• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I personally have always loved him. He has a great personality, a cool design, and is an iconic villain, just I always wrote him off aaa an assist. Zelda needs a new unique addition and Skull Kid is the perfect fit. Him and Impa as a sheik echo would honestly complete the Zelda roster for me.
Right. That's my point. He absolutely has always had a big fanbase. Just some of it increased due to bandwagoning. Though I'd say the majority of the support was more about people not speaking up just yet. This isn't a Sceptile situation, after all, who had little support beyond "we need Grass".

KMDP

Smash Legend
Coupled with Tingle appearing as a Stage Hazard again, and all the other big candidates(bar Impa) being disconfirmed, this isn't that surprising. It doesn't mean a lot of his support is illegitimate, of course.
Yeah, you can be a legitimate supporter and still technically be jumping on the bandwagon; this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This usually happens if you didn't consider the character possible until recently.

Lots of people showed their support for Isaac after K. Rool was revealed and Sakurai made the Rathalos tweet (like, I think it was about 50 people? :laugh:)
Right. That's my point. He absolutely has always had a big fanbase. Just some of it increased due to bandwagoning. Though I'd say the majority of the support was more about people not speaking up just yet. This isn't a Sceptile situation, after all, who had little support beyond "we need Grass".
There are legitimate reasons to want Sceptile. "He's a Grass Type" is not one of them.

Frankly, I don't really agree with the "we need [x] Pokémon because we need [y] type" train of thought.

Last edited:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
True. I guess I just have bias because Sceptile is my favorite grass starter

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So i have a question for all of you.

Is Isaac's clothing color purple? Or is it blue? I can't tell.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Even though the Golden Sun games were a success back in the day, let's not kid ourselves. If Isaac gets in it's because we voted in droves for him on the ballot not because Sakurai is suddenly recognizing how important those games are to Nintendo.

Especially considering this iteration of Smash Bros appears to be focusing so much on fan demand, Golden Sun being a successful franchise back in 2001 wouldn't mean enough on it's own. If it did we already would have gotten Isaac as a playable fighter.
This is correct. The ballot has been our key hope here since the beginning (unless Isaac was cut from Smash 4 cause they were trying to make him playable but couldn't get him to work). When I visit other forums though, the impression I get from people is that Isaac and Golden Sun were tiny blips in history that nobody remembers. I just read a post on another forum that thinks Geno is the only big one left that's been much requested from the Brawl era. On ResetEra almost nobody thinks Golden Sun is a thing anymore and don't seem to think the demand is there. The Isaac fans appear to me to be largely unknown to some parts of the internet, and I think they might feel that Golden Sun was never a success story, and that if somehow this unknown Earth Adept shows up as a fighter in Smash, the floodgates of other super niche characters are opened.

If Isaac gets in, it's because of fan demand. Nuff said.

Also if Isaac gets in, it's because he's a popular character that came from a popular game. He's not a underdog bandwagon character that we all just wanted to hop on to represent the little guys. At best, like Pwnapplez said, it shows that a dead series can still make its presence in Smash if the demand is there.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, you can be a legitimate supporter and still technically be jumping on the bandwagon; this isn't necessarily a bad thing.
When I say bandwagon, I mean people who really are only supporting them outright because of circumstance, not because they legit want them. I believe very few are true bandwagoners. Skull Kid is super popular on his own merits.

And yeah, I agree. LolGrass is a terrible reason alone. Unless it's more they want to see moves via Grass type, which is fair. But just because Ivysaur was gone, so we need the Type is a bad point. That could apply to any Grass starter. Sceptile's specific Grass moves, on the other hand, can add something fun and unique.

True. I guess I just have bias because Sceptile is my favorite grass starter
Yeah, you aren't a bandwagoner. You definitely want the character for who it is. That's my point. Most support popped up at that time because lolGrass. That's not everyone. I actually would prefer Grovyle(the fact it's the same stage as Ivysaur is coincidental. I honestly like its design more myself). Etc.

But hey, at least I don't have to worry about my favorite character(look at my avatar) getting bandwagon support. Not that he has much support(obscure, I don't have a very good moveset in the opening post anyway, characters they'd rather see... I get it. And that's why I honestly like that there's a ton of characters that are obscure. Sometimes they tend to avoid bandwagon support)

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody! So since I’m off work today I randomly decided to try to make a moveset for fun. Just to give as all something new to discuss as we wait for the hopeful announcement of him being playable. Also, I do not envy Sakurai! Making movesets is quite tedious. Anyways, I hope you all like it and I would love to see everyone else’s ideas for a moveset.

Allow me to explain my thought process in this moveset. I tried my best to translate his various abilities to fit in Smash but I did take a few liberties so some attacks act a bit differently from in the games, hope that doesn’t upset anyone. Also, you’ll notice that none of his attacks are rapid or can be spammed in rapid succession. I did this because Golden Sun is a turn-based game so it makes sense to me for Isaac to be left vulnerable to attack if the player chooses the wrong move in a certain situation. This makes Isaac a powerful/technical character that can perform combos when the proper moves are used together in succession.

I also tried to limit sword attacks as much as possible. However, since the moveset focuses on Venus Psynergy Isaac’s power is limited in the air so his aerials are not reliable kill moves except his down air!

Isaac Moveset

Intro Animation– A plethora of colorful orbs appear and gather together revealing Isaac. (Retreat’s ending animation)

Idle Animation– Flint appears on Isaac’s shoulder surprising him for a moment, Isaac smiles as Flint glows yellow and reenters Isaac’s body.

Special Mechanic– Similar to Little Mac’s KO meter or Cloud’s limit break, Isaac will have 4 Venus Djinn icons next to his damage percentage. While his Djinn are in Standby mode they offer various effects to Isaac’s moves:
4Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.5 times normal, Knockback is also 1.5 times normal
3Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.3 times normal, Knockback is also 1.3 times normal
2Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.2 times normal, Knockback is also 1.2 times normal
1Djinn – Damage is increased to 1.1 times normal, Knockback is also 1.1 times normal

Also, certain moves can be powered up or have an added effect by simply holding the A or B button longer which will use up the power of ONE Djinn!
NOTE: when using a Djinn to power up a move, the damage and knockback multiplier for Djinn on Standby is not added to the power of the augmented move. Those augmented moves would be set to a specific power for balancing purposes.

It takes roughly15 secondsfor one Djinn to recharge and enter Standby mode to be ready for use again.

Dodges– Isaac’s Spot dodge, Air dodge and Roll dodges are all the Psynergy Sand, so his body would be quickly dispersing into sand and reforming. It would be very quick so it would seem as if he was teleporting.

Attacks:

Jab 1: Isaac (holding his sword in his right hand) swings across his body to his left. (decent damage)
Jab 2: Isaac swings his sword back to his right. (decent damage)
Jab 3: Isaac activates Grindwith his left hand as it glows with psynergy creating an energy effect around the opponent that makes a grinding sound and launches them away. (kills at high percents)

Dash Attack: Isaac’s standard attack from Golden Sun, leaping forward slash with his sword.
Dash Attack Djinn Boost: Same animation but a yellow silhouette of Flint pulses around Isaac’s sword increasing damage by 1.5 times and doubling hitstun.

Side Tilt: Thorn- thorny plants stick out of the ground in front of Isaac. Opponent cannot run through it as the sides have a hit box and the top has a tipper that kills at high percent. (good for spacing and anti-air.)
Up Tilt: Spire- a spiked rock juts up from the ground in front of Isaac popping the opponent up into the air. (quick move, not rapid)
Down Tilt: Tremor– the ground underneath Isaac’s feet glow yellow and shacks. An opponent in front of Isaac and within range will trip. (quick move, if not timed right the opponent will not be affected and it will leave Isaac wide open)

Neutral Air: Isaac’s four Djinn shoot out of his body on different sides protecting him and hitting opponents away. (stops weaker projectiles)
Forward Air: Isaac swings his sword in front of him in a crescent motion from the top of his head to about his knee.
Back Air: Isaac looks behind him and Flint shoots out from his back hitting the opponent and stopping weak projectiles. Flint then glows yellow and reenters Isaac’s body.
Up Air: Isaac thrusts his sword up (similar to Link’s Uair)
Down Air: Crush– Isaac clenches his fist as a Psynergy hand appears in front of him and slams down below him. This move spikes and creates a strong windbox on the sides making it safe for Isaac to land. (slow start up)

Forward Smash: Rockfall– Isaac’s hand glows with Psynergy as he winds it rocks begin to form above the ground behind him and get larger the longer it’s charged. Isaac swings his arm across his body and the rocks shoot in front of him hitting the opponent. (very good range, like Megaman’s forward smash, slow start up)
Up Smash: Gaia– Isaac grabs his sword with both hands as the ground under his feet start to crack. He thrusts his sword up over his head as a powerful eruption of energy shoots up around him (very good range like Palutena’s up smash, slow start up)
Down Smash: Growth– Isaac’s fist glows as he punches the ground causing vines to shoot out the ground on both sides hitting opponents away horizontally. (quick start up)

NOTE – Isaac’s up and forward smash are his two strongest none Djinn augmented moves which are why the start up is slow.

Edge Attack: A rock spire juts out of the edge at a 45-degree angle as Isaac get up on the stage.

Grab: Grip– Isaac thrusts his left hand forward sending out a large Psynergy hand that grabs and covers the opponent’s entire body. Acts as a tether grab and can grab someone who is not near them. It can also pull Isaac to the ledge if off stage.
Grab Pummel: The Psynergy hand rapidly squeezes the opponent.
Forward Throw: The Psynergy hand winds back and forcefully throws the captured opponent, kill throw at high percent.
Up Throw: The Psynergy hand winds back and throws the opponent straight up above Isaac. (his worst throw)
Back Throw: The Psynergy hand nonchalantly tosses the opponent behind Issac allowing for an easy combo. The knockback is very weak on this throw.
Down Throw: Pound – the Psynergy hand slams the opponent down to the ground causing them to be buried for a few moments.

Special: Critical Strike – Isaac’s sword lets out a howl as it shines with Psynergy. This attack is an over the head swing of his sword, not much knockback but good damage.
1 Djinn Boosted: Ragnorak– Holding the B button slightly longer than usual will unleash the power of ONE Djinn (if you have one ready) changing Isaac’s normal special into Ragnorak! This gives his neutral special range as a light projectile shaped like a sword appears above Isaac’s head and quickly strikes down to the ground after Isaac swings his sword causing an explosion of Psynergy. If the opponent is too close they will be hit by Isaac’s sword swing (same knockback as normal) and will be automatically hit into the Ragnorak projectile. Good knockback and damage.
2 Djinn Boosted: Odyssey– Holding the B button longer than usual will unleash the power of TWO Djinn (if you have two ready) changing Isaac’s normal special into Odyssey! Isaac quickly swings his sword, overhead, unleashing a quick sword shaped light projectile. If that projectile hits an opponent, it will stun them and activate the final part of Odyssey where Isaac will quickly rush the stunned target hitting them with a powerful blow that flashes a big light sword before a large Psynergy explosion. If the opponent is too close to Isaac, they will be hit by his quick sword swing, stunning projectile and Odyssey which will do major damage. Good damage, major knockback.

Side Special: Move– Similar to his AT from Brawl, Isaac creates a large Psynergy hand in front of him that slowly moves forward for 3 seconds and has a sort of bumper effect to anyone who comes into contact with it, opponents only receive 1% damage per hit since Move is not a normal attack in Golden Sun. The hand of course doesn’t affect Isaac. (Slow start up, leaves him open for a moment.)
Djinn Boosted: Force– Holding the B button longer during the activation of this move will unleash the power of ONE Djinn making Isaac wind his arm back and trust it forward creating a large Psynergy hand in the shape of a fist that quickly launches forward causing decent damage but good knockback.

Down Special: Quake– Isaac’s hand glows with Psynergy as he holds his arm down towards the ground causing a shockwave that covers a small area around him. Opponents hit by the shockwave will be buried for a moment allowing Isaac to hit them with another move.
Djinn Boosted: Quake Sphere– Holding the B button longer during the activation of this move will unleash the power of ONE Djinn making the shockwave much larger. If an opponent is already buried and this move is used, they will be badly damaged and be launched upward. Kills at high percent.

Up Special: Retreat– Very simple recovery move. Similar to Palutena and Mewtwo’s teleporting special.

Final Smash: Judgement– Isaac’s body shines yellow as a shockwave similar to his Quake special activates and buries anyone close to him activating a cut scene. The view changes to the Golden Sun battle view as we see those caught in Isaac’s quake in the enemy position. Isaac’s four Venus Djinn turn into yellow orbs of light and fly into the clouds as they open up revealing Judgement. Judgement floats down and begins charging his blast and fires which shows the spreading of his blast until it hits the enemies. The cut scene ends and shows the enemies launched off the stage towards the left blastzone.

Victory Pose 1: Flint is too close to the screen as you can only see his face, you hear Isaac say “hey” as Flint flies back into Isaac’s sholder as he gives a thumbs up creating a Psynergy hand behind him that also thumbs up.
Victory Pose 2: The camera pans in but no one is there. We suddenly see Flint appear and knock the Cloak Ball out of Isaac’s hand making him visible. Isaac smiles to the camera while rubbing the back of his head since he got caught.
Victory Pose 3: The scene opens with a shot of a Venus, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter Djinn. They quickly fly off revealing Isaac sitting on a rock with Mia, Ivan and Garet behind him. Isaac looks exhausted as Mia appears to be activating Ply, Ivan is patting Isaac on the back as Garet is pumping his arm in the air to congratulate Isaac.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
With Greninja being the one to show up in the Smash 4 Smash Direct, and reveals such as Palutena and Ridley occurring at E3, I wouldn't put a ton of stock into the idea that the audience of the event corresponds to the type of character revealed.
Especially when I think most would agree that the August Direct Smashed the E3 presentation by leaps and bounds. Ridley was known about forever along with Simon Belmont, so seeing either of those I think was less surprising overall compared to getting Dark Samus after we already had Ridley AND K. Rool who nobody saw coming (if you say you knew K.Rool would be in..you are lying..he was never guaranteed) until that villain montage.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think with K. Rool, it wasn't just that he was popular, it was that Sakurai noticed that he was a significant character to Nintendo and Donkey Kong.

When he talked about Ridley, he made a point to discuss how he was from Metroid and was the archenemy of Samus. It wasn't just "fans screamed at me until I added him," it was clear he considered Ridley significant in his own way. That would bode well for Isaac, I think, in terms of his notability.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What credible leaks were pointing in King K. Rools direction?
King K Rool wasn't in any credible leaks? Well, I stand corrected, then. I was under the impression that both K Rool and Simon Belmont were in the inevitable leaks.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think with K. Rool, it wasn't just that he was popular, it was that Sakurai noticed that he was a significant character to Nintendo and Donkey Kong.

When he talked about Ridley, he made a point to discuss how he was from Metroid and was the archenemy of Samus. It wasn't just "fans screamed at me until I added him," it was clear he considered Ridley significant in his own way. That would bode well for Isaac, I think, in terms of his notability.
Well, Ridley has been featured as a Boss in one game, and a new Stage Boss, with the ability to be both KO'd(add to the KO Count) and made to help you instead. He clearly cared about the character, choosing him for a unique stage mechanic. King K. Rool might not be the same situation, as it could be more popularity than anything else. Look at the Mii Costume and all.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, Ridley has been featured as a Boss in one game, and a new Stage Boss, with the ability to be both KO'd(add to the KO Count) and made to help you instead. He clearly cared about the character, choosing him for a unique stage mechanic. King K. Rool might not be the same situation, as it could be more popularity than anything else. Look at the Mii Costume and all.
That's why K. Rool fans are eagerly awaiting the next Famitsu, we want to hear him talk about him for the first time... ever.

Speaking of, totally want a Ridley Mii costume now.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Especially when I think most would agree that the August Direct Smashed the E3 presentation by leaps and bounds.
Yeah, I guess. They had very different goals though. One focused on the returning content and the other on new content.

Ridley was known about forever along with Simon Belmont, so seeing either of those I think was less surprising overall compared to getting Dark Samus after we already had Ridley
Right but I'm not gonna hold that against the presentation. And frankly while Dark Samus may have been more of a surprise, I still found the leaked but original characters more interesting given they're... well... original.

AND K. Rool who nobody saw coming (if you say you knew K.Rool would be in..you are lying..he was never guaranteed) until that villain montage.
A character doesn't have to be known to be anticipated. You wouldn't say no one saw the Inklings coming to Smash prior to the first teaser. I think K. Rool was pretty expected despite people not knowing for sure. Since E3 I've been next to positive he'd be in, at least.

King K Rool wasn't in any credible leaks? Well, I stand corrected, then. I was under the impression that both K Rool and Simon Belmont were in the inevitable leaks.
To my knowledge loz18 told people that K. Rool would be in back in June, but didn't share those claims publicly until after the Direct. I do believe he hinted at it beforehand, however.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not really convinced King K. Rool would have gotten in if it wasn't for the support behind him. I'm not even sure Ridley would have become playable if people hadn't demanded it. It sounds like they had a hard time getting Ridley to work right....effort they might not have gone to if he wasn't as popular.

I mean I'd imagine Sakurai thinks plenty of characters that aren't playable are important to Nintendo, so when they get promoted to playable it's not really surprising that he has more to say about them other than "I did it because the fans said so".

Their inclusions seem like the result of a "perfect storm" sort of situation rather than any one individual thing. Though I do think fan demand was the foundation supporting their inclusion.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mentioning that K Rool got a Mii costume reminds me that is probably what I was thinking of when I thought his inclusion would be not a big surprise. Now, obviously, that didn't make him inevitable in of itself, as the ratio of Mii costume characters that have been made playable vs assist trophy proves. It's just that it was proof that Sakurai acknowledged him and his popularity. Isaac didn't even get that.

KMDP

Smash Legend

About Isaac's notability, there's a point I've made repeatedly (sometimes in a passive aggressive manner, I'll admit. :laugh:), this time I'll tie it to K. Rool/DKC to make the point more strongly.

Donkey Kong Country was explosively popular on the SNES, to the point that, in America, it briefly overtook Mario in marketing power.

Golden Sun was a highly rated and best selling RPG on the Game Boy Advance, and the Game Boy Advance was one of Nintendo's best selling consoles. While it wasn't as incredibly popular as DKC, to claim that it had no sway back then is revisionist history at best. It was an RPG competing with Pokémon of all things, and it was still a best-seller. With this in mind it makes total sense to me that Isaac is about as requested as K. Rool, especially from people about my age (27).
So i have a question for all of you.

Is Isaac's clothing color purple? Or is it blue? I can't tell.
Isaac's clothing is blue.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Mentioning that K Rool got a Mii costume reminds me that is probably what I was thinking of when I thought his inclusion would be not a big surprise. Now, obviously, that didn't make him inevitable in of itself, as the ratio of Mii costume characters that have been made playable vs assist trophy proves. It's just that it was proof that Sakurai acknowledged him and his popularity. Isaac didn't even get that.
I mentioned it before but it's possible Sakurai intentionally didn't give every popular ballot character a Mii costume because it would give the game away when characters for the next game were being revealed.

I really don't think you can use the Mii costumes as proof of anything.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I don't know if this was posted here before , but apparently the Golden Sun: Dark Dawn site was updated some days ago...

tumblr_pdh39mIuy61vl7i88_540.jpg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's why K. Rool fans are eagerly awaiting the next Famitsu, we want to hear him talk about him for the first time... ever.

Speaking of, totally want a Ridley Mii costume now.
I used the generic Dragon costume for mine. I love it.

But yeah, agreed. I think he's focusing mostly on fan favorites, but also every character added is either unique or an Echo because it makes sense(without simply "just for the sake of it". One notable thing about all the Echoes is they're heavily tied to characters in some way. Chrom is the most notable one, as Roy is practically a cross between Ike and Marth. Look at what Roy is moveset-wise. He has bits and pieces of them now, especially when he got updated in 4. I could be wrong and most were for the sake of it, but there's enough reason to believe he actually found a good reason to choose who to Echo from. Dark Pit was made clear it was him split off due to the Final Smash alone. Obviously being a hard clone of Pit in canon applied too).

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't know if this was posted here before , but apparently the Golden Sun: Dark Dawn site was updated some days ago...

View attachment 158004
Heya, Graizen! Long time no see.

Yeah, we knew about that already.
Something I saw pop up in one of the discords I am in. Food for though.View attachment 158005
"Not Quite so high on Ballots", as far as I can tell, Skull Kid didn't appear on any fan ballots of the time. :laugh:

Also, Gardevoir is controversial/meme? Why?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Something I saw pop up in one of the discords I am in. Food for though.View attachment 158005
Characters like the Pokemon, Crash and Spyro being popular means little if it didn’t translate to ballot data before the design document.

EDIT: ...who the hell is that with the big sword behind Banjo?

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What's controversial about Gardevoir? (or Chorus Kids for that matter)

I think Magolor could end up being Japans Shovel Knight. Considering he had next to no presence in the West during the ballot voting period. (he has the benefit of being 1st party but then again he has a con of having to compete with Bandana Dee. I doubt we'll get two Kirby newcomers)

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice

I think Magolor could end up being Japans Shovel Knight. Considering he had next to no presence in the West during the ballot voting period. (he has the benefit of being 1st party but then again he has a con of having to compete with Bandana Dee. I doubt we'll get two Kirby newcomers)
Chorus kids are controversal because what would they even do? If we want them to be a game and watch type thing but for rhythm heaven the monkey's that appear in multiple minigames would be better.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe it's because she's only thrown around now because of a fake leak.

Chorus Kids idk. Maybe it's because people disagree on whether Gematsu was real and they're not really "popular".

The reason I expect very little from post-Sakurai Kirby games is because there's so much to work with at this point... and then we still get Chef Kawasaki.

I'm just not optimistic towards any of it. Even seemingly as ATs.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, Sakurai bias is still in play unfortunately. The only thing post-2003 Kirby got this game is Dedede’s Final Smash...which is from a remake of Super Star.

BDee has enough global support that he might just make it, but Magolor? Nah.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gardevoir is definitely popular, but it's controversial a bit too, mostly thanks to the leak(and possibly it being Rule 34'd a lot?). Keep in mind it's in Pokken too. And very popular there.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
View attachment 157973

Got this sent to me by a user over on Discord. It's 100% fake since the fonts don't match up between the top and bottom tracks, with the bottom looking extremely squished, but I thought I'd share it here so we can dissect it together.
Hey, guess what?! I just randomly went onto the website and saw a Venus Lighthouse song go up briefly! I even got a screenshot! I guess that means Isaac is deconfirmed huh?
venus_lighthouse_gs_leak.png

Because seriously it only took me like 10 minutes to do this using developer tools in Google Chrome. I probably also could've inserted a fake GS icon as well if I really wanted to go further, though it wouldn't be an svg like on the site so it wouldn't look quite as good.

What credible leaks were pointing in King K. Rools direction?
To an extent Loz, but that's debatable. Loz18 did mention a Heroes vs. Villains theme which would kinda imply K. Rool, but otherwise no credible leaks ever once hinted at K. Rool. I mean, sure, he was on every fake leak under the sun, but not only did nobody know for sure he was going to be added, nobody especially called him in that specific direct.

(Though I did predict after Ridley's reveal I thought K. Rool would be the next reveal, or one of the next couple, but that was just a prediction based on me thinking they'd want to announce K. Rool ASAP.)

Personally I'm kinda calling Isaac in the next General Nintendo Direct. However, if by some miracle Banjo is in, I think it'll be him instead because Banjo would be announced alongside an N64 Mini IMO.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Hey, guess what?! I just randomly went onto the website and saw a Venus Lighthouse song go up briefly! I even got a screenshot! I guess that means Isaac is deconfirmed huh?
View attachment 158008

Because seriously it only took me like 10 minutes to do this using developer tools in Google Chrome. I probably also could've inserted a fake GS icon as well if I really wanted to go further, though it wouldn't be an svg like on the site so it wouldn't look quite as good.
I almost believed this for a split second LOL

but seriously you spent 10 minutes on that and its already better than that other screenshot

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
View attachment 158008

Even with the amount of skills one has, a song that was posted to the Smash Bros website needs to have been seen by a sizable number of people. The Music leak i used as an example.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I almost believed this for a split second LOL

but seriously you spent 10 minutes on that and its already better than that other screenshot
All I did is copy the HTML from Gang-Plank Galleon, changed all the text, and copied the "General" logo to replace the DK logo. Its not that hard if you're into web development and know all the developer tools. I use these tools ALL the time.

Even with the amount of skills one has, a song that was posted to the Smash Bros website needs to have been seen by a sizable number of people. The Music leak i used as an example.
I wasn't trying to make a leak, I was just trying to prove how easy it was.

Also, nice call there. People can make those chairs into whatever they want lol.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
95% of leaks had King K. Rool listed. That didn't make him more likely at all. He has never been likely. When anyone says they expect a character like that to make it in the game..its for some amount of, "I called it" pride. It is nice to have the *IRRELEVANT* character and the *TOO BIG* character together at last. Isaac has a great shot at this due to fan demand too. I started speculating on the forums back in late 2014. The biggest threads back then were the same they are today Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, and Bandanna Dee. (minus Ashley whose thread exploded this year)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
95% of leaks had King K. Rool listed. That didn't make him more likely at all. He has never been likely. When anyone says they expect a character like that to make it in the game..its for some amount of, "I called it" pride. It is nice to have the *IRRELEVANT* character and the *TOO BIG* character together at last. Isaac has a great shot at this due to fan demand too. I started speculating on the forums back in late 2014. The biggest threads back then were the same they are today Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, and Bandanna Dee. (minus Ashley whose thread exploded this year)
IMO, K. Rool was likely (despite many K. Rool fans insistence that he was just never going to happen). However, the reason why he was on all the leaks isn't because he was "likely". Its because he was "expected" after Ridley. There's a difference.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
All I did is copy the HTML from Gang-Plank Galleon, changed all the text, and copied the "General" logo to replace the DK logo. Its not that hard if you're into web development and know all the developer tools. I use these tools ALL the time.

I wasn't trying to make a leak, I was just trying to prove how easy it was.

Also, nice call there. People can make those chairs into whatever they want lol.
That's what i was trying to say. Leaks like that are fairly easy to hoax.
Did people actually see that? Cause i actually didn't plan on sharing it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I just fear we'll be shafted again. No credible leaks are pointing in our direction, and the leakers don't know anything about Isaac's status. I've been through this so many times.

It feels good to know that we're apparently the next most-wanted newcomer (although whether or not that's true in the statistics Sakurai has seen is really not known, correct me if I'm wrong), but I fear that won't be enough. Sakurai has (supposedly) built up this image that Ultimate is for the fans, but in the end he always goes out of his way to develop some weird characters that few/no people asked for and we haven't really seen any of those yet.

I'm not fully convinced that this Smash game's roster is all about appeasing fans. It could just be that Sakurai added a couple of obvious ones (Ridley and King K Rool) and he (and/or Nintendo) wanted them revealed early to build up hype, and then the rest of the roster will be... LABO robot, third party character that has nothing to do with Nintendo, etc.

I want to believe, though. Just been burnt too many times.
To be fair, nobody realistically knew about K. Rool either until 24 hours before the August direct when the contents were leaked practically. I think our boy still definitely has a chance. I'm also on the bandwagon that Sakurai is downplaying how many popular characters he's adding to subvert our expectations. No I don't expect 20 unique newcomers, but I expect nearly 10, with echo fighters filling that gap for this exact reason.

I have a feeling everyone is going to get a little of something of what they wanted

Tetiro

Smash Ace
View attachment 158008

To an extent Loz, but that's debatable. Loz18 did mention a Heroes vs. Villains theme which would kinda imply K. Rool, but otherwise no credible leaks ever once hinted at K. Rool. I mean, sure, he was on every fake leak under the sun, but not only did nobody know for sure he was going to be added, nobody especially called him in that specific direct.

(Though I did predict after Ridley's reveal I thought K. Rool would be the next reveal, or one of the next couple, but that was just a prediction based on me thinking they'd want to announce K. Rool ASAP.)

Personally I'm kinda calling Isaac in the next General Nintendo Direct. However, if by some miracle Banjo is in, I think it'll be him instead because Banjo would be announced alongside an N64 Mini IMO.
NOW THERE'S A FAKE LEAK I CAN GET BEHIND!

All you needed was to make a Golden Sun logo and that would have been 100% believable

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure that part of Isaacs outfit is blue not purple...

It's kinda hard to see but it definitely looks blue to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom