• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Dan

Smash Lord
Well, the block limit does lead to some creative constraints. I'll be going with the "damaged castle" look.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zoroark I appreciate the time you put into my level! I'll be sure to return the favor soon!

Now, I present to you guys, a Collab between a close friend of mine and myself! He did the main world while I did the sub world. I came up with the idea of the transitioning, as I really like it and we tried to make it fit as best as possible. So with that, I hope you all enjoy!

BEHOLD

---

Level Title: We are going to Boo's House!

ID: 571F-0000-01F7-A9E1
Bookmark: We are going to Boo's House!

Description of Gameplay Elements:

We'll start in the ground main level, where we will find a few red coins, to fight Baby Bowser. Eventually, we get to a house with boo's clinging to it. IT'S BOO'S HOUSE. We let ourselves in. Why you ask? Because we are party poopers. Once we have a good time we leave being satisfied of contributing to the world.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zoroark I appreciate the time you put into my level! I'll be sure to return the favor soon!

Now, I present to you guys, a Collab between a close friend of mine and myself! He did the main world while I did the sub world. I came up with the idea of the transitioning, as I really like it and we tried to make it fit as best as possible. So with that, I hope you all enjoy!

BEHOLD

---

Level Title: We are going to Boo's House!

ID: 571F-0000-01F7-A9E1
Bookmark: We are going to Boo's House!

Description of Gameplay Elements:

We'll start in the ground main level, where we will find a few red coins, to fight Baby Bowser. Eventually, we get to a house with boo's clinging to it. IT'S BOO'S HOUSE. We let ourselves in. Why you ask? Because we are party poopers. Once we have a good time we leave being satisfied of contributing to the world.
Your welcome!
:)

This looks nice! I'll check it out later today! I also have 3 levels in the works currently, I don't know when they will be done, but it should be soon! They should be fun when I finish them!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ranmaru ranmaru
I just played your latest level and.
I broke it.:061:
Basically, when you have a Fire Flower and when you are in the Fire Clown Car. You can shoot 3 fireball with one going up.
Because of this, it's possible to broke the solid block and skip directly to the end. Making the Ghost House completely skippable.
So yeah, i recommend you to fix that.
(By the way, the checkpoint should be in a better place. Having 2 Hammer Bros and 2 Goomba with shoe in a little piece is really not that great.)

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, thank you! I fixed it!

Code: A9E5-0000-01F8-A31A
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A9E5-0000-01F8-A31A

Changes: Moved the first check point to a safer place. Made a major change with the ceiling and walls, so that they cannot be blasted down. (Instead of disallowing a fire flower) Put a wall to force the Bowser Jr fight, and used falling platforms for people that don't make it and can have a second chance since it's the first occurrence of a wide gap.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I made this course.

Collect all the 8 Red Coins!
Code: C5B2-0000-01FA-B8C3

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C5B2-0000-01FA-B8C3

Be sure to collect all the eight red coins (and keys) you come across before you face off against Bowser. Their locations aren't too difficult to find as I dropped a few hints here and there in order to give you a good idea in regards to their locations. Especially since the battle against Bowser might be a little on the lengthy side. You will also come across various challenges along the way, but they should all be fairly straightforward if you carry the right item with you or know your jumps. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone know if Ryu or Roy got costumes with the Super Expert mode update? You'd think they would throw them in there, since those amiibo come out this week, but then again, I don't think they come out in Japan until April, so maybe they'll wait until then.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does anyone know if Ryu or Roy got costumes with the Super Expert mode update? You'd think they would throw them in there, since those amiibo come out this week, but then again, I don't think they come out in Japan until April, so maybe they'll wait until then.
A software update might be needed first, because for all we know, there might not even be a Costume Mario version of Roy and Ryu yet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I made this course.

Collect all the 8 Red Coins!
Code: B0F4-0000-01F8-751D

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/B0F4-0000-01F8-751D

Be sure to collect all the eight red coins (and keys) you come across before you face off against Bowser. Their locations aren't too difficult to find as I dropped a few hints here and there in order to give you a good idea in regards to their locations. Especially since the battle against Bowser might be a little on the lengthy side. You will also come across various challenges along the way, but they should all be fairly straightforward if you carry the right item with you or know your jumps. Hope you enjoy.
I played this last night, I haven't gotten to beat it though, because:

1) The level is kind of long without a checkpoint. While it's not that bad, it does take people a few tries to realize all the obstacles and find their way around it safely. I liked the design, but it took a lot of tries to get the layout down. About half of this was the reason I didn't finish it because I died a bit, the other half , was silly mistakes that happened, so that isn't that bad.

2) The bigger thing I think could use tweaking is the size of the bowser fight room. The powerups given help a lot, but because bowser is in the clown clown car, throws ready to blow bob-ombs, and shoots a fire ball, it's hard to successfully avoid it all, and if you lose the power up, your done for, because the bob-ombs are nearly impossible to throw with how close they are to blowing up. If he threw normal ones it be a bit easier. At first I thought the trick was to stand on the cloud and shoot fire balls, but bowser will come up, trap you, and make you lose the powerup and die.

it's a nice level, but I thought that I would offer those two critiques. I know adding a checkpoint would be hard, since you need to collect coins, but I'd stay just fix the size of the bowser room and it should be fine, otherwise, I think many people will have trouble with it, and then will quite and not beat it, which would then lead to it being taken down possibly. Hope you don't my feedback.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I played this last night, I haven't gotten to beat it though, because:

1) The level is kind of long without a checkpoint. While it's not that bad, it does take people a few tries to realize all the obstacles and find their way around it safely. I liked the design, but it took a lot of tries to get the layout down. About half of this was the reason I didn't finish it because I died a bit, the other half , was silly mistakes that happened, so that isn't that bad.

2) The bigger thing I think could use tweaking is the size of the bowser fight room. The powerups given help a lot, but because bowser is in the clown clown car, throws ready to blow bob-ombs, and shoots a fire ball, it's hard to successfully avoid it all, and if you lose the power up, your done for, because the bob-ombs are nearly impossible to throw with how close they are to blowing up. If he threw normal ones it be a bit easier. At first I thought the trick was to stand on the cloud and shoot fire balls, but bowser will come up, trap you, and make you lose the powerup and die.

it's a nice level, but I thought that I would offer those two critiques. I know adding a checkpoint would be hard, since you need to collect coins, but I'd stay just fix the size of the bowser room and it should be fine, otherwise, I think many people will have trouble with it, and then will quite and not beat it, which would then lead to it being taken down possibly. Hope you don't my feedback.
1) Yeah I did initially include a checkpoint for the level but apparently if you lose a life, your whole coin count will reset to zero. Which means you will have to backtrack all the way back to the beginning of the level just to get the earlier coins back. I'm not sure why they did that. But due to this I felt it was probably for the best to not include a checkpoint flag or else it might become even more cumbersome... Sorry about that, I might add some more power ups in order to reduce the risk of fails.

2) I thought I had a feeling the room might be a little too small as I had some troubles there too, the thing is though that Bowser's fireballs kind of invades the chain chomp room if I where to expand it too much. (Which it already does but a little later). I'll try to up the ceiling a bit and perhaps add a bit more walking space too. Do you think that would help?

Anyway, thank you for your feedback, I'll try to make the appropriate adjustments for the level. ^^

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
1) Yeah I did initially include a checkpoint for the level but apparently if you lose a life, your whole coin count will reset to zero. Which means you will have to backtrack all the way back to the beginning of the level just to get the earlier coins back. I'm not sure why they did that. But due to this I felt it was probably for the best to not include a checkpoint flag or else it might become even more cumbersome... Sorry about that, I might add some more power ups in order to reduce the risk of fails.

2) I thought I had a feeling the room might be a little too small as I had some troubles there too, the thing is though that Bowser's fireballs kind of invades the chain chomp room if I where to expand it too much. (Which it already does but a little later). I'll try to up the ceiling a bit and perhaps add a bit more walking space too. Do you think that would help?

Anyway, thank you for your feedback, I'll try to make the appropriate adjustments for the level. ^^
Yeah, the checkpoint thing is a problem.

As for Bowser, I saw that his flames reach the chomp room. Is it possible to thin the chomp room? Then expand bowser's room on the left, and then raise the height.

Although raising the room's height and changing Bowser to maybe throw shells instead? I believe you could do that, and that would fix the issue most likely.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Alright I've updated the level

Collect all 8 Red Coins! Ver.1.2

Changes made:
* Chain Chomp room has been heightened up a little so Bowser's fire won't get in your way.
* Bowser's room has been made bigger so you should have enough room to battle him now.
* More power-ups have been added in order to reduce the risk of failure. (I wish I could just add a checkpoint flag but that will reset the coin count back to zero, making you have to backtrack)

* The two chain chomps at the top has been reduced to one. (Apparently if there are two, one will occasionally turn around and deal a surprise attack)
* Some fire flower power up's have been replaced with the feather power ups.
* Two power up blocks have been added in Bowser's room.
* The locked door in Bowser jr's room has been moved up to where the red coin is.

Hopefully this will improve things a little.

Yeah, the checkpoint thing is a problem.

As for Bowser, I saw that his flames reach the chomp room. Is it possible to thin the chomp room? Then expand bowser's room on the left, and then raise the height.

Although raising the room's height and changing Bowser to maybe throw shells instead? I believe you could do that, and that would fix the issue most likely.
I'm not sure how I can make Bowser throw shell's instead, I thought he could only throw Bob-Omb's? At least that's the case with the Super Mario World theme. If you're still having troubles with him I can probably suggest you to use the cape power up on him (I've included three in the room just before you face him) as you should have enough time to stop his bob-omb's with a spin attack and throw them back at him, if you're lucky they might even hit him directly instead.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, if there is anything else that needs to be done, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Collect all 8 Red Coins! Ver.1.1
Code: AE88-0000-01FA-A683
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/AE88-0000-01FA-A683

Changes made:
* Chain Chomp room has been heightened up a little so Bowser's fire won't get in your way.
* Bowser's room has been made bigger so you should have enough room to battle him now.
* More power-ups have been added in order to reduce the risk of failure. (I wish I could just add a checkpoint flag but that will reset the coin count back to zero, making you have to backtrack)

I'm not sure how I can make Bowser throw shell's instead, I thought he could only throw Bob-Omb's? At least that's the case with the Super Mario World theme. If you're still having troubles with him I can probably suggest you to use the cape power up on him (I've included three in the room just before you face him) as you should have enough time to stop his bob-omb's with a spin attack and throw them back at him, if you're lucky they might even hit him directly instead.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, if there is anything else that needs to be done, feel free to let me know.
I'll try it later! IT should be fine if the room is expanded.

As for shells over bomb, if you put a shell over or in( forgot which) the clown car, and then put bowser or bowser Jr. in it, it should throw those instead. I've only done it once so I don't remember it completely.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll try it later! IT should be fine if the room is expanded.

As for shells over bomb, if you put a shell over or in( forgot which) the clown car, and then put bowser or bowser Jr. in it, it should throw those instead. I've only done it once so I don't remember it completely.
Hmm.... He seems to still be throwing Bob-Omb's if I do that. Only Bowser jr. seems to throw shells from what I gather....

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hm, then maybe I was mistaken, sorry about that.
It's alright, I suppose it may have been better if you could customise what he could throw....

Anyway, I noticed someone got killed in an unexpected place so I made another fix. I'll just update my last post for that with the new code. ^^

Collect all 8 Red Coins! Ver.1.2

Changes made:

* The two chain chomps at the top has been reduced to one. (Apparently if there are two, one will occasionally turn around and deal a surprise attack)
* Some fire flower power up's have been replaced with the feather power ups.
* Two power up blocks have been added in Bowser's room.
* The locked door in Bowser jr's room has been moved up to where the red coin is.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My next course has been uploaded now.

D-2: Big Mario's House Tour
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/1A86-0000-01FA-E7D1

This course is a mix of the underground and ghost house themes, and it not only utilizes Big Mario, but also the Keys, Key Doors, and Pink Coins. For the Pink Coin portion of the course, I made sure that it's impossible to backtrack once you've reached the checkpoint flag, since the key that you get for collecting all the Pink Coins is used for the Key Door set that leads to the goal flagpole.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So i have found those 2 videos that can give some idea on how to use key and skewer.
I recommend to check those video. There is alot of cool idea in it!
Also, he have made others video like that for other element such as Clown Car and others thing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone is having trouble with my new course (D-2: Big Mario's House Tour), certain enemies are holding onto the keys that you need to advance.

The first key is held by a Dry Bones that's near a Thwomp. You must bait the Thwomp into crashing down onto the Dry Bones, as that's the only way that you can get the key from it.

The second key is held by a Boo Buddies that's near the pipe that leads to the area that gives you a Goomba's Shoe. You need to use the Goomba's Shoe to defeat the Boo Buddies.

The third key is held by a giant Red Koopa Troopa who has four Goombas on top of it. If you're Big Mario, you can defeat it for good, which is required to get the key. Otherwise, you could run into a monkey wrench if you don't backtrack and get another Big Mushroom.

The fourth key simply involves collecting the five Pink Coins.

So far, no one has completed my new course at all, so I hope that these tips can help anyone who wants to play it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think that isn't obvious and I even just jumped and circled around wondering where it was. Yet there is a path where there was a thwomp and a Skull Bones blocking the path and that would make it a bit more obvious, or an accidental key. The part with the Boo Buddies and fourth paths was a little annoying, simply because I had to wait many times as Big Mario. I felt I had to get the star to get to the red coin with the thwomps. The rest is just my fault. I guess it's just preference but that way you know. I like to go fast and Boo Buddies make me slow down. :3

I did like the focus on the Big Mario Mushroom, it made me smile many times due to how it gives the allusion that everyone has a 'stache.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So i have found those 2 videos that can give some idea on how to use key and skewer.
I recommend to check those video. There is alot of cool idea in it!
Also, he have made others video like that for other element such as Clown Car and others thing.
Thanks for posting! These offer nice ideas! the key one has a lot of potential, I'll use some of them in future!

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
So while I'm thinking of what to do for the second part of my Kremlantis Level, I'm updating my gravity flipping level now that the new update is out. Main changes are as follows so far:

- Cutting out the bottom few parts of the fire section: this is needlessly difficult and should be made more fair.

- Replacing many of doors and POW situations with Keys and Locked Doors: this just smooths everything out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So i have said in another thread what i am currently doing on SMM. But since i am too lazy to find new word for say the same thing. Here a C/C of what i have said.
I am playing currently SMM. I am making a level based of my story. It's like in two phase:
-The first part of the level is you climbing the mountain with ennemy in your way and some nice decor to look around. This first part is the easy part of the level and i am close to finish it.
The second part however:
- As you climb up, the night have come. And despise warning telling you to stop climbing. You do it anyway because you can't finish the level otherwise.:080: But as you don't know, The Axe Of Justice, Elisa Drakor. Is coming to hunt you down in the darkness. This part of the level is the hard one. As bigger and more dangerous ennemis apparear and you will have to fight or escape to Drakor alot of time. I haven't begin this section (And frankly, i don't know how i am going to make it.). But i am really excited to do it.:101:
The level will use the NSBM theme and the first part of the level will use the Ground theme and the second part the Undeground theme (Because there isn't a really night theme in any theme:081:)
Also, if you don't know who is Drakor. This is normal. Like i said, it's one of my OC. And i haven't drawn her, so sadly, i can't post a picture of what she look like. But i will try to do a pixel art of her head in SMM.:070:

Dan

Smash Lord
I mean, I've played Lunar Magic and Mario Builder before, but this game has really made me think about and appreciate that there truly is an art to creating these levels, just like writing a song or painting a picture; you actually really are painting a picture. Now when I watch Mario gameplays, I'm actually dissecting map designs and other nuances and looking at the games from a whole new perspective. I'm actually going on Mario Universe and other websites and studying these maps; I love it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, i have just finished a new level and reuploaded a old one! Here it is.
Moutain Of Dregnir & Drakor V2

This is level is like my Escape to Hota level. As it is based on a moment of my story. Where the protagonist have to climb a moutain. But, as he climb up. The night is coming and a dangerous warrior is coming to get him....Or in that case, the one who will play this level.:4bayonetta2:
Also, i reupload it because i noticed something that could be better, so yeah.:4megaman:
As for the old level, it is...
Forest Maze V2!

Yup, it's that one, i feeled that the key and the door key could work very well in that level. Plus, i feeled that this level was too easy. So i have made it more difficult and like in the original game. You are going to go back if you want to finish it.:4robinf:
Also...This level have 35 stars and 6 comment before. But since i don't like having double. I erased the old version...
And i am on a funeral right now.:132:
Anyway, i hope you will enjoy those 2 levels!:4pacman:
Edit: Welp, here another one.
SPM Chapter 1-4 Remix V2

I am not going to say alot on it, except one thing.
It's alot better than before.

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Since my last course was a complete and utter failure, it got taken down. I decided to make another one. Hopefully people will actually play this one.

Bowser's Red Coin Castle: C78B 0000 0200 586B

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So i reuploaded my Forest Maze level. Mostly because it didn't get any stars. And since that Nintendo are really fast when it come to deleting level. I prefered changing some thing and have another try.
So yeah, here it is again.
Forest Maze V3

Also, i think i can surely say that there will be a sequel to Operation : Gender Bender. Since there is so many new female character costume. I feel like i have to do it.
So stay tuned.:4lucas:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I wouldn't say that. If you read the entire story and look at what's really going on, there are potential reasons for it. It wasn't just random, I'll say that. He knew he was taking a chance by using the word "Poo" and similar jokes with that word. Also, yelling at, and being other rude to, a Nintendo customer support rep (who has nothing to do with what's happening) on the phone, secretly recording it and then uploading the video to YouTube isn't going to do him any favors.

I'm not saying I agree with what happened, I'm just saying it wasn't necessarily just random and people shouldn't be too concerned. It is unfortunate, I'll say that much. Hopefully Nintendo will do a better job in the future when handling online games and content as well as communicate better with the fans that support them. I think the biggest issue here is that Nintendo doesn't tell people why levels are being taken down, even if it's obvious, so we're left in the dark. Also, not giving people a chance to fix the errors, but instead banning the content permanently, isn't a good formula.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm sure there's a reason to deleting them, but it's hard to say what. Not gonna lie, that guy's personality is obnoxious though.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I'm sure there's a reason to deleting them, but it's hard to say what. Not gonna lie, that guy's personality is obnoxious though.
When his first level got deleted "randomly", he called Nintendo to inquiry. They said they could escalate the matter, but that would require them to look at all his courses and online content (and that it would be under review). He agreed. They apparently called him back and let him know his level would be reinstated, but a few days later, all his levels were taken down. I'm not sure what's up with that, but that's a whole other story I guess.

Anyway, I have to believe his first course that was taken down was flagged due to the name (Poo was in the title) or he was targeted due to being a popular streamer by trolls. It's also possible someone just flagged it after finding it in the 100 Mario Challenge and getting frustrated with its difficulty.

Either way, when he escalated the case, Nintendo probably saw all the courses that contained the word Poo (even the one that was spelled backwards) and decided to remove them all. He brings up the point that the course titled #SaveTheYoshis was also taken down and did not contain any references to Poo. That's true, but Nintendo also bans all advertising/promotion of online services. People don't seem to understand that using a hashtag is akin to promoting a social media account. Even though anyone is free to use any hashtag, it still directs to a specific conversation. If I wanted to promote something on Mario Maker, I could make a course titled #MarioMaker123. It doesn't mean anything and seems very innocent, but I could then Tweet on Twitter using that hashtag and promote anything I wanted. Thus, that's the reason that particular course was taken down. The rest were most likely due to the use of the word "Poo". End of story.

As I stated in my previous post, I don't necessarily agree with how this is all being handled, but if you take a chance like this, you have to be willing to accept the consequences. I truly believe Nintendo needs to change their policy to allow for an opportunity to rename courses that only violate their unknown naming policy. This is only fair. If nothing else is wrong with a course, only the name, then let people correct that. But to ban a course forever due to a minor oversight, or to remove someone's entire account without notice or past violations, is just as wrong.

Hopefully people will take time to think about what's going on here and learn from it rather than treat it like the sky is falling.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When his first level got deleted "randomly", he called Nintendo to inquiry. They said they could escalate the matter, but that would require them to look at all his courses and online content (and that it would be under review). He agreed. They apparently called him back and let him know his level would be reinstated, but a few days later, all his levels were taken down. I'm not sure what's up with that, but that's a whole other story I guess.

Anyway, I have to believe his first course that was taken down was flagged due to the name (Poo was in the title) or he was targeted due to being a popular streamer by trolls. It's also possible someone just flagged it after finding it in the 100 Mario Challenge and getting frustrated with its difficulty.

Either way, when he escalated the case, Nintendo probably saw all the courses that contained the word Poo (even the one that was spelled backwards) and decided to remove them all. He brings up the point that the course titled #SaveTheYoshis was also taken down and did not contain any references to Poo. That's true, but Nintendo also bans all advertising/promotion of online services. People don't seem to understand that using a hashtag is akin to promoting a social media account. Even though anyone is free to use any hashtag, it still directs to a specific conversation. If I wanted to promote something on Mario Maker, I could make a course titled #MarioMaker123. It doesn't mean anything and seems very innocent, but I could then Tweet on Twitter using that hashtag and promote anything I wanted. Thus, that's the reason that particular course was taken down. The rest were most likely due to the use of the word "Poo". End of story.

As I stated in my previous post, I don't necessarily agree with how this is all being handled, but if you take a chance like this, you have to be willing to accept the consequences. I truly believe Nintendo needs to change their policy to allow for an opportunity to rename courses that only violate their unknown naming policy. This is only fair. If nothing else is wrong with a course, only the name, then let people correct that. But to ban a course forever due to a minor oversight, or to remove someone's entire account without notice or past violations, is just as wrong.

Hopefully people will take time to think about what's going on here and learn from it rather than treat it like the sky is falling.
So basically, he needed to think about his actions? Yeah not to surprised. This why you name your levels clever puns or offical sounding names.

You made a very good analysis though!

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
So basically, he needed to think about his actions? Yeah not to surprised. This why you name your levels clever puns or offical sounding names.

You made a very good analysis though!
That's what I, and people I know, do and we've never had a course taken down. So far, the majority of cases I've heard have a clear possible reason for why the course was removed. I think people like to blow these things out of proportion and scare other creators. It's not as unknown or complicated as many would lead you to believe. There are still many unanswered questions, but the majority of cases can be explained if the time is taken to really think about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's what I, and people I know, do and we've never had a course taken down. So far, the majority of cases I've heard have a clear possible reason for why the course was removed. I think people like to blow these things out of proportion and scare other creators. It's not as unknown or complicated as many would lead you to believe. There are still many unanswered questions, but the majority of cases can be explained if the time is taken to really think about it.
Agreed, people always blow things out of proportion though sadly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
DOUBLE TROUBLE!

Bookmark: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/3DD3-0000-0204-6030

Description: Traditional, SMB3, Platforms and Fire. Some red coins, and/or a boss fight, you take your pick. Please give me feedback, and I'll play your levels in exchange! Just let me know and I'll bookmark some levels and will promise to get to them. If you played a level of mine and I have yet to get to you, please remind me, and I'll get to you! :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Bookmark: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/1E31-0000-0202-C4CD

Description: Simple, Basic, SMB, easy. Mainly done to see what I can do with the basic elements, so if you want to try to speed run it, be my guest. I would love for some feedback here, and please nitpick as I want to know every little problem with this one in particular, as I just want to improve as a level creator. Have fun, and enjoy!

Again, I will play your levels in exchange, let me know! I'll bookmark your stages.

Last edited:
Top Bottom