• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Dan

Smash Lord
And please, don't die when you can't die on this level. Because someone actually die on it. (I don't know how, but it make me facepalm so hard.)
Probably time ran out.

The thing is though, Miyamoto is an official Nintendo employee, and such users have a large amount of good luck when it comes to receiving stars for their courses.
Well then anonymously, from a random IP.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Probably time ran out.
Starting a course all over counts as losing a life as well, which can end up lowering a course's clear rate. You can't start a course all over in the 10 Mario Challenge and 100 Mario Challenge if you only have 1 life left after all.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I made 4 levels!

If you like spooky and very challenging levels, you should check them!

Dark Mansion: FD07-0000-01DA-79AC

Crazy Clown's House: A6E8-0000-01DA-79B7

Captain Blooper's Haunted Coin: 52C5-0000-01DA-7A2A

Dead Leaf Forest: 7FE9- 0000- 01DA-7AA4

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sup' Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , how you going?
So, i have a question, you see. I have saw that, you have finished my latest level in 13 secondes. So here my question : do you have take the normal path for having that time? Or do you have find something that can "break" the level?
Edit: Actually, i have find the answer.
And i am currently facepalming for having leave a error like this.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Sup' Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , how you going?
So, i have a question, you see. I have saw that, you have finished my latest level in 13 secondes. So here my question : do you have take the normal path for having that time? Or do you have find something that can "break" the level?
Edit: Actually, i have find the answer.
And i am currently facepalming for having leave a error like this.
Yyyyup. I never got to see the inside of the house yet, because I was poking at what I could find on the outside (though cheesing wasn't my intention). lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yyyyup. I never got to see the inside of the house yet, because I was poking at what I could find on the outside (though cheesing wasn't my intention). lol
I don't know how i should react right now. So i am just going to post this.
Noise
Anyway, i fixed the problem and i have already get 3 stars lol.
Golly, people must loves see Papyrus and Sans in the name and in the map of the level.:129:
Anyway, here a quick link for you.
A Link to the Present

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Howdy!

I've been making levels for a while now, but only recently made any that I'd be willing to share. Here are some of my personal favorites:

Rickety Raceway

My concept was a 2D Mario Kart course. It puts emphasis on fast-paced platforming, but nothing too extreme. Contains a secondary path accessed by dying after the checkpoint.

Quirky Cannonade

A somewhat difficulty airship level. Tons of cannons that may or may not work as expected. Features a puzzle boss of sorts involving cannons and a Bob-Omb dispenser. However, the boss can be bypassed.

MARIODIUS

A simplistic shoot-em-up level made to test out the Fire Clown Car. Inspired by Gradius. Admittedly pretty easy, but I'm proud of the Big Core at the end.

Killer Carnival

Possibly my best work yet. Run through dangerous rides, explore a lame haunted house, try your luck at the carnival games, and then prepare to face the dreaded bumper cars.

Please let me know what you think!

Dan

Smash Lord
The costumes are getting a bit insane at this point. When are they going to stop? It would be neat if they served some purpose other than palette swaps, like NPC's or bosses or something.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The costumes are getting a bit insane at this point. When are they going to stop? It would be neat if they served some purpose other than palette swaps, like NPC's or bosses or something.
Personally, i am glad there is new costume that are coming. Because like that, i can unlock them without needing to go on the hell that is the 100 Mario Expert Challenge! :D (I still need Lucina for uploading my last level >:C )

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finally finished my latest level( been working on it since the costumes came out)

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/10D6-0000-01DD-1174
#SuperMarioMaker

Choose your Pokemon Trainer!

In it you must choose your Kanto Starter and embark on an adventure! There are 3 paths, with a guide through my comments on the level!

A lot of references to! If you play, please tell me what you think! It's easy and short, but I think it came out really well!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I finally finished my latest level( been working on it since the costumes came out)

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/10D6-0000-01DD-1174
#SuperMarioMaker

Choose your Pokemon Trainer!

In it you must choose your Kanto Starter and embark on an adventure! There are 3 paths, with a guide through my comments on the level!

A lot of references to! If you play, please tell me what you think! It's easy and short, but I think it came out really well!
It seem very interesting! I will bookmark it for another day.
Also, remember Escape to Hota? That level where you have to use a map for not take the wrong path? Well, someone that haven't understand the concept of this level have decided to reveal all the direction in comment. Which ruin the whole concept. So, for not getting trouble with this person on Miiverse, what i have done his simple:
I erased the level.
By erased, i mean, both online and offline. Since now, if i reuploaded it, i feel that the people will redone the same mistake. I decided the remake the WHOLE level. Like, when you play it, it will be like a totally different level! And this time, no death path, but still, you will have to escape.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It seem very interesting! I will bookmark it for another day.
Also, remember Escape to Hota? That level where you have to use a map for not take the wrong path? Well, someone that haven't understand the concept of this level have decided to reveal all the direction in comment. Which ruin the whole concept. So, for not getting trouble with this person on Miiverse, what i have done his simple:
I erased the level.
By erased, i mean, both online and offline. Since now, if i reuploaded it, i feel that the people will redone the same mistake. I decided the remake the WHOLE level. Like, when you play it, it will be like a totally different level! And this time, no death path, but still, you will have to escape.
Thanks! And interesting!

I may end up deleting and rebuilding more of my levels.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks! And interesting!

I may end up deleting and rebuilding more of my levels.
This is the first time i erase a level completely and i remade it in a different way. Normally, when i erase a level online. I still keep the entire level offline, i just fix and add some new thing for made the experience better. But here, this is really the first time i remade a entire level, without any base of the original.
so yeah, be ready to Escape to Hota 2.0.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Keys that can be attached to enemies = hooray, easy forced boss battles that aren't against a Bowser Jr. in a Clown Car! The thing when you shake the Thwomp seems cool too.

Super Expert 100 Mario to unlock new costumes, I actually predicted that! Good luck to unlock them all though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Skewers, keys, locked doors, and a Super Expert 100 Mario Challenge? Looks like the next update is adding even more elements onto the game.

I will tell you right now though, that if you ever get any of my courses in the Super Expert 100 Mario Challenge, you'll more than likely get a lucky break if you know what to do.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Mandatory Boss Fight HYPE! I've got nothing more to say except, "Thanks Nintendo!"

Dan

Smash Lord
You'd think after this genius move they'll have to cave in and give us slopes at some point...

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
You'd think after this genius move they'll have to cave in and give us slopes at some point...
As much as I want slopes, I'm not sure they ever will add them. Super Mario Bros for NES never had slopes, so I'm not sure they'd be willing to retro-fit it into the game. I don't think I'd want to see the original Mario with slopes, seems like it would ruin the game. Unless they can think of something else to give it in place of slopes, I fear this is a dream we'll never see come true.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
SO. MUCH. LEVEL. TO. REMADE.
Seriously Nintendo, calm down, now, i have to reupload some of my level again. :>
Oh and about Super Expert Mode...Ahahaha
Kill me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope I'm not required to clear Super Expert mode to get the new costumes. The Expert mode is hard enough as is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I hope I'm not required to clear Super Expert mode to get the new costumes. The Expert mode is hard enough as is.
Sorry to break your hope, but it have been confirm that 12 costumes will be unlocked by finishing that mode.
So yeah, get your ass ready for the Impossible level that you are going to finish.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry to break your hope, but it have been confirm that 12 costumes will be unlocked by finishing that mode.
So yeah, get your *** ready for the Impossible level that you are going to finish.
If you ever run into the following courses, don't feel too discouraged...

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/480D-0000-0117-9DDB
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/91B4-0000-00F1-B75A
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/0583-0000-00EE-113E

I think that way too many amateur players have been playing those course IDs, and as such, that can explain the very low clear rates. They should not be too difficult if you keep an eye on the hints. In fact, these courses could be lucky breaks if you ever get them during a 100 Mario Challenge session.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I think that way too many amateur players have been playing those course IDs, and as such, that can explain the very low clear rates. They should not be too difficult if you keep an eye on the hints. In fact, these courses could be lucky breaks if you ever get them during a 100 Mario Challenge session.
Thanks for the encouragement...
But really, the only good thing about that mode is that there is only 666 levels.
And that's it, like, i would have prefer play the dullest level could give on theri Event level for getting costume than this ****.
Like, i haven't finished Expert Mode yet!:4charizard:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I pretty much have all the Easy, Normal, and Expert difficulty costumes, but Super Expert will definitely feel more evil, since we're talking about courses that have clear rates that are lower than 2%.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I pretty much have all the Easy, Normal, and Expert difficulty costumes, but Super Expert will definitely feel more evil, since we're talking about courses that have clear rates that are lower than 2%.
Isn't Super Expert % are like in 0.1-0.9? Because some of my level are at 1-1.9% and they are still Expert level.
(In fact, one of my level, who was Super Expert, was recently changed to Expert. Despise that nobody finish it since the last time.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So yeah, get your *** ready for the Impossible level that you are going to finish.
That's right!

Now instead of levels made by 5 year olds, you now have to play those made by 4 year olds!

In all seriousness, this will suck.

The update is amazing though! Can't wait for the spike pillars though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's right!

Now instead of levels made by 5 year olds, you now have to play those made by 4 year olds!

In all seriousness, this will suck.

The update is amazing though! Can't wait for the spike pillars though.
No, not 4 year olds.
More like, 22 years old that have made level that they are so evil and difficult that even Satan will be afraid of them.
But hey, atleast, we got obligatory Boss Fight and all that stuff.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
As much as I want slopes, I'm not sure they ever will add them. Super Mario Bros for NES never had slopes, so I'm not sure they'd be willing to retro-fit it into the game. I don't think I'd want to see the original Mario with slopes, seems like it would ruin the game. Unless they can think of something else to give it in place of slopes, I fear this is a dream we'll never see come true.
I know it ruins the continuity, but I wouldn't mind some features being game-specific.

Let me just take this time to plug my courses...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, if i counted right, i only need to finish Expert Mode 12 more times before i finally finish that mode.
Funny thing that Super Expert Mode have also 12 costume to get too.
But hey, for some of you like Claire Diviner Claire Diviner who already play it. I finally got the last costume i needed for uploading my Gender Bender level.
So if you want to play it, here it is.
Operation: Gender Bender

I hope you will like it. :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So apparantly, there is new costume to unlock on Normal and Expert mode.
Someone here can see if all the new costume can be unlock by playing only those two modes?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*One of them could be Nabbit
*Hasn't completed Expert or Normal yet.

*Cry more
Hey, atleast, if the costume has to be unlock on Normal or Expert. It will be better than on Super Expert mode.
So yeah, cross your finger.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Do you think you can post the link? I am on my phone right now, but i really want to see it.
Twitter Link plus a link to a Miiverse post from someone who got him as well, whose profile also includes some other posts about the new Costumes of Normal
https://twitter.com/gameguy196/status/707524722238427136
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk_AKQZuw

All sources confirm Nabbit to be unlocked on Normal

That said, I also found a new Costume, but I don't know who it is
Secret character:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAArVRTxnun10w

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Twitter Link plus a link to a Miiverse post from someone who got him as well, whose profile also includes some other posts about the new Costumes of Normal
https://twitter.com/gameguy196/status/707524722238427136
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk_AKQZuw

All sources confirm Nabbit to be unlocked on Normal

That said, I also found a new Costume, but I don't know who it is
Secret character:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAArVRTxnun10w
Thanks.
It´s nice to see that some costume can be unlock on Normal/Expert.
Tough, there is still some that you will have to unlock on Super Expert.

Top Bottom