• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I bought Fire Emblem: Awakening today. Been playing through it and I've cleared Ch. 4 already. Got to see Arena Ferox that will also appear on SSB4.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not to be rude, but what makes Paper Mario better then Mario & Luigi RPG series?
Nothing makes anything better than anything else other than personal preference.
For instance, I really like Brawl and Melee at the same time. I know, I know, I'm magical.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I bought Fire Emblem: Awakening today. Been playing through it and I've cleared Ch. 4 already. Got to see Arena Ferox that will also appear on SSB4.
Nice, I just restarted my Awakening file 2 days ago midway through playing it (I stopped around the 23rd Chapter (I really want Robin as the Fire Emblem Rep after finding out a certain plot twist.)). I wasn't happy with the skills that I gave some of my characters, and the skills that would pass to their offspring.

If you interested in making a sick army, I suggest looking at a list of skills certain classes could gain, and reclassing your fighters to take advantage of those skills. If your not all too worried about having a sick army and just want to get through the game nvm then.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got Wii U Pro Controller yesterday for $40 and I'm super glad I made that purchase. I WAS planning to have the button layout similar to what I do with the 3DS Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion game controls but when playing around with this controller I think I'll just use the same button layout like the GameCube controller (A = Normal attack, B = Special Move, X & Y are Jump, etc.)

As for the Mario RPG's talk, this is my tier list of my fave series: Mario & Luigi > Paper Mario > Super Mario RPG.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just got Wii U Pro Controller yesterday for $40 and I'm super glad I made that purchase. I WAS planning to have the button layout similar to what I do with the 3DS Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion game controls but when playing around with this controller I think I'll just use the same button layout like the GameCube controller (A = Normal attack, B = Special Move, X & Y are Jump, etc.)

As for the Mario RPG's talk, this is my tier list of my fave series: Mario & Luigi > Paper Mario > Super Mario RPG.
Isn't CN: PTE a Wii game? If it is how are you able to play it with the Wii U Pro controller?? Or is it a 3rd party Wii U pro controller

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm doing Normal/Classic. So far, I have a good impression of the game.

My favorite characters now are Sully and Vaike.
Nice nice. Sully and Vaike are great, I find it hard not to like just about everyone in Awakening haha. Same can be said of my love of the Elibe and Tellius characters, and many of the other games ones too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Awesomeness, have you recruited Anna yet? You should. You're the one who made her support thread in the first place. At least if you reached the point in the game where you are able to. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Isn't CN: PTE a Wii game? If it is how are you able to play it with the Wii U Pro controller?? Or is it a 3rd party Wii U pro controller
I'm talking about the button LAYOUT not controller. PTE had this to default:

A = Grab
B = Attack
X = Jump
Y = Special Move

I even use this button layout on PC Game Pad when I play Super Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade. But putting my thumb on that position with my Wii U Pro Controller and it felt wrong on SO many levels.

Plus there was PTE on Wii.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sure why not. Goombario or Goombella fanboying/girling over odd characters and explaining their moves would be amusing
He's Luigi. I don't have to say anything about him, do I? He's your brother!
Luigi's is already done.

Oh, and...
It's the Evil King Bowser! Finally, after all this time! He has a huge arsenal of attacks, from blowing clouds of fire to jumping on us. Fire Attack: 8, Stamp Attack/Nail Attack: 6 I'm sure he has other attacks that I don't know. Boy, does he look nasty! He's strong enough as it is, but I'm sure he can use that Star Rod to increase his power until he's nearly invincible. Princess Peach needs us! Let's take him, Mario!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But he mentioned the 3DS one.

He was referring to setting his button layout like the 3DS version of the game, not using the controller for the wii version.
I was under the impression that you could customize your controls similar to Brawl in CN: PTE. So when he said changing button layout I assumed he was tweaking the controls to the 3DS counter part. Misunderstanding on my part.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm talking about the button LAYOUT not controller. PTE had this to default:

A = Grab
B = Attack
X = Jump
Y = Special Move

I even use this button layout on PC Game Pad when I play Super Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade. But putting my thumb on that position with my Wii U Pro Controller and it felt wrong on SO many levels.

Plus there was PTE on Wii.
Oh, okay Toaster cleared it up. I thought you could change controller layout in the console version of the game and were adjusting the pro controller controls the 3DS counter part. My bad.

I will say that the placement of the 2nd analog stick does feel a bit awkward. I am hoping for some 3rd party company to make a GCN inspired Wii U pro controller.
[collapse= My dream pro controller]
[/collapse]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I will never forgive Punch Time Explosion for not putting in the Eds. That was unacceptable. :urg:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh, okay Toaster cleared it up. I thought you could change controller layout in the console version of the game and were adjusting the pro controller controls the 3DS counter part. My bad.

I will say that the placement of the 2nd analog stick does feel a bit awkward.
For the first part you said, you can change the control layout of the controller on the console version of PTE (but way WAY more restricted than Brawl's) but for the 3DS game you only have 4 preset control layouts and the first one is my fave.

As for the second part, after finally trying out this controller, it's safe to say for that people are making the right stick position of the WUPC sound way WORSE worse and biased than it actually is. A teeny different yes but I highly doubt it'll throw people off guard as the noobs are making it sound like.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I will never forgive you for admitting you've played that game.

In all actuality, I never played it. I just heard about it, Googled it, saw it sucked, and noticed the character list. Which lacked the Eds. So the game sucked infinitely more. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
For the first part you said, you can change the control layout of the controller on the console version of PTE (but way WAY more restricted than Brawl's) but for the 3DS game you only have 4 preset control layouts and the first one is my fave.

As for the second part, after finally trying out this controller, it's safe to say for that people are making the right stick position of the WUPC sound way WORSE worse and biased than it actually is. A teeny different yes but I highly doubt it'll throw people off guard as the noobs are making it sound like.
Oh, okay cool. I have only tried a friend's 3DS version of the game so I'm unfamiliar with the Wii version and its features.

Well there are a lot of things that factor into their complaints:
1) The layout is different and feels foreign to them and they have trouble adapting.
2) It's different and they hate it, because it's not comfortable to them *cough*Melee purists*cough*
3) The placement of the 2nd stick may not be as ergonomically comfortable to some people depending on their hand size.
4) people just like to complain

Personally for me it's 3) It does feel strenuous on my thumbs to go from the 2nd stick to the A button, but i'm sure when SSB4 comes out i'll adjust the layout to something more comfortable.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I know this is monstrously cliche and everyone hates when this gets asked, but... Have I missed anything important lately? I'm at a conference and I haven't had any time at all to check on Smash news. Forgive me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I know this is monstrously cliche and everyone hates when this gets asked, but... Have I missed anything important lately? I'm at a conference and I haven't had any time at all to check on Smash news. Forgive me.
Nothing other than some minor photo updates.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom