• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
When you guys get smash, what will be the first thing you will do? I really want to try out the customization for the 3DS. That thing depends on whether I will get the Wii U version, or spend the money on another game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When you guys get smash, what will be the first thing you will do? I really want to try out the customization for the 3DS. That thing depends on whether I will get the Wii U version, or spend the money on another game.
Training Mode. Out of the current roster, trying out Miss Fit, Megaman, Villager, Fox, Samus, and Donkey Kong.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I would probably do versus mode and try out either Pikachu or Villager.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
After customization, I am gonna try to unlock everything (trophies, songs, character, and whatever else). Then, I will play online.
Training Mode. Out of the current roster, trying out Miss Fit, Megaman, Villager, Fox, Samus, and Donkey Kong.
You forgot Pit.
first thing? Classic Mode
Oh yeah, I really want to see what it's like. Also see if the hands have new moves.
I would probably do versus mode and try out either Pikachu or Villager.
Villager seems like a cool character. Really looking forward to him.
Trying out the new Bowser. :bowser2:
OMG, his new dash looks amazing! I want to see if his fire breath lasts longer to (so fun to spam that).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
When I first get Smash 4, I'd like to jump right into an online match. I don't even want to fiddle around with anything or try out anyone before hand. I'll pick a character that first catches my eye (or perhaps Random), and, well, begin a match with that character. Yeah, I'll most likely suck because I won't be familiar with the physics, mechanics, new controls, etc. But I want to see how fast I adapt to Smash 4 in a pressured environment by just diving straight into the game like that.
But, I'll also probably see if I could do various advance techniques from Melee and Brawl.

I really hope that wingdashing returns. That's like one of the main reasons why I love to play Pit. ;_;

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Play Diddy against a lot of characters in Training Mode, then do Classic with Diddy. I'll also try out a few CPU matches on the new stages I think.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl wasn't all that bad. I expected the removal of advanced techniques from the beginning. Just the camping man... Sure, mechanics are to blame, but the stalling and camping is what really ruined Brawl. Also, inbalance in the roster. And the return of chaingrabs. Lack of good stages is also a big minus.

If it wasn't for the SSE, Brawl would've been an awesome game. Definitely topping Melee for most. But as it is...

It's just a good game, with it's (deep) flaws. Am hoping this game will be better in gameplay and balance. Which is basically everything.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Oh yeah. I REALLY want to try out the story mode. I have a feeling it will be like Melee.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Definitely going to do a Free-for-all with all DKs just to see his fur in all the various colors

I usually hop right into Classic mode with Yoshi, DK and Pikachu to get a feel for the game (at least thats what i did in Melee and Brawl) then I'm going to try to get some online matches to see the improvements.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A. If Ridley is a playable character: Play as Ridley against my brother. Forever.

B. If Ridley is a playable character but is unlockable: Unlock Ridley. Then proceed with plan A.

C. If Ridley isn't a playable character: Try out Meta Knight against my brother. That's one match I'll be happy to lose.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The character I am most excited about is Sonic. If he has a good moveset, I might even main him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We'll see.
I honestly hope I'm wrong.

It's not going to be as bad as Brawl I'm telling you now.
That's what it's looking like. The faster speed in running and gravity is a big plus. Let's just hope that the ability to air dodge out of hitstun never returns.

Brawl wasn't all that bad. I expected the removal of advanced techniques from the beginning. Just the camping man... Sure, mechanics are to blame, but the stalling and camping is what really ruined Brawl. Also, inbalance in the roster. And the return of chaingrabs. Lack of good stages is also a big minus.
Thing is, the mechanics are still what hurt Brawl because it was because of the mechanics that stalling and camping became so dominant.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I like how Ganondorf sinks like a rock, but his Up B makes him look so floaty

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even Sakurai stated himself how Brawl online was terrible cause nobody would approach. So there's hoping he fixes that. The inbetween speeds of Melee and Brawl will also surely do good for this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Even Sakurai stated himself how Brawl online was terrible cause nobody would approach. So there's hoping he fixes that. The inbetween speeds of Melee and Brawl will also surely do good for this.
Actually, I think he was talking about taunt parties, not the camping issue. Like I said, it had to do with the mechanics of the game more than anything else.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Actually, I think he was talking about taunt parties, not the camping issue. Like I said, it had to do with the mechanics of the game more than anything else.
Ugh, taunt parties. The place where I can have three Peaches team up on me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Omg dudette, not cool :mad: , the game isn't even out yet and you already bring up big spoilers...
Do you work at nintendo or something? :troll:
Nah, I just tend to rock people like a hurricane(spin). :troll:

@BaPr: You're getting 3 girls at once. What's the issue? :awesome:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Nah, I just tend to rock people like a hurricane(spin). :troll:

@BaPr: You're getting 3 girls at once. What's the issue? :awesome:
I was Pit. I'm already trying to get Palutena.
I'll be locking myself away and testing every stage for mechanics extensively...

Secretly, this will be fun to me.
When you go outside, tell me how much the sun blinded you please:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom