• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HONEY QUEEN WAS A FINE CHOICE YOU GUYS SUCK.

And don't you dare say anything about my dear Metal Mario.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, I don't understand why they went for such a giant leap in roster size for MKWii, and went straight back down from there. Characters in kart racers hardly mean much, essentially just different stat changes, which is all numbers. Models are usually very simple, as are animations. I mean, you get right down to it, there's nothing that you really have to animate that isn't fluff (not that it doesn't have its own charm and uses), since at the core you're moving an object through an environment from point A to... point A again since it's a loop.

I GUESS YOU COULD LOOK AT CHARACTERS AS A SUPERFLUOUS WAY TO USE UP MEMORY, but who doesn't love a huge cast of characters anyhow lol.
Exactly. The models are simple to do, the stats are super simple to do, and the animation is simple to do. I just think Mario Kart 7 was rushed in every regard, including the title. With Mario Kart 7 they could have just made characters like Waluigi free easy to add DLC, or include them in a pack with multiple characters, stages, items, and even a game mode or two, etc. Also, Mario Kart Wii only had 25 playable characters. That isn't very many.
Isn't it also funny how Nintendo hates fan favourite wishes regarding retro titles (Wart, PM characters and so on) when it comes to MK-rosters? And instead we just get one-shot NPCs like Honey Queen or Baby Daisy?
For reals, the roster needs more variety, and more older characters like Baby Bowser, ROB, Petey Piranha, Para Troopa, Dixie Kong, Stanley (from Donkey Kong 3), King K. Rool, etc. Also, can we get DK Jr. back, and finally get Kamek for the first time (she was going to be in Mario Kart 64, but was replaced by Wario)=???

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I want the Excited Biker to be a character. He should play exactly like you would expect him to, and if his bike overheats then you're thrown off and you have to run around the track dodging all the madness that goes on in Mario Kart to get back to your bike.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
What i want for a new Mario Strikers.

Veterans:
All the captains from the previous games and the Super Team should return. All previous side kicks should stay also.

New Captains:
Rosalina
King Boo
King K Rool

Side Kicks:
Lumas
Boom Booms
Goombas (They'd be perfect for Soccer in general)
Different ghosts from both Luigi's Mansion games.
Kremlings
Now that you mention Mario Strikers, I need to try out the Wii version of the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want the Excited Biker to be a character. He should play exactly like you would expect him to, and if his bike overheats then you're thrown off and you have to run around the track dodging all the madness that goes on in Mario Kart to get back to your bike.
Excite Biker, Mach Rider, the Balloon Fighter, and heck, even CAPTAIN FALCON could all make great Mario Kart characters.

Also, is it too much to ask for some characters from say Mario Golf, Mario & Luigi, and ESPECIALLY freaking Paper Mario=???

Seriously, I wanna play as Mr. L, Count Bleck, and really anyone from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door SOOOOOOO BADDDDD!!!!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't think Goldeneye aged badly, I remember not too long ago playing the multiplayer and having a blast with it.

And my favorite thing to do in Kirby Air Ride was to fight Dyna Blade in the city, but you couldn't exactly control when she'd appear so I had to spend a lot of time in the city. :laugh: But overall the game was very shallow to me.

HONEY QUEEN WAS A FINE CHOICE YOU GUYS SUCK
Maaaan Honey Queen was my go-to girl in that game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So, since Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will also be shown at E3, how many are interested in it?
I'm only interested in the 1992 Dream Team is playable. I know from personal experience that I am a BOSS with Magic Johnson, and I'm pretty sure I could post up and pass to the other side of the court to Bird posting up or I could make a jump hook in order to land that big dagger to the enemies' heart with Magic Johnson.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Huh, yeah, that's really strange how they haven't had anything from Paper Mario in Mario Kart. Such a unique theme to use too. I guess you'd have a little cardboard box of a kart.

By the way, when I first saw MK7, I thought the different PARTS thing would be more integral to the gameplay than what it turned out to be. Thought maybe you'd have to choose between maybe gliders and propellers depending on the course, because they might have different routes you could take depending on what kind of terrain your custom kart could handle. You'd have to wager on which course in a cup you thought you could do really well on, because maybe other courses in that cup would have shortcuts that you couldn't take due to what parts you've chosen.

I suppose eventually the community would determine what the best routes for each course would be, so they would all choose the same parts for each course (though with limited ability to change your kart during online play, maybe you could get around that? Not sure), but I think then you'd have those few players who DIDN'T choose the "best" routes more or less ALONE on the routes they take. They wouldn't have to deal with other players, so maybe they'd do better than had they taken the "best" route? ALL KIND OF HYPOTHETICAL AND IDEALISTIC, but I wonder if that would balance it out.

Does that make sense who cares back to PERIODIC TABLE OF VIDEOS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just hope they make Diddy more regular. After him, Dixie and Funky would be cool.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I honestly wouldn't be surprised in more Donkey Kong and Wario characters get in now.
After we get basic characters like Wart, Kamek, and a few Paper Mario characters, I agree that should happen. K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, Funky Kong, and especially Cranky Kong would all be amazing in Mario Kart. This is especially so if Cranky Kong throws out insults like crazy.

"Back in my heyday, we used to go so fast we'd freeze the game!!! Now Bowser can't even go half as fast as a BABY!!!"
Just hope they make Diddy more regular. After him, Dixie and Funky would be cool.
Diddy Kong, like Donkey Kong, should be in every Mario Kart and Mario sports and party game from now on IMO.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think we'll get characters from any RPG any time those as RPGs most of the time their assets don't show up in other Mario games (main series or spin-off).

Wario characters (WarioWare or Wario Land series) on the other hand is surprising they haven't appeared in any Mario Kart. Diamond City was a track in Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 but that's it (but then again no WarioWare characters appear on that track).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
After we get basic characters like Wart, Kamek, and a few Paper Mario characters, I agree that should happen. K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, Funky Kong, and especially Cranky Kong would all be amazing in Mario Kart. This is especially so if Cranky Kong throws out insults like crazy.

"Back in my heyday, we used to go so fast we'd freeze the game!!! Now Bowser can't even go half as fast as a BABY!!!"

Diddy Kong, like Donkey Kong, should be in every Mario Kart and Mario sports and party game from now on IMO.
Seeing as Funky Kong got into MK Wii. I can easily see Mona and Ashley getting in before the needed characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mona could easily work. Seeing as she drives her scooter already.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ROCK-O-MAN!!!!!
WARNING!!! WARNING!!! BODY NOT READY!!! BOODDDYYYYYYY NOOOOTTT REEEAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY!!!!
Seeing as Funky Kong got into MK Wii. I can easily see Mona and Ashley getting in before the needed characters.
Yeah, but I wanna play as Goombella and the Little Gonzalez Yoshi baby guy... :crying:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Call it a long shot, but you know who I'd love to play as in a Mario Kart game? A Whittle.

What's not to love about a little tribal wooden guy?

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Guys, hold the phone for a second. Look at this...
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/30th/

Does that date (just under 7 days from now) seem a little familiar=???
Could you imagine if during the Nintendo Direct, one of the announcements they make is that the only reason Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled was so they could release it for Wii U instead of 3DS? This of course won't happen, but it is fun to dream. Hope we get Megaman in some form this year.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Call it a long shot, but you know who I'd love to play as in a Mario Kart game? A Whittle.

What's not to love about a little tribal wooden guy?
Wouldn't be surprised if they chose him. Seeing as Nintendo chose a Luma over Rosalina for Mario Tennis 3DS.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
KAMEK FOR MARIO KART U
(he was gonna be in MK64...)

I have been waiting ages for Shy guy to be playable in Mario Kart (properly...) and they finally did it! And it was glorious omg Kamek would be beyond Awsome but first he has to make it into Sm4sh :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Capcom is going to do a thing at E3 I'm sure, just remember to not think too deeply into it.
Nintendo vs. Capcom pls k thnx.
Nintendo vs. Capcom as an project unrelated to smash bros would be great.

Also, what if the numbers add up=??? :eek:
Could you imagine if during the Nintendo Direct, one of the announcements they make is that the only reason Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled was so they could release it for Wii U instead of 3DS? This of course won't happen, but it is fun to dream. Hope we get Megaman in some form this year.
That would be cool, as well as if we got say Mega Man 11, X 9, Zero 4, or a new totally new Mega Man game.

That or Mega Man playable in Smash Bros!!!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
EDIT: How did my edit turn into a double post? WTF?!

I'm going to have you reported for this!!!

At that point lets not forget:

Gearmo
Cosmic Mario/Luigi
Star Bunny
The Chimp

and probably many others. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sweet salty Christ NO! If this is real...those sick, despicable ********. ********! I hate them! But they know I can't refuse to buy their ****ty, overpriced VCR of a trainwreck if they chain my Banjo to it and put it on the tracks.

Mother****ers. I'll make them pay if this is real!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Banjoboy, just ignore Rare and the Xbox None's existence right now...

...AND GET ON BOARD THE MEGA MAN HYPE TRAIN!!! :shades:

If you get on the train now, you can be on THE PARTY TRAIN CART AND PARTY WITH THE CHAMP DESPITE THE PEOPLE, JOHNKNIGHT ONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom