• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of the chairs matching Isaac's colour scheme... The sofa and cushions remind me of Felix. The sofa itself is almost identical to the colour of his cape and the cushions are reminiscent of his tunic.

PS: Put me down as a supporter!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
So, I'm fairly certain that Isaac did about as well overall as the fan polls would suggest. The reason I say this is because if you take a look at the documentation, you will see that almost every single character that got added to the game was on our fan poll results. The only two characters not documented are Dark Samus, who Sakurai said was actually a requested character, and Richter, who is by far the most popular Belmont basically ever aside from maybe Julius. This chart includes every single veteran that wasn't added in smash at the time, and Bayonetta falls into 10th overall. This is entirely consistent with how the reveals have been panning out thus far.

Spreadsheet in question: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
I'm not statistics savvy enough (though I took a class) so I'd love someone who is to determine whether this is enough of a portion to base it off of, but at a glance to me, I would say yes.

I won't lie; this feels a bit too much in bad taste.
52e.png

Though, real talk, I kinda tire from the jaded Sakurai memes. I know I didn't help by contributing to it. Whoops.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
On the subject of the chairs matching Isaac's colour scheme... The sofa and cushions remind me of Felix. The sofa itself is almost identical to the colour of his cape and the cushions are reminiscent of his tunic.

PS: Put me down as a supporter!
I thought they looked like generic pillows. But it doesnt strike me as Felix's color scheme.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
For the chair and sofa theory i have to admit that I think thats a majoras mask reference. with the 2 fairies and skull kid colors on the sofa with the pillow

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As a K. Rool supporter, I posted my fair share of memes with the costume. We all need to have a bit of a sense of humor about a mascot fighting game.
I must've missed the meme, heh. Anyway, I didn't notice the color similarity to Waluigi either till you pointed it out. Or at least Wario.

View attachment 158019

Though, real talk, I kinda tire from the jaded Sakurai memes. I know I didn't help by contributing to it. Whoops.
Yeah, I get ya. It kind of is feeling forced now.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
So, I'm fairly certain that Isaac did about as well overall as the fan polls would suggest. The reason I say this is because if you take a look at the documentation, you will see that almost every single character that got added to the game was on our fan poll results. The only two characters not documented are Dark Samus, who Sakurai said was actually a requested character, and Richter, who is by far the most popular Belmont basically ever aside from maybe Julius. This chart includes every single veteran that wasn't added in smash at the time, and Bayonetta falls into 10th overall. This is entirely consistent with how the reveals have been panning out thus far.

Spreadsheet in question: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
Can someone explain to me what I am looking at regarding this spreadsheet?

StormC

Smash Hero
I do sorta buy into the theory that if this is Sakurai's last ride (we all thought Smash 4 was his last ride too...) he's going out with a bang, having fun throwing out hints and putting in tons of fanservice. We know he is aware to some extent of what is currently being speculated - he commented that Chrom and Dark Samus might have been expected due to evidence in their favor.

I think this is gonna be the craziest Smash cycle yet. I'm all in.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I thought they looked like generic pillows. But it doesnt strike me as Felix's color scheme.

Less the colour of his tunic and more the pattern. I should've been clearer on that. I am also stretching it to fit Felix since I desperately want Isaac in...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I do sorta buy into the theory that if this is Sakurai's last ride (we all thought Smash 4 was his last ride too...) he's going out with a bang, having fun throwing out hints and putting in tons of fanservice. We know he is aware to some extent of what is currently being speculated - he commented that Chrom and Dark Samus might have been expected due to evidence in their favor.

I think this is gonna be the craziest Smash cycle yet. I'm all in.
I mean Sakurai already said he'd come back if there's fan demand. Hard to know what that means.

Sakurai treats every Smash game as if its the last.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Aw, i liked path of radiance.
I like Path of Radience, but I feel like it feels a bit long, especially if you want to be able to unlock the Secret bits of Radiant Dawn.
Yeah, Sakurai bias is still in play unfortunately. The only thing post-2003 Kirby got this game is Dedede’s Final Smash...which is from a remake of Super Star.

BDee has enough global support that he might just make it, but Magolor? Nah.
Really Sakurai is welcome to be biased for his the parts of his creation that he made, though. :laugh:
Also, nice call there. People can make those chairs into whatever they want lol.
The chairs, Jaidyn, the chairs.
Sorry for the late reply, but here you go.

BTW, has everyone here voted already? (That includes you too, lurkers :p)
I just made a gmail account just for this.

Well, at least I have one now.
Do we even know that's the real Loz? He claims to be but for all we know he's just a faker.
"Faker"? We should ask Sonic and Shadow, they'd know.
JaidynReiman said:
Waluigi. And yes, (some) Waluigi fans legitimately thought he was going to happen because of it.
Yeah, remembered Waluigi shortly after posting. :laugh:
Captain Syrup.:p
DON'T DO THIS TO, TRUE BLUE!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Combined data from a number of polls from 2015, Isaac placed Top 5 in all but a few of them, only losing out to King K. Rool in the total percentage of votes.
Thanks for the clarity. My thoughts?

Considering the polls and overall fandom I would be surprised if Isaac was not known to Sakurai at this point to be a desired playable character.

As is Bandana Dee and Paper Mario.

StormC

Smash Hero
Really Sakurai is welcome to be biased for his the parts of his creation that he made, though. :laugh:
Pretty absurd though when practically every other series gets stages from recent games but Sakurai keeps drawing from the few same games. I'm a big Kirby fan and Super Star is by far my favorite in the series, but it's getting ridiculous.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can someone explain to me what I am looking at regarding this spreadsheet?
Essentially, SSB4Dojo compiled results from multiple fan polls into one data sheet (this includes PushDustIn's Japanese analysis, but there are pages specifically to remove that bit). The fan polls he drew from were all Exit Polls from around the time of the ballot.

Even then PDI's analysis is looking relatively on point for how limited it was.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not putting a lot of stock in SSB4Dojo's polling including Japan. Sample size of Japan is simply too small. I'm interested strictly in the US/EU results.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Random question related to movesets...

Is there any single move you focus on when thinking what Isaac would play like outside of using a Summon for a Final Smash?

I know Move is a popular one, but I keep on coming back to Ragnarok. That was always my favorite spell/animation from the original. I could see it as some side-Air or side-Smash move that has the sword get bigger as you charge it.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice

Is there any single move you focus on when thinking what Isaac would play like outside of using a Summon for a Final Smash?

I know Move is a popular one, but I keep on coming back to Ragnarok. That was always my favorite spell/animation from the original. I could see it as some side-Air or side-Smash move that has the sword get bigger as you charge it.
basically i expect him to be like in Super Smash Flash 2

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm not putting a lot of stock in SSB4Dojo's polling including Japan. Sample size of Japan is simply too small. I'm interested strictly in the US/EU results.
Yeah, the Japan sample is inherently flawed, considering it's just PushDustIn going around Japanese sites and recording how often certain characters are brought up.

There isn't a single move I think of... but... here's what I had to say on Isaac's playstyle last month, it's under the "My Proposals" spoiler tag.

Last edited:

Nintandy

Smash Rookie
Hey! Long time lurker and Isaac supporter here, please add me to the list! The Golden Sun titles were among some of the first games I ever owned and fell in love with, and alongside other big names like Zelda, Pokémon and Final Fantasy they are just as beloved to me. With lesser known franchises like Fire Emblem and Mother getting such love and attention in Smash, bringing them to a wider audience, and now Xenoblade, it really is time Isaac, and the Golden Sun games, got the same amount of love too. They don't deserve to be forgotten!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
the biggest thing that helps the fanservice theory is that, and let's be real here, they saw how badly the Wii U was doing, knew it was a sinking ship, and decided "sure let's make a ballot so we can pump the next game with characters people really want."

Dihan

Smash Apprentice

For me it would be his neutral B, Summon/Set, where he performs a different attack (representing each of the Venus summons) depending on how many different Smash attacks he's landed. The Smash attacks would be inspired by various Venus Djinn and, while his neutral B gets stronger the more Smash attacks he lands (Venus at 0 Smashes, Ramses for 1, Cybele for 2 and 3 for Judgment), his other specials downgrade from slow but strong spells (e.g. Wild Growth, Grand Gaia and Stone Spire) to fast but weaker spells (Growth, Gaia and Spire). Utility Psynergy such as Move, Grind, Pound, Catch, Scoop and Lift would be his grab, pummel and throws. His Final Smash would be Ragnarok.

That's probably all a bit complicated for Smash... But I guess it's not really that much more complex than Robin.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

I just posted my move set ideas a few pages back. Personally I want a move set focused mainly around Isaac’s Psynergy. I don’t really have one particular move in mind to build around though. If you care to see my thoughts on the move set I’ll just quote it below. It is a bit of a long read lol

Hey everybody! So since I’m off work today I randomly decided to try to make a moveset for fun. Just to give as all something new to discuss as we wait for the hopeful announcement of him being playable. Also, I do not envy Sakurai! Making movesets is quite tedious. Anyways, I hope you all like it and I would love to see everyone else’s ideas for a moveset.

Allow me to explain my thought process in this moveset. I tried my best to translate his various abilities to fit in Smash but I did take a few liberties so some attacks act a bit differently from in the games, hope that doesn’t upset anyone. Also, you’ll notice that none of his attacks are rapid or can be spammed in rapid succession. I did this because Golden Sun is a turn-based game so it makes sense to me for Isaac to be left vulnerable to attack if the player chooses the wrong move in a certain situation. This makes Isaac a powerful/technical character that can perform combos when the proper moves are used together in succession.

I also tried to limit sword attacks as much as possible. However, since the moveset focuses on Venus Psynergy Isaac’s power is limited in the air so his aerials are not reliable kill moves except his down air!

Isaac Moveset

Intro Animation– A plethora of colorful orbs appear and gather together revealing Isaac. (Retreat’s ending animation)

Idle Animation– Flint appears on Isaac’s shoulder surprising him for a moment, Isaac smiles as Flint glows yellow and reenters Isaac’s body.

Special Mechanic– Similar to Little Mac’s KO meter or Cloud’s limit break, Isaac will have 4 Venus Djinn icons next to his damage percentage. While his Djinn are in Standby mode they offer various effects to Isaac’s moves:
4Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.5 times normal, Knockback is also 1.5 times normal
3Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.3 times normal, Knockback is also 1.3 times normal
2Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.2 times normal, Knockback is also 1.2 times normal
1Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.1 times normal, Knockback is also 1.1 times normal

Also, certain moves can be powered up or have an added effect by simply holding the A or B button longer which will use up the power of ONE Djinn!
NOTE: when using a Djinn to power up a move, the damage and knockback multiplier for Djinn on Standby is not added to the power of the augmented move. Those augmented moves would be set to a specific power for balancing purposes.

It takes roughly15 secondsfor one Djinn to recharge and enter Standby mode to be ready for use again.

Dodges– Isaac’s Spot dodge, Air dodge and Roll dodges are all the Psynergy Sand, so his body would be quickly dispersing into sand and reforming. It would be very quick so it would seem as if he was teleporting.

Attacks:

Jab 1: Isaac (holding his sword in his right hand) swings across his body to his left. (decent damage)
Jab 2: Isaac swings his sword back to his right. (decent damage)
Jab 3: Isaac activates Grindwith his left hand as it glows with psynergy creating an energy effect around the opponent that makes a grinding sound and launches them away. (kills at high percents)

Dash Attack: Isaac’s standard attack from Golden Sun, leaping forward slash with his sword.
Dash Attack Djinn Boost: Same animation but a yellow silhouette of Flint pulses around Isaac’s sword increasing damage by 1.5 times and doubling hitstun.

Side Tilt: Thorn- thorny plants stick out of the ground in front of Isaac. Opponent cannot run through it as the sides have a hit box and the top has a tipper that kills at high percent. (good for spacing and anti-air.)
Up Tilt: Spire- a spiked rock juts up from the ground in front of Isaac popping the opponent up into the air. (quick move, not rapid)
Down Tilt: Tremor– the ground underneath Isaac’s feet glow yellow and shacks. An opponent in front of Isaac and within range will trip. (quick move, if not timed right the opponent will not be affected and it will leave Isaac wide open)

Neutral Air: Isaac’s four Djinn shoot out of his body on different sides protecting him and hitting opponents away. (stops weaker projectiles)
Forward Air: Isaac swings his sword in front of him in a crescent motion from the top of his head to about his knee.
Back Air: Isaac looks behind him and Flint shoots out from his back hitting the opponent and stopping weak projectiles. Flint then glows yellow and reenters Isaac’s body.
Up Air: Isaac thrusts his sword up (similar to Link’s Uair)
Down Air: Crush– Isaac clenches his fist as a Psynergy hand appears in front of him and slams down below him. This move spikes and creates a strong windbox on the sides making it safe for Isaac to land. (slow start up)

Forward Smash: Rockfall– Isaac’s hand glows with Psynergy as he winds it rocks begin to form above the ground behind him and get larger the longer it’s charged. Isaac swings his arm across his body and the rocks shoot in front of him hitting the opponent. (very good range, like Megaman’s forward smash, slow start up)
Up Smash: Gaia– Isaac grabs his sword with both hands as the ground under his feet start to crack. He thrusts his sword up over his head as a powerful eruption of energy shoots up around him (very good range like Palutena’s up smash, slow start up)
Down Smash: Growth– Isaac’s fist glows as he punches the ground causing vines to shoot out the ground on both sides hitting opponents away horizontally. (quick start up)

NOTE – Isaac’s up and forward smash are his two strongest none Djinn augmented moves which are why the start up is slow.

Edge Attack: A rock spire juts out of the edge at a 45-degree angle as Isaac get up on the stage.

Grab: Grip– Isaac thrusts his left hand forward sending out a large Psynergy hand that grabs and covers the opponent’s entire body. Acts as a tether grab and can grab someone who is not near them. It can also pull Isaac to the ledge if off stage.
Grab Pummel: The Psynergy hand rapidly squeezes the opponent.
Forward Throw: The Psynergy hand winds back and forcefully throws the captured opponent, kill throw at high percent.
Up Throw: The Psynergy hand winds back and throws the opponent straight up above Isaac. (his worst throw)
Back Throw: The Psynergy hand nonchalantly tosses the opponent behind Issac allowing for an easy combo. The knockback is very weak on this throw.
Down Throw: Pound – the Psynergy hand slams the opponent down to the ground causing them to be buried for a few moments.

Special: Critical Strike – Isaac’s sword lets out a howl as it shines with Psynergy. This attack is an over the head swing of his sword, not much knockback but good damage.
1 Djinn Boosted: Ragnorak– Holding the B button slightly longer than usual will unleash the power of ONE Djinn (if you have one ready) changing Isaac’s normal special into Ragnorak! This gives his neutral special range as a light projectile shaped like a sword appears above Isaac’s head and quickly strikes down to the ground after Isaac swings his sword causing an explosion of Psynergy. If the opponent is too close they will be hit by Isaac’s sword swing (same knockback as normal) and will be automatically hit into the Ragnorak projectile. Good knockback and damage.
2 Djinn Boosted: Odyssey– Holding the B button longer than usual will unleash the power of TWO Djinn (if you have two ready) changing Isaac’s normal special into Odyssey! Isaac quickly swings his sword, overhead, unleashing a quick sword shaped light projectile. If that projectile hits an opponent, it will stun them and activate the final part of Odyssey where Isaac will quickly rush the stunned target hitting them with a powerful blow that flashes a big light sword before a large Psynergy explosion. If the opponent is too close to Isaac, they will be hit by his quick sword swing, stunning projectile and Odyssey which will do major damage. Good damage, major knockback.

Side Special: Move– Similar to his AT from Brawl, Isaac creates a large Psynergy hand in front of him that slowly moves forward for 3 seconds and has a sort of bumper effect to anyone who comes into contact with it, opponents only receive 1% damage per hit since Move is not a normal attack in Golden Sun. The hand of course doesn’t affect Isaac. (Slow start up, leaves him open for a moment.)
Djinn Boosted: Force– Holding the B button longer during the activation of this move will unleash the power of ONE Djinn making Isaac wind his arm back and trust it forward creating a large Psynergy hand in the shape of a fist that quickly launches forward causing decent damage but good knockback.

Down Special: Quake– Isaac’s hand glows with Psynergy as he holds his arm down towards the ground causing a shockwave that covers a small area around him. Opponents hit by the shockwave will be buried for a moment allowing Isaac to hit them with another move.
Djinn Boosted: Quake Sphere– Holding the B button longer during the activation of this move will unleash the power of ONE Djinn making the shockwave much larger. If an opponent is already buried and this move is used, they will be badly damaged and be launched upward. Kills at high percent.

Up Special: Retreat– Very simple recovery move. Similar to Palutena and Mewtwo’s teleporting special.

Final Smash: Judgement– Isaac’s body shines yellow as a shockwave similar to his Quake special activates and buries anyone close to him activating a cut scene. The view changes to the Golden Sun battle view as we see those caught in Isaac’s quake in the enemy position. Isaac’s four Venus Djinn turn into yellow orbs of light and fly into the clouds as they open up revealing Judgement. Judgement floats down and begins charging his blast and fires which shows the spreading of his blast until it hits the enemies. The cut scene ends and shows the enemies launched off the stage towards the left blastzone.

Victory Pose 1: Flint is too close to the screen as you can only see his face, you hear Isaac say “hey” as Flint flies back into Isaac’s sholder as he gives a thumbs up creating a Psynergy hand behind him that also thumbs up.
Victory Pose 2: The camera pans in but no one is there. We suddenly see Flint appear and knock the Cloak Ball out of Isaac’s hand making him visible. Isaac smiles to the camera while rubbing the back of his head since he got caught.
Victory Pose 3: The scene opens with a shot of a Venus, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter Djinn. They quickly fly off revealing Isaac sitting on a rock with Mia, Ivan and Garet behind him. Isaac looks exhausted as Mia appears to be activating Ply, Ivan is patting Isaac on the back as Garet is pumping his arm in the air to congratulate Isaac.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I always thought Rangarok could be a fully charged forward smash (albeit have it not be as big as it is in the games)

Speaking of which, I did think of any interesting way they could unveil him.

Let's just say that the rathalos pic is indeed a reference to Golden Sun. Maybe they could open up to Link, Marth and Shulk struggling to take down Rathalos. Eventually Marth and Shulk are injured or knocked out, leaving Link to stand up to Rathalos, though even he's struggling to keep his footing at this point. Just as Rathalos is charging a fiery attack and readying his final blows, a big, yellow, magical sword (Ragnarok) comes out of nowhere and impales Rathalos. As Ragnarok dissipates, Rathalos keel over dead, and behind him we see a certain spiky haired Earth Adept. the camera closes in on him and then Isaac's splashscreen and tagline pop up.

It the proceeds to go ahead and show gameplay footage of Isaac showing all his moves, as you'd expect. At some point a bunch of villains jump in and gang up on Isaac (I dunno, maybe Ridley, K Rool and Wolf), they start attacking him and doing some team combo stuff. one of the villains grab Isaac as the other 2 taunt around him. then the screen suddenly pans to Felix unleashing his final Smash, which for him would be megiddo (while Isaac would have Judgement, Maybe Sakurai would want to represent as much of the Earth adepts' arsenal as possible). The villains go flying, and then we see Felix doing a bunch of similar moves along with Isaac, to emphasize that Felix is an echo of Isaac.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I always thought Rangarok could be a fully charged forward smash (albeit have it not be as big as it is in the games)

Speaking of which, I did think of any interesting way they could unveil him.

Let's just say that the rathalos pic is indeed a reference to Golden Sun. Maybe they could open up to Link, Marth and Shulk struggling to take down Rathalos. Eventually Marth and Shulk are injured or knocked out, leaving Link to stand up to Rathalos, though even he's struggling to keep his footing at this point. Just as Rathalos is charging a fiery attack and readying his final blows, a big, yellow, magical sword (Ragnarok) comes out of nowhere and impales Rathalos. As Ragnarok dissipates, Rathalos keel over dead, and behind him we see a certain spiky haired Earth Adept. the camera closes in on him and then Isaac's splashscreen and tagline pop up.

It the proceeds to go ahead and show gameplay footage of Isaac showing all his moves, as you'd expect. At some point a bunch of villains jump in and gang up on Isaac (I dunno, maybe Ridley, K Rool and Wolf), they start attacking him and doing some team combo stuff. one of the villains grab Isaac as the other 2 taunt around him. then the screen suddenly pans to Felix unleashing his final Smash, which for him would be megiddo (while Isaac would have Judgement, Maybe Sakurai would want to represent as much of the Earth adepts' arsenal as possible). The villains go flying, and then we see Felix doing a bunch of similar moves along with Isaac, to emphasize that Felix is an echo of Isaac.
When Isaac enters, it plays his battle theme. When he gets cornered, it plays Saturos' boss theme, then closes out with Felix's.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
the biggest thing that helps the fanservice theory is that, and let's be real here, they saw how badly the Wii U was doing, knew it was a sinking ship, and decided "sure let's make a ballot so we can pump the next game with characters people really want."
I mean, you're not wrong.

About the Wii U; I think the Wii U's biggest problem was it's name, more than anything. Casuals thought that the Wii U was just a tablet add-on to the Wii, and not an entirely new console like it actually was. I guess it's the penalty Nintendo pays for focusing so hard on the casual market with the Wii.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Exactly, why develop all these characters in 2015 when they knew about the switch coming out.

K Rule or Bayonetta in 2015?
hmmm, well how about we try to sell more of Bayonetta 2 on the system that is breathing for air.

Look, Isaac is next in popularity. Maybe not Japan, but in the US and EU? Yeah, he is the next big one.

For all we know with the sun and the moon in the next direct it could lead to a Golden Sun and a dreadful moon, and some pokemon to throw in there because it would be shocking not to get anyone.

Like I said, if he is not AT he will be in smash one way or another, base roaster or DLC

Troykv

Smash Master
I made up a quick list based on this exit poll of the characters that haven't been disconfirmed or added to the game as playable. I left Captain Toad and Viridi in despite their stage appearances because it's a little uncertain what that means for them. I decided to leave Batman and Goku in....against my better judgement.

01. Isaac
02. Banjo & Kazooie
03. Bandana Dee
04. Paper Mario
05. Shantae
06. Geno
07. Magolor
08. Dixie Kong
09. Wonder Red
10. Rayman
11. Captain Toad
12. Sora
13. Custom Robo
14. Jibyanyan
15. Phoenix Wright
16. Arle Nadja
17. Shadow
18. Professor Layton
19. Viridi
20. Micaiah
21. Magnemite
22. Toon Ganondorf
23. Klonoa
24. Goemon
25. Quote
26. Batman
27. Chibi-Robo
28. Monster Hunter
29. Adeleine
30. Viewtiful Joe
31. Black Shadow
32. Goku
33. Lanky Kong
34. Galacta Knight
35. Captain Rainbow
36. Chorus Men
37. Crash Bandicoot

I removed the percentages since I figure they probably don't make much sense after I've deleted characters.

I'm not sure if Meta Knight having a Galacta Knight alt disconfirms him but I left him in anyway. Thinking about it, Meta Knight having a Galacta Knight alt in the first place could be somewhat thanks to the ballot.

It's interesting how many characters on that exit poll list have already appeared in some way. Whether as playable or as an assist trophy. It makes me think there's no way Isaac won't show up in some way.
Well; Captain Toad already kind of appears in Smash Bros in the form of a cameo.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Nintendo thought the Wii U would make bank. But they heavily overestimated.
I mean, you're not wrong.

About the Wii U; I think the Wii U's biggest problem was it's name, more than anything. Casuals thought that the Wii U was just a tablet add-on to the Wii, and not an entirely new console like it actually was. I guess it's the penalty Nintendo pays for focusing so hard on the casual market with the Wii.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo thought the Wii U would make bank. But they heavily overestimated.
There were a lot of problems with the Wii U such as the name as some have already pointed out. Another huge issue was the long droughts between game releases. Their marketing was pretty bad too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thanks for the clarity. My thoughts?

Considering the polls and overall fandom I would be surprised if Isaac was not known to Sakurai at this point to be a desired playable character.

As is Bandana Dee and Paper Mario.
That seems likely. Given how much people vied for their chosen characters' attention during the ballot, this kind of event should have been organised in the West years ago before Smash 4. :smash:

Pretty absurd though when practically every other series gets stages from recent games but Sakurai keeps drawing from the few same games. I'm a big Kirby fan and Super Star is by far my favorite in the series, but it's getting ridiculous.
The guy really needs to let go of his stigma regarding sequels, at least in regards to Kirby (granted, he was allegedly annoyed by executive decisions during Air Ride's production). Kumazaki's Kirby entries piling on the fanservice and having Kirby play a little more like he does in Smash almost feel like him going "notice me senpai!" and wanting to be Sakurai's successor at this point.

Things might start to change if Adeline or Magolor ever get K. Rool levels of support, but it's purely conjecture as it stands right now.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That seems likely. Given how much people vied for their chosen characters' attention during the ballot, this kind of event should have been organised in the West years ago before Smash 4. :smash:

The guy really needs to let go of his stigma regarding sequels, at least in regards to Kirby (granted, he was allegedly annoyed by executive decisions during Air Ride's production). Kumazaki's Kirby entries piling on the fanservice and having Kirby play a little more like he does in Smash almost feel like him going "notice me senpai!" and wanting to be Sakurai's successor at this point.

Things might start to change if Adeline or Magolor ever get K. Rool levels of support, but it's purely conjecture as it stands right now.
I'm guessing Sakurai has an issue with HAL's newer Kirby games?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I know there are separate threads for every character, but on the lines of what people are talking about here and in the Geno thread, if Sakurai doesn't add both in this game (the game in which popular demand seems to be picking our characters), they may never get added. I think if we can come to this conclusion, Sakurai probably has too, especially considering his full time job is to create a game where he has to carefully choose a bunch of fighters to kick the crap out of each other lol.

Seriously, hope for Isaac and Geno. Hope that Sakurai is thinking about Isaac and Geno (he most certainly is, but hopefully in a positive way). This may be our last chance to get these 2 highly requested, and probably the most deserving characters for smash still left.

I've been a longtime lurker and infrequent user, but I hope the day comes (preferably soon) were we could actually could say most of our favorite characters have been represented finally. Ultimate so far has the biggest and best track record with that, hopefully it continues.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I did notice that when I branched out into the other groups. So glad the Isaac supporters here are so much in agreement and so supportive. We can do this everyone! With the power of friendship (ehh it's a Xenoblade reference. But it fits well)

Also congrats on K Rool getting in. You must be so happy!
Actually it is my little pony, somebody who worked on xenoblade was a brony LOL

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
My ideal moveset for Isaac
Jab combo: three slash attacks with his sword, (I'm thinking have it be a generic sword and have a multi hit finisher based on a howl or something)
Side tilt, down tilt, and up tilt are all basic sword attacks
Side smash: Ragnarok, it is a short/mid ranged attack where Isaac attacks with his sword and Ragnarok shoots out a short distance in front of him at a downward angle.
Down smash: Rock fall, Isaac makes rocks fall down on either side of him.
Up smash: thorn, a thorn shoots up from the ground, I'd say give it a tipper property like Marth's sword.
All aerial attacks will be sword swings
Neutral special: djinn, uses one of four Djinn, always goes in the order of Flint, Granite, Sap, and Ground. A Djinn goes into standby after use. (Djinn will have powerful affects, Flint is a powerful attack, Granite will half damage and launch rate of opponents moves on Isaac, Sap will be like Robin's Nosferatu, but have a bit more range, Ground will put a burry effect on an opponent hit by the attack)
Side special: Move, same as the assist trophy, but travels less distance.
Down special: set djinn, self explanatory. Djinn are still kept in order of Flint, Granite, Sap, and Ground.
Up special: Isaac uses catch to stop his fall and lift him up a distance, enters free fall once the hand disappears.
Grab: growth, basically the hookshot but vines.

Top Bottom