• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Just dropping in to share my support for Isaac. Been a long time supporter since the Project M voting thread days. Here's hoping he is dealt justice this time.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Vaati's design doesn't actually appear in his own form.

Capcom owns all the design and all of the music of their games. That's why none of the music from that game apeears, nor does any levels, nor does vaati. Because that was created by Capcom.

The 4 colored links? Owned by Nintendo. That's why they're in another game, and somewhat represented in Smash.
But a few Minish Cap stickers appeared in Brawl and Capcom wasn't involved with that game.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Okay, so that's even stranger.
But a few Minish Cap stickers appeared in Brawl and Capcom wasn't involved with that game.
So I came across this little gem.

IMG_2976.PNG

So Nintendo DOESNT own the music of the Capcom games.

That would make sense since it's originally created at Capcom.

And vaati possiblt might be in the same boat.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
For me the top 3 picks are Isaac Geno and Skull Kid, but
Geno hints comes from the end of Smash 4 era and his crazy popularity, especialy on youtube because Gamefreak prove this, Nostalgia sells and A LOT, and he is a unique character, he is a Pinoquio mage!

Skull Kid is maybe the realistic pic of the 3 since his fanbase(lower than the other too but still) is huge! Majoras is one of if not the most loved 3D Zelda and he is shown many times in the Zelda games close to the Smash U development era, plus he is the most popular Zelda character out of Impa and the Triforce trio, also the chairs is more strech than Rathalos but still something.

Isaac have a huge fanbase, but like the character. the fanbase is mute and don't like to scream a lot to others maybe in shame of our brother fanbase on Waluigi, Golden Sun is one of the last "close to big" Nintendo IP to be in Smash, and Ballot is a thing,
Isaac maybe very well there, maybe not in the levels of K.Rool but good for a non-representative IP. He is unique too, because outside Ivysaur(which I think is the weakest of Pokemon Trainer trio) we don't have a earth related character and Robin proved that even a Swordsman can be the most unique fighter, we got a good number of hints and strechs with the Rathalos pic and the sun in K.rool trailer, the minimum we could get from him is a AT because of the Ballot, huge characters in the ballot like Shovel Knight, Zero and others even if they gotten the AT treatment they still in the game, so I'm sure Isaac will be in the game at least as a AT. But I have hope!

For me Geno is 40/60
Skull Kid is 60/40 (at least as a AT he is in)
Isaac is a 50/50 (same as Skull Kid)

Last edited:

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Do people still say Isaac would be "just another swordsman?" Like, he probably wouldn't even have to use his sword lol. I guess he probably should for a couple attacks, just because he could use a couple quick and simple moves. He could be like Ganondorf and only use it in his taunt lol.
True Isaac doesn't need to use his sword but I feel to represent the Golden Sun series better he should have an artifact weapon. The Gaia blade, Sol blade, and Excalibur are all iconic Goden Sun weapons. Isaac shouldn't use his sword for all of his attacks just tilts and some aerials. The last thing I want to see is Sakurai not represent Golden Sun in it's entirety to please a few people who will find something else to complain about. Isaac could literally leave his sword on his back all the time and people will still call him a Marth clone. I personally don't want to see Isaac show up with one of the most powerful weapons in Golden Sun and use it only for taunts.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Dang, that would suck if Vaati was in the same boat Geno has been in. He is my top Zelda pick too.

True Isaac doesn't need to use his sword but I feel to represent the Golden Sun series better he should have an artifact weapon. The Gaia blade, Sol blade, and Excalibur are all iconic Goden Sun weapons. Isaac shouldn't use his sword for all of his attacks just tilts and some aerials. The last thing I want to see is Sakurai not represent Golden Sun in it's entirety to please a few people who will find something else to complain about. Isaac could literally leave his sword on his back all the time and people will still call him a Marth clone. I personally don't want to see Isaac show up with one of the most powerful weapons in Golden Sun and use it only for taunts.
Ah, the Ganondorf treatment. Actually, I wouldn't mind if his weapon was just for aesthetic purposes, and his whole moveset just has variations on Djinn and Psynergy moves.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
People talk about how K.Rule and Ridley broke the internet with the reviels. I don’t think Isaac will have the same effect

Especially with a reveal like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7NiaaLZM8
I think you might be surprised honestly. People like characters like Cloud, the FE cast, and Shulk all just fine even if they haven't played the games they are from. I'm one of the few on that list who just really like Isaac just based on what little I know of him.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I think you might be surprised honestly. People like characters like Cloud, the FE cast, and Shulk all just fine even if they haven't played the games they are from. I'm one of the few on that list who just really like Isaac just based on what little I know of him.
I was just being sarcastic lol, that’s why I linked the Jesus Christ reveal from that fighting game.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Okay, so that's even stranger.

So I came across this little gem.

View attachment 160028

So Nintendo DOESNT own the music of the Capcom games.

That would make sense since it's originally created at Capcom.

Yeah I was aware of that but it's not strange for music to be retained and Vaati is still unknown. Everyone just guesses but there's no definitive answer and I doubt we will ever get one.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well I think its good new IP got representatives, like people hate FE because they got many chars for a alredy represented IP, so why complain about New IP's?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well I think its good new IP got representatives, like people hate FE because they got many chars for a alredy represented IP, so why complain about New IP's?
Because it wasn't the character someone wanted. People will always find a way to complain when things don't go exactly the way they want.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What's Vaati's situation? Is he owned by Nintendo? Or does Capcom own him?

Vaati's design doesn't actually appear in his own form.

Capcom owns all the design and all of the music of their games. That's why none of the music from that game apeears, nor does any levels, nor does vaati. Because that was created by Capcom.
Nintendo owns Vaati. Vaati was in Four Swords Adventures, which featured 0 collaboration from Capcom. The question is moreso if Capcom owns Vaati's human design.

The designs of the three Goddesses have largely been based on the designs of the three oracles:

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Golden_Goddesses#Physical_Appearance

And the symbols of the three goddesses are also basically identical to the song symbols you can get on the Harp of Ages:
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Tune_of_Echoes
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Tune_of_Ages
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Tune_of_Currents

It should be noted that there were references to the Oracle games in Hyrule Warriors Legends. People overlook the small things, but there were food items based on the Oracle games: all five types of seeds you can get in them.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/167257-hyrule-warriors-legends/73532651

Daphnes also fuses a kinstone for an attack in Hyrule Warriors (its a nod to both Minish Cap and him fusing the triforce in Wind Waker):
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/73783366

The Oracles and Minish Cap, like every other game, are also in the timeline:
https://www.zelda.com/about/

A Minish-like race were planned for BotW and scrapped (maybe they wouldn't have been called Minish? That's just weird if it was the case):
http://www.dorkly.com/post/82738/zelda-cut-material

And lastly, BotW references the Oracle games with a number of locations, just like every other game.

If Nintendo had no claim to them, you'd think they would stop including references. No characters from those games have appeared in games outside of them, but, well, Nintendo never really reuses Zelda characters anyway aside from a small handful. Which only leaves Hyrule Warriors, where its absolutely possible characters from the Oracles and Minish Cap will get included later. Its hard to say, though. The only thing stated is that in a panel about the Legends DLC, they said that Vaati "would be difficult" but didn't explain why.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/167257-hyrule-warriors-legends/73544823?page=2

Not that I think Vaati can or will happen in Smash, but I don't think the character is owned by Capcom. The (human) design, on the other hand, might be. And even that's up for heavy debate.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Because it wasn't the character someone wanted. People will always find a way to complain when things don't go exactly the way they want.
Yeah and its kinda sad tbh. For me personally even if Isaac doesn't make it (I would be internally salty), I'm open minded and always ready to learn about the new characters, even if its from a franchise I don't particularly care about

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't know much about this character, but the amount of people who want him makes me want him, he looks like he would fit in great, hell I might even try one of the golden sun games since the amount of people who love them.
With that being said may I be added to the supporter list True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah I was aware of that but it's not strange for music to be retained and Vaati is still unknown. Everyone just guesses but there's no definitive answer and I doubt we will ever get one.
It really sucks if Nintendo did another Geno. And the worst part is that there isn't an official answer.

Nintendo owns Vaati. Vaati was in Four Swords Adventures, which featured 0 collaboration from Capcom. The question is moreso if Capcom owns Vaati's human design.

The designs of the three Goddesses have largely been based on the designs of the three oracles:

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Golden_Goddesses#Physical_Appearance

And the symbols of the three goddesses are also basically identical to the song symbols you can get on the Harp of Ages:
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Tune_of_Echoes
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Tune_of_Ages
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Tune_of_Currents

It should be noted that there were references to the Oracle games in Hyrule Warriors Legends. People overlook the small things, but there were food items based on the Oracle games: all five types of seeds you can get in them.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/167257-hyrule-warriors-legends/73532651

Daphnes also fuses a kinstone for an attack in Hyrule Warriors (its a nod to both Minish Cap and him fusing the triforce in Wind Waker):
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/73783366

The Oracles and Minish Cap, like every other game, are also in the timeline:
https://www.zelda.com/about/

A Minish-like race were planned for BotW and scrapped (maybe they wouldn't have been called Minish? That's just weird if it was the case):
http://www.dorkly.com/post/82738/zelda-cut-material

And lastly, BotW references the Oracle games with a number of locations, just like every other game.

If Nintendo had no claim to them, you'd think they would stop including references. No characters from those games have appeared in games outside of them, but, well, Nintendo never really reuses Zelda characters anyway aside from a small handful. Which only leaves Hyrule Warriors, where its absolutely possible characters from the Oracles and Minish Cap will get included later. Its hard to say, though. The only thing stated is that in a panel about the Legends DLC, they said that Vaati "would be difficult" but didn't explain why.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/167257-hyrule-warriors-legends/73544823?page=2

Not that I think Vaati can or will happen in Smash, but I don't think the character is owned by Capcom. The (human) design, on the other hand, might be. And even that's up for heavy debate.
Actually, Mario RPG is referenced in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. But they were never "fully" references. These references would be put in the same category.

Also, they said Vaati would be "difficult"? Why?

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It really sucks if Nintendo did another Geno. And the worst part is that there isn't an official answer.
No Nintendo fully owns Vatti, similar to the DKC situation. They didn't add Minishes in Breath of the Wild because they thought the game already had enough.

The reason we don't see any content from Oracles of Ages/Seasons, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures or Minish Cap is those games are mostly just filler and are very forgettable games. I've beaten all of them and I can't remember a lick of them but maybe the central gimmicks. They aren't key Zelda games, nor are they games anyone but Zelda fans will remember 20 years from now.

They are inferior products to The OG Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds. They are not as experimental as Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild. They are not core Zelda titles like all the 3D Zelda games, the original Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, or A Link Between Worlds.

It's the same reason why we got basically nothing from TriForce Heroes. The only reason we got The Spirit Train is because Spirit Tracks had that one very good song and people liked the train. Smash 3DS needed a handheld Zelda stage, and it was the newest "new" handheld Zelda game at the time was Spirit Tracks. And even then, Smash 3DS came with a new Ocarina of Time (3D) stage in Gerudo Valley.

Really not a lot to it.

20 years later, when people talk of Zelda games around the turn of the century, they talk Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, not the Oracle games or Four Swords games.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
No Nintendo fully owns Vatti, similar to the DKC situation. They didn't add Minishes in Breath of the Wild because they thought the game already had enough.

The reason we don't see any content from Oracles of Ages/Seasons, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures or Minish Cap is those games are mostly just filler and are very forgettable games. I've beaten all of them and I can't remember a lick of them but maybe the central gimmicks. They aren't key Zelda games, nor are they games anyone but Zelda fans will remember 20 years from now.

They are inferior products to The OG Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds. They are not as experimental as Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild. They are not core Zelda titles like all the 3D Zelda games, the original Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, or A Link Between Worlds.

It's the same reason why we got basically nothing from TriForce Heroes. The only reason we got The Spirit Train is because Spirit Tracks had that one very good song and people liked the train. Smash 3DS needed a handheld Zelda stage, and it was the newest "new" handheld Zelda game at the time was Spirit Tracks. And even then, Smash 3DS came with a new Ocarina of Time (3D) stage in Gerudo Valley.

Really not a lot to it.

20 years later, when people talk of Zelda games around the turn of the century, they talk Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, not the Oracle games or Four Swords games.
So they aren't put in because they're "filler". But Spirit tracks, and Phantom hourglass, the WORST of the series, get representation.

Bull****.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So they aren't put in because they're "filler". But Spirit tracks, and Phantom hourglass, the WORST of the series, get representation.

Bull****.
Spirit Tracks got a stage because it was the newest one at the time Smash 3DS came out and the dev team wanted Zelda stages from handheld Zelda stages. The Spirit Train sticks out a lot as a horizontal moving stage and it fits that stage gimmick incredibly well. Heck the Spirit Train is most of what anyone remembers of that game along with that banger of a train theme.

We got Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time 3DS) in Smash 3DS for similar (albeit not the same) reasons (no Ocarina of Time stage, newest handheld remake).

Timing sometimes is everything. If we got a Melee follow up in 2004, we'd have had Isaac playable already for example, as well as a Gen 3 Pokémon. Instead a Melee followup came in 2008, which was a perfect time to add Lucas (without having him replace Ness) and Lucario.

And IDK about which game is the worst. I'm just stating my analysis.

There's a reason why the Zelda stages we have are from all the major games (sans the original but more on that later) in A Link to the Past (Hyrule Castle), Ocarina of Time (Gerudo Valley), Majora's Mask (Great Bay), Wind Waker (Pirate Ship), Twilight Princess (Bridge of Eldin), Skyward Sword (Skyloft) and Breath of the Wild (Great Plateau Tower).

We got Spirit Train (Spirit Train) because of aforementioned reasons and we got Hyrule Temple (Zelda II) because the Temples in Zelda II were super iconic, unique looking and cool and it also fits the Zelda I/II vibe super well. It really feels old and cool.

(Note: this is just my analysis on things, not necessarily my opinion. I would have rather had a stage from A Link Between Worlds over the Spirit Train)

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Yeah I really disliked spirit tracks (but enjoyed phantom hourglass unlike the majority) but gotta admit the spirit tracks stage is really cool and unique. Both Pirate ship and the spirit train are awsome in fact, I love toon zelda universe.

SirCamp

Smash Ace

Really not a lot to it.
I mean if you're going to go that route, both Oracle games would make for great stage backgrounds or even gimmicks due to the time and seasons gimmicks. Even if you're unfamiliar with the games. Seems like a similar enough reason to add them as people liking the train.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Really not a lot to it.

That notion is so laughable I won’t even attempt to debate it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We don't not get stages from older games in long running series because they're "filler" (which is a pointless qualifier) but because they're not recent. Since Brawl, either the stage is a generic representation of the series, or you can tie it to a release that's occurred since the past Smash (unless it's deliberately very retro - like 75m or Mario Bros). The only exceptions are if there's nothing new to draw from, like with Mother and F-Zero. Or Kirby, because Sakurai.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
so... Isaac joining, which Stage we would get?
Which Lighthouse? all the lighthouses in one stage?
Vale, Sol Sactum?
Lemurian ship? Lemuria?
One of the deserts? Cross bone Island?
Isaac's roof? Valt?

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
So my LoZ wants would be Toon Zelda/Tetra/Toon Sheik, Impa, Toon Ganondorf and Vaati. LoZ has way too many one off villains like Skull Kid.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Spirit Tracks got a stage because it was the newest one at the time Smash 3DS came out and the dev team wanted Zelda stages from handheld Zelda stages. The Spirit Train sticks out a lot as a horizontal moving stage and it fits that stage gimmick incredibly well. Heck the Spirit Train is most of what anyone remembers of that game along with that banger of a train theme.

We got Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time 3DS) in Smash 3DS for similar (albeit not the same) reasons (no Ocarina of Time stage, newest handheld remake).

Timing sometimes is everything. If we got a Melee follow up in 2004, we'd have had Isaac playable already for example, as well as a Gen 3 Pokémon. Instead a Melee followup came in 2008, which was a perfect time to add Lucas (without having him replace Ness) and Lucario.

And IDK about which game is the worst. I'm just stating my analysis.

There's a reason why the Zelda stages we have are from all the major games (sans the original but more on that later) in A Link to the Past (Hyrule Castle), Ocarina of Time (Gerudo Valley), Majora's Mask (Great Bay), Wind Waker (Pirate Ship), Twilight Princess (Bridge of Eldin), Skyward Sword (Skyloft) and Breath of the Wild (Great Plateau Tower).

We got Spirit Train (Spirit Train) because of aforementioned reasons and we got Hyrule Temple (Zelda II) because the Temples in Zelda II were super iconic, unique looking and cool and it also fits the Zelda I/II vibe super well. It really feels old and cool.

(Note: this is just my analysis on things, not necessarily my opinion. I would have rather had a stage from A Link Between Worlds over the Spirit Train)
Alright. So going by that logic. Golden Sun shouldn't get anything.

"I mean, it's not a game not critically acclaimed by the masses. The game is so forgettable by the masses and the gaming community. In fact, take out all references and any stages that relate to franchises that aren't popular. JUST PUT IN THE POPULAR AND CRITICALLY ACCALIMED FRANCHISES. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT SMASH IS ABOUT."

No. Smash is about the history of Nintendo. That's why we want Isaac don't we? We come here to give our support, because we know the gaming community itself won't.

The Capcom LoZ games, golden sun, Custom Robo, Sin and Punishment, Geno, and many others.

No matter how big or how small. No matter how good or how bad. They should all be represented in some form. No matter HOW obscure they are.

That's what I believe. Take it or leave it. Because right now, I've said my point.

All we need to do now is support the Golden Boy, Issac. Because we DAMN WELL KNOW we can get him into the spot with our support.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
so... Isaac joining, which Stage we would get?
Which Lighthouse? all the lighthouses in one stage?
Vale, Sol Sactum?
Lemurian ship? Lemuria?
One of the deserts? Cross bone Island?
Isaac's roof? Valt?
Kolima Forest with Tret and Laurel in the brackgroud? I'ts one of the few areas in both Golden Sun and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Or Maybe a travelling stage of weyard? or Lemuria! so many options really

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I actually don't know much about this character, but the amount of people who want him makes me want him, he looks like he would fit in great, hell I might even try one of the golden sun games since the amount of people who love them.
With that being said may I be added to the supporter list True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior
Welcome! Regardless of what happens with Isaac and Smash I highly recommend Golden Sun. If you have a WiiU go for it.

It’s an underrated series that many would say is dead. But I say nay, a franchise is only dead if the fan base lets it die.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I vote for the lighthouse that change every time you play on it, it's too iconic, and I can imagine something as beautiful as the fountain of dream.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
But if Skull Kid does become playable, I would be surprised for a short while but get used to it after a while. No point in being upset when Sakurai always manage to 1-UP himself with every SSB game.

I also have a notepad for my wants for SSB. Come on, Sylux. :-P

alguidrag

Smash Ace
But if Skull Kid does become playable, I would be surprised for a short while but get used to it after a while. No point in being upset when Sakurai always manage to 1-UP himself with every SSB game.

I also have a notepad for my wants for SSB. Come on, Sylux. :-P
if he become playable I will shout "Predictable Sakurai! Now show me a thing I didn't saw coming" Prince Sablé appears "Thanks! Now show Isaac please"

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Kolima Forest with Tret and Laurel in the brackgroud? I'ts one of the few areas in both Golden Sun and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Or Maybe a travelling stage of weyard? or Lemuria! so many options really
I mean the entirety of every game has perfect set pieces for stages. Sol Sanctum, Elemental Star Chamber, Goma Caves, Kolima Forest, All 4 Lighthouses, Tolbi Bound Ship, Colosso, Babi Lighthouse, Lemuria, Magma, Airs, Aqua and Gaia Rock, Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Oh yeah I noticed something
In the base of Mercury Lighthouse we got the Mercury clan
In the base of Jupiter Lighthouse we got the village with Jupiter adepts
In the base of Mars Lighthouse we got the Fire clan of proxy
But in the Venus Lighthouse we got 0 notice of Venus adepts, isn't kinda strange this?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I mean if you're going to go that route, both Oracle games would make for great stage backgrounds or even gimmicks due to the time and seasons gimmicks. Even if you're unfamiliar with the games. Seems like a similar enough reason to add them as people liking the train.
I don't disagree with the gimmicks.

If we were to get more stages from Zelda, only games I think could get a new stage (other than Ganon's Castle as a general and generic location) would be another Breath of the Wild stage, Clock Town from Majora's Mask or something A Link Between Worlds.. at least until a new Zelda game comes out.

\\

Also, there seems to be some misreading in my "filler" comments. The point behind the "filler" comments is that handheld games have historically (especially in the GB/GBC era) made to be beaten quickly and to be shorter, smaller games that rely on a central gimmick or two that are very simple. They're simple and thus forgettable experiences, in contrast to home console releases, which are generally longer, have more gimmicks/mechanics, better/more fleshed out mechanics, and in the GBC era onward could be in full 3D. Most Game Boy/GBC games are in many ways remnants of their time, as they age quite differently than say later SNES games (Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island) or 3D gen 5 games like Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

So of course Nintendo wouldn't make the Oracle games as memorable as say Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask or as heavily marketed; the latter were cutting edge and bigger games with more mechanics. That's not an opinion, that's how game development of that era worked and how these games are marketed. It also applies to Mario, which is why Mario Land 1 and 2 weren't marketed or pushed as "core" Mario games the same way Yoshi's Island or Mario 64 were.

On top of that, the Game Boy/GBC tech-wise were in a few to many ways more limited than the NES tech-wise, and most games of the pre-NES era were of very low replay value (even many single-player NES games had 3-5 levels; only bigger budget/studio pre-NES games had more and longer levels). Add limited battery life and the design of mobile games (to be fun to play in short 5 minute to 1 hour bursts depending on the time), and it's enforced a design philosophy as well.

Not saying you can't like those games (I did), but really the only handheld games of that era made to get a lot of replay value I can think off the top of my head were Pokémon releases (which remain really good at being pick up and play and being games people could go back to after 10 and 100 hours). And even then, Pokémon came around several years after the Game Boy came out and the technology was more developed.

The GBA era kind of broke that since the tech was more similar to the Super Nintendo, which is the era where games realllly started to have more replay value, longer and more levels, etc... which is ultimately what gave us action games like Castlevania and Mega Man Zero on the GBA which finally brought us faster paced action platformers on handheld systems, and gave us longer, more thought out RPG's... like Golden Sun.

Which is a big reason Golden Sun was such a BIG GAME. It sort of represents the ushering in of a new era of handheld games where they felt like Super Nintendo games on the go (but more expanded and in a new era).

(really don't see how this was controversial TBH or why some things being seen as "filler" is bad. Some of my favorite things are filler-ish. Not everything needs to be big or gigantic or super memorable to be great)

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Oh yeah I noticed something
In the base of Mercury Lighthouse we got the Mercury clan
In the base of Jupiter Lighthouse we got the village with Jupiter adepts
In the base of Mars Lighthouse we got the Fire clan of proxy
But in the Venus Lighthouse we got 0 notice of Venus adepts, isn't kinda strange this?
Honestly Venus Adepts as a whole are enigmatic.

Isaac and Felix are just about the only Venus Adepts we know of. Maybe Kyle, but we never see him use Psynergy.

Whereas we know of Multiple Mars, Mercury and Jupiter Adepts over the course of the games.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
We know that Kyle and Felix's father are Venus adepts too, and the people close to Gaia rock, but we saw no adepts close to Venus Lighthouse out of Sheba which fell from the sky and is a Jupiter adept

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. AgatioGanon
  11. Aguki90
  12. airConditioner
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. Banjodorf
  42. bassem6
  43. Bassoonist
  44. Billybae10K
  45. BillyBat
  46. Bingoshi
  47. Bkupa666
  48. Blackwolf666
  49. Blaziken
  50. Blue7113
  51. BluePikmin11
  52. BoltDragon
  53. BoN~
  54. Bowser-Daimao
  55. BravadoMan_13
  56. BridgesWithTurtles
  57. Browny
  58. Buddy002
  59. Bunny8093
  60. BUnit
  61. Burruni
  62. Calamitas
  63. Calane
  64. CactusBlah
  65. candyissweet
  66. Capita
  67. Cap'nChreest
  68. Captain Toad
  69. CardStealer1
  70. Cazzone,
  71. Chapter Serf
  72. CheckmateChuck
  73. CheeseBroJoe
  74. Cheezey Bites
  75. Chromfirmed
  76. Chrono.
  77. ChronoPenguin
  78. clearandsweet
  79. ClinkStryphart
  80. CliffJumper
  81. cocy965
  82. Cos.
  83. Coaltergeist
  84. Crap-Zapper
  85. CrossDispatcher
  86. cybersai
  87. Dalek_Kolt
  88. Darkdarkness
  89. Darkfur
  90. DatoSm
  91. Demonfunds
  92. Dendros
  93. Desert Croc
  94. Destroyer713
  95. Dezeray112
  96. Dhragen
  97. Diddy Kong
  98. Dihan
  99. Dimensionsword64
  100. DivinexRose
  101. DJ3DS
  102. DJBor
  103. D-Man9293
  104. DogManStar
  105. DoodleDuck97
  106. Doncalot
  107. DraginHikari
  108. Drakonis
  109. Dromader
  110. DukeNapoleon
  111. DustyPumpkin
  112. e105beta
  113. Eagle
  114. EclipseSmash
  115. EddyBearr
  116. ED Cantu
  117. Edlocke
  118. egaddmario
  119. ElPanandero
  120. El Syd
  121. EndlessChrom
  122. EndlessRain
  123. EnhaloTricks
  124. EricTheGamerman
  125. Essora
  126. ETFruitNinja
  127. ethanrodgers223
  128. Ezequileste
  129. Falgor
  130. Falkoopa
  131. False Sense
  132. FamiconDisk
  133. Felix_the_Slayer
  134. fenyx4
  135. ferioku
  136. Fire Rider
  137. Fire_Voyager
  138. FirstBlade
  139. Flareon
  140. Flik
  141. Flintike
  142. Flynn.Scifo
  143. fogbadge.
  144. foolssigma
  145. FrankAL
  146. FreddyOnDrugs
  147. Friesnchip
  148. Frosty Pops
  149. GalacticPetey
  150. Gameguy1996
  151. Gazorpazorpfield
  152. Geno Boost
  153. ghastmine
  154. Ghirahilda
  155. Gioka
  156. GladiusVortex
  157. GM_3826
  158. GoldenBoy01
  159. Golden Icarus
  160. GoodGrief741
  161. Gotann
  162. GraveEclipse567
  163. Hakerson
  164. heylodom
  165. Holdenon
  166. hustler713
  167. Huanchi
  168. hwrdjacob
  169. iam8bit
  170. Icana
  171. iDazedX_x
  172. Inawordyes
  173. IntelliHeath1
  174. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  175. isaac3000
  176. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  177. IsaacOrRiot
  178. Isaac: Venus Adept
  179. Istry555
  180. ItsRainingGravy
  181. IvanQuote
  182. JaidynReiman
  183. Jak_spoon
  184. JamesDNaux
  185. James Tutumbero
  186. Jamurai
  187. JarBear
  188. JDogindy
  189. JesseMcCloud
  190. Johnknight1
  191. JohnnySparkxs
  192. Jupiter Ivan
  193. Jurae818
  194. Just a random scrub
  195. jweb22
  196. Kalomaze
  197. KCCHIEFS27
  198. KeniththeGatherer
  199. KeybladeSmasher
  200. KHJason95
  201. Kikaru
  202. Kind Dedede
  203. KingCloud
  204. KingShadow
  205. KiraYoshikage
  206. KirbyDragon
  207. Kirbyfan391
  208. Kisae
  209. Klimax
  210. KMDP
  211. KoalaNut
  212. Kokirikory
  213. Koori
  214. Kremling Man
  215. Kumatora
  216. KurouKamen
  217. Kycse
  218. Lady Palutena
  219. Lampy
  220. LaniusShrike
  221. lanky_gunner
  222. LasermasterA
  223. Leafeon523
  224. LeeYawshee
  225. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  226. legendofrob1
  227. LemmyKoopa
  228. lightdasher
  229. LightheartedBum
  230. Lightosia
  231. Linq
  232. Lisbon Mapping
  233. littl-myth
  234. Liverpool19
  235. Lone (Thirteenth)
  236. Lonodel
  237. Lord-Zero
  238. Lucanic
  239. Lucimar
  240. Ludjinnado
  241. lunarum
  242. Lukingordex
  243. Lurxy
  244. Lynn Eslie
  245. M23-X0
  246. MacSmitty
  247. MagiusNecros
  248. MAGMIS
  249. MainJPW
  250. Malcolm Belmont
  251. MaskO'Gears
  252. Master Rapier
  253. MasterMushroom
  254. Mav485
  255. McLapras
  256. Mega Bidoof
  257. Mendelsin
  258. MetalMario128
  259. Metocles
  260. Miifighters4Smash5
  261. Minato Arisato
  262. Mikegamer0608
  263. Mishudo
  264. Monkokaio
  265. MonopolyRubix
  266. MorbidAltruism
  267. Moydow
  268. MrGame&Rock
  269. MrMacBeth
  270. MrToxicVoltage
  271. Muirkat
  272. Mythzotick
  273. mynameisv
  274. MysticKnives
  275. N1N
  276. N3ON
  277. Nauzgo
  278. Neo Zero
  279. NessAtc.
  280. Niala
  281. Nimbostratus
  282. Ninjakid41592
  283. Nintandy
  284. Nintendokusou
  285. NitrusVirus
  286. NonSpecificGuy
  287. NoOtherPersona
  288. NoR4U
  289. Nossnitro102
  290. Octillus
  291. Oddyesy
  292. oh.glory
  293. OhMyBanana54
  294. Olo
  295. Oniric Spriter
  296. OptimisticStrifer
  297. Oracle_Summon
  298. Organization XIII
  299. osby
  300. otarolgam
  301. Oz37
  302. Pacack
  303. Papagenos
  304. ParanoidDrone
  305. Pcubed007
  306. Pennate
  307. Phaazoid
  308. PhilosophicAnimal
  309. pholtos
  310. Pizza Robo
  311. P.Kat
  312. Plain Yogurt
  313. Playcube
  314. PlayfulMushroom
  315. POKEMANSPIKA
  316. Powerman293
  317. praline
  318. PSIguy89
  319. PSYNergy
  320. PrinceGal3n
  321. PurpleStuff5
  322. PWN3
  323. Pwnapplez
  324. QcSlayer
  325. Quetzal77
  326. R.O.B.
  327. Radical Beam
  328. Radori
  329. Raetah
  330. Raykz
  331. Raziek
  332. Red Dasher
  333. Red Ryu
  334. RegiGygas117
  335. RenH
  336. Replica
  337. Retro gamer
  338. RhymeswithEmpty
  339. Roger Smith
  340. RosaPeach
  341. Royaru
  342. Royvolution Ream
  343. RumpletrellskiN
  344. Ryan
  345. Ryuji
  346. Ryuutakeshi
  347. Sabrewulf238
  348. Saer2k
  349. Sagittarius
  350. Salocin
  351. sandfall
  352. SanicJan
  353. Scatmansworld25
  354. Scoliosis Jones
  355. scoobymcsnack
  356. Seb9k+
  357. Secret Sexytime
  358. Seleir
  359. Seoxys
  360. sheik93
  361. shellshocker18
  362. Shin F.
  363. Shinhed-echi
  364. Shog
  365. Sidboylol
  366. Silo777
  367. SirCamp
  368. Skeleton o' Fun
  369. SkullKidKing
  370. Skyblade12
  371. Skyfox2000
  372. sman3975
  373. Smash_Handle69
  374. SmashBro99
  375. smashkirby
  376. SmashShadow
  377. smashtriforce77
  378. smileMasky
  379. SmilingMad
  380. SMX
  381. Solfiner
  382. someonetookjacob
  383. SonicLink125
  384. SonicSmasher
  385. SoraSaturn
  386. SorrowOfAcheron
  387. SoulofKhaos
  388. Soulsaint
  389. Spatman
  390. Spazzy_D
  391. Speedwagon
  392. spoilerowl
  393. Spootondorf
  394. Sqid
  395. SSBFan
  396. Staarih
  397. StaffofSmashing
  398. Strider_Bond00J
  399. StrikeBlade
  400. SuperBrawler
  401. Superfiremario
  402. SuperNintendoKid
  403. Supersmash77
  404. Superyoshiom
  405. Swampasaur
  406. Sykin
  407. Takasmash
  408. TBone06
  409. tbuster766
  410. TCT~Phantom
  411. Techno1000
  412. TeenGirlSquad
  413. TehEpicRyuga
  414. TempestSurge
  415. Tetiro
  416. ThatShadowLink
  417. THE 6r
  418. The Curious Volnutt
  419. The One Who Wrote This
  420. Thekewlusername
  421. T-Hell
  422. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  423. TheSeanMan
  424. TheSpaceKing
  425. The Stoopid Unikorn
  426. TheTactician
  427. THE TemporaryFool
  428. thethirdkoopa
  429. TheZoologist
  430. ThirdDay
  431. ThoughtfulWanderer
  432. ThunderOverload
  433. TiaSilvia
  434. TimeSmash
  435. Tiymako
  436. ToothiestAura
  437. topspin1617
  438. Travix Man
  439. True Blue Warrior
  440. Turmalinium
  441. tveye
  442. UltimateWario
  443. Ultinarok
  444. User Name String
  445. Vann Accessible
  446. Vegito2727
  447. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  448. Vintage Creep
  449. Violenceman
  450. walph
  451. warelander
  452. Warheart_666
  453. Wigglytuff ★
  454. winterofsilver
  455. Wintropy
  456. WhiteEaglePL
  457. Xelion
  458. Xenigma
  459. XenoWarriorX
  460. XeVioN
  461. Xiivi
  462. xLemmy_KoopaX
  463. xpnc
  464. XTremeGamer1234
  465. XxLtxX
  466. YellowLord
  467. Yoh
  468. Yoshi444
  469. YoshiandToad
  470. Young Horsetail
  471. Your Hero
  472. YwhaletailY
  473. Zabadoo
  474. zagman505
  475. zaiman12345
  476. Zandro
  477. ZanZero
  478. ZarroTsu
  479. ZeldaMaster
  480. ZelDan
  481. ZestyÑ
  482. zferolie
  483. Zulyar
  484. Zuppo

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't disagree with the gimmicks.

If we were to get more stages from Zelda, only games I think could get a new stage (other than Ganon's Castle as a general and generic location) would be another Breath of the Wild stage, Clock Town from Majora's Mask or something A Link Between Worlds.. at least until a new Zelda game comes out.

\\

Also, there seems to be some misreading in my "filler" comments. The point behind the "filler" comments is that handheld games have historically (especially in the GB/GBC era) made to be beaten quickly and to be shorter, smaller games that rely on a central gimmick or two that are very simple. They're simple and thus forgettable experiences, in contrast to home console releases, which are generally longer, have more gimmicks/mechanics, better/more fleshed out mechanics, and in the GBC era onward could be in full 3D. Most Game Boy/GBC games are in many ways remnants of their time, as they age quite differently than say later SNES games (Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island) or 3D gen 5 games like Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

So of course Nintendo wouldn't make the Oracle games as memorable as say Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask or as heavily marketed; the latter were cutting edge and bigger games with more mechanics. That's not an opinion, that's how game development of that era worked and how these games are marketed. It also applies to Mario, which is why Mario Land 1 and 2 weren't marketed or pushed as "core" Mario games the same way Yoshi's Island or Mario 64 were.

On top of that, the Game Boy/GBC tech-wise were in a few to many ways more limited than the NES tech-wise, and most games of the pre-NES era were of very low replay value (even many single-player NES games had 3-5 levels; only bigger budget/studio pre-NES games had more and longer levels). Add limited battery life and the design of mobile games (to be fun to play in short 5 minute to 1 hour bursts depending on the time), and it's enforced a design philosophy as well.

Not saying you can't like those games (I did), but really the only handheld games of that era made to get a lot of replay value I can think off the top of my head were Pokémon releases (which remain really good at being pick up and play and being games people could go back to after 10 and 100 hours). And even then, Pokémon came around several years after the Game Boy came out and the technology was more developed.

The GBA era kind of broke that since the tech was more similar to the Super Nintendo, which is the era where games realllly started to have more replay value, longer and more levels, etc... which is ultimately what gave us action games like Castlevania and Mega Man Zero on the GBA which finally brought us faster paced action platformers on handheld systems, and gave us longer, more thought out RPG's... like Golden Sun.

Which is a big reason Golden Sun was such a BIG GAME. It sort of represents the ushering in of a new era of handheld games where they felt like Super Nintendo games on the go (but more expanded and in a new era).

(really don't see how this was controversial TBH or why some things being seen as "filler" is bad. Some of my favorite things are filler-ish. Not everything needs to be big or gigantic or super memorable to be great)
I mean, Golden sun wasn't really a big game.

It's not talked about like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Earthbound, or even **** like SMT.

And really, for such a "big game" it sure is pretty short for an RPG.

Also, I'd argue the temple from Zelda 2 is one of the least interesting Zelda location I can think of. It's just a temple. That's it. "Iconic" is all but a load of ****.

And we also have tons of music/ and even some stages from the GB/GBC era of Nintendo. So again, that statement on GB/GBC games being "forgettable" experiences is complete horse**** when you remember that link's Awakening, a masterpiece, was on the gameboy.

So, yeah. IMG_2977.GIF

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
We know that Kyle and Felix's father are Venus adepts too, and the people close to Gaia rock, but we saw no adepts close to Venus Lighthouse out of Sheba which fell from the sky and is a Jupiter adept
Aaaaah I’d forgotten about the people of Izumo. Alright my bad.

As for Sheba, we’ll the theory regarding her (also my favorite unexplained thing in the game) would actually explain that.

The theory is that Sheba is a child from Anemos. The ancient city that was once near Contigo. The ancient city was levitated by the powerful Jupiter Adepts that lived there and this hunk of rock became Weyards Moon. Sheba inexplicably falling from the sky would make sense if she came from there. Her landing near Lalivero is just where the moon happened to be hanging over at that time.

Top Bottom