• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Cool idea. Though it wouldn't make much sense obscuring Isaac with the sun since the second Saturos showed up we'd know who it was.

Though I guess the same was true for K. Rool.

Really I'd probably end up recognising the architecture of Venus Lighthouse the second the trailer started. Or if there were any "mysterious" psynergy sounds it'd give the game away.
True but most of us here are die hard Golden Sun fans. Of course were going to notice a golden sun trailer based off of the surrounding area lol. Blurring out Isaac would probably through off people who don't know Golden Sun as well. It was just an idea that popped into my head though.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Speaking of the purple and yellow chairs, I saw someone suggest that they could be hinting at Rayman (hair + body) and now I'm really questioning if Skull Kid is being hinted at all.
Hm. That could be possible.

However, those chair colors could mean anything or nothing. (Besides, if patterns are nonexisting, then wouldn't sakurai want to hint in a different way?)

Sakurai: Okay, so i'll set up this background to look like a DKC setting with backgrounds and all. No one will expect a thing.

Everyone notices it, and now they're expecting the background to mean something for the next one.

Think about it. It's crazy. But what if Sakurai is intentionally throwing us off and hinting it to us in a different way? *wink wink nudge nudge.*

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well if I was Sakurai I would make fake hints, and watch the circus catch fire while I'm drinking my coup of Fan tear while I'm writting in my Death Deconfirmed note

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of the purple and yellow chairs, I saw someone suggest that they could be hinting at Rayman (hair + body) and now I'm really questioning if Skull Kid is being hinted at all.
I mean, the chairs could be hair colours: Gardevoir, Shantae and Isaac.

You can make them mean anything with enough thought.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, for King K Roll it was way more obvious, a rope ladder and a yellow/red barrel. Skull Kid may have been hinted, but it's just not as defenitive as the King K Roll background.

If we consider that the hint are shown before a character reveal (King hints and reveal the next announcement), Isaac should be the next one unless Skull Kid was really getting hint at.

Isaac is in Boys, the tweets...

Link=Isaac, silent protagonist
Marth=Garet, Marth real name if you traduce it from Japanese is MARS, just like in the FE OVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbgVuEsmrlo&t=9s at 0:05 boys and ladies.

Edit: GOD I LOVE OVA GORDIN, BEST ARCHER!!!

Shulk=Ivan, both can see into the future.

Guys, this is not a random tweet, I know that you were let down since the brawl era, but this is HAPPENING NOW, in 2018, stop behing delusional, Sakurai is not the kind to troll a community or post false hope.

Last edited:

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
Like I said, for King K Roll it was way more obvious, a rope ladder and a yellow/red barrel. Skull Kid may have been hinted, but it's just not as defenitive as the King K Roll background.

If we consider that the hint are shown before a character reveal (King hints and reveal the next announcement), Isaac should be the next one unless Skull Kid was really getting hint at.

Marth=Garet, Marth real name if you traduce it from Japanese is MARS, just like in the FE OVA

Guys, this is not a random tweet, I know that you were let down since the brawl era, but this is HAPPENING NOW, in 2018, stop behing delusional, Sakurai is not the kind to troll a community or post false hope.
As much as I really want Isaac in Smash Ultimate, he is not 100% in until Sakurai says it himself.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

You know, I always wondered why Marth would take the place of Garet if it were a GS reference, but his Japanese name completely slipped my mind and how could I with gems like this and now it fits another one of the puzzle pieces.

Even so, I can't be completely convinced that tweet isn't just a coincidence until I see Isaac for myself.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
As much as I really want Isaac in Smash Ultimate, he is not 100% in until Sakurai says it himself.
Well... no one are 100%, and maybe he is just acting like the other fanbases that say that their character is alredy in the game even if Sakurai don't said... so I can forgive that

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Wait? Since when could Ivan see the future? I thought the Shulk=Ivan comparison was that the both had a special weapon enemies wanted (Monado and Shamons Rod) and that they both had a special ability (See the future and Mind Read).

Either way, makes me wonder how the Smash community will react when they see Isaac's trailer. I can't wait for that to happen.

Call me crazy, but the chairs and couch make me think of Isaac and Felix more than they do Skull Kid. But I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on that. ;)

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Wait? Since when could Ivan see the future? I thought the Shulk=Ivan comparison was that the both had a special weapon enemies wanted (Monado and Shamons Rod) and that they both had a special ability (See the future and Mind Read).
Straight from the wiki: Hama tells Ivan that as a Jupiter Adept, he has the same power of prediction and foresight she possesses and merely has not realized its usability yet.
So basically, a Jupiter Adept has the power of prediction, he just never unlocked it due to never needing to.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
I forgot Hama said that. Well the photo must have been a Golden Sun reference. I wasn't convinced at first but now I am.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I find it so strange that Dark Samus and Chrom are considered "echos", but Dr. Mario, Roy, Toon Link and Young Link aren't.

I'm honestly thinking only Dark Pit and Lucina were labeled like that due to their negative reception in 4. xD
Dr. Mario, Roy, Toon Link and Young Link all have unique attacks.

Just Toon Link alone has the following different moves/functions of moves: Down B, Side B, at least 1 tilt, 2 or all 3 Smash attacks, grab (Link's is now not a tether), Z-Air, and at least 3 aerials.

As games go on, clones get further and further away from their base character. 3 out of 4 of Link's B attacks have changed entirely, and his Boomerang has changed entirely twice. And even then, the entirety of how Link's spin attack has changed altered a ton from 64 to Melee and got new functionality in Brawl/Smash 4 on top of that.

Lucina and Dark Pit are just altered Marth (without a tipper and maybe some different multi-hit stuff?) and Pit (just a few altered moves) in Smash 4. Yes they may function differently, but none of their offense (Final Smash aside) are new. Everything is borrowed.

Now they can move differently, have slightly different sizes and maybe they could also have slightly different weights, but that is it.

All Echo Fighters so far are a copy of one character with the exception of Chrom. Chrom has Ike's up B and at least 2 other attacks (from what we can tell) but is an Echo of Roy otherwise (with a unique Final Smash to boot taken straight out of Awakening). Which makes the future of Echo Fighters... weird.

Like... it opens up to Ken as a Ryu Echo maybe borrowing some properties of Mario/Luigi for attacks (Mario/Luigi in Smash's base is basically the classic Street Fighter shoto fighter like Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sakura/Dan/Sean/etc) to more match his Street Fighter II + Alpha series gameplay (plus his own 2 special Final Smashes), and maybe Shadow as an Echo getting a gun (and a Chaos Control Final Smash).

And there are certainly other properties or executions of it + clones in Smash. Which is why I'm just telling people... if we truly get at least 4 more Echo Fighters and/or clones at launch, we could get some wild DLC Echo Fighter and/or clone choices as DLC. Like... Sephiroth crazy just to throw it out there. I sound crazy, but I think it's possible, just because this dev team is actually breaking convention for everything and anything. They're insane (AND I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT, AND I WANT MORE!).
OH YEAH GOLDEN SUN ASSIST TROPHIES WOULD BE SICK.
I would think it would be cool if Matthew was the Assist Trophy character and he was basically the Isaac Assist Trophy from Brawl.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Straight from the wiki: Hama tells Ivan that as a Jupiter Adept, he has the same power of prediction and foresight she possesses and merely has not realized its usability yet.
So basically, a Jupiter Adept has the power of prediction, he just never unlocked it due to never needing to.

Thanks, I'l have to update that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Personally, I would love it if Sora got in (especially with a Riku echo). He would be my second choice after Isaac (or third after Felix).
Think it would be Roxas as an Echo (though Roxas could be an alt character while Riku is an Echo too).
That said what character final reveal could have a big enough shock factor to top Ridley, K rool and possibly characters like Isaac's reveal ? If I think of it that way I can see Sora happening.
P sure Sora is gonna happen regardless now lol. Sora could be the new Cloud... where's DLC, hype as hell, and just comes out of nowhere.

I like (not love) Kingdom Hearts' gameplay (in my opinion the story/lore/many interactions and characters are bad but eh), but man...

...Would be neat to see Sora in Smash. Imagine all these 7 playable Fire Emblem characters, 8 (current) playable Pokémon characters (plus whichever inevitable Gen 7 mon we get), all 8 playable Mario characters, Ness, Lucas, Shulk, Isaac, Geno, AND Sora playable in the game.

That is an insane amount of traditional-ish RPG characters that are playable. Would be sick to see all of those match ups! (which is heavily an underrated part of this INSANE PLAYABLE ROSTER!)

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
If Venus Lighthouse became a stage, on occasion you'd see Felix jump off the side of the stage.

If Felix joins the battle on the stage, Alfonzo will take over jumping over the edge.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was more into Golden Sun Realm TBH though the two seem to be damn near identical. Except Realm to this day looks visually appealing.

Both Sites, while operational, are kinda dead. Also just a quick look at Realms shows that the fanfic section has recently been updated with a new story. The first in a long time.... and it’s a hentai... yeah ok no.

Sigh... there used to be such neat stories. I even made a few.
Damn, somebody already leaking the new Smash Bros Ultimate game mode!!!
:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
he is 100% teased that's for sure, lol
Isaac is being teased like crazy.

The only character that feels teased more is Skull Kid and (maybe) Shadow and Ken.

And we are probably getting all 4 of them in Smash Ultimate, probably in the base game too.
-The Termania stage being constantly shown
-The new Termania Field theme remix
-The Moon assist trophy character
-Skull Kid Assist Trophy being curiously missing.

Skull Kid is being teased hardcore.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Play The Lost Age. I myself never played Dark Dawn, and even thiugh everyone said it was worse than the GBA games, I enjoyed it as much. Grown to appriciate it for what it is. You'll not regret playing TLA, but make sure you link the code you get for finishing the first game to TLA. The puzzles of TLA and it's overall scenery is definitely a huge improvement over the first game. At least, that's my opinion. You really should try to play at least TLA.
Ill definitely give it another try! My issue was time and school lol, but at this point, time isn't an issue.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Venus Lighthouse became a stage, on occasion you'd see Felix jump of the side of the stage.

If Felix joins the battle on the stage, Alfonzo will take over jumping over the edge.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
It is an interesting conundrum as to what the stage would be. The Mercury Lighthouse would be a great locale, and the Venus Lighthouse is probably "the pick."

But I think it would be really cool if it were Mt. Aleph. IDK, maybe it's just me that would like that. But irregardless, I would be happy with ANY Golden Sun stage (as long as it isn't terrible to play lol).

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
There's been an emphasis on new franchises getting tons of songs, so I think 15-25 is the realistic range for Golden Sun.

Would be an incredible step-up from the whopping 2 that Smash 4 had which is still just as much as Final Fantasy got
This is another thing to bring up, but currently we really don't have any idea where the song total is coming from. There are 500 songs in Sm4sh and there are supposedly 900 songs with fanfare and menu stuff in Ultimate. Not sure if the 500 was the same (with smash exclusive music). You really do have to wonder how that total is being beefed up as many of the songs are already drawn from their respective series already and many of the series haven't had a completely new game to draw from. Even if they do, like BotW, Odyssey and Splatoon 1 & 2 we know roughly how much each of those are offering.

What I'm wondering is if the new songs are coming from new series that have a lot of music to draw from. In this, Golden Sun would make a lot of sense between 3 games. You'd instantly have your 20-40 songs they've been roughly taking from each newcomer. Others can obviously be similar, i.e. Banjo, however; there are yet others that don't fall into this category. Basically because their series is already in the game already. Skull Kid, for instance I'm sure would boost the amount of MM music in the game, but is it really going to be 20 songs worth? Not so sure, with such a gigantic library of Zelda music to choose from, they would probably pick and choose from each from each game in the series and end up with a good total including those tracks.

You have to make up the difference of 400 songs.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really want to see Alfonzo as an adept now:laugh:
I just want Alfonzo to be the default "background guy" in all Smash stages now TBH.

Like if you got Assist Trophies on and Tingle returns as an Assist Trophy character, then Alfonzo takes Tingle's spot on Great Bay... and also as The Moon too!!! :laugh:
We need new leaks to discuss, where are all the good fake leakers ?
My best experimental fake leak in Smash 4 was that "Dr. Mario was in the game" and I also guessed the time of Diddy Kong's reveal. Also hinted at something Duck Hunt and said Pac-Man was in the game IIRC.

I believe I did it with Swampasaur and someone else... and it was scary how right we were.

Also, a group of us + other people created a Kas-MOS or whatever (some Namco Bandai character) hype train after someone else we knew made a fake leak....

...and for some reason, it still lives on and people actually support is super hard now. I don't even know what or who the character is or the series lmao.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
This is another thing to bring up, but currently we really don't have any idea where the song total is coming from. There are 500 songs in Sm4sh and there are supposedly 900 songs with fanfare and menu stuff in Ultimate. Not sure if the 500 was the same (with smash exclusive music). You really do have to wonder how that total is being beefed up as many of the songs are already drawn from their respective series already and many of the series haven't had a completely new game to draw from. Even if they do, like BotW, Odyssey and Splatoon 1 & 2 we know roughly how much each of those are offering.

What I'm wondering is if the new songs are coming from new series that have a lot of music to draw from. In this, Golden Sun would make a lot of sense between 3 games. You'd instantly have your 20-40 songs they've been roughly taking from each newcomer. Others can obviously be similar, i.e. Banjo, however; there are yet others that don't fall into this category. Basically because their series is already in the game already. Skull Kid, for instance I'm sure would boost the amount of MM music in the game, but is it really going to be 20 songs worth? Not so sure, with such a gigantic library of Zelda music to choose from, they would probably pick and choose from each from each game in the series and end up with a good total including those tracks.

You have to make up the difference of 400 songs.
This post adds up the math and says that we currently have 608 songs accounted for, assuming that no songs from Smash 4 are lost. There's still around 200 unaccounted tracks left. While we could likely expect increases in every franchise (imo, most strongly in Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade, and probably Mega Man), it'd be hard to feasibly come up with so many that wouldn't leave room for a new franchise or two to join.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This post adds up the math and says that we currently have 608 songs accounted for, assuming that no songs from Smash 4 are lost. There's still around 200 unaccounted tracks left. While we could likely expect increases in every franchise (imo, most strongly in Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade, and probably Mega Man), it'd be hard to feasibly come up with so many that wouldn't leave room for a new franchise or two to join.
If I had to guess, we are getting at least a dozen new Mario and Zelda songs just based on the new stage, up to a dozen even. I wouldn't be shocked if we had over a dozen songs from both Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Also not sure how much this post accounts for all the returning 64, Melee and Brawl songs. We've also had plenty of remixes of songs from those stages and games. Also, Subspace Emissary had a crapton of songs (well remixes of the Brawl theme LMAO) that weren't in Smash 4. Like... we're talking at least 2 dozen.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hopefully with how much they've been pushing music in Smash Ultimate (900 tracks, playlist feature, able to use Switch as a music device), Kirby and DK will get much better music representation this time around. the new Gangplank Galleon is a start.

To bring it back to Golden Sun, if Isaac makes it in, I could see a dozen musical tracks making it in or a little more than that.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

For me, besides the character choices, the background is what makes me more curious. This could be just a cool picture and don't mean anything at all, but taking the picture in the Colesseum, which looks just like the Colosseum is weird. It can be just a coincidence but a pretty odd one because it looks just like a Golden Sun reference (And I doubt nobody told Sakurai what it looks like)

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
So what you're saying is you want ET for Smash.

Games on Nintendo Consoles that Cloud has appeared in:
  1. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
  2. Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
  3. Theatrythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call
He's had Nintendo appearances, just not major ones.
Yes, I'm aware of these but you sure realize how poor this is as an excuse to justify his inclusion as he was just a guest / cameo.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
DLC echoes could be the only thing free or severely cheap. For the most part, it appears that regular DLC costs appear to be based upon the work required to make them + licensing where applicable. Bundles are cheaper. Though I can't say for sure, as I'd have to look into the exact prices and do a lot of comparisons/math.

But yeah, paying for "what are almost entirely costumes on regular characters" isn't very popular. Even moreso, there were a lot of complaints on the Mii Costumes being overpriced for what they were. Of course, I didn't feel the Smash DLC was unfairly priced, but I get what the point is. When you're not paying for actual hard playable differences, you feel cheated. It's like how overpriced Amiibo Festival was, considering it only had two Amiibo. 30 dollars would've made sense for the actual content required(lots of amiibo).
On other games like League it is common for players to purchase skins for characters. But they are not shown to be a unique character with a copied moveset. They are only made so people could differentiate from other players and show their love for their favorite characters that they use. So in that situation it is clearly defined why you are buying the skins. Buying echoes is entering a grey area for some as it could make people feel like they don't have all of the games content, because they don't have certain "characters".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do people still say Isaac would be "just another swordsman?" Like, he probably wouldn't even have to use his sword lol. I guess he probably should for a couple attacks, just because he could use a couple quick and simple moves. He could be like Ganondorf and only use it in his taunt lol.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. AgatioGanon
  11. Aguki90
  12. airConditioner
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. Banjodorf
  42. bassem6
  43. Bassoonist
  44. Billybae10K
  45. BillyBat
  46. Bingoshi
  47. Bkupa666
  48. Blackwolf666
  49. Blaziken
  50. Blue7113
  51. BluePikmin11
  52. BoltDragon
  53. BoN~
  54. Bowser-Daimao
  55. BravadoMan_13
  56. BridgesWithTurtles
  57. Browny
  58. Buddy002
  59. Bunny8093
  60. BUnit
  61. Burruni
  62. Calamitas
  63. Calane
  64. CactusBlah
  65. candyissweet
  66. Capita
  67. Cap'nChreest
  68. Captain Toad
  69. CardStealer1
  70. Cazzone,
  71. Chapter Serf
  72. CheckmateChuck
  73. CheeseBroJoe
  74. Cheezey Bites
  75. Chromfirmed
  76. Chrono.
  77. ChronoPenguin
  78. clearandsweet
  79. ClinkStryphart
  80. CliffJumper
  81. cocy965
  82. Cos.
  83. Coaltergeist
  84. Crap-Zapper
  85. CrossDispatcher
  86. cybersai
  87. Dalek_Kolt
  88. Darkdarkness
  89. Darkfur
  90. DatoSm
  91. Dendros
  92. Desert Croc
  93. Destroyer713
  94. Dezeray112
  95. Dhragen
  96. Diddy Kong
  97. Dihan
  98. Dimensionsword64
  99. DivinexRose
  100. DJ3DS
  101. DJBor
  102. D-Man9293
  103. DogManStar
  104. DoodleDuck97
  105. Doncalot
  106. DraginHikari
  107. Drakonis
  108. Dromader
  109. DukeNapoleon
  110. DustyPumpkin
  111. e105beta
  112. Eagle
  113. EclipseSmash
  114. EddyBearr
  115. ED Cantu
  116. Edlocke
  117. egaddmario
  118. ElPanandero
  119. El Syd
  120. EndlessChrom
  121. EndlessRain
  122. EnhaloTricks
  123. EricTheGamerman
  124. Essora
  125. ETFruitNinja
  126. ethanrodgers223
  127. Ezequileste
  128. Falgor
  129. Falkoopa
  130. False Sense
  131. FamiconDisk
  132. Felix_the_Slayer
  133. fenyx4
  134. ferioku
  135. Fire Rider
  136. Fire_Voyager
  137. FirstBlade
  138. Flareon
  139. Flik
  140. Flintike
  141. Flynn.Scifo
  142. fogbadge.
  143. foolssigma
  144. FrankAL
  145. FreddyOnDrugs
  146. Friesnchip
  147. Frosty Pops
  148. GalacticPetey
  149. Gameguy1996
  150. Gazorpazorpfield
  151. Geno Boost
  152. ghastmine
  153. Ghirahilda
  154. Gioka
  155. GladiusVortex
  156. GM_3826
  157. GoldenBoy01
  158. Golden Icarus
  159. GoodGrief741
  160. Gotann
  161. GraveEclipse567
  162. Hakerson
  163. heylodom
  164. Holdenon
  165. hustler713
  166. Huanchi
  167. hwrdjacob
  168. iam8bit
  169. Icana
  170. iDazedX_x
  171. Inawordyes
  172. IntelliHeath1
  173. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  174. isaac3000
  175. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  176. IsaacOrRiot
  177. Isaac: Venus Adept
  178. Istry555
  179. ItsRainingGravy
  180. IvanQuote
  181. JaidynReiman
  182. Jak_spoon
  183. JamesDNaux
  184. James Tutumbero
  185. Jamurai
  186. JarBear
  187. JDogindy
  188. JesseMcCloud
  189. Johnknight1
  190. JohnnySparkxs
  191. Jupiter Ivan
  192. Jurae818
  193. Just a random scrub
  194. jweb22
  195. Kalomaze
  196. KCCHIEFS27
  197. KeniththeGatherer
  198. KeybladeSmasher
  199. KHJason95
  200. Kikaru
  201. Kind Dedede
  202. KingCloud
  203. KingShadow
  204. KiraYoshikage
  205. KirbyDragon
  206. Kirbyfan391
  207. Kisae
  208. Klimax
  209. KMDP
  210. KoalaNut
  211. Kokirikory
  212. Koori
  213. Kremling Man
  214. Kumatora
  215. KurouKamen
  216. Kycse
  217. Lady Palutena
  218. Lampy
  219. LaniusShrike
  220. lanky_gunner
  221. LasermasterA
  222. Leafeon523
  223. LeeYawshee
  224. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  225. legendofrob1
  226. LemmyKoopa
  227. lightdasher
  228. LightheartedBum
  229. Lightosia
  230. Linq
  231. Lisbon Mapping
  232. littl-myth
  233. Liverpool19
  234. Lone (Thirteenth)
  235. Lonodel
  236. Lord-Zero
  237. Lucanic
  238. Lucimar
  239. Ludjinnado
  240. lunarum
  241. Lukingordex
  242. Lurxy
  243. Lynn Eslie
  244. M23-X0
  245. MacSmitty
  246. MagiusNecros
  247. MAGMIS
  248. MainJPW
  249. Malcolm Belmont
  250. MaskO'Gears
  251. Master Rapier
  252. MasterMushroom
  253. Mav485
  254. McLapras
  255. Mega Bidoof
  256. Mendelsin
  257. MetalMario128
  258. Metocles
  259. Miifighters4Smash5
  260. Minato Arisato
  261. Mikegamer0608
  262. Mishudo
  263. Monkokaio
  264. MonopolyRubix
  265. MorbidAltruism
  266. Moydow
  267. MrGame&Rock
  268. MrMacBeth
  269. MrToxicVoltage
  270. Muirkat
  271. Mythzotick
  272. mynameisv
  273. MysticKnives
  274. N1N
  275. N3ON
  276. Nauzgo
  277. Neo Zero
  278. NessAtc.
  279. Niala
  280. Nimbostratus
  281. Ninjakid41592
  282. Nintandy
  283. Nintendokusou
  284. NitrusVirus
  285. NonSpecificGuy
  286. NoOtherPersona
  287. NoR4U
  288. Nossnitro102
  289. Octillus
  290. Oddyesy
  291. oh.glory
  292. OhMyBanana54
  293. Olo
  294. Oniric Spriter
  295. OptimisticStrifer
  296. Oracle_Summon
  297. Organization XIII
  298. osby
  299. otarolgam
  300. Oz37
  301. Pacack
  302. Papagenos
  303. ParanoidDrone
  304. Pcubed007
  305. Pennate
  306. Phaazoid
  307. PhilosophicAnimal
  308. pholtos
  309. Pizza Robo
  310. P.Kat
  311. Plain Yogurt
  312. Playcube
  313. PlayfulMushroom
  314. POKEMANSPIKA
  315. Powerman293
  316. praline
  317. PSIguy89
  318. PSYNergy
  319. PrinceGal3n
  320. PurpleStuff5
  321. PWN3
  322. Pwnapplez
  323. QcSlayer
  324. Quetzal77
  325. R.O.B.
  326. Radical Beam
  327. Radori
  328. Raetah
  329. Raykz
  330. Raziek
  331. Red Dasher
  332. Red Ryu
  333. RegiGygas117
  334. RenH
  335. Replica
  336. Retro gamer
  337. RhymeswithEmpty
  338. Roger Smith
  339. RosaPeach
  340. Royaru
  341. Royvolution Ream
  342. RumpletrellskiN
  343. Ryan
  344. Ryuji
  345. Ryuutakeshi
  346. Sabrewulf238
  347. Saer2k
  348. Sagittarius
  349. Salocin
  350. sandfall
  351. SanicJan
  352. Scatmansworld25
  353. Scoliosis Jones
  354. scoobymcsnack
  355. Seb9k+
  356. Secret Sexytime
  357. Seleir
  358. Seoxys
  359. sheik93
  360. Shin F.
  361. Shinhed-echi
  362. Shog
  363. Sidboylol
  364. Silo777
  365. SirCamp
  366. Skeleton o' Fun
  367. SkullKidKing
  368. Skyblade12
  369. Skyfox2000
  370. sman3975
  371. Smash_Handle69
  372. SmashBro99
  373. smashkirby
  374. SmashShadow
  375. smashtriforce77
  376. smileMasky
  377. SmilingMad
  378. SMX
  379. Solfiner
  380. someonetookjacob
  381. SonicLink125
  382. SonicSmasher
  383. SoraSaturn
  384. SorrowOfAcheron
  385. SoulofKhaos
  386. Soulsaint
  387. Spatman
  388. Spazzy_D
  389. Speedwagon
  390. spoilerowl
  391. Spootondorf
  392. Sqid
  393. SSBFan
  394. Staarih
  395. StaffofSmashing
  396. Strider_Bond00J
  397. StrikeBlade
  398. SuperBrawler
  399. Superfiremario
  400. SuperNintendoKid
  401. Supersmash77
  402. Superyoshiom
  403. Swampasaur
  404. Sykin
  405. Takasmash
  406. TBone06
  407. tbuster766
  408. TCT~Phantom
  409. Techno1000
  410. TeenGirlSquad
  411. TehEpicRyuga
  412. TempestSurge
  413. Tetiro
  414. ThatShadowLink
  415. THE 6r
  416. The Curious Volnutt
  417. The One Who Wrote This
  418. Thekewlusername
  419. T-Hell
  420. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  421. TheSeanMan
  422. TheSpaceKing
  423. The Stoopid Unikorn
  424. TheTactician
  425. THE TemporaryFool
  426. thethirdkoopa
  427. TheZoologist
  428. ThirdDay
  429. ThoughtfulWanderer
  430. ThunderOverload
  431. TiaSilvia
  432. TimeSmash
  433. Tiymako
  434. ToothiestAura
  435. topspin1617
  436. Travix Man
  437. True Blue Warrior
  438. Turmalinium
  439. tveye
  440. UltimateWario
  441. Ultinarok
  442. User Name String
  443. Vann Accessible
  444. Vegito2727
  445. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  446. Vintage Creep
  447. Violenceman
  448. walph
  449. warelander
  450. Warheart_666
  451. Wigglytuff ★
  452. winterofsilver
  453. Wintropy
  454. WhiteEaglePL
  455. Xelion
  456. Xenigma
  457. XenoWarriorX
  458. XeVioN
  459. Xiivi
  460. xLemmy_KoopaX
  461. xpnc
  462. XTremeGamer1234
  463. XxLtxX
  464. YellowLord
  465. Yoh
  466. Yoshi444
  467. YoshiandToad
  468. Young Horsetail
  469. Your Hero
  470. YwhaletailY
  471. Zabadoo
  472. zagman505
  473. zaiman12345
  474. Zandro
  475. ZanZero
  476. ZarroTsu
  477. ZeldaMaster
  478. ZelDan
  479. ZestyÑ
  480. zferolie
  481. Zulyar
  482. Zuppo

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Eh, no. That is too subjective as well. 3rd party non-game characters(4th party never existed and never will. Unlike 2nd party, which is created by the industry to tell apart from 1st parties, due to a lot of weird company ownership issues, but it's mostly meaningless at times and very difficult to define from 1st parties) are exactly the same thing as game third parties. They're simply characters that aren't owned by the parent company attempting to licensing. That's it. No more.
I just want to say that 2nd Party is way more viable than 3rd Party only because they are under the 1st Party Branch. Since 2nd Party is almost as close as being 1st Party it's just under the name of the 1st Party. The only reason for any 3rd Party to be considered in Smash is if they have history with the 1st Party and even though 4th Party isn't as consider since they aren't in any kind of Video Game medium they shouldn't be even with the long history with the 1st Party since it is a legacy game for legacy games and icons, not games with anime icons.

Still, what would I know?

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Do people still say Isaac would be "just another swordsman?" Like, he probably wouldn't even have to use his sword lol. I guess he probably should for a couple attacks, just because he could use a couple quick and simple moves. He could be like Ganondorf and only use it in his taunt lol.
Isaac could be using an axe in the game and they will still call him an anime swordman.
People are just bitter.
FE should of picked better lords.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
He taunt, show his sword and say "I'm not your average swordsman!"

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Skull Kid probably has a better chance than Isaac because the demand for a new Zelda character in general is easily larger than the demand for Isaac. Skull Kid also happens to be a character that Sakurai has clearly thought of before (see: Mii costume, Miiverse reveal) at the "right place, right time" since the re-release of his game happened the same year as the initial draft of Smash Ultimate's project plan, as well as the addition of Skull Kid into the Hyrule Warriors roster due to fan demand. Every new Smash game, the most recent "one-off" from the Zelda series is highly requested: Midna, Ghirahim, BotW Champions, etc., and adding Skull Kid would be a way to satisfy fans of the series.

I don't think it's fair though to compare a Zelda newcomer to Isaac since Zelda is a Nintendo juggernaut series, and overdue for a new character since we haven't truly seen one since Melee. Isaac is more in line with Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, etc. because he's an individual character that's seen fan demand for years, as opposed to a series that's seen lots of requests for years. Isaac's in a more difficult spot than most others though because he's a new series to Smash that isn't a new series and (mostly) can't borrow existing assets, and has to be somewhat re-conceptualized in 3D.

That said, though, I think he's one of the likeliest individual characters simply due to being one of the most fan requested characters. If we know for a fact that K. Rool did well on the ballot, then we can reasonably assume Isaac did well too.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think being a new series is a good thing to Isaac in eyes of the community, but Skull Kid would be the first non-triforce user in smash for zelda.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Skull Kid probably has a better chance than Isaac because the demand for a new Zelda character in general is easily larger than the demand for Isaac. Skull Kid also happens to be a "right place, right time" character that Sakurai has clearly thought of before (see: Mii costume, Miiverse reveal) since the re-release of his game happened the same year as the initial draft of Smash Ultimate's project plan, as well as the addition of Skull Kid into the Hyrule Warriors roster due to fan demand. Every new Smash game, the most recent "one-off" from the Zelda series is highly requested: Midna, Ghirahim, BotW Champions, etc., and adding Skull Kid could be a way to satisfy fans of the series.

I don't think it's fair to compare a Zelda newcomer to Isaac since Zelda is a Nintendo juggernaut series, and overdue for a new character since we haven't truly seen one since Melee. Isaac is more in line with Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, etc. because he's an individual character that's seen fan demand for years, as opposed to a series that's seen lots of requests for years. Isaac's in a more difficult spot than most others though because he's a new series to Smash that isn't a new series and (mostly) can't borrow existing assets, and has to be somewhat re-conceptualized in 3D.

That said, though, I think he's one of the likeliest individual characters simply due to being one of the most requested fan characters. If we know for a fact that K. Rool did well on the ballot, then we can reasonably assume Isaac did well too.
I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I don't think Skull Kid or even any new Zelda rep was requested heavily in the days of the ballot.

Top Bottom