• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hate the Mii. Am warming up more for the Wii Fit Trainer than the Villager. Still don't care much about Megaman, but he looks far more fun than Sonic ever was. So there's that. Villager does have this super troll status, and he looks like a complete maniac. Would probably only play him when I'm really, really high. :rolleyes:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Just wanna say that the Villager can have the Tree/Bowling ball as a kill move just fine since his (what I'm assuming, D-Smash) shovel puts people in the ground.

Just gotta hit with that second hit.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Except CAS characters and presumably Combot are banned from tournament play. As I said in an earlier post, it's impossible to balance a Mii due to its varying weight and height.
But being banned from tournaments doesn't stop my friends from using him. Good point about the physical properties.

MrMax

Smash Rookie
I already know I'm gonna love being the Villager. He seems a bit like G&W to me.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm begining to think that the Miis maynot be customizable, but instead all characters moveset can be buffed through the use of stickers.

Look how high Mario jumped in the E3 trailer before he transitioned to the WiiU version

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm begining to think that the Miis maynot be customizable, but instead all characters moveset can be buffed through the use of stickers.

Look how high Mario jumped in the E3 trailer before he transitioned to the WiiU version
I would be shocked if the Tekken team let that happen.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I can't believe people are looking into that as if it wasn't just used for effect and a nice transition.

This is one of my least favorite parts about the wait for a new smash. There's gonna be a ~year of this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tom Nook R.I.P :urg: Though, the letter the Villager dropped did get Tom Nook's eye. He might just be an unlockable AC rep?

At least I'm content with the Villager having boxing, bowling and other stupid attacks and the Wii Fit Trainer in general that there will be no playable Miis in this. Which is good. I hate Miis.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
In less than 24 hours it seems that most of the internet has fallen in love with the Villager and WFT. I remember supporting the Villager (I called him the Animal Crosser) way back in 2005 but stopped actively supporting him shortly before Brawl was released because virtually everyone insisted that it was a stupid character idea (what's he going to do? Use a butterfly net on people?) and that Tom Nook was a thousand times more likely. Eight years later, it's good to see that Animal Crossing got a rep and such an imaginative one too.
I love Villager. Granted, I supported Tom Nook until the very end (with the same moveset), but that was unrealistic and wasn't going to happen. It's my prejudice against nameless avatars. And just think, if this rumor is true, THREE nameless avatars will be confirmed by the end of the week. Regardless, Animal Crossing is absolutely deserving of a rep and it looks like Sakurai absolutely nailed it with Villager.

That being said, if this rumor is true, the roster is starting out of the gate with a total of THREE wasted character slots (And I think we can all more or less agree that WFT, Mii, and Pacman are wastes). HOWEVER, I guess you could argue that Brawl had the same, depending on how much you liked ROB, Wolf, and Toon Link (Personally, I think all three of these are far more worthy than WFT, Mii, and Pacman). The silver lining is that once all of the terrible characters are out of the way, there aren't many more awful choices left for him to reveal, right? Maybe we can start seeing the characters that people actually WANT (K. Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Shulk, etc).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
At least Wolf and Toon Link were characters. Why are people assuming we would have an update by now when Nintendo revealed WFT on the show floor? It's 630AM in California right now.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
The silver lining is that once all of the terrible characters are out of the way, there aren't many more awful choices left for him to reveal, right? Maybe we can start seeing the characters that people actually WANT (K. Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Shulk, etc).
This post is silly. You can call characters terrible but that's in your opinion. I honestly don't want K. Rool OR Ridley in because I don't see them as playable characters (Hence why Ridley was giant and a boss in SSE).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
There's a site for the dojo that can be accessed purely by the internet, Horsetail. :)

www.smashbros.com iirc. ^_^

And guys, don't freak out just yet. So far this new information has left me both surprised (pleasantly), refreshed and looking forward to more. I'm loving every bit of what i'm seeing and i'm sure Sakurai will get to the obvious ones. Trust me he's not THAT much of a troll you guys hehe. :)

AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE TOOK OUT TRIPPING MAYBE HIP HIP HUZZAH!!! :DDDDD

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I love Villager. Granted, I supported Tom Nook until the very end (with the same moveset), but that was unrealistic and wasn't going to happen. It's my prejudice against nameless avatars. And just think, if this rumor is true, THREE nameless avatars will be confirmed by the end of the week. Regardless, Animal Crossing is absolutely deserving of a rep and it looks like Sakurai absolutely nailed it with Villager.

That being said, if this rumor is true, the roster is starting out of the gate with a total of THREE wasted character slots (And I think we can all more or less agree that WFT, Mii, and Pacman are wastes). HOWEVER, I guess you could argue that Brawl had the same, depending on how much you liked ROB, Wolf, and Toon Link (Personally, I think all three of these are far more worthy than WFT, Mii, and Pacman). The silver lining is that once all of the terrible characters are out of the way, there aren't many more awful choices left for him to reveal, right? Maybe we can start seeing the characters that people actually WANT (K. Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Shulk, etc).

I'm fine with these "wasted" characters because it wasn't like there were a whole lot of highly requested characters left. Just go through Short's polls and the top seven characters barely changed besides their positioning. Mewtwo and Ridley alone would probably shut up half of the Super Smash Bros boards across the net. What I find interesting is Sakurai is still pulling character idea from the Brawl period. Makes me curious if Geno really does have a shot this time.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm fine with these "wasted" characters because it wasn't like there were a whole lot of highly requested characters left. Just go through Short's polls and the top seven characters barely changed besides their positioning. Mewtwo and Ridley alone would probably shut up half of the Super Smash Bros boards across the net. What I find interesting is Sakurai is still pulling character idea from the Brawl period. Makes me curious if Geno really does have a shot this time.
That's what I was thinking. Sakurai is always playing catchup, so maybe Geno/Krystal aren't as doomed as we thought.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Does anyone remember at what time the Brawl dojo used to be updated? The timings might be similar.

D

Deleted member

Well, all 3 of the new characters seem innovative and unique in fighting style, so that gives them bonus points in my book. Even if WFT is still kind of an odd fit that I still feel confused about.

I don't really have a problem, like I said, as long as the gameplay is top-notch and the characters are properly balanced yet unique, the Roster could have tons of off-the-wall choices and still be A-Ok.

For newcomers, I dunno, I think Palutena, Mewtwo, Ridley, Takamaru, and (maybe) Shulk, all have a decent shot.

The roster will probably go a bit over 40 imo, maybe 45 tops. So far we have 12 revealed.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well, all 3 of the new characters seem innovative and unique in fighting style, so that gives them bonus points in my book. Even if WFT is still kind of an odd fit that I still feel confused about.

I don't really have a problem, like I said, as long as the gameplay is top-notch and the characters are properly balanced yet unique, the Roster could have tons of off-the-wall choices and still be A-Ok.

For newcomers, I dunno, I think Palutena, Mewtwo, Ridley, Takamaru, and (maybe) Shulk, all have a decent shot.

The roster will probably go a bit over 40 imo, maybe 45 tops. So far we have 12 revealed.
I think we're all underestimating Sakurai here. If this rumor is true (and it looks like it very well could be), we'll have 6 newcomers revealed by the end of E3. If the roster is only barely over 40, there would have to be A. massive cuts, B. hardly any newcomers revealed after E3, and C. no secret newcomers. Does this really make sense?

If anything, if these 6 characters are revealed by the end of the week, 2 of which being 3rd parties, I think the roster could be pretty damn big.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's what I was thinking. Sakurai is always playing catchup, so maybe Geno/Krystal aren't as doomed as we thought.

It's always been a mixture of catchup, recycling, cognizance and his own crazy imagination. In fact, I think we see that in this E3 lineup quite well:

Villager - Recycled from Brawl
Megaman - Most popular request for SSB4
Wii Fit Trainer - Imagination
Little Mac - Popular request for SSB4
Pacman - Imagination
Mii - Recycled from Brawl

I'm sure a lot of those can bleed into the other but I think everyone gets the point. Sakurai's willingness to reuse character concepts is why I think Geno, Krystal, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Roy and Ridley stand to benefit the most (not that all of them will be playable). I would not be surprised if all of the characters he scrapped for Brawl are playable this game.
I think we're all underestimating Sakurai here. If this rumor is true (and it looks like it very well could be), we'll have 6 newcomers revealed by the end of E3. If the roster is only barely over 40, there would have to be A. massive cuts, B. hardly any newcomers revealed after E3, and C. no secret newcomers. Does this really make sense?

If anything, if these 6 characters are revealed by the end of the week, 2 of which being 3rd parties, I think the roster could be pretty damn big.
I really think Sakurai is going to hit the fifty mark. I know what he said about balance, but that was before he had a team like Namco-Bandai helping him when he was still anticipating balancing the game primarily by himself. With a good team behind him I think we will see his eccentric drive try and fit as much as he can once again.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Considering that Brawl had 14 and this roster is said to be smaller, I can't imagine it'll be more than 10, 12 at a push.
With Zero Suit and all of PT's Pokemon, it was actually 18 newcomers. 15 isn't farfetched.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I am not expecting more than 40 characters total to be honest. If we get close to 50 I would be hype.

And I am pretty sure the classic 12 will stay in the game (100% sure).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Considering that Brawl had 14 and this roster is said to be smaller, I can't imagine it'll be more than 10, 12 at a push.
AC was said to be impossible to include in Smash, and look at how Sakurai changed his mind there. Also, PT counts as 3 reps.

-Link-

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else feel like K. Rools chances of making the roster might be affected by the fact that he once again is not making an appearance in another donkey kong country? Why don't they make him the main antagonist of the game?! I miss those old days !!!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Do you want to explain this "rumour" or just continue to be cryptic?
Oh, sorry. I thought that everyone had heard (that bird is the word).

Anyways, a Neogaf user predicted 6 characters would be revealed at E3: Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pacman, and Mii. Now not even in the most horrible eldritch nightmares could anyone other than Sakurai dream up the Wii Fit Trainer and actually think she would be playable, much less revealed at E3. It gives the dude A LOT of credibility. On top of that, Reggie said that there "may" be more Smash news this week. I would reckon that this means that the 3 remaining characters that this dude listed could be revealed by the end of the week.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Oh, sorry. I thought that everyone had heard (that bird is the word).

Anyways, a Neogaf user predicted 6 characters would be revealed at E3: Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pacman, and Mii. Now not even in the most horrible eldritch nightmares could anyone other than Sakurai dream up the Wii Fit Trainer and actually think she would be playable, much less revealed at E3. It gives the dude A LOT of credibility. On top of that, Reggie said that there "may" be more Smash news this week. I would reckon that this means that the 3 remaining characters that this dude listed could be revealed by the end of the week.
Thanks. I must've missed those posts when my internet dropped out yesterday.

Hm, can't say I'm a fan of the Mii but I'm not surprised. The others are fine by me though.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If they drop 6 characters at E3 with the game still this far out, we are definitely getting a roster increase comparable in size to Brawl's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom