• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
She had a Dair obviously, the question was if she had a Uair or Utilt though. Monk thought Uair, but is was proven to be a Utilt by Sakurai himself. :L
Well then! I would still maintain that it's her F-air, she only has the hitbox going in front of her in an arc, it's not a flip kick.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I guess we agree.
Tails > Amy > Sonic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bluckles.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well Sonic looks useless now, now that everyone runs fast.
Also this is the best thing to come out of IGN comments section

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Basically this.
I don't see why they needed to overhaul the characters, just put the characters you already have in a new environment.
Bam, everybody wins.
Eh, I'd say Amy needed a redesign. She's been ten years old and been chasing Sonic for forever. It's nice to see her look more serious.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Apparently this is not a reboot after all...

"Sega of America president and COO John Chen stressed that “Sonic Boom will not be replacing the original franchise.”"

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Apparently this is not a reboot after all...

"Sega of America president and COO John Chen stressed that “Sonic Boom will not be replacing the original franchise.”"
As I've said elsewhere, this actually disappoints me. I want this to replace the original franchise and be the new era. It looks leaps and bounds more interesting than anything we've had lately. XD

But I'm still happy for Sonic Boom and very much looking forward to it. If it keeps getting more and more games, I'll definitely probably just stick to it and ignore Modern Sonic altogether. ¦D

Also, I love all 4 of the redesigns. Especially Tails and Amy.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As I've said elsewhere, this actually disappoints me. I want this to replace the original franchise and be the new era. It looks leaps and bounds more interesting than anything we've had lately. XD

But I'm still happy for Sonic Boom and very much looking forward to it. If it keeps getting more and more games, I'll definitely probably just stick to it and ignore Modern Sonic altogether. ¦D

Eh, new Sonic needs to "step it up".

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Fat Sonic yo.

Can't beat the classics.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The cartoon looks better than I thought it would.

I'm thoroughly impressed.

Still, not sure if I'd watch it though.

And it's not replacing the original franchise? Okay.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Not going to lie, Xbone KI Fulgore looks great. Now i hope he doesn't suck. (I trust Maximillion to give me info on this since i'm never buying an Xbone) stillsadthatFulgorewillneverbeinSmash

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
On one hand. The game focuses solely on the classic era main 4 heroes. That's a plus for me as they're my personal favorites and they represent a time before the series went over the top with changes and some ultimately unnecessary animals/new characters.

On the other hand. Holy hell. Amy and Tails look pretty out of character but have pretty nice designs. Sonic's fine I guess. I just don't like his longer legs. They make him look like Wasonic or something.

And I'm not even gonna touch Roid! Knuckles.

The gameplay looks hella fun though.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I want a game based on Nipples The Enchilada. This is the best Sonic character.

EDIT: Image removed for having two censordodges.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Not going to lie, Xbone KI Fulgore looks great. Now i hope he doesn't suck. (I trust Maximillion to give me info on this since i'm never buying an Xbone) stillsadthatFulgorewillneverbeinSmash

Look, another person who follows Max. I don't own an Xbone but a friend of mine does and we play KI together sometimes.
When I saw this trailer, I felt like Fulgore was a terminator. That's a good thing.

Thoughts on Sonic's second series?
Amy is now like Rouge with the faces.
Tails seems more accurate.
Knux needs a neck.
Robotnik still looks like Teddy Roosevelt. Good.
Sonic is Nathan Drake.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Sonic Boom looks terrible... but I guess that isn't anything new in the Sonic franchise. They started to get it right with Generations and Colors, but with Lost World and probably this game too will be garbage.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic Boom looks terrible... but I guess that isn't anything new in the Sonic franchise. They started to get it right with Generations and Colors, but with Lost World and probably this game too will be garbage.
Oh quit crying. Lost World may have been bad, but this looks absolutely fantastic in my book.

It's basically Sonic Adventure meets Sonic Heroes meets Sonic Unleashed with a hint of Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter in there.

That equation may mean disaster to some, but to me, it equivalates to everything I've been hoping for a new 3D game and have wanted Sonic to be. I'm all kinds of excited. <3

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
...so does anyone think we'll get a Sonic Boom costume in Smash 4?(just the outfit, not a new model)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I may get the new Sonic game, as it seems to look like it'll be pretty good, although I do wish Sonic was a little bit shorter and that Knuckles was a whole lot shorter.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So wait.....the Sonic Boom designs aren't going to replace the old ones? That's good, really good. That means we can have still have Regular Knuckles. He was always my favorite character from Sonic. Even though I'm not as into it when I was younger. Isn't there supposed to be a Sonic 4 part 3? I figured they'd have Knuckles be playable in that one too.

Fulgore looks f#@king awesome. Holy crap, he's coolest looking character in KI3. Though Saberwulf and Spinal are up there. If Rare's IPs were still with Nintendo, he could be f#@king beastly in Smash. But it's just a pipe dream.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Fulgore looks f#@king awesome. Holy crap, he's coolest looking character in KI3. Though Saberwulf and Spinal are up there. If Rare's IPs were still with Nintendo, he could be f#@king beastly in Smash. But it's just a pipe dream.
Fulgore would've been my main if he was in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom