• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 2 - Results and Shoutouts

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts!!!!!

SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!

OmegaBlackMage- Great job ****** every area of the tourney, leave some money for the rest of us next time.

Buuman- Fun times at my house, The Lion King is definitely the best Disney movie ever made.

Fatal- Great job man, Congrats on first in singles and doubles. I need to friendly you next time

OmegaBlackMan (Ace)-Great job with the tournament, I had lots of fun. Although I didn't get to play you.

Riot-We need to team more often. Double Zelda *****, really hard. (Do you know who's Wii that was saved on?) I saw you had a really close match with Buuman, good stuff.

Meek- We had a few good friendlies. You have a good Game and Watch. I look forward to playing you more in the future.

Chii-You're extremely chill, and really fun to play with. I also look forward to playing with you in the future.

DLYK-You're the man.

Green Ace- I need to play your Yoshi. From what I can tell it's amazing, but how does it do against Zelda?

SB Soilder-You were a great person to warm up with, I think it's cool that you play so many characters. Don't give up, keep at it.

Quote- Your Toon Link is Animated ****. There's just no other way to describe it.

Nuro-I didn't get to play you, but good job on getting 4th. I hear you have one of the best Snakes around.

JL- Your Falco is just too good.....I'm glad I didn't have to play you in a tournament match.

Solid Jake- I need to play your Kirby and Snake.

Earth+ Bound
- You guys make a good Low Tier team. You were a lot of fun to play.

Blak-Blak (My controller)- You were a great weapon. You served me well, and you shall always be remembered. R.I.P. :'(

Hot co-host- You're hot! Keep it up!

Sorry I was late with the shoutouts, but I've been really busy.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Better late than never-

Shoutouts:

OmegaBlackmage - It was fun playing against you, your g&w completely *****.

Kevin/Bizkit - Had some fun random friendlies, but then you just owned my TL. Nice snake man.

Etherlight - We had close matches last couple tournaments, didn't get a chance to play you this time though.

Green Ace - Excellent yoshi. I had you for one game, but that's all it took for you to figure out how to beat me.

OMG It's Roy - Thought I had you in the first one, but you made a nice comeback. Your edgegame with pit is nearly flawless.

Ace - Great tournament, it was lots of fun. And good call on not letting Humpy Thrash About retire his name.

Maverick - Doubles was awesome. We barely even killed each other

L-T - You had a pretty nice Zelda. It was a fun match to start off the tournament with.

Riot, Chii, & Meek - We had some pretty good friendlies before the doubles started

Ari (blckhrt)

Smash Rookie
Interjection:

Hello all. 'Hot' co-host here.
I'd like to take this time to say a few things:
I hope no one went home with bleeding ear drums.
Thank you for your patience and a few of you for your help.
I suppose some of you will be seeing me a bit more often.
Yes, my headphones are huge: yes, I can usually hear you anyways.
Seriousness aside,
good 5|-|i7 guys.

Ev (Ace) -
Hai.
I'd like to announce publicly that it was wonderful working for and with you.
Next time, however, I require a milkshake before hand.
Hopefully the next tourney will be soon,
as I enjoy the St. Patty's day ones (almost as much as the X-mas ones).

ps. If you break your shield again,
I'll fire a canister of tear gas into the center of your spinal chord.
/fact.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I've started uploading matches. There's a couple on my SD card I didn't notice. One is green DK vs some Wolf. I assume it's Ace vs. that same Wolf in the other two matches, except I don't know the order in which they happened, can you clear that up Ace, as well as tell me who the Wolf player was? Also, I have a Falco & Zelda Vs Diddy & Wolf teams match on PS1. I'll only upload it if someone tells me the tags of the users or if it was a tourny or friendly.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I've started uploading matches. There's a couple on my SD card I didn't notice. One is green DK vs some Wolf. I assume it's Ace vs. that same Wolf in the other two matches, except I don't know the order in which they happened, can you clear that up Ace, as well as tell me who the Wolf player was? Also, I have a Falco & Zelda Vs Diddy & Wolf teams match on PS1. I'll only upload it if someone tells me the tags of the users or if it was a tourny or friendly.
diddy and wolf....sounds like JJ and Turtle. but i could be wrong, and idk aboot the other 2 ppl

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
SON OF A *****!!! I've been rick rolled!...**** you ARI! xD
I even saw this and it didn't connect until it was too late.

I really want me and ace's doubles matches. And that random video I saved on the wii that was 4 or 5 wiis to the left of mine when facing from the door......................

xXRoYXx

Smash Cadet
Until it happens to you this bad, you will talk BS cause your character can plank, and of course you do it to win. So Of course you speak this nonsense.

Who in the world told you that? peach has nothing to stop palnking due to the invic frames on ledges. And if You even try to stop it, you will get attack and the planking goes on or Peach SDs. it's Impossilbe for Peach to stop Planking. I have been planked by a meta. Nothing I could do at all.
it doesnt matter, of course I would feel cheated by it. However, this is Brawl, you can not just start naming illegal actions because people found ways to abuse cheap strategies UNLESS its an actual game mechanic (MK's infinite cape)

If so next thing you know, certain chain grabs will start being illegal (IC unless its already banned)

THAT is why i find this "planking" silly

EDIT*: Please note that I am not trying to start personal fights with anyone, just defending my actions.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone post a vid of my TL vs OBM, L-T, or whoever that R.O.B. I faced was? And I think there's a doubles match of my TL and Maverick's Ike vs Riot and Ace somewhere too. I need to figure out what I'm doing right/wrong etc.

Thanks

Etherlight

Smash Apprentice
I hate to break the bad news to you Fatal, but those replays won't work on your Wii unless it's hacked to the same music mine is, or the replays will freeze the Wii. You'd need No Tripping too or the replay will dysnc.
I'm guessing .hack has music hacks too? I'd be willing to upload the videos he has on his Wii but I'll need to PM him about the tripping and the music hack thing.

If anyone cares I got a few matches of Fatal and me up. Rest will come sooner or later. *Is not sure if they're finished processing so...*

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
No, I never played a Zelda and only Falco in singles...
oh ok then lol

and ether; why would i get a bob-omb plush only to have it thrown at me????? :O

its more like i would throw it at everyone cause i pull way too many of them >:3

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
My buddy (Earth) might have one on his Woo, but I don't think he will be able to upload it. Those were some nice matches. We lost a lot, but we pulled a few wins in friendlies just from the surprize. Not too bad IMO for only one night to practice our doubles team with two low tiers.

Great matches with everybody I got the chance to play with. I did a little bit better than I did in SMB1. Maybe next time I'll be able to win a set. Till then I'll just stay being a scrub Marth with a hat full of pins.

Not to point any fingers but I may have the answer to Mercutio's missing data. *cough.hach*

Does he have WIFI?
If you could send me the video that would be amazing and I'd love you forever.....
Thanks!

Brawl Code-4468 6263 4927
Wii Number-7865 2205 1387 6747

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
Does he have WIFI?
If you could send me the video that would be amazing and I'd love you forever.....
Thanks!

Brawl Code-4468 6263 4927
Wii Number-7865 2205 1387 6747
No He doesn't but I do. If he has it, I'll get it from him next time I see him, and get back to you.

?Jaab

Smash Rookie
ummm first off...

i wasnt on the edge like u were, i was waiting near by on the main platform and just using turnips to try and hit u but couldn't due to ur invincibility frames from the ledge and last time i checked, spamming is quite legal. and if it wasnt u would have to get called out on it too. plus what else am i supposed to do with u? get farther away only to get shot by arrow upon arrow? spamming; maybe gay as hell but legal so that argument has no water to it...

what makes planking cheap is due to the brawl buffering system that carries over invincibility frames when u drop from the ledge making it almost impossible to counteract with bairs right away, because normally you have 60 frames of invincibility and the earliest u can drop off is like 30 i believe (if im wrong about that please some one correct me) giving u a 30 frame window (which is like half a second) against me. so u would have the frame advantage and be able to kill me with ur bair (which might i say is one of pits strongest aerials i believe) and with all the uair, fairs and arrows from pits planking game would leave that move completely fresh and peach being light as a feather in this game could potentially kill her at low %s oh and lets not forget that when i did try to do something quasi brave, u would drop down and up b to the other side putting me in an disadvantageous spot

and to answer to just bairing u, Ooooo lookie lookie. pit still has 3 jumps and his recovery plus a glide while i have a ****ty second jump and a mediocre up b

now i ask you this, ur up against a MK and he gets a stock off you, and starts planking, running the timer, swatting u away with uairs from under the stage or shuttle loops (which has Invinciblity frames by the way) and the match ending with a time out with a victory for mk. do you honestly think anyone would even want that crap to be legal?

heres a lovely example of planking with mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHmh3F2U2yU&feature=channel_page
as you can probably see the peach can't even touch the mario, and ends up sding. should this still be legal to use in tourney play?

oh and by the way, stalling is a banned tactic and has been a banned tactic ever sense melee, planking is a newly found stalling tactic thats only in brawl, because in melee im pretty sure IFs dont buffer when u drop from the ledge like in brawl. and you saying if someone wants to hang on the ledge just let them. well yeah if somebody is just hanging there then they can eat a dsmash for a stage spike for all i care. but if they plank then theres nothing u can do against it. i personally dont even see why planking should even be thought of nay even mentioned about being legal....but i guess u want matches that run the clock of 8 minutes.... and oh god i cant even imagine how long grand finals would take with that crap legal.....

Good day sir

/rant

i normally dont rant about things, but planking is something that now really pisses me off. like i said in my shoutouts, nothing against you, but the tactic is ******** and shouldnt be legal at all plus im gonna go out on a limb and say that ur most likely unaware of the way the buffering system works in brawl....but if u do know all that stuff then u should know why planking is stupid and should be banned...
Well sir i feel really bad for you because you just got counter picked . I know (as a G&W main) i can get past Roy's "planking" or whatever you call it . its new to me and if i was a peach player that didnt have another decent charector to pick of , i would B*t*h like a little girl too but guess what . that will just make me realize what my weaknesses are and work on them than make it some fantacy rule that i've never heard of . edge hogging/gimping is a skilled technique that everyone who knows what their doing does . aswell as knowing how to counter it . as for ace calling that rule out , i shamely look down on you . why should everyone change their playing stragegy just because peach cant get passed it . if it was like that , might as well ban spiking as well ...

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
^ Wow, your first post is to call out a respectable player and make yourself seem like an idiot.

good job!
But in all seriousness, planking sucks. You should look it up if you don't quite understand.

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
Well sir i feel really bad for you because you just got counter picked . I know (as a G&W main) i can get past Roy's "planking" or whatever you call it . its new to me and if i was a peach player that didnt have another decent charector to pick of , i would B*t*h like a little girl too but guess what . that will just make me realize what my weaknesses are and work on them than make it some fantacy rule that i've never heard of . edge hogging/gimping is a skilled technique that everyone who knows what their doing does . aswell as knowing how to counter it . as for ace calling that rule out , i shamely look down on you . why should everyone change their playing stragegy just because peach cant get passed it . if it was like that , might as well ban spiking as well ...

That's pretty much all i have to say to this anymore.

xXRoYXx

Smash Cadet
Wow, this really became such a huge argument..but thank you Rainy for making it all go away because thats just TOO funny

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
umm liek omg liek u came in on the debate liek late....liek omg...

/whacks with pretty pink purse

*out of homo peach main and into regular peachkid*

you do realize that you are....about 1 day late in the debate and we have already settled things.... saying that really isnt gonna do anything...
and truth be told. its not just peach who cant get past planking its pretty much if not the whole cast so before you start throwing that up in the air and be all like omg planking is totally legal. check the facts first. also, spiking doesnt give you invincibility frames while being in a hard to attack location.

and honestly, if u really hate me for debating and stating my thoughts on planking, im not gonna stop you.

and if ur gonna look down on ace for calling out the rule...well better not go to any tourneys cause its regulatory to ban planking of anykind....so might as well look down on all TOs :\

can i keep that pic btw?
dat wash mah creationz. and yes u can havez it. along with any other llamacario'd picture i have :B

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Planking is banned, and it is not a valid strat. If you want to see why, I'll be more than glad to plank you to death with Metaknight at the next tourny. ;)

Also, doubles winners finals will be up tomorrow.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm gunna put all the SMB2 vids together in an album on my AiB page as their uploaded, so people can find them all easily...

::shrug::

Top Bottom