direct sequel to tie into another game. Whether or not Monolith Soft's new game is an announced sequel to Xenoblade really doesn't change anything as far as Super Smash Bros is concerned. Chances are X won't even be released by the time Super Smash Bros does, and even if so it will end up within a narrow enough gap to fall into the same situation as Prime 3 or Mario Galaxy with Brawl.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for the Wii Fit Trainer vs. Wario fanart.
The unstoppable force of fitness meets the immovable object of laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom