• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suka-Taka Connection

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
We can assume that Sukapon won't be in, Sakurai has stated twice that he won't be in any future games.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return510.html
-Some guy is whining about Sukapon not being in. Sakurai tells him that Sukapon was planned at one point, but had to be cut. Before you get too excited, Sukapon fans (yes, both of you), Sakurai goes on to say he probably won't appear in the future.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return578.html
-More people complaining about Sukapon's exclusion. Geez, he's not THAT great. Sakurai apologizes and tells them not to expect to see him in the future.
Sakurai also said that the game was going to be released on December 3rd.

And mind you that the only reason Pit as put in as because he was part of the Famicom collection for the GBA in Japan. He was pretty much in the same position as Takamaru. Pit was pretty much a fan demand in the West, and Takamaru is today still a fan demand in the East, reigning as one of the most popular characters wanted.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Why don't you discuss that here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75492

He won't make it but at least you can keep your hopes up, idiot!
Wait, and you support Ness, Midna, and Pacman?

Hint: Takamaru and Skapon has a huge chance of being in while none of those ****ty characters do.

A lot of you are going to be really disappointed if you think these two have no chance in Brawl. Basically Sakurai is already getting rid of ****ty characters like Lyn and Samurai Goroh to make room for the better and more original samurai like Takamaru, while at the same time you can see that he's gotten rid of Little Mac to make room for a better retro spot, something Skapon (or even more obscure characters like Mach Rider and the Balloon Fighter) can fit in perfectly. Basically he made the AT system to get rid of such idiotic **** that people want in Brawl as playable.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't count actually. Because Sakurai said sequal.

Sequal =/= Port
That wouldn't make sense, otherwise Pit wouldn't have gotten in and he wouldn't be willing to read so many Takamru suggestions. But Tirkaro already adressed that I guess. Plus it's hard to find the GBA version of Nazo No Murasame Jou, it's sold out everywhere online, I had to get it off of ebay, and even then there was like only one copy among the mountains of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus GBA games.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Not more than you for supporting these characters.
*looks at your sig* Pacman & midna? Oh the irony. Before you start throwing out lame arguements against intelligent people like Tikaro and the rest of the people here, I suggest you refrain from posting :laugh:

You say they wont be in? at all? Well 10$ says Taka is already playable along with Sukapon. To even up the bet, I think sukapon will be the last unlockable. Lets see who will have the last laugh.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, PACMAN is as unlikely as Teddy Ruxpin making it in. Yeah, I like MasterMushroom's predictions. Suka-Taka 4 brawl!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Takamaru looks like he's certainly going to be in. Unfortunately, my confidence in Sukapon being playable has come under doubt. Although, Sakurai has said more recently that he has "landed his eye on Joy Mech Fight affectionately." :ohwell: I want him in almost as much as Ridley...

You know you want to see that. >>

(I kind of like the idea of Midna & Wolf Link being playable... :ohwell:)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Since when does being obscure equal to being ****ty?

Anyways, Takamaru would be amazing in Brawl. Sukapon, while I support Takamaru more, would be very intresting in Brawl.

vesperview

Smash Hero
*looks at your sig* Pacman & midna? Oh the irony. Before you start throwing out lame arguements against intelligent people like Tikaro and the rest of the people here, I suggest you refrain from posting :laugh:

You say they wont be in? at all? Well 10$ says Taka is already playable along with Sukapon. To even up the bet, I think sukapon will be the last unlockable. Lets see who will have the last laugh.
I couldn't care less who gets the last laugh, I don't think they'll make it and I stand by my statement, now **** off! and Midna and Pacman stand more of a chance than these two, Pacman is a videogame icon who has even appeared in Mario Kart for the Arcade, it is Namco's most famous character and they are in very good terms with Nintendo, and Midna is a mainstream Zelda character who could be easily given a moveset, like Sheik.

[sarcasm]If someone is intelligent for wanting Sukapon and Takamaru in brawl then God, most people are ****ing idiots. [/sarcasm]

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't care less who gets the last laugh, I don't think they'll make it and I stand by my statement, now **** off! and Midna and Pacman stand more of a chance than these two, Pacman is a videogame icon who has even appeared in Mario Kart for the Arcade, it is Namco's most famous character and they are in very good terms with Nintendo, and Midna is a mainstream Zelda character who could be easily given a moveset, like Sheik.

[sarcasm]If someone is intelligent for wanting Sukapon and Takamaru in brawl then God, most people are ****ing idiots. [/sarcasm]
Temper, temper... Obviously the roster would suck if you were in command. Leave this to the people who have logical and CREATIVE ideas.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Pacman is a ****TY game icon, you forgot the mention that.

And until you give reasons instead of actual bias, shut the **** up, seriously, because all you're being is some ignorant ****.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Luke I'm just not talking to you anymore, your a moron and you don't listen to anything. Your clouded by your own bias, your favourite characters have a huge chance but everyone elses favourite characters suck and that is exactly what you say.

he said he would definitely get in if his GBA port sold well later. stop bending sakurai's words.
No I have sources saying that if he got a sequal he would get in dumb ***.

what are you, an idiot? this question was taken years ago. for all we know, he could have changed his mind since then.
Or he could have not changed his mind.

oh, and someone who still supports tom nook has no right to say sukapon is deconfirmed.
Well Sakurai said that he doesn't want Sukapon in, Tom Nook can still go either way.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
If you're talking about the SSB original questionnaire then no, that's not a source. And that's not the reason he claimed he would get in in the MOST recent suggestions, as his situation was compare with Pit's. And I doubt anyone who has to resort to mudslinging would have "sources" anyway.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I was talking about the SSBM, and hi situation doesn't compare to Pit's because Pit's game recieved a sequal making it a series. Plus Pit is actually well known. The NES generation is allready well represented with Pit and the Ice Climbers, they need to represent other parts of Nintendo's history too.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Luke I'm just not talking to you anymore, your a moron and you don't listen to anything. Your clouded by your own bias, your favourite characters have a huge chance but everyone elses favourite characters suck and that is exactly what you say.
No not really. I'm just getting sick and tired of idiots coming in and proclaiming that high potential characters with extremely high chances have no chance at all. There's a fine difference in between saying, "I don't want this character in Brawl." than saying, "This character won't be in at all, he has no chance." Especially when you say that without knowing what you're talking about.

Seriously, all your claims against the characters is simply blinded by your own bias, at all. There's no logic in proclaiming that such characters have a small chance even though they ranked high on Sakurai's poll (yes, it does count, and don't say that Link's Uncle bullsh-t, because he was on the way bottom of the list, he doesn't even matter), showing that Sakurai does reconize the existence of such characters greatly; both games selling well at their time (with Nazo being one of the highest selling games in the Famicom classic release of it); both characters being extremely popular in Japan and hold a very strong fanbase, kinda like with Pit here in the West, around the popularity of Marth from Fire Emblem (wouldn't say Sigurd, though), who made it into Melee and will probably make it into Brawl; and not to mention, Takamaru holds a very strong place in Nintendo's history right next to Link (and yes, for ****'s sake, do your research, both games sold about the same number of copies in Japan when they were released at the same time), although he never got a sequel simply because of the factor of not having a worldwide popularity.

Seriously, get over it. Takamaru and Skapon has a chance either you like it or not. Don't you DARE ever say they don't, period.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
your hipocracy burns my eyes. ouch.

No I have sources saying that if he got a sequal he would get in dumb ***.
yes, and afterwards, he said that that he would then decide judging by how well the port would sell. dum bass.

Or he could have not changed his mind.
or you just cant accept anything if it contridicts with your opinions. the only reason why he didn't get in was because of physics difficulties and they had no time to fix it. now they have all the time in the world, and he knows that sukapon is a demanded character.

Well Sakurai said that he doesn't want Sukapon in, Tom Nook can still go either way.
see, thats just a perfect example of your extreme bias and hypocrisy. you say sukapon is deconfirmed because of an answer to a question made years ago. nook is quite clearly part of a stage, AKA, not playable. look, I got over that deoxys was deconfirmed, and "normal deoxys" wasn't going to happen. why cant you just get over that nook is bounded by the battlefield and the background? and even if I should belive you (which I dont) how is nook not deconfirmed, but sukapon not? you once again make me thankful you and vesperview aren't sakurai. if you were, brawl would have the most dull and uncreative roster in the history of fighting games.

vesperview

Smash Hero

Why don't you people keep that in mind... specially those who call themselves intelligent in this thread, seriously your nothing but close minded seriously Sukapon and Takamaru are nothing but a big pile of ****, I stand by that and they won't be in the game so keep posting here, bye!

Plus you don't have good arguments to support their inclusion, he was in the poll doesn't count at this point, and everytime you want to flame me you just mention my sig... which is way off topic BTW.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord

Why don't you people keep that in mind... specially those who call themselves intelligent in this thread, seriously your nothing but stupid close minded ****s, seriously Sukapon and Takamaru are nothing but a big pile of ****, I stand by that and they won't be in the game so keep posting here, bye!
Prime example of a typical idiotic Smashboarder.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
This thread is ****ed. And so are Luke and trikario get over your retro bias and you'll see Sukapon and Takamaru aren't that wanted.
I don't have a bias at all. I just want them in, just as much as you don't want them in.

The difference is, that you're proclaiming that they won't be in because they supposedly "have no chance." Even after being explained to you that they do have a very high chance, you still ignore that and continue on with your idiocy.

However, I'm not proclaiming that they'll be in or not, but I am saying that their high chance is literally a fact, either you deny it or not. It's not a fact if I said that they should be in, as that is just my personal taste, but it is one when I literally explain why they have a high chance of being in with literally facts. You, however, proclaim that they shouldn't be in as a fact, and make up complete nonfactual and biased bull**** about how they shouldn't be.
No dude that's totally you, seriously stop looking for my posts to flame me, this is the last reply I'm ever gonna give you so please, ignore my posts as I do yours and get a life!
Oh really? Is that why you used a very unfunny and old meme in your post to try to get some point or something?

And no, I'm not going to stop looking for your post, because they're literally full of ignorance and bias. Maybe if you had some reasoning to your opinions I would accept them, I'm honestly cool with that, but you proclaim it as a fact without nothing to back it up.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This thread is ****ed. And so are Luke and trikario get over your retro bias and you'll see Sukapon and Takamaru aren't that wanted.
right back at ya buddy. I want variety and exciting characters in smash as much you want uncreative and boring characters from already represented franchises.

its you who's a lot more biased. taka and suka are both unique characters who are very popular in japan, and have cult fanbases in america, and, at least takamaru, is important to nintendo's history. and dont use that "only one game" BS on me, look at ice climbers.

Your reasons are just your unsourced bias.
ran out of reasonable arguements already? why am I not surprised.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My question is why Vesperview and xianfeng came here in the first place.

I could go into a Pacman thread and say a WHOLE bunch of **** and piss everybody off but I don't because it's stupid. Then both of you come in here and tout your negativism. Stop. It's annoying. We don't care if you don't like Sukapon and Takamaru. I don't like Pacman but I havnt brought that up yet.

Ok, so you have legit arguements. We don't wanna hear them. And we don't give a **** about it. I think Takamaru would be awesome because he's:
1) Japan only and we know Japan pwns everything in the world.
2) Samurai > Ninjas > Pirates.
3) He has blue hair. Sakurai loves blue haired men.

I don't care if it's not "intellegent". It's just fun. Get off your intellectual high horses and grow up a little.

Unsourced bias? Who gives a ****? It's for ****ing fun. God this is a bunch of bull****. Haha. Some people seriously just need to laugh and have a bit of fun.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Wow you people really take your crap seriously, is not about wanting the most obvious choices is about being realistic, seriously if you think you're smart and witty for wanting Cloud and Starfy in Brawl you're actually the complete opposite, just because you want these characters in, it doesn't make anyone an idiot for not agreeing with you, simple as that.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

I could go into a Pacman thread and say a WHOLE bunch of **** and piss everybody off but I don't because it's stupid. Then both of you come in here and tout your negativism. Stop. It's annoying. We don't care if you don't like Sukapon and Takamaru. I don't like Pacman but I havnt brought that up yet.

Ok, so you have legit arguements. We don't wanna hear them. And we don't give a **** about it. I think Takamaru would be awesome because he's:

I can seriously hear now "yOU DONT HAVE SOURCES!!" or "THOSE ARE STUPID REASONS!!!". News flash. I don't care.

I don't care if it's not "intellegent". It's just fun. Get off your intellectual high horses and grow up a little.

xianfeng said:
Your reasons are just your unsourced bias.
And yours isn't? Unless I am not mistaken, thinking a character is ****ty because he is retro IS a biased statement.

And as for the retarted picture, while it doesn't bother me. I used to be friends with some mentally retarted people back in the day. They were alot more fun and exiciting then you two.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Wow you people really take your crap seriously, is not about wanting the most obvious choices is about being realistic, seriously if you think you're smart and witty for wanting Cloud and Starfy in Brawl you're actually the complete opposite, just because you want these characters in, it doesn't make anyone an idiot for not agreeing with you, simple as that.
It's not that. It's the fact that you're proclaiming that they have no chance and will not be in Brawl. Like I said, there's a fine difference in between saying that you don't want them in and claiming that they don't have a chance at all.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
sorry....I dont got much to contribute to this....except for Sukapon would be frikin awethum and would be very unique and Takamaru will FINALLY be a sword-user who isnt styled after European swordplay....also they could also revive their games even if it is miniscule like a Virtual Console port...or a something really nice like a Mystery of Murasame Castle game for the Wii with 1:1 swordfighting mechanics with a nice adventure, tons of action and a whole bunch of other goodies that makes a good game great...

vesperview

Smash Hero

Unsourced bias? Who gives a ****? It's for ****ing fun. God this is a bunch of bull****. Haha. Some people seriously just need to laugh and have a bit of fun.
I have as much a right as a member of these boards to dislike a character and say so in their thread, as does everybody else, I just don't like it when they get way too personal, I mean someone said they had ****ed my mom just because I wouldn't like having Isaac as a playable character in the game in the Isaac thread, now is it ok to say that over a forum discussion of a videogame? I think not!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I have as much a right as a member of these boards to dislike a character and say so in their thread, as does everybody else, I just don't like it when they get way too personal, I mean someone said they had ****ed my mom just because I wouldn't like having Isaac as a playable character in the game in the Isaac thread.
Ugh, dude, seriously.
me. said:
It's not that. It's the fact that you're proclaiming that they have no chance and will not be in Brawl. Like I said, there's a fine difference in between saying that you don't want them in and claiming that they don't have a chance at all.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*sigh* C'mon people... We already have perfectly good threads for both Takamaru and Sukapon.Besides, there is no real connection between these characters anyway, aside from them both starring in Nintendo Famicom era games that were not released outside of Japan - I know that it was only for a catchy title, but still...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First off...sorry for the stupid rant. I have had a headache for the past week and I found out next week I have three exams back to back and they happen to be my HARD classes so I am a bit ..... on edge.

Anyways, I think personal attacks online are stupid. So the entire Issac thing is just stupid as you know. My complaint was we are trying to discuss ideas about Sukapon and Takamaru however you have to come in here and call us idiotic for liking the two character who happen to be on Sakurai's poll. That's fine and dandy however it's gone into a entire flame war. To say one group is biased and then say you are not is hypocritical. By calling them group biased, you are in fact biased against the group you are accusing.

Granted the pro-sukapon and takamaru supported are int he wrong for flaming. However, if you come into a character thread flaming both character and posters, you should expect to be attacked (as you proably know). As well, knowing how the mods are like here, they could close this thread and I would prefer not it being closed.

So it goes...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I personally would love to have Sukapon as a playable character I think he could be fun and unique, I however do not think that his chances are that high, he is japan only, retro and Sakurai said he won't be in any future installments after SSBM was released.

Takamaru however I just don't want in, I do however achnowledge that he has a moderate chance, no where near a large or big chance and is far from a shoe in. I would say about 50/50.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally would love to have Sukapon as a playable character I think he could be fun and unique, I however do not think that his chances are that high, he is japan only, retro and Sakurai said he won't be in any future installments after SSBM was released.

Takamaru however I just don't want in, I do however achnowledge that he has a moderate chance, no where near a large or big chance and is far from a shoe in. I would say about 50/50.
Ok, starting over...why don't you think Takamaru would not be good in Brawl? What are your reasons for thniking he has only a moderate chance?

Top Bottom