• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Not sure if this was stated but, what's the japanese opinions on the newcomers revealed?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I don't know, Ridley's arguably the most evil Nintendo villain. He blew up Samus's dad, burned her mother to death in front of Samus's eyes when she was still a child, and was the one that gave the order to kill her entire space colony. Ridley's the Nintendo equivalent of the Joker.
And Gannon tried to take over the world while committing mass genocide, obviously he couldn't be playable. :)

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I will never understand the want for Ridley. He just seems like a character that wouldnt fit at all in terms of looks to the other characters.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, Ridley's arguably the most evil Nintendo villain. He blew up Samus's dad, burned her mother to death in front of Samus's eyes when she was still a child, and was the one that gave the order to kill her entire space colony. Ridley's the Nintendo equivalent of the Joker.
"Nintendo's equivalent of the Joker"...they're both evil and....?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have a theory that Ridley is going to be in this game for the similar back peddle reasoning Villager got in.

Ridley was claimed to be "impossible", but then the statement was rectified by the "if we try it could work" thing. Similarly, Villager was initially rejected because of Animal Crossing being too peaceful, but was backpedaled by a statement regarding to the character using varies tools like nets to attack.
Hmmmm..yh i hear you it is a Good Chance that Ridley crossed his mind when Villager did hopefullySakurai feel comitted or some what to challenge himself and Make Ridley work and put him in sorta like stepping forward breaking old barriers a Revolution sorta thing.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Hmmmm..yh i hear you it is a Good Chance that Ridley crossed his mind when Villager did hopefullySakurai feel comitted or some what to challenge himself and Make Ridley work and put him in sorta like stepping forward breaking old barriers a Revolution sorta thing.
The way you phrased this broke my brain but I agree with the sentiment.

I like seeing people kind of hoping for characters to get in, even if they're not necessarily that bothered. When people were super hyped about Villager, it made me happy. I wasn't really fazed either way but he's definitely a cool addition.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, it doesn't help that Samus grew up to become a constant thorn in his side, thwarting his and the Space Pirates' operations at every turn. I think he keeps going after Samus more because he's pissed off about that. Lol

Smooth Criminal

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The way you phrased this broke my brain but I agree with the sentiment.

I like seeing people kind of hoping for characters to get in, even if they're not necessarily that bothered. When people were super hyped about Villager, it made me happy. I wasn't really fazed either way but he's definitely a cool addition.
Hehehe Thanks but yh..i Really want Ridley in...#1 most wanted followed by Mewtwo & K.Rool also Kamek...but yh....

Im really glad they are making Bowser better and better so if the most worse outcome happenz....! I still have my sexy BooZer 1080p Dropkick to deliver in PeePz faces! :)

And yh im pretty damn sure the Online Gameplay & Character Balance will be the best in the whole series so far...another HUGEE Dissapointment will be if they didnt change Ganondorf's moveset.....or if they just changed tge Visuals on the moves and passed it off as a orginal moveset Like Brawl did....HELL even if they Balance his Power & Speed but still keep him CaptainDorf it would be a Dissapointment...but eh best outcome of that i guess....is it really that damn hard to come up with a Real Moveset for Ganondorf...hes one of the most popular, well known important chars in Nintendo history....and they Smash treats him like a HM Slave from Pokemon....Ugh....i dont get it understand sometimes....RealTalk...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fairypuff. I'm ready for some new moves. Come ooooon fairypuff.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Jigglypuff being Fairy-type as of Generation VI paves way for new moves for her in Smash 4, much like how Pit has some weapons from Uprising this time.

<<<< New avatar, by the way. The whole Pit and Mega Man talk earlier inspired me to make this new avatar.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
GeeZ man...as every pokemon gen comes out it muffles my knowledge...i can picture one of the first things ima do in Gen6 hit a now fairy type poke with a fighting type move and be like Wa Da FuAQ? Games bugged....

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nope, it's going to be the Nintendo Land version. :troll:
Notice that Ridley in Nintendo Land strongly resembles the NES version of Ridley? Purple dragon with green wings. I guess you Ridley fans might get your wish. A small Ridley who is based on the NES version. :troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, it doesn't help that Samus grew up to become a constant thorn in his side, thwarting his and the Space Pirates' operations at every turn. I think he keeps going after Samus more because he's pissed off about that. Lol

Smooth Criminal
But think about Ridley in Metroid Fusion and Other M where he's cloned. He has no recollection of who Samus is. He just has an instinctual drive to kill her. People complain about Other M but I like the fact that they brought up how terrifying it would be to have the being who killed your parents and your people repeatedly come back to life knowing that you personally killed them and watch in horror as they continue to come after you with the same amount of blood lust every single time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
>Samus based on Other M
>Ridley based not on Other M

Good luck.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Guys, have you seen this DKC Tropical Freeze footage?
It's so good to see it's having an ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK again, instead of those lame remixes of the previous game.
We can thank whoever called David Freakin' Wise to be the composer of this game. He really makes a difference.

It's official, Retro is Nintendo's new Rare.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh....man! I can't wait to see how Yoshi's Skin, Peach's hair and Falco's feathers look!

I also hope Yoshi gets bright red shoes instead of those dull orange ones.
I just want Peach to get a new palette swap that makes her look like her original NES sprite... red hair and white-red dress... similar to this one.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
@Arcadenik - Yo that would be sick! That Peach looks awsome!

Also LMFAOOOOO Sorry...but i had to post this...cracked me up sooo hard when i first saw it...hopefully it does the same for you lot.
vTmASjX.gif

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to repress memories of Captain N's Metroid representation (Samus being involved in a love triangle, at that) similarly to how Zelda fans like to pretend the CDI games never existed.

That said, I actually like his original NoA Metroid Concept Art. Looks twitchy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ridley looks like he's from Dragon Tales in the Captain N cartoon... but he looks like a cheap Jar Jar Binks knockoff in the Captain N comic. Talk about inconsistency. LOL

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Oh....man! I can't wait to see how Yoshi's Skin, Peach's hair and Falco's feathers look!

I also hope Yoshi gets bright red shoes instead of those dull orange ones.
Yoshi hasn't worn red shoes in a loong time. His shoes probably won't be Brawl dull anymore, b ut they'll still be orange:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pot belly Ridley and Bugface Ridley alternative designs confirmed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, if you want Yoshi to wear red shoes, then he has to have orange arms too. That's how his SMW sprite looked like. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... I heard that Mewtwo was fairy type now?

Source?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whoever designs Ridley for Smash, it would seem natural to take a few cues from Super Metroid's design, even if it was mostly based on Other M. I mean, just think of it:

"Since this is Ridley's first time as a playable character instead of a boss, we decided to change tweak his design a little bit to fit his new role. Like Samus, we used his Other M incarnation. His eyes are bigger now, with visible pupils, so he seems less like a mindless monster. His frame is less bulky to make him appear less threatening."

So basically reverting back to something similar to the Brawl design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom