• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey guys I have a question. If Isaac does get added to Ultimate, as either base or DLC, which character(s) would you be shifting your focus to after that? Do you have anyone else really big in mind, or would you be completely satisfied?
When Isaac gets in I'm done and will become one with the force like Obi-Wan.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
When Isaac gets in I'm done and will become one with the force like Obi-Wan.
And then your mindgame will be more powerful than we could even imagine.
Brilliant, you will bring Isaac into the competitive scene with great ease.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Nice, Isaac won.
My votes for today: Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, Paper Mario

While I like Phoenix Wright, I hope that Isaac is going to beat him !

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Well, Minecon was...uninteresting, but at least it had footage of pandas at the end, so that's a plus?

I remain of the mindset that it would be really strange for Nintendo and Microsoft to be partnering to put Minecraft content into Smash and then not even hint at it during what is, as I understand, the biggest Minecraft event of the year. Wouldn't the entire point of such cross-promotion be to get Minecraft players talking about and eventually buying Smash? Maybe it means nothing, but between this and the surprise Pokemon music track on the blog this past week, I'm excited by the prospect that the leaks may not be correct after all.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I cast my vote.

...I voted for Banjo and Paper Mario (though really I could have gone either way). I wish I didn't have to vote against Nick. Oh well.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, Minecon was...uninteresting, but at least it had footage of pandas at the end, so that's a plus?

I remain of the mindset that it would be really strange for Nintendo and Microsoft to be partnering to put Minecraft content into Smash and then not even hint at it during what is, as I understand, the biggest Minecraft event of the year. Wouldn't the entire point of such cross-promotion be to get Minecraft players talking about and eventually buying Smash? Maybe it means nothing, but between this and the surprise Pokemon music track on the blog this past week, I'm excited by the prospect that the leaks may not be correct after all.
If the entire purpose of Steve is to draw the extremely casual Minecraft audience towards Smash, you can’t really do it in a Smash Direct or even a regular Direct. You want to use a place that your desired demographic will be watching. Minecon would have fulfilled said purpose, so I feel like this is (yet another) major blow against Steve’s chances.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If the entire purpose of Steve is to draw the extremely casual Minecraft audience towards Smash, you can’t really do it in a Smash Direct or even a regular Direct. You want to use a place that your desired demographic will be watching. Minecon would have fulfilled said purpose, so I feel like this is (yet another) major blow against Steve’s chances.
100% on this. I've been trying to tell this to some people on other platforms, but they just don't get it.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I doubt nobody choose her, she had a lot of fan support during the ballot.
I said almost. I suspect that the support for other characters on the ballot (K. Rool, Ridley, erc.) was alot higher than her. They had to have had her in production before the ballot. That and basing her on ZS Samus' model would have been easier than starting with a frpm scratch model.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
People seem to think Steve is confirmed because they censored the word "smash" on the mine con twitch chat......like what?

Source gaming tweeted about it in case you don't know what I'm talking about

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
People seem to think Steve is confirmed because they censored the word "smash" on the mine con twitch chat......like what?

The moderation on that stream was all over the map. They were constantly changing the required follow time to chat and the minimum time between messages to mitigate spam. I'm sure the "smash" censor was more of the same: just preventing spam from Smash speculators.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Hahahaha for real? Damn, maybe Minecraft’s audience is really only kids. Seems to me people should know better about what kind of usage the word ‘smash’ gets.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The moderation on that stream was all over the map. They were constantly changing the required follow time to chat and the minimum time between messages to mitigate spam. I'm sure the "smash" censor was more of the same: just preventing spam from Smash speculators.
Exactly lol... probably the biggest stretch I've seen so far

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Nah, the best time would have been at E3 as it is the biggest gaming event of the year.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

To be fair if you've ever watched the comment section of a Nintendo direct you'll know why the word was censored.

Even during the Nindies direct Smash was almost all anyone was talking about.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nah, the best time would have been at E3 as it is the biggest gaming event of the year.
Yeah, I considered E3, but obviously that had already come and gone.

Besides, I’d argue that the Minecraft audience are still more prone to be watching Minecon than E3, and might only watch Microsoft’s presentation during E3.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
To be fair if you've ever watched the comment section of a Nintendo direct you'll know why the word was censored.

Even during the Nindies direct Smash was almost all anyone was talking about.
And that's why it makes way more sense that the word was censored for spam since it has nothing to do with minecon

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
meh; if Steve get's announced for Smash - and Nintendo likes to keep control of their games' reveals by restricting them to directs (as I've learned Embarrass) - the news would spread like wildfire.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I'm feeling a lot less confident about Incineroar not making it in than I do about Steve. The music theory is interesting but I don't feel like it's in any way airtight. Though with that said it's hard to imagine another Pokemon song being added to the list in the next four weeks. (that would be very soon)

So in that case it would mean either Incineroar won't have a song attached to him or he'll get revealed in November and not October. (which doesn't seem that likely to me but who knows)

I read in another thread that the guy who said Steve was playable backtracked on that claim, so now there isn't really anything backing it up. Except that there will be Minecraft content, but that's nothing new we heard about that ages ago.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Things don't line up well for Minecraft stuff or even worse, a playable character. So that's good for us.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Hopefully this will be Isaac's palette swaps, this would be perfect!

Isaac 2.png

Oh and I would like to see one of Saturos too! ( is there anybody who can make that? Would love to see it )
Saturos 7.png

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
These are really cool! Now I wonder if they can change Isaac's hair colour etc.
Shulk and Lucina have palettes based on party members, Lucina got hair color changes but Shulk didn't. So they can but won't necessarilly do it.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
As. Big supporter of Ray with growing support for Ray. I have come to support his fellow cut Assist Trophy buddy. Although I never played golden sun

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I never expected anything Smash related there. Didn't even bother checking the stream.

I think Steve is happening but he's not going to happen until October or November.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
People expecting an actual Smash reveal at Minecon Earth definitely didn't see the **** show that was last year's event. It was awful and this year it followed through with a cringy-fest of Youtubers talking about their life stories and playing zany games, while only giving us the actual news on Minecraft updates at the very end (Aside from Minecraft Dungeons being announced).

If I were Nintendo, I wouldn't trust Mojang to announce anything safely and would just announce it on my own terms.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
veggiebun is prolly a fraud too
Been saying this for months. And it's good for us. I really think Isaac might be one of the last newcomers shown, given how well he did on the ballot and the Rathalos tweet.

Top Bottom