• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday July 20th, Ann Arbor, MI - Digital Ops Biweekly #5!! New Strike Out System!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
IGX and generic are both friends of mine and play with me and abit_rusty/RJ all the time

and yeah definitely pools next time, i know RJ and lain got screwed in brackets, dunno who else lain played but RJ had a hard as balls bracket, like he said he only played joel, anther, and myself who ended up placing 2,1, and 4 respectively.........and the ones i played ended up placing 13,9,7,5,2 lol dunno if that would change with pools but i just noticed that

anyways nice tourney, sad that the UofM guys werent there

soo shoutouts

Joel- wtf i didnt think it was gonna be that hard playing you , you play smart though and play differently than all the other gw's ive played, i got mindgamed by your rep (no johnz lol)
limabean- fail at gw dittos lol
thax- so like you totally change in person? too quiet compared to online lol i wouldnt have thought you were you if you didnt say it, anyways nice gw (better than limabeans).......next time stick to who youre good at though :) though that mk scared me for a bit
dingdong- too funny, ill try to talk more next time........tornadoes are broken btw
lain- 4th place yeahhyuhhzz, also learn to tech loololl, nice ganon......2nd best to sliqs that ive played........also bright colors are better for your hair.......you look too asian right now :p
prime- youre pretty chill, nice matches

P.S. i like how everyone looked at RJ like he just killed someone when he said he 2-0'd joel lol
P.S2 no one said digital ops was in a basement, it took me like 30 minutes walking up and down east liberty to find it lol

Vayseth

Smash Master
This just in:

We are searching for sponsorship right now and were wondering about what kind of Nintendo/console items in the $10 to $25 range would be worth looking in to. If you could all post up things that you would like to see as prizes, we can work on getting some sponsorship for future tournaments!

lain

Smash Master
i played anther first, and then i think i played two people (+two for sure, and maybe someone else?), then joel.

so yeah, my bracket sucked but, no johns.

good **** to everyone. RJ and hot_arms, you guys are super good. i'm not surprised at all haha. amazing ****.

but we need to play in tournament matches (with seeding!) this time. then we'll see. this weekend at rofa's is like..... where the crazy **** is dude. everyone better come!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This just in:

We are searching for sponsorship right now and were wondering about what kind of Nintendo/console items in the $10 to $25 range would be worth looking in to. If you could all post up things that you would like to see as prizes, we can work on getting some sponsorship for future tournaments!
Uh... VC games maybe?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind another GC controller as a prize, assuming it wasn't a ****ty gamestop one... That might be closer to 30 though.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i played anther first, and then i think i played two people (+two for sure, and maybe someone else?), then joel.

so yeah, my bracket sucked but, no johns.

good **** to everyone. RJ and hot_arms, you guys are super good. i'm not surprised at all haha. amazing ****.

but we need to play in tournament matches (with seeding!) this time. then we'll see. this weekend at rofa's is like..... where the crazy **** is dude. everyone better come!
im gonna beat your *** there lain.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
dude bowyer, come to my place this saturday scrub. I'll pay $5 of your entry fee. u scared to lose or what? ;-) carpool anyone?

lain

Smash Master
Rat should come. yayyyyyy

uhhh

whatchu talkin' 'bout omni. you better show me some good *** wolf.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
dude bowyer, come to my place this saturday scrub. I'll pay $5 of your entry fee. u scared to lose or what? ;-) carpool anyone?
My job situation is kinda ehh right now so I don't have the money to drive out there.

And I don't like brawl, but the real reason is because of money issues.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Rat should come. yayyyyyy

uhhh

whatchu talkin' 'bout omni. you better show me some good *** wolf.
wolf Gonna beat that *** and fox dittos in melee are gonna be in my favor two :) lol im also bringing GG and the mann and me are ognna have a fun *** match :)

@ rofa will you pay 5$ or give me 5$ off due to my long *** drive please? if not i wont have enough for gas and the tourney

lain

Smash Master
dude.... i don't know who i want to play anymore. LOL.

there are 4 characters i can't decide uponnnnnn

Vayseth

Smash Master
I am seriously changing the rules throughly, check in within the hour to see how they have changed. This will take effect THIS SUNDAY so make sure to check up on the rules. I will make a summary post after editing the main post.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Stages, rules, flow, and everything has changed. Things to notice:

1. No more doubles
2. Different stage bans
3. Item/non-item tournaments
4. No pools (will be sorted by location instead)

Any questions, please comment here

Rat

Smash Lord
I'll see about coming to at least 1 Ann Arbor tournament this summer. But I am in dumb chicagoland.

You guys should definately go to Damien's Melee tournament, or like Smash and Coffee. I'm probably for sure going to be at those.

Edit:
ITEMS. That would be fun to try. Also I <3 the neutral stages. I hate Lylat and Yoshi's Islandy thing. Pokemon Stadium Melee I'm ok with.

One last thing. PIRATE SHIP!!!!

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
no doubles wtf....man who wanna start tournaments in southfield, ann arbor is getting ridiculous...

the rofa tournaments i can't even afford anymore and the one i planned on going to just cancelled doubles. this is probably how melee died.

we need tournaments just for fun with 5$ entrance, and going to occasional big tournaments is fun too. wasting 20 dollars every week to 2 people who wil probably always get top 2 the rest of the summer isn
t very fun just cause they know our playstyle and the fact its the same people we play all the time.

this dumb, if anyone in southfield got a place i can get something started.

Vayseth

Smash Master
no doubles wtf....man who wanna start tournaments in southfield, ann arbor is getting ridiculous...

the rofa tournaments i can't even afford anymore and the one i planned on going to just cancelled doubles. this is probably how melee died.

we need tournaments just for fun with 5$ entrance, and going to occasional big tournaments is fun too. wasting 20 dollars every week to 2 people who wil probably always get top 2 the rest of the summer isnt very fun just cause they know our playstyle and the fact its the same people we play all the time.
If you don't like it, don't come. I'm trying to appeal to a wider audience and since I'm at a commercial venue, there will be people who play with items on. I will allow that from now on. Also, there aren't always people with partners, so doubles doesn't matter. There is a normal singles so you can come to that, can't you? I don't know why you think not having doubles is the end of the world. These are $5 tournaments for fun. I don't know how you don't get that.

Vayseth

Smash Master
kk, if he bans anything else, I'll edit it. I'll check the day of the tournament before we start so we have a final list of items.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
no doubles? i'm definitely not going, you should have items on singles and doubles instead, or just play a good game like CS.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright, after the flood of complaints I got these changes were made:

Doubles is back in.
The time is back to 1 pm.
Singles will have no items.
Pictochat is counter-pickable.

I have a meeting to be at by 8 pm so we're not going to have pools and I will start doubles no later than 1:30 and singles no later than 5 pm. You have been fully warned.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
DBS, let me ask you: do you think before you post?

this is really rude, posting for your tournament in the digi ops thread. i also noticed that in my thread you posted that you would **** me if I didn't finish the videos by tonight. sure, you were kidding, but kind of poor taste wouldn't you say? (kind of like this post)

comon man

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
DBS, let me ask you: do you think before you post?

this is really rude, posting for your tournament in the digi ops thread. i also noticed that in my thread you posted that you would **** me if I didn't finish the videos by tonight. sure, you were kidding, but kind of poor taste wouldn't you say? (kind of like this post)

comon man
actully rofa this post isint in bad taste. i agree

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Advertising a tournament in another person's thread is pretty rude. I wouldn't do that, even to Khan. And for the **** part... well, everyone knows the answer to the question "do you think before you post?". Just check his posting history. : P

Top Bottom