• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Alright man, here's what Toad could offer.

CAPPS'S TOAD MOVESET

TOAD

When creating this moveset, I tried to provide as many reference to Toad's past as possible while creating a unique new style of character.

Toad is known for his great strength and speed despite his small size. This immediately reminded me of Pichu in Melee. (I'll be using some of it's moves even and showing it's hitboxes for examples to give an idea what movees will look like) I took the idea of this extremely fast and light character and realized he wouldn't have have fantastic range. To make up for this I allowed his moveset to be a cool combination of trap setting inspired somewhat by Sackboy from PSASBR to get the opponent to fall into your traps and get killed and speeding around trying to keep from being killed at such a light weight.

Weight: 55 (Pichu level)
Fall Speed: 107% (Pichu Level)
Size: Pichu Size
Jump: Force 2.00 (A little under Olimar, Toad is known as the one lacking jump height)
Air Speed: 150 (slighly higher then Yoshi in Brawl, Toad is know for that speed and mobility)
Range: Pichu Level
Shield: Olimar Sized

Wall Jump: Yes
Note: A player may choose to jump or just simply walk up then jump whenever. This references Wario Woods as well as the implied wall jumping Toad does in Super Mario Galaxy 2 scaling a large canyon.

Jump Notes: Toad's double jump will be a Flutter Jump inspired from Toad Jump, a mini game from Super Princess Peach. The second jump will have Toad flail in the air to try and keep up in the air. However unlike Yoshi's, you must mash the jump button to keep him in the air longer, this can allow him to somewhat float like Peach as well if short hopped into and pressed mashed rapidly. The mashing is supposed to resemble having to blow air into the microphone to make him jump in the mini game.

ATTACKS!!!
Neutral A:
Headbutt

Toad jabs his head forward. The move could link into itself if the opponent DIs badly and the player times it right. 1-2% damage per jab.

Hitbox Example
Rapid Attack Example
-
Forward Tilt:
Toad Kick

Aimable, Toad shoves his feet forward. Low range and knockback but fast. 8% damage.

Up Tilt:
Mow Down

Toad waves his head up in an arch. Similar hitbox and speed to Jigglypuff's up air. 10% damage

Hitbox Example

-
Down Tilt:
Toad's Roundhouse

Toad does a quick roundhouse kick foot extended. Like Jigglypuff's downward aimed F tilt but less range. 6% damage. (Also, the name is a tiny nod to the various houses Toad sells items in in games.)

Hitbox Example
-

Dash Attack:
Running Headbutt

A basic dash attack, Toad sticks his head out and trips mid-dash. 8% damage.

Hitbox Example

-
Forward Smash:
Spore Shot

Shoots spores in front of him. Can reflect some projectiles similar to Ness's forward smash (to reflect it's reflecting properties shown in Mario Sports Mix) 12% charged, 16% uncharged

Hitbox Example

-
Up Smash
Mushroom Rise!

Similar to what he does in Mario Sport Mix, Toad will summon mushrooms raising his hands and sending the enemy upwards. 16% unchanged, 20% charged. Note: subtract 2% and some upward force if Toad's hands hit the player instead of the mushrooms.

Hitbox Example (Imagine a small hutbox above his head area too)
-
Down Smash
The Spin

Toad quickly spins in place. It has more range than it appears and has invincibility frames, as well as powerful. 13% uncharged, 17% fully charged.

Hitbox Example
-
Ledge Attack
Gets back on the stage with a headbutt. 8% damage

100% Ledge Attack: Flops back on stage, some spores shooting out. These spores have the projectile reflecting properties. 4% damage

Floor Attack:
Poofs our a few spores and pops up. No projectile reflecting properties 2% damage

-
NAir
On A Roll!

Toad spins around, this attack has a generous hitbox. 12% damage.

Hitbox Example
-
Fair

Toad pushes forwards drilling his head into his target with spores coming out. Abouut 7% damage if all the hitboxes hit. No projectile reflecting properties.

Hitbox Example
-
Bair
Glider

Spins in an unusual way hitting the opponent. 12% damage but high ending and landing lag.

Hitbox Example
-

Uair
Flip Kick

Does a simple flip kick with lowish knockback similar to Luigi. 6% damage

Hitbox Example (but with feet instead of the tail, slightly lowered range)
-
Dair
Spin Jump

Similar to Mario's Mario Tornado, Toad does his own signature spin jump you can see from Mario Sports Mix. 14% if all attacks hit.

Hitbox Example 1 Hitbox Example 2 Hitbox Example 3 (Obviously smaller hitboxes with much less range)
-
Pummel: Hit opponent with his head over and over. 2-3% damage per pummel.

Forward Throw
Carry Throw

Picks up his opponent and can run him along and throw him. Similar to DK but he is able to move quite a bit faster. 6% damage, 9% throw.

Up Throw
Pop Em Up

Tosses The opponent up and headbutts them. 10% damage

Down Throw
Eat Spore!

Launches the foe into the ground and shoots out spores. 10% damage

Back Throw

Toad does many rolls backwards and tosses the target. 9% damage.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special:
Wanda
Game: Wario Woods
Effect: Wanda appears above Toad and drops a bomb he can catch or let drop and explode. This move is like Pikachu's Thunder in a way with the bomb coming down from the sky. The bombs would drop somewhat slowly, and the move would have cooldown so no more then 2 bombs could be falling at once.

If the proper colored bomb lands on a monster in the correct way it will cause a much larger and powerful explosion. If a wrong colored bomb lands on a monster, it falls unaffected to be left on the monster.

Bombs will not explode unless attacked, dropped correctly on a monster, or if it lands on a character while it is dropping.

Just bomb: 5-16%
Bomb WITH monster: 20%

Wanda
-

Up Special:
Power Squat Jump
Game: Super Mario Bros. 2
Effect: Squats down and begins flashing, charging the jump. When released Toad flies up able to VERY slightly alter his directory left or right. If his head or hands contact a player they will be hit hard into the air.

10% damage

Example

-
Down Special:
Head Lamp
Game From: Super Mario Galaxy
Effect: A quick flash of light leaves the enemy stunned! Similar to Mewtwo's Disable, this would lack the projectile properties of the former however and also have slightly improved range.

Example

-
Forward Special:
Monster Place

Effect: Places a Fuzz, Spud, Squeak, Beaker, Scram, Dovo, or Spook directly in front of him. A hybrid of Peach's turnips and D3's Waddle Dee Toss, Toad will place one of these monsters in front of him with the rarity of the monsters from the game effecting the choice. These monsters will not move unless picked up. Only three may be on the field at once. These will absorb some damage, the rarer ones absorbing more before poofing away or exploding from his Neutral B. These will create interesting walls he can try to use to get enemies into his traps.

Fuzz, Spud, Squeak, Beaker, Scram, Dovo, and Spook

TAUNTS
Taunt: Out Of Bounds Flag
Game From: Mario Golf
Effect: Waves his flag as he does in the Mario Golf games

Picture

Taunt: SERVE!
Game: Virtual Boy Mario Tennis
Effect: Uses his tennis racket to bounce a tennis ball off of the screen
(Toad's first game where he was playable in the series was Mario's Tennis on the Virtual Boy. This is a cool way to refrence "3D" and his first sports playing role)

Taunt: DANCE!
Game: DDR Mario Mix

Effect: Dances just like the first level of DDR Mario Mix

Taunt: HIGH FIVE!
Game: A Bunch
Effect: Toadette jumps out behind him and gives him a quick high five then jumps back

Picture

THOUGHTS

I think I have shown that Toad can be a very unique character with a cool new playstyle. I'd love some suggestions however, so let me know what you think!

May you and your family's existence be blessed.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway I'm OK with Toon Link being in if the cuts won't be terrible. The only one I would accept are Snake (not because I don't think he has to stay in, but because I know it can be complicated to bring him back), Lucas, Wolf, Ike and Lucario. All the other characters are too unique and important to their franchises to just go away. I would also be OK to have different versions of certain characters: Pig Ganon or Toon Ganondorf instead of Classic Ganondorf, a tag team with Diddy and Dixie instead of Diddy alone.
That said, I would be cool if everybody was brought back, even the Five Lost Melees. But only if we still have at least 15/16 newcomers.

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
I have no problem with the addition of Toon Link. I can justify his appearance because he is a radically different iteration of the "main" Link, as apposed to Young Link who is just...a younger Link. However, of course, I would appreciate his return a lot more if he wasn't just a Link "clone", as people say, with a few tweaked moves.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, 4chan is going to be at AWA and I am too. I'm slightly more worried about some of the cosplayers there now >____>

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
> It's final smash will be either Mega Evolution.
Why can't you people ever, ever be original?

The guy who put three landmasters, two PK starstorms, and two triforce slashes in the series is so much more original about ideas
-DEAD-

Alright man, here's what Toad could offer.

CAPPS'S TOAD MOVESET

TOAD

When creating this moveset, I tried to provide as many reference to Toad's past as possible while creating a unique new style of character.

Toad is known for his great strength and speed despite his small size. This immediately reminded me of Pichu in Melee. (I'll be using some of it's moves even and showing it's hitboxes for examples to give an idea what movees will look like) I took the idea of this extremely fast and light character and realized he wouldn't have have fantastic range. To make up for this I allowed his moveset to be a cool combination of trap setting inspired somewhat by Sackboy from PSASBR to get the opponent to fall into your traps and get killed and speeding around trying to keep from being killed at such a light weight.

Weight: 55 (Pichu level)
Fall Speed: 107% (Pichu Level)
Size: Pichu Size
Jump: Force 2.00 (A little under Olimar, Toad is known as the one lacking jump height)
Air Speed: 150 (slighly higher then Yoshi in Brawl, Toad is know for that speed and mobility)
Range: Pichu Level
Shield: Olimar Sized

Wall Jump: Yes
Note: A player may choose to jump or just simply walk up then jump whenever. This references Wario Woods as well as the implied wall jumping Toad does in Super Mario Galaxy 2 scaling a large canyon.

Jump Notes: Toad's double jump will be a Flutter Jump inspired from Toad Jump, a mini game from Super Princess Peach. The second jump will have Toad flail in the air to try and keep up in the air. However unlike Yoshi's, you must mash the jump button to keep him in the air longer, this can allow him to somewhat float like Peach as well if short hopped into and pressed mashed rapidly. The mashing is supposed to resemble having to blow air into the microphone to make him jump in the mini game.

ATTACKS!!!
Neutral A:
Headbutt

Toad jabs his head forward. The move could link into itself if the opponent DIs badly and the player times it right. 1-2% damage per jab.

Hitbox Example
Rapid Attack Example
-
Forward Tilt:
Toad Kick

Aimable, Toad shoves his feet forward. Low range and knockback but fast. 8% damage.

Up Tilt:
Mow Down

Toad waves his head up in an arch. Similar hitbox and speed to Jigglypuff's up air. 10% damage

Hitbox Example

-
Down Tilt:
Toad's Roundhouse

Toad does a quick roundhouse kick foot extended. Like Jigglypuff's downward aimed F tilt but less range. 6% damage. (Also, the name is a tiny nod to the various houses Toad sells items in in games.)

Hitbox Example
-

Dash Attack:
Running Headbutt

A basic dash attack, Toad sticks his head out and trips mid-dash. 8% damage.

Hitbox Example

-
Forward Smash:
Spore Shot

Shoots spores in front of him. Can reflect some projectiles similar to Ness's forward smash (to reflect it's reflecting properties shown in Mario Sports Mix) 12% charged, 16% uncharged

Hitbox Example

-
Up Smash
Mushroom Rise!

Similar to what he does in Mario Sport Mix, Toad will summon mushrooms raising his hands and sending the enemy upwards. 16% unchanged, 20% charged. Note: subtract 2% and some upward force if Toad's hands hit the player instead of the mushrooms.

Hitbox Example (Imagine a small hutbox above his head area too)
-
Down Smash
The Spin

Toad quickly spins in place. It has more range than it appears and has invincibility frames, as well as powerful. 13% uncharged, 17% fully charged.

Hitbox Example
-
Ledge Attack
Gets back on the stage with a headbutt. 8% damage

100% Ledge Attack: Flops back on stage, some spores shooting out. These spores have the projectile reflecting properties. 4% damage

Floor Attack:
Poofs our a few spores and pops up. No projectile reflecting properties 2% damage

-
NAir
On A Roll!

Toad spins around, this attack has a generous hitbox. 12% damage.

Hitbox Example
-
Fair

Toad pushes forwards drilling his head into his target with spores coming out. Abouut 7% damage if all the hitboxes hit. No projectile reflecting properties.

Hitbox Example
-
Bair
Glider

Spins in an unusual way hitting the opponent. 12% damage but high ending and landing lag.

Hitbox Example
-

Uair
Flip Kick

Does a simple flip kick with lowish knockback similar to Luigi. 6% damage

Hitbox Example (but with feet instead of the tail, slightly lowered range)
-
Dair
Spin Jump

Similar to Mario's Mario Tornado, Toad does his own signature spin jump you can see from Mario Sports Mix. 14% if all attacks hit.

Hitbox Example 1 Hitbox Example 2 Hitbox Example 3 (Obviously smaller hitboxes with much less range)
-
Pummel: Hit opponent with his head over and over. 2-3% damage per pummel.

Forward Throw
Carry Throw

Picks up his opponent and can run him along and throw him. Similar to DK but he is able to move quite a bit faster. 6% damage, 9% throw.

Up Throw
Pop Em Up

Tosses The opponent up and headbutts them. 10% damage

Down Throw
Eat Spore!

Launches the foe into the ground and shoots out spores. 10% damage

Back Throw

Toad does many rolls backwards and tosses the target. 9% damage.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special:
Wanda
Effect: Wanda appears above Toad and drops a bomb he can catch or let drop and explode. This move is like Pikachu's Thunder in a way with the bomb coming down from the sky. The bombs would drop somewhat slowly, and the move would have cooldown so no more then 2 bombs could be falling at once.

If the proper colored bomb lands on a monster in the correct way it will cause a much larger and powerful explosion. If a wrong colored bomb lands on a monster, it falls unaffected to be left on the monster.

Bombs will not explode unless attacked, dropped correctly on a monster, or if it lands on a character while it is dropping.

Just bomb: 5-16%
Bomb WITH monster: 20%

Wanda
-

Up Special:
Power Squat Jump
Game: Super Mario Bros. 2
Effect: Squats down and begins flashing, charging the jump. When released Toad flies up able to VERY slightly alter his directory left or right. If his head or hands contact a player they will be hit hard into the air.

10% damage

Example

-
Down Special:
Head Lamp
Game From: Super Mario Galaxy
Effect: A quick flash of light leaves the enemy stunned! Similar to Mewtwo's Disable, this would lack the projectile properties of the former however and also have slightly improved range.

Example

-
Forward Special:
Monster Place

Effect: Places a Fuzz, Spud, Squeak, Beaker, Scram, Dovo, or Spook directly in front of him. A hybrid of Peach's turnips and D3's Waddle Dee Toss, Toad will place one of these monsters in front of him with the rarity of the monsters from the game effecting the choice. These monsters will not move unless picked up. Only three may be on the field at once. These will absorb some damage, the rarer ones absorbing more before poofing away or exploding from his Neutral B. These will create interesting walls he can try to use to get enemies into his traps.

Fuzz, Spud, Squeak, Beaker, Scram, Dovo, and Spook

TAUNTS
Taunt: Out Of Bounds Flag
Game From: Mario Golf
Effect: Waves his flag as he does in the Mario Golf games

Picture

Taunt: SERVE!
Game: Virtual Boy Mario Tennis
Effect: Uses his tennis racket to bounce a tennis ball off of the screen
(Toad's first game where he was playable in the series was Mario's Tennis on the Virtual Boy. This is a cool way to refrence "3D" and his first sports playing role)

Taunt: DANCE!
Game: DDR Mario Mix

Effect: Dances just like the first level of DDR Mario Mix

Taunt: HIGH FIVE!
Game: A Bunch
Effect: Toadette jumps out behind him and gives him a quick high five then jumps back

Picture

THOUGHTS

I think I have shown that Toad can be a very unique character with a cool new playstyle. I'd love some suggestions however, so let me know what you think!
Well, it's good. Although, I felt some moves you used that don't define Toad that well. Headlamp was actually a cool idea actually (To be honest). Wanda? Meeeh. But really, it's mostly good.

Wait... Are we really talking about moveset potential and uniqueness? Well then again, I can't say anything because that's more of personal view (And Sakurai has his own). IMO, Toad's cool but that's coming from a supporter. Biased alert :p

And I hate all of you. So much.
Really? Really? Rly? Riley? Ridley?

Oh Toad's not getting in. Because I said that, he's gonna get in and shock all your asses. I remember my bro bet on Phoenix Wright having 3 stances and he has a temporary ultimate stance. No, he did not work for Capcom. He's a lawyer, not some game programmer/developer. I thought that was WAY too over the top so I debunked it. Turns out he was right. What the... Everything I go against almost usually happens so yeeeeah. Toad ain't getting in. Derp

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well, it's good. Although, I felt some moves you used that don't define Toad that well. Headlamp was actually a cool idea actually (To be honest). Wanda? Meeeh. But really, it's mostly good.
Wanda was to really bring out Wario Woods, it's Toad's only real staring role. I'm open to a better suggestion. I just like setting and laying traps mixed with Pichu almost.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Capps, dat Toad moveset man!! :love:

Genesect though? How is that even possible? With Lucario to?? That's one big ass Pokémon roster, and with 2 veterans revealed in a month... Maybe the roster could actually be big this time? /Hopeless Thoughts

Semi-clones will rise and dominate people. Said it first.

Wanda was to really bring out Wario Woods, it's Toad's only real staring role. I'm open to a better suggestion. I just like setting and laying traps mixed with Pichu almost.
Well, I'm sending you an invite to check out a new discussion in the group. Yeah, the Brigade group became a group for filler posts if you plan on making drafts

And I'm inviting Diddy

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, wanna know my current Dream Match in this new Smash? Link vs Toon Link vs Peach vs Toad. On the Spirit Tracks stage. :laugh: That'd be a sight to see. Link vs Link vs Toad vs Peach, who carries a Toad with her, on Link's train.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I HOPE the designs of the final forms of the starter Pokemon look like this:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While there is always the possibility of not happening, I fully expect Mewtwo or Lucario to be revealed in two weeks.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If the likes of Grotle and Combusken have taught me, the more stupid looking the middle evolution is the more badass the final evolution is.
Those weren't bad though when it came to middle evolutions. Quallidin actually manages to be more awkward than Wartortle, a turtle that has freakin' wings for ears, and Pignite, childhood obesity incarnate... How is that possible?!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't understand, I receive alerts telling me I've been quoted in this topic (first by Xenoblaze and then by Fatmanonice) but they didn't. What is happening LOL?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Late i know: I'm sure they'll change TL's specials a bit (like side b deku leaf) and maybe a down b skull hammer. The game isn't finished yet, it'll take about a year so I don't know why people are complaining about him being cloney, i trust sakurai to keep his no clone statement.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I HOPE the designs of the final forms of the starter Pokemon look like this:

Grassanitar looks cool. Might actually be interessted in that one if it's strong. Seriousfrog looks my type of thing to, a faster sort of Politoed maybe. That design really wild. Fennekin's last form isn't half as bad as it's second, and looks logical. Can't really say I'd prefer any, will probably pick one that fits in the team. So far, I wanna use Pyroar. So I'll have to give up on Fire. If I pick Froakie, that rules out Blastoise, cause I'm not gonna pick Water twice. And Venusaur..? Might be an actual option if my PurpleHaze in my Nuzlocke will survive. But still my least favorite. So in the end, I could maybe end up picking Chespin, if that's his final evolution.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Late i know: I'm sure they'll change TL's specials a bit (like side b deku leaf) and maybe a down b skull hammer. The game isn't finished yet, it'll take about a year so I don't know why people are complaining about him being cloney, i trust sakurai to keep his no clone statement.

I hope so, we lost Roy, Pichu, and Young Link because he didn't want clones. Then he brought back a clone. @_@

I do still have hope, Tlink is a fun character to play, but I just want something fresh.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He never said there wouldn't be clones.

I don't understand why people are saying Lucario will be revealed for X and Y.

If anyone it's gonna be Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer. They make much more sense as promotional pokemon.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

If anyone it's gonna be Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer. They make much more sense as promotional pokemon.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bros/
I thought he was looking for unique characters that stand out and ya know bring something new to the table, which is why im sure TL could get new specials.

Also, It'll probably be jigglypuff. :awesome:

200th post I am now lvl 2!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Or Jigglypuff. *crickets chirping*
Jigglypuff doesn't seem to make as much sense as a promotional pokemon for X and Y then Pokemon Trainer and especially Mewtwo.

I guess all four poke veterans have a shot. They all were in the spotlight once during X and Y promotion. But I'm betting or Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Jigglypuff doesn't seem to make as much sense as a promotional pokemon for X and Y then Pokemon Trainer and especially Mewtwo.

I guess all four poke veterans have a shot. They all were in the spotlight once during X and Y promotion. But I'm betting or Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer.
I know, I was trying to be funny. I like Jiggs as a playable character but having her as the character reveal to commemorate the launch of X and Y would be an enormous buzzkill, in my opinion.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I agree, Mewtwo seems to be the promo pokemon foy XY. He's the only one that we know of (so far) with 2 mega forms. Mewtwo is definitely getting the star treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom