• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
ohh i see. no johns but i played badly in most of my first matches =P except vs. wobbles, where he probably played bad.

okay, no johns except that one <_<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We have pools footage? xD Well I did notice me not getting as much stock as I did the first match haha. xD I guess I'm too predictable or something. hope to play you again though. : D

Omega.

Smash Rookie
Sooo just came back from our equivalent of apex, biggest Euro melee tournament of all time and got the honour of highest placing jiggs :D

Still did **** though lool, only got 33rd

Why are there no EU jiggs at all?
lol I placed as high as you

I am the puff who lost the first crew match in puff ditto with you :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
<333 gratzi hermano
All this time I thought you were pure blooded Irish...
Man I feel out of the loop ;)

I am actually proud of how well my puff was performing (outside of singles pools)
I was wrecking people in teams and in my MM's. Even friendlies I was tearing it up hahaha.

Best moment tho was when Mango was coaching me vs HBox and then HBox, Mango and Taj were coaching me vs some others lol.

Hahaha greatness. Can't ask for much better.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Don't ever roll from the ledge.
Nair > Rest at 0% en dreamland isn't a good idea.
Needs more grabs and bairs also.

idea

Smash Master
mostly it was spacing. you spent too much time inside his zone-of-being-able-to-hit-you. and you kept hitting his shield and landing too close.

and...you kept moving the same way. you float in, do one aerial, float in, do another, float back and reset jumps. he caught on and started hitting you as your were floating back for the second one (or third, etc.). i forget, but this might have been mostly one match and not the other.

and yeah, more bairs, less fairs.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Alright, thank you everyone. Ya see the problem is the pills really mess up my spacing, i dont know wht to do about that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright, thank you everyone. Ya see the problem is the pills really mess up my spacing, i dont know wht to do about that.
Yeah we need some space to pill you or we are doomed to getting hit, since we can't do anything WHILE pilling. Luckily for you we aren't falco, so our pills aren't fast, but they do bounce. If you are high, the doc would probably pill high. : D If you are close to us we have to run away and pill. (hate that bair gah)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Jiggs has a very unique jab.

BTW against Doc you want to focus on grabbing him as much as possible.

Approach with reverse nair and try landing behind him.

At any percent under 15, opt for a rest....

rest is so important in this matchup, kinda like playing peach. Otherwise you just trade all day.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
What are some combos off of the dair that I can do? That move seems pretty meh. Also, are there different times that you can choose to fast fall the dair? Does it even make a difference?

Also, I seem to have trouble seeing opportunities to rest. Any tips on that? I'm kind of a nub at Jiggz outside of bair spam.

One last thing: Does a jump have to follow a rising pound in order to recover with rising pound? I ask because it seems like rising pound --> rising pound doesn't actually give you much height -- if any.

Mahone

Smash Champion
What are some combos off of the dair that I can do? That move seems pretty meh. Also, are there different times that you can choose to fast fall the dair? Does it even make a difference?

Also, I seem to have trouble seeing opportunities to rest. Any tips on that? I'm kind of a nub at Jiggz outside of bair spam.

One last thing: Does a jump have to follow a rising pound in order to recover with rising pound? I ask because it seems like rising pound --> rising pound doesn't actually give you much height -- if any.
dair to grab is the most practical i think, just practice lcanceling dair, it can be kinda tricky, u can also do dair to rest.

I dont really know how to help u SEE rest opportunities, so i would suggest learning the guaranteed rest combos and understand why they work and that might help, for example if falco fsmashes your shield u can rest him, so think about other moves people do on your shield, and if you think the amount of frames to jump out of shield and get the hitbox of rest on them is less that the number of frames their move's lag is, u can rest it.

Yes jump has to follow it, otherwise the best u can do is not lose any height, but u cant gain height.

idea

Smash Master
just start spamming rest in friendlies, you'll eventually get used to it (not ONLY rest, but always try to work toward it). raynex told me to do that once and it worked very well =P focus your brain on trying to hit with rest and you'll figure it out eventually.

and yeah, one jump per rising pound.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
mahone

he was using jump backwards -> pill a lot. that means that once he's at the edge, he loses his major defensive option. you should go for bairs to force him far enough back that he can't jump away and pill you and then force him to do risky things to cross back over to your other side. then grab/bair/whatever him out of those. instead you were willing to fight in the middle and aim aerials at unsafe places and times.

Mahone

Smash Champion
mahone

he was using jump backwards -> pill a lot. that means that once he's at the edge, he loses his major defensive option. you should go for bairs to force him far enough back that he can't jump away and pill you and then force him to do risky things to cross back over to your other side. then grab/bair/whatever him out of those. instead you were willing to fight in the middle and aim aerials at unsafe places and times.
true true, thanks for the advice, its so gay cuz i have all this boss practice so i thought i would win, but boss plays really aggresive and i wasnt ready for his gay play style, but what made it even worse is he spent the whole tournament talking about how jiggs was broken and gay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rest as a pill is about to hit you so that it wakes you up. It'll make the Doc want to approach you. Epic mindgames.
LOL nice. That probably should be when we are close, so that we think it was his mistake (cuz if we are pilling from afar well, there wouldn't be a chance he rested us anyways)

And I guess you should watch out how the pill bounces, if you rest too early and it bounces over you, FIELD DAY

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Idea: Where the heck did you find that sig? It has been kinda bothering me.

idea

Smash Master
oh, actually, i made it =D i looked for an existing gif of basically that and couldn't find any, so i decided to make one. took me hours, too, i ended up going through like three programs before figuring out a good way of doing it/finding a good tutorial.

yeah, i'm kinda proud of it, i invested a lot of time there =P spread it around the internets if you like.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Bit of a hyperbole, I think its like 32% actually, which is the highest of all characters iirc
Getting the roll is based on how much knockback or stun or whatever the jab produces. For Sheik vs characters it's 32% but since Jigglypuff's jab is super duper weak and incredibly puny, it doesn't give the extra options versus many relevant characters until very high percents. Notably the fast fallers. Because everything works on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom