• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm hyped for today's update guys! : D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nabbit costume? Awesome! Don't know who the other is though.

so we have nabbit, tetra, diskun, and mystery girl.

EDIT: I see, and there is also balloon fighter. Cool!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So..The new update have come out. So, i was excited because i thinked that the boss of my latest level would be unskippable without killing him.
Welp, i find the sad true that, if you put a key into a ennemy. He can't go to track, and the boss of my level is on a track.
So yeah, i have to use another trick for that the player have to fight him until a P-Switch apparear so that they can kill a ennemy for get the key and go....Even if the boss isn't killed.
"sigh"
Anyway, here the level, i hope you will enjoy it.
The Castle of Count Dracula

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So..The new update have come out. So, i was excited because i thinked that the boss of my latest level would be unskippable without killing him.
Welp, i find the sad true that, if you put a key into a ennemy. He can't go to track, and the boss of my level is on a track.
So yeah, i have to use another trick for that the player have to fight him until a P-Switch apparear so that they can kill a ennemy for get the key and go....Even if the boss isn't killed.
"sigh"
Anyway, here the level, i hope you will enjoy it.
The Castle of Count Dracula
Sounds neat! I'll try it out later today.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sounds neat! I'll try it out later today.
That this music come to your mind in your journey.
Because, this level reference alot of fiction with vampire in it. And the begin of the level is kinda a "hommage" to the Castlevania series. (Even toguh i never played one)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That this music come to your mind in your journey.
Because, this level reference alot of fiction with vampire in it. And the begin of the level is kinda a "hommage" to the Castlevania series. (Even toguh i never played one)
Cool! And I haven't played the games either, but I know a bit about it!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It sounds like a couple users are getting their courses removed from the servers, even when the courses have received stars. If any courses get reported, that can happen without any warning, and apparently, you can't reupload the courses at all if Nintendo deletes them, even if you update them.

So far, I have not been a victim of this incident, but this is very troubling news for any user.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It sounds like a couple users are getting their courses removed from the servers, even when the courses have received stars. If any courses get reported, that can happen without any warning, and apparently, you can't reupload the courses at all if Nintendo deletes them, even if you update them.

So far, I have not been a victim of this incident, but this is very troubling news for any user.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll check on mine later.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Yup, i heared that.. :/
I really hope not any of my level will get banned....:drsad:
I have recieve already some star of 2/3 of the level i upload today. But people seem to not really like this one.
I know there is more teenager than actual player on SMM. But like, it is too much to just pay attention to thing around you?
Sigh...I hope this level get one star soon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will check it out tonight. :3

Yeah that is troubling but I wonder what we can do to offset that. We can copy our own files correct? I would say it would be smart to do so before uploading so that it does not become tainted. (Possibly with a different name) Otherwise Nintendo would be leaving us with only hope.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah that is troubling but I wonder what we can do to offset that. We can copy our own files correct? I would say it would be smart to do so before uploading so that it does not become tainted. (Possibly with a different name) Otherwise Nintendo would be leaving us with only hope.
I doubt that making copies of your game data will do you any good, since whenever you go to Course World, the game does check your NNID.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I'd love it if someone could provide a little more detail regarding courses "randomly" getting deleted. Who exactly are these people getting their courses deleted? What was the title of the courses? Are there any videos or images of the actual courses? When was it uploaded? I'm guessing there's an actual reason the courses are being removed and not just "randomly". With more info, maybe we could get to the bottom of this.

I know certain words or phrases in the title can get a course removed. Also, utilizing certain glitches will do it. If the course contains inappropriate pixel art (or even copyrighted art), it can be removed. I've heard that if the user partakes in 'star-for-star', it's possible Nintendo will remove the course, though I'm not sure how they'd know for sure. Either way, I've had courses up for a long time and have friends and family in the same situation and none of our courses have been removed. All are just standard courses, without any sort of glitches, copyrighted stuff and no one does the silly 'star-for-star' stuff. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe we're just lucky or maybe these other people are just unlucky.

As a community, we need to try and figure out what exactly is going on. Unfortunately, without actual facts or even information, that's going to be really tough.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A couple more users have apparently had their courses deleted without any warning. However, it appears that the reasoning for the deletions may also have to do with copyright infringement. This basically means that creating materials that are not Nintendo's property (such as music from games that Nintendo does not have any rights to) risks getting the boot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, i have remixed one of my level. So here it is.
Against Omega Remix

Thanks to the new update, the new element just work perfectly for this level. So i remade alot of thing and now, you can really face the Evil Reploid, Omega. With all of his form of the original game! (But with some thing different in it. Also, there is two miniboss to beat before facing Omega!)
So yeah, i hope you will enjoy it.
By the way, i have erased again my The Abyss level. It didn't get any star and there was still some thing that needed to be change.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Two new courses from me:

Sylvalum - Xenoblade X (7AC3-0000-01D8-322F)
Bookmark link
A course inspired from one of my favorite video game locations, trying to recreate some of its memorable elements, but obviously I couldn't have fit everything. If you've played the original game, you'll easily recognize areas such as Lake Ciel, the Noctilucent Sphere, or Delusians North Summit. Enemies are also inspired from the original game, with hidden ambush type enemies, floating mechanical enemies, and of course that giant earthworm-lamprey thing. Not really a challenge platforming-wise, it's mostly about avoiding enemies.
Actually it's been a little while since I created this, but due to it being relatively easy I've waited to post it alongside another more difficult course... and here it is:

AAAAAA AAA A AAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA (305D-0000-01F1-41F7)
Bookmark link
AAAAAA AAAA AA AAAAAAAA... okay silliness aside, the AAAAAA thing is mostly an aesthetic gimmick not supposed to be taken seriously. But be ready for some actual platforming challenge here! A-shaped tracks, cannonball bounces, and tricky clown car path are not to be taken lightly!
Actually this is kind of an homage to this Uncyclopedia page.

Also when I did my AAAAAA level I learned that keys or anything which carries one (block or enemy) can't be put on a track for some reason... I wanted to do it but thankfully it ultimately wasn't a big deal for my level. But it might prevent some clever design ideas which is a shame. Same for key coins, which also can't be put inside blocks.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A couple more users have apparently had their courses deleted without any warning. However, it appears that the reasoning for the deletions may also have to do with copyright infringement. This basically means that creating materials that are not Nintendo's property (such as music from games that Nintendo does not have any rights to) risks getting the boot.
That's interesting that they fear copy right strikes...

I wonder if any company would actually try to sue them. Technically Nintendo should win a lawsuit like that as they didn't physically program the tracks into the game. Fans did it themselves by programming the game to work that way by arranging objects.

And I'll play these courses in a bit and comment on them.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
That's interesting that they fear copy right strikes...

I wonder if any company would actually try to sue them. Technically Nintendo should win a lawsuit like that as they didn't physically program the tracks into the game. Fans did it themselves by programming the game to work that way by arranging objects.

And I'll play these courses in a bit and comment on them.
It's the same reason YouTube removes copyrighted music, movies and television shows from their website. Did they upload it? No. But do they (or the people uploading it) own the rights? Nope. Thus, they don't want to host and distribute it on their online servers. Nintendo's online servers are no different.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's the same reason YouTube removes copyrighted music, movies and television shows from their website. Did they upload it? No. But do they (or the people uploading it) own the rights? Nope. Thus, they don't want to host and distribute it on their online servers. Nintendo's online servers are no different.
So...Are we going to begin soon a "Where the fair use?" for SMM?

Anyway, i am still changing and reuploading level. So here the latest one.
Tricky Castle V3

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
So...Are we going to begin soon a "Where the fair use?" for SMM?
Doubtful because Nintendo is just going to do what they want or feel is right for them and that'll be it. People can complain or question it, but ultimately the final decision will be up to Nintendo. I'm guessing this is all explained in the fine print of Nintendo's TOS somewhere.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Doubtful because Nintendo is just going to do what they want or feel is right for them and that'll be it. People can complain or question it, but ultimately the final decision will be up to Nintendo. I'm guessing this is all explained in the fine print of Nintendo's TOS somewhere.
Yeah, that kinda suck tough. :/
Really, if i upload a level online and that, for some reason, it get removed. I would atleast be able reupload it, but Nintendo seem to adopt this method of banning level online now. Heck, now, they seem to ban whatever level they come across. I really hope it's just a glitch.:urg:

Dan

Smash Lord
Long story short, I have a new Wii U and new NNID, so I have to relive the 9-day lockout... Bottom line: Nintendo are ***holes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Long story short, I have a new Wii U and new NNID, so I have to relive the 9-day lockout... Bottom line: Nintendo are ***holes.
You can actually speed up the unlocking process by placing a lot of ground tiles onto your course, but you do need to use each new object at least once.

Dan

Smash Lord
You can actually speed up the unlocking process by placing a lot of ground tiles onto your course, but you do need to use each new object at least once.
True. It also tells me 5 minutes though. I'm just placing the new objects, then surfing the web until the next set delivers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
True. It also tells me 5 minutes though. I'm just placing the new objects, then surfing the web until the next set delivers.
It's simply a game of patience, but you should have all the sets unlocked within a single day if you rinse and repeat.

Dan

Smash Lord
It's simply a game of patience, but you should have all the sets unlocked within a single day if you rinse and repeat.
Yup; shooting for an hour. All in all it's not the end of the world, especially on a lazy Saturday, but they should at least have an 'unlock all' feature stashed away deep in the menus just for the people who care enough.

Actually, a fun way I just found to pass the time is to try to clear the levels in which you just spam objects to achieve the limit.

I have a vision of a future update including shaking Bowser to yield Koopalings. Shy Guys would also be excellent.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
New level! It's been a while for me actually, I would greatly appreciate some critique and feedback. Will play your levels in return!

ID: 2208-0000-01F4-8CBB
Title: Going deep within Bowser's Ship.
Bookmark: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2208-0000-01F4-8CBB

You'll be boarding the ship, going through it's defense, unscathed, and then you'll transition within the ship, which has a castle interior. You'll need to collect a few things to pass through and eventually fight Bowser Jr for the key he holds to leave the level. The story? We are upset, so we came in to stomp on Bowser or Bowser Jr, since Bowser is absent. Most likely being with the Princess. This has no skewers or red coins, but again, it does have a key. I was going for something and it just grew into this. Again, any critique is appreciated and I will play your levels in return. Many thanks!

Have fun!

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Yeah, that kinda suck tough. :/
Really, if i upload a level online and that, for some reason, it get removed. I would atleast be able reupload it, but Nintendo seem to adopt this method of banning level online now. Heck, now, they seem to ban whatever level they come across. I really hope it's just a glitch.:urg:
Where are you getting this from? Has it happened to you or people you actually know? No one that I know has had any of their levels removed or banned. Same for me. No levels have been taken off the server or banned. I think people are just posting false information to scare people. Again, we need more solid information before jumping to conclusions or conspiracy theories.

The truth is, good levels won't be removed. If a level is being played and enjoyed, and it doesn't contain any sort of copyrighted stuff or glitches, it won't be removed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Where are you getting this from? Has it happened to you or people you actually know? No one that I know has had any of their levels removed or banned. Same for me. No levels have been taken off the server or banned. I think people are just posting false information to scare people. Again, we need more solid information before jumping to conclusions or conspiracy theories.

The truth is, good levels won't be removed. If a level is being played and enjoyed, and it doesn't contain any sort of copyrighted stuff or glitches, it won't be removed.
I have see alot people on the SMM reddit claiming that their level we're removed when there was nothing to break the rules. (Copyright, glitch, etc..) Some people have appparantly see their level get removed in like 5-10 minutes, or even a level with 35 stars was removed. Again, without any problem in it.

So i don't know if this is elabored prank within the SMM reddit. But i really don't think so, this reddit is very serious when it come to their level.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I have see alot people on the SMM reddit claiming that their level we're removed when there was nothing to break the rules. (Copyright, glitch, etc..) Some people have appparantly see their level get removed in like 5-10 minutes, or even a level with 35 stars was removed. Again, without any problem in it.

So i don't know if this is elabored prank within the SMM reddit. But i really don't think so, this reddit is very serious when it come to their level.
Can you post a link (or PM it to me)? I'd like to join if possible. I take this game very seriously, so it'd be nice to join another community that feels the same way. It'll also help me by seeing these reports and discussing it with these creators.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can you post a link (or PM it to me)? I'd like to join if possible. I take this game very seriously, so it'd be nice to join another community that feels the same way. It'll also help me by seeing these reports and discussing it with these creators.
Here a link of someone on SMM reddit saying that one of his level was deleted , even tough he had some stars.
Link
Also, if you search a little, you will find others thread in this reddit saying the same thing for their levels.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There has to be some way to figure this out?

Has anyone in the Reddit Contacted Nintendo?

You can email them with problems and they usually respond to them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Z25 Z25 , i have see that you commented on my Against Omega level. However, you said there was a glitch before the CP. Which is i suppose, the checkpoint, so what was that glitch exactly?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey Z25 Z25 , i have see that you commented on my Against Omega level. However, you said there was a glitch before the CP. Which is i suppose, the checkpoint, so what was that glitch exactly?
Yes, I was about to comment that, when but I wanted to respond to the reddit first.

But the first time I went through, I made it to the part where you need to use a koopa shell to break those yellow blocks annd lower the red cannon.

I don't know what happened, but the shell never hit the block the read canon was on. So I got stuck. I thought I did something wrong and got killed while trying to figure it out, so that worked out a bit.

Not exactly sure what triggers it.

1)But I'd say it could possibly done by standing on the top of the ice blocks. ( I believe this just puts the shell off screen, and then it stays going back and forth on the floor)

2) While I was on the ice blocks, it happened, but I'll bring this up in case it can happen this way:

The Part right before with the grinder might cause it to, if you throw it from the blocks they crush. however I'm not to sure about it.

Overall nice level, depending on the difficulty you are going for, I would make the first few boss rooms slightly roomer.

I liked the bowser part though, did not know the cape could actually beat him!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yes, I was about to comment that, when but I wanted to respond to the reddit first.

But the first time I went through, I made it to the part where you need to use a koopa shell to break those yellow blocks annd lower the red cannon.

I don't know what happened, but the shell never hit the block the read canon was on. So I got stuck. I thought I did something wrong and got killed while trying to figure it out, so that worked out a bit.

Not exactly sure what triggers it.

1)But I'd say it could possibly done by standing on the top of the ice blocks. ( I believe this just puts the shell off screen, and then it stays going back and forth on the floor)

2) While I was on the ice blocks, it happened, but I'll bring this up in case it can happen this way:

The Part right before with the grinder might cause it to, if you throw it from the blocks they crush. however I'm not to sure about it.

Overall nice level, depending on the difficulty you are going for, I would make the first few boss rooms slightly roomer.

I liked the bowser part though, did not know the cape could actually beat him!
So the part that posed you problem was the first form of Omega?
Well...I actually encoutered the same problem, but i think that you can fix by just throwing another shell at it.
Also, thank you for you feedback! I have actually upgraded in visual term and i have made some room bigger or just better.
I was just waiting your answer befoe i upload it. Which i am going to do right now if i can.
By the way, the whole level is based of Mega Man Zero 3 Final Boss, Omega. The previous Mini-Boss before him are little warm up like the original game. And all the form you see are based off of all the form of Omega in the original game.
So yeah, it was supposed to be difficult.:p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the part that posed you problem was the first form of Omega?
Well...I actually encoutered the same problem, but i think that you can fix by just throwing another shell at it.
Also, thank you for you feedback! I have actually upgraded in visual term and i have made some room bigger or just better.
I was just waiting your answer befoe i upload it. Which i am going to do right now if i can.
By the way, the whole level is based of Mega Man Zero 3 Final Boss, Omega. The previous Mini-Boss before him are little warm up like the original game. And all the form you see are based off of all the form of Omega in the original game.
So yeah, it was supposed to be difficult.:p
I didn't think of another shell....

I had also forgotten the pipe spewed them out though xD.
And your welcome!

The boss rooms were clever. I liked the hammer bro one. They made good use of keys to!
And I've never played mega man, so I did not know, but cool! I do know it's known for it's difficulty so that makes sense.
Good job!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I didn't think of another shell....

I had also forgotten the pipe spewed them out though xD.
And your welcome!

The boss rooms were clever. I liked the hammer bro one. They made good use of keys to!
And I've never played mega man, so I did not know, but cool! I do know it's known for it's difficulty so that makes sense.
Good job!
Oh don't worry, it happen to all of us. XD
Anyway, i have just uploaded the V2 of the level.
So here it is!
Also, here the map of the level.

If you look closely, you can already see some changes. But for see them all. I recommend you to play the level by yourself.
And again, thank you for playing my level and giving feedback! :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh don't worry, it happen to all of us. XD
Anyway, i have just uploaded the V2 of the level.
So here it is!
Also, here the map of the level.

If you look closely, you can already see some changes. But for see them all. I recommend you to play the level by yourself.
And again, thank you for playing my level and giving feedback! :)
Cool! I'll try it out sometime today!

Top Bottom