• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman

i once tried to pay both darc and mango to jiggs ditto each other. And, they both said they'd rather not get $5. I was like, "aww. I wanted to watch that." and, now, i'm pretty sure it'll never happen.

Sad times.

Though, maybe next time i see them together, i'll be like, $20 each. Though, they'd both still probably say no. Lol.
who are you!

ScrapMettle

Smash Cadet
Mahone needs to stop feeding trolls. Flame wars are funny, but if they don't even put effort into it and just go "lol u n00b" the only reason to respond is to up your post count.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Mahone needs to stop feeding trolls. Flame wars are funny, but if they don't even put effort into it and just go "lol u n00b" the only reason to respond is to up your post count.
Ya ive been on 4chan for the last 72 hours so i could figure out how the internet works, and now i know to only respond to the haters with funny pictures or **** like u mad?

... and the only reason i responded to u is cuz i no u in real life

Mahone

Smash Champion
hey guys i just played at my first tournament. ive only been playing smash competitively for a little over a month so i was wondering if you guys could critique my puff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDvyEIYxKHY&feature=feedu thanks

oh and would you guys have rested in that situation? i knew i was pretty screwed anyways tho... lol
if u want in depth advice, ill walk you through ur matches on skype, but if you don't care that much than i will just give my very general tips cuz i hate typing....

-stop landing next to peach, you will just get downsmashed
-stop lingering in sheild, get back up in the air

The last rest was ok i guess cuz ther was a chance he would die of the top, but you coulda fsmashed to be safe

Tamoo

Smash Master
You could also upair to rest

And in general tips, you pounded a bit too often when it was very unneccesary, it's a generally unsafe move unless required for recovering

And nair is a good move

idea

Smash Master
=( i felt kind of bad about not helping armada out in that matchup. i mean, i don't know how i would have gotten through the crowd to talk to him, but he wasn't doing float back to fair at all, and that's like one of peach's main things against jiggs. spaced well, it actually beats jiggs' bair <_<

(LOL sorry hbox, i just want everyone to learn the vs. jiggs matchups so they can stop complaining :laugh:)

anyway, agreed, shield is bad against peach. if she fairs then dsmashes your shield the last one or two hits of dsmash will generally go through it.

grab is pretty good against peach. puff as a character makes peach shield a lot, since she often can't move fast enough to get away from jiggs' spacing. (doesn't matter which throw you use really, lol...i usually fthrow, try to either get her offstage or force a slow-*** tech)

in general you landed next to him too often. go to 1:53 or so...he's just standing there, waiting to crouch cancel your fairs. that's when you should bair at a distance. jiggs' fair is for when peach is already in the air and hasn't started up her own fair yet.

dthrow her onto a platform and rest her at low percent. WHY DOES NO ONE ELSE DO THIS. EVERYONE TECHS IT IN PLACE. (marth and sheik too)

there might be more but ff9 is calling me.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Idea takes the things I say too seriously in friendlies :laugh:

I mean, Peach's Fair *can* beat it, but float back Fair isn't exactly some ridiculously broken answer to Jigglypuff's Bair that forever trumps it.

Your Bair is faster and actually possesses more horizontal range than her Fair. So, as usual, if you're properly level with Peach when you both go for your Fair and Bair, yours will win pretty easily unless she started her move way before you did.

More than likely if her Fair is trumping your Bair, it has more to do with Peach coming in at an angle (probably just slightly above the Bair; Puff's Bair is remarkably linear) or it's a timing issue.

Mahone

Smash Champion

I mean, Peach's Fair *can* beat it, but float back Fair isn't exactly some ridiculously broken answer to Jigglypuff's Bair that forever trumps it.

Your Bair is faster and actually possesses more horizontal range than her Fair. So, as usual, if you're properly level with Peach when you both go for your Fair and Bair, yours will win pretty easily unless she started her move way before you did.

More than likely if her Fair is trumping your Bair, it has more to do with Peach coming in at an angle (probably just slightly above the Bair; Puff's Bair is remarkably linear) or it's a timing issue.
no i agree, its hard as **** to space, and its not like you just spam fair and win, but it forces you to be unpredictable with your bairs because if you have patterns she can fair inbetween your bairs.

All it does is make the jiggs have to space instead of spam, i still think this matchup is in jiggs favor by alot.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
"Peach Fair inbetween Jigglypuff Bairs is troublesome and forces you to not spam" is not the same as "Peach Fair beats Jigglypuff's Bair" which is what Idea said.

You can spam Bairs fine against Peach, you just have to fade back a lot when you do it so her float back and forth and double jump nonsense doesn't poke you. The whole air game is just abusing your greater horizontal range and aerial mobility to remove Peach's ability to really attack you effectively. Darc made an amazing post about it a while ago, I forgot to save it, if you search it you will likely find it. It had some matches of him ****** Vanz attached to it.

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya i no, im agreeing with you, its just u said it doesnt do jack ****, and its the internet so i couldn't tell if you were exaggerating or not

idea

Smash Master

i think we have a different understanding of the word "beat". in my mind it's similar to "outprioritize". jiggs' bair is definitely better in the matchup overall, but what i meant is that if you bump the two together, peach's fair will hit jiggs, and jiggs' bair will not hit peach. assuming correct spacing on both sides.

also to be more specific, armada was only fairing after hitting hbox with a turnip, when it would combo. that's good too, but i don't think he even once floated BACKWARD while fairing.

on the other hand i'm kind of glad he didn't, cause that would have made those matches even campier.

i agree with the horizontal mobility part.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Assuming correct spacing on both sides is impossible because the two moves have completely different positional demands.

If you bump both moves together with Peach's at an angle, Peach wins.

If you bump both moves together with Peach and Puff relatively level with one another, Puff wins.

idea

Smash Master
Assuming correct spacing on both sides is impossible because the two moves have completely different positional demands.

If you bump both moves together with Peach's at an angle, Peach wins.

If you bump both moves together with Peach and Puff relatively level with one another, Puff wins.
oh, okay.

althouuugh, peach's fair is always going to be coming in at that overhead angle. so it sounds like it would be more accurate to say that fair beats bair most of the time.

in any case, spacing fairs with peach against puff is a good choice and will often work.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Also seems like despite the fact that peach has good horizontal mobility, Jiggs is just faster and able to space the bair to prevent the spammed fairs from ever really having the advantageous angle

Brookman

Smash Hero
also seems like despite the fact that peach has good horizontal mobility, jiggs is just faster and able to space the bair to prevent the spammed fairs from ever really having the advantageous angle
[Caps]except when she jumps out of your full jump range lol[/caps]

Brookman

Smash Hero
Can't Puff just spend a couple double jumps and get to that level? >.>

I've seen Hungrybox do it and it seems pretty good.
That still puts you under peach's fair, that's really all I've got. All I'm questioning is the speed at which you can DJ to reach her level. At this point would we even be going for a back air or is there a better way to punish the fair after it comes out??

In the situation peach has already used her double jump is is presumably floating.

Wtfh is going on here???

<----doesn't play this game

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If she's already used her double jump just get under her and spam Uair lol

If she's so super duper high that Puff can't feasibly get on her level she's probably too high for the Fair to do much anyway and if she's double jumped to get there, you might as well just try to get directly under her and start Uairing

Brookman

Smash Hero
**** YEA!@!!

That is literally what I thought immediately. In fact, I began watching his hitbox frames right after posting that last one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

edit: massive fail on idea for breaking our 8 post streak.

ROOFLz

Brookman

Smash Hero
Yo Darc, $4.99 money match.

Puff Ditto
2.0 Damage Ratio
5 Stocks
Hyrule Temple's bottom platform.
REST ONLY.

Mahone

Smash Champion
im picking up kirby, u guys should too, u just double bair and win and then people cant ***** about tier list ****!

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Question: Can puff spam bairs on grounded characters? I sorta know that she can but everytime I try to spam someone like fox I end up hitting the ground... Do I just need better timing with each jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom