• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Story Mode & Adventure Mode~ Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
DIALOGUE?
I would like there to be situations where every character would react the way they would normally in their games. I wouldn't want to be given the choice on how they would react... They're Nintendo characters, they already have personalities and SSB is just a good arena for them to show off who these characters are. For most characters, their reactions would probably be a vague emotional noise and an expression. For the characters with dialogue responses, I would prefer the Nintendo standby of an emotive noise paired a dialogue box with what they're actually saying instead of voicing it over.
How about this? Talking chars join other talking chars first and not talking chars join other not talking chars first.
When they will be all together they will too numerous to notice istantly that some characters talk and other don't.
This will lead to different starting approaches for each one. More action for the not talking chars and more strategy for the talking chars.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
How about this? Talking chars join other talking chars first and not talking chars join other not talking chars first.
When they will be all together they will too numerous to notice istantly that some characters talk and other don't.
This will lead to different starting approaches for each one. More action for the not talking chars and more strategy for the talking chars.
Heh. Actually pretty smart- so, some groups would be pretty much doing charades at each other while epic music plays in the background while the other groups will have comical banter. I like it.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I also think it would be interesting if every story has intentionally some plotholes you can fill only by playing the stories of all the characters.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yea, I can imagine now, having some characters with voice acting be very awesome especially with either Lucas or Pit or any Fire Emblem character, who would benefit the most out of it.

D

Deleted member

I think there should be chapters. Chapters can be divided for each area or character. Like Ch.1 Mario, Ch.2 Link, Ch.3 Fox and so on. Or chapters can be Urban, Jungle, Castle, Cavern, Desert, Ocean, Factory, or Military Base. Each chapter, you'll fight against a boss at the end.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I think there should be chapters. Chapters can be divided for each area or character. Like Ch.1 Mario, Ch.2 Link, Ch.3 Fox and so on. Or chapters can be Urban, Jungle, Castle, Cavern, Desert, Ocean, Factory, or Military Base. Each chapter, you'll fight against a boss at the end.
Like in Mortal Kombat or Injustice, but how would Co-op be involved

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Characters = Prologues
Areas = Chapters

How about that?

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I have some questions about that Adventure Mode:

1)Why don't put a new villain instead of Tabuu or Master Hand?
2)What think about voice actors in Super Smash Bros 4?
3)How must be the new gimmicks for that Adventure Mode?
4)What think about two or more maps for stages? Just like Brawl have only one map!!
5)And the characters becoming trophies is a bad idea? (In the Adventure Mode Cutscenes)
6)Will have stages from other games or just originality?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1. Who becomes the boss of the new adventure mode is anyone's guess... Nothing is known.

2. I expect voice actors to stay the same, mostly.

3. Gimmicks? Not sure what you're talking about.

4. More than one map.... Dunno about that.

5. Personally, I don't think characters turning into trophies is a bad idea.

6. Preferably a mix of original and stages from games.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

4)What think about two or more maps for stages? Just like Brawl have only one map!!
5)And the characters becoming trophies is a bad idea? (In the Adventure Mode Cutscenes)
1) I agree!

2) I think they are fine as they are.

3) Explain your concept of gimmiks with sample from the past games.

4) How about a world map and sub maps like in Super Mario World?

5) No! I like it. But this time I want to see why and how they are frozen in such poses, not just BLAST and the character is forced to get that pose.

6) Original stages, but the starting ones having the style of the character you start the game with.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Don't know if this has been suggested, but I like the idea of the Adventure Mode just being one huge world consisting of various Nintendo locations that transition into one another; basically a Metroidvania sort of mode combined with some concepts from Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. There'd be a bunch collectibles (trophies, CDs, costumes perhaps?) hidden around the world that only some characters can reach. You could have a small passageway that only Snake could crawl through, or a large gap that only a gliding character could get across. So it'd basically be The Great Maze, but not incredibly boring and tedious.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
3) Explain your concept of gimmiks with sample from the past games.
3. Gimmicks? Not sure what you're talking about.
Gimmicks are things used in videogame series: Let us cite an examples:

GIMMICKS USED IN THE MARIO SERIES

? Blocks
P-Switches
Coins
Mushrooms
Plataforms

GIMMICKS USED IN KIRBY SERIES

Door Switches
Warpstar
Food

GIMMICKS USED IN SONIC SERIES

Rings
Monitors
Springs
Chaos Emeralds

GIMMICKS USED IN DK SERIES

Barrels
The K O N G letters
Bonus Barrel

I hope that you understand this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
More enemies from Nintendo games rather than only using made-up ones besides a few Mario enemies.

Octoroks, Waddle Dees, Monoeyes, Metroids, Topis, Kremlings need some love too.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Gimmicks are things used in videogame series: Let us cite an examples:

GIMMICKS USED IN THE MARIO SERIES

? Blocks
P-Switches
Coins
Mushrooms
Plataforms

GIMMICKS USED IN KIRBY SERIES

Door Switches
Warpstar
Food

GIMMICKS USED IN SONIC SERIES

Rings
Monitors
Springs
Chaos Emeralds

GIMMICKS USED IN DK SERIES

Barrels
The K O N G letters
Bonus Barrel

I hope that you understand this.
I see. Then I'd like the return of the trophy stands or whatever with their same function.
As already said I'd like if there are some characters in the backgrond, taken from the various series, to interact with: Some will challenge you into a race, some will give you a mission and some other ones will give a criptic suggestion.

More enemies from Nintendo games rather than only using made-up ones besides a few Mario enemies.

I'd like to find classic enemies and enemies made by merging two classic enemies together. Once you beat them up they splits into their two components. To obtain their trophies you have to merge the trophies of their components. And by trying all the combinations of enemies you can even discover the hybrids that didn't made into the game. Or you might obtain other classic enemies (Sample: Bullet Bill + Koopa Troopa = Nella). Maybe you can even merge the enemies with other things than other enemies (Sample: bullet bill + mega mushroom = banzai bill).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Or a Kamayto.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Let's do a character team-up wish-list, what I mean by this who are accompanying each other in the story. ex. from brawl, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer, Fox and Diddy. You can use any character you want in smash, no flaming about choosing certain characters.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Let's do a character team-up wish-list, what I mean by this who are accompanying each other in the story. ex. from brawl, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer, Fox and Diddy. You can use any character you want in smash, no flaming about choosing certain characters.
Sounds good enough. I'll bite.

• Donkey Kong, Falco, and Little Mac (I imagine them all meeting up at a construction site in Brooklyn :75M:)
  • Pikachu and Samus (I just really liked this pairing in Brawl.)
  • Starfy and Luigi (Starfy's absentminded optimism would clash well with Luigi's cautious personality, I think.)
  • Pit and Samus (long-lost counterparts)
  • Link and Takamaru (so they can fight Pit and Samus)
  • Captain Falcon and Sonic (Sonic tries to outrun the Blue Falcon, and the two develop a friendly rivalry)
  • R.O.B. and Snake/Megaman (Snake/Megaman tries to defeat R.O.B., thinking he's a Metal Gear/Maverick. After a battle, they clear things up and join forces.)
  • Waddle Dee and Meta Knight (WD gets separated from King Dedede, so Meta Knight finds him and forces him to work as a crewman on the Halberd.)
  • Yoshi and Toon Link (Toon Link crashes his ship into Yoshi's Island)
  • Mario, Pokemon Trainer, and Ness (Just so I can call them the Red Hat Society.)
  • Lucario, Isaac, and Ike and/or Roy (I just feel like these characters would have good synergy.)
  • All the villains except for Ridley and Mewtwo (I want all the baddies to join forces against the heroes in the story. Ridley would just be trying to kill Samus though, and Mewtwo would probably play an anti-hero role.)

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I dreamt of two bosses, the first one was Belcha, the first boss of Donkey Kong Country 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3UbgyC4Nww

Eccept this time he had a whole body and not just a head. But he was made of wood, so very flammable. All you had to do was setting the fire and resisting his attacks (getting stronger because of the flames) till he was all consumed.
I think this one is pretty realistic as a boss, since he didn't die in its game, and he could be just the first devceloped piece of itself.
The other boss I dreamt was, well, at least surprising if Nintendo made it for real. SHE was like a disturbing sexy Rule 63 version of Petey Pirana, wearing polka dot panties under a polka dot dress. And the disturbing part was you had to strip her. Yeah! As you hit her first came off the skirt, then the top and at this point you were in trouble because her... ehm... "nipples" were actually two machine gun flowers, rotating their petals as she was using them. Is that just crazy or so crazy it could actually work?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lol I like the Starfy & Luigi-one, sounds like trouble for Luigi all the time.

Anyway:

- Lip & Olimar (Lip becomes interested on his Pikmin and starts to follow him.)

- Lloyd & Cless (together?) and Roy (find him unconcious, helps him reunite with others. I read Roy is idealistic, and so is Lloyd in his game, so wondered if that'd work.)

- Kirby and Pac-Man (Rivalry, both compete for food though Pac seems more of munching Kirby's food, which angers Kirby)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isaac and Mr. Resetti should be together. (Both are ground pokémon. :troll:)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"This game universe and that game universe have NOTHING to do with each other!" - Viridi

Both appearing in the same game and that being acknowledged somehow would be hilarious. :laugh:
That WOULD be funny! Maybe at one point, Pit is perplexed at how hard the Komaytoes are, and Samus is confused over why the Metriods can be destroyed the melee attacks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of teams, I'd like if the story had stages where you would play from the villains' perspective.

Ganondorf + Ridley alliance would be epic.

Some other dream teams:
Meta Knight + Dark Pit - I think they would make quite the badass team.
Waluigi + Tingle - I don't even have words for this one... it's just perfect.
Samus + Pit - Metroids and Komaytos, 'nuff said.

D

Deleted member

1) Agree
2) Do you mean dialogues between characters?
3) I don't know what gimmicks are.
4) I mentioned earlier that chapters can be areas like Jungle, Factory, etc.
5) Super Smash Bros is the world of trophies. But I think if a trophy loses a soul, he/she cannot come to life.
6) Most likely combination of both.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Takamaru, samurai goroh, and Lyn (Katana trio, anyone)
Kirby and Jigglypuff (those pink balls of whatever)
Zoroark, Mewtwo, and Lucario (do i even have to explain)
Pikachu and Lucas (Thunder, yep.)
I post more when I can think of some.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really wanted Mario and Luigi to team up in SSE. :urg:

Now, this time I WANT Mario, Luigi, and two Toads to team up on an NSMB-esque level.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Let's do a character team-up wish-list.
All I want is Professor Layton teaming up with Ness with maybe Lip alongside them. And Layton unmasking Zoroark who is disguised as some other character with her illusion ability (maybe Ness or Lip). Of course assuming all of these newcomers would actually make it into the game. It would be perfect! :bee:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
We still talking team ups? It's not a team up per say, but I'd like to see Samus sort of team up with Snake. Like, Snake goes to infiltrate whatever the bad guys base is looking for a new Metal Gear(or whatever), and he meets Samus along the way and they stay in contact with each other.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
We still talking team ups? It's not a team up per say, but I'd like to see Samus sort of team up with Snake. Like, Snake goes to infiltrate whatever the bad guys base is looking for a new Metal Gear(or whatever), and he meets Samus along the way and they stay in contact with each other.
I like this idea. Maybe after splitting up, they could both meet another partner, then regroup into a 4-man team.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
How about quick time events in the cutscenes?
I Give you an example: You are playing as Fox and a keaton http://media.ignimgs.com/media/ign/imgs/minisites/lists/zelda-villains/keaton.jpg , chased at long distance by Link, is running forward you. Then if you press the > > command in time you will avoid him. Unless you will bump into him. After the both of you got up, he will run away leaving the bag next to you, making Link mistake Fox for the Keaton he was chasing, which will lead to a battle.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Since they showed yellow devil at the end of mega man's trailer, do you think we will have a story mode similar to brawl?

yullow321

Smash Rookie
Everyone knows who the good and bad guys are, but how can you put all of them together wanting the same goal, who will be the main leader? Especially if you
ridley
bowser jr
waluigi
dark samus
Ghirahim and any other villains from a series.
Personally I think Ganondorf should lead again and the villains should have more chemistary and work together.
Also how about someone like wolf who is more of an outsider do with these villains, they should act like everyone knows eachother.

On a side note I think some characters like fox could have voice actors or sub titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom