• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stork for Sm4sh - yeah

thoughts?

• Yes pls

Votes: 34 42.0%

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No comment :p

Btw, do you prefer Kamek or the Stork?
The perfect Yoshi character.
This is a sequel to my perfect Zeldacharacter post on the RPDT.

It is called, The Kamek Stork and Birdo Babies.

So you start as Kamek riding the stork. And then their Down B is to drop a baby on the stage and then that baby takes over the fight.

The certain babies will be in a cycle.
It will be Baby Mario & Luigi,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Peach and Daisy,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Wario,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Donkey Kong,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Rosalina and Luma,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Bowser,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Mario & Luigi, and the cycle restarts.

BUT, if any of the Babies uses their/his/her Side B, Birdo will come, and blow that baby off the screen, and take over in battle.
And then if Birdo uses his Side B, it's back to whatever Baby it was when Birdo was placed into the battle.

And their Final Smash is to bring down all the fighters in this character, (Kamek & Stork, Baby Mario & Luigi, Baby Peach & Daisy, Baby Wario, Baby Donkey Kong, Baby Rosalina & Luma, Baby Bowser, and Birdo), who are all now made of yarn, AND Yarn Yoshi comes too, and they wrap a giant Yarn Egg around the stage, and everyone dies.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
No comment :p

Btw, do you prefer Kamek or the Stork?
Not to be a hater, but Kamek any day. He's much more interesting, along with more moveset potential. :smirk:
The perfect Yoshi character.
This is a sequel to my perfect Zeldacharacter post on the RPDT.

It is called, The Kamek Stork and Birdo Babies.

So you start as Kamek riding the stork. And then their Down B is to drop a baby on the stage and then that baby takes over the fight.

The certain babies will be in a cycle.
It will be Baby Mario & Luigi,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Peach and Daisy,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Wario,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Donkey Kong,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Rosalina and Luma,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Bowser,
Back to Kamek and Stork.
Then Baby Mario & Luigi, and the cycle restarts.

BUT, if any of the Babies uses their/his/her Side B, Birdo will come, and blow that baby off the screen, and take over in battle.
And then if Birdo uses his Side B, it's back to whatever Baby it was when Birdo was placed into the battle.

And their Final Smash is to bring down all the fighters in this character, (Kamek & Stork, Baby Mario & Luigi, Baby Peach & Daisy, Baby Wario, Baby Donkey Kong, Baby Rosalina & Luma, Baby Bowser, and Birdo), who are all now made of yarn, AND Yarn Yoshi comes too, and they wrap a giant Yarn Egg around the stage, and everyone dies.
...This is the most complicated character EVER

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Not to be a hater, but Kamek any day. He's much more interesting, along with more moveset potential. :smirk:
I keep switching between wanting one more than the other. Currently, I prefer the Stork...but tomorrow I may prefer Kamek xD

I was mainly curious about him specifically, though. He's been on the fence for awhile now.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
[quote="PigmaskColonel, post: 16170013, member: 226733"
...This is the most complicated character EVER[/quote]
I made a Zelda one in the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread a few pages back.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I keep switching between wanting one more than the other. Currently, I prefer the Stork...but tomorrow I may prefer Kamek xD

I was mainly curious about him specifically, though. He's been on the fence for awhile now.
I see...

Well, hopefully nobody wants dem' babys. That's just stupid. I mean, they'd be beating up babies! BABIES!!!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm torn on this thread. On the one hand, it's an amazingly important character who, nevertheless, is almost entirely overlooked, making him a genius curveball addition to any Smash roster. On the other hand, I want absolutely nothing to do with those awful whining Mario babies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm torn on this thread. On the one hand, it's an amazingly important character who, nevertheless, is almost entirely overlooked, making him a genius curveball addition to any Smash roster. On the other hand, I want absolutely nothing to do with those awful whining Mario babies.
But...babbies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What's a babby? :troll:
Babbies are mysterious creatures that few have ever seen. Supposedly, they emerge from nowhere, coming from the sky on the wings of their servant Ciconiidaes. They're thought to spend their time screaming into the night and sleeping excessively. They will slowly morph and change into humans; leaving their previous lives as babbies behind and merging into society, slowly but surely weakening the human gene pool so that they can take control.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Babbies are mysterious creatures that few have ever seen. Supposedly, they emerge from nowhere, coming from the sky on the wings of their servant Ciconiidaes. They're thought to spend their time screaming into the night and sleeping excessively. They will slowly morph and change into humans; leaving their previous lives as babbies behind and merging into society, slowly but surely weakening the human gene pool so that they can take control.
OOOOOHHH, OK. I thought you were talking about BABIES. OK...

I saw this thread and the urge to make a The Stork moveset was overpowering; it had to be done. This moveset utilize the babies from Yoshi Island DS, which The Stork holds in one large sack in his bill. Meaning we'd get 7 characters for the price of one, which I think most people can get behind, even if it is the terrible terrible Mario babies.

Basics:

The Stork has one massive sack in his bill that holds all the babies from Yoshi Island DS: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Donkey Kong, Baby Wario, and Baby Bowser. They poke their heads out and assist The Stork with his attacks. Unfortunately the babies in his bag weigh him down, jipping his flying ability; meaning he only has one extra jump (three in total) despite having a pair of wings.

[COLLAPSE=Specials]

B: Squall: A random baby pops out of the bag and lets out a quick but massive scream. While each baby has a unique cry, the effects are always the same. The burst creates a shock wave that effects a wide area (think DK’s clap from Jungle Beat) Like DKJB clap there are two circular shockwave that come out; A large green one and a smaller red one. The green wave does a small amount of damage (1%-3%) and doesn’t cause the opponent to flinch, while the red wave affects the area directly around the stork and not only damages the opponent (8%-10%) but also stuns them.

Forward B: Baby Bowser Fireball: Baby Bowser pokes his head out of the sack and spits out a fireball. It’s slow moving, but has great knock back. It roughly covers half of Final Destination.

Up B: Corkscrew and Bubble: This is kind of an odd one. The Stork twirls upward quickly, causing the bag to spin around like a helicopter blade. This upward twirl is very short (less than Wario's Corkscrew) but afterwards the bubble that usually envelops the babies when they’re hit in Yoshi Island fills up The Stork’s bag. He can now slowly drift down with the bag in his bill above him acting like a balloon. He is wide open while he drifts down and since he's dangling below the bag he's a pretty big target.

Down B: Wario Magnet: Wario pops out of the sack and points his magnet forward and draws opponents in. If the magnet touches the opponents a very small amount of their HP is stolen. This move works well in combination with his neutral B: Draw them in then stun them. In the air the move is angled so that opponents on the ground in front of The Stork will be drawn towards The Stork.

Final Smash: Delivery Day: Babies. Babies everywhere. Babies drift slowly from the top of the screen down in their own little knapsacks, each one squalling. The shockwaves around them work similarly to The Stork’s neutral B, except much more powerful. The goal is to get your opponents bouncing back and forth between babies. The babies that drift down are baby versions of Mario enemies, each one with their own unique scream.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=A moves]

A combo: The Stork whips his neck back and forth and swings the sack in his bill in front of him for a one-two punch.

A tilt: The Stork does a large swing in front of himself. During the swing Baby Mario pokes his head out and holds his fist over his head giving the move a little extra.

A smash: The Stork swings the sack forward again, but this time DK pokes out and punches the opponent not once, but twice.

Running A: DK pops out of the bag and performs the DK Dash Attack from Yoshi Island DS

A up: Peach pops out of the bag and quickly swings her umbrella upwards

A up smash: Peach pops out again, but this time opens her umbrella and covers The Stork entirely

A down: Baby Luigi falls out of the bag.

A down smash: Baby Bowser and Baby DK roll out of the bag on either side of The Stork.

Aerials:

A: The Stork swings the bag around itself; Baby Luigi falls out and hangs on to the bag increasing the range of the attack.

A up: Baby Peach opens her umbrella above The Stork, twirling it once.

A down: Baby Wario holds out his magnet while The Stork swings the bag down.

A back: The Stork swings his sack backwards; Baby Bowser pokes his head out and bites in that direction.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Throws]

Grab: The Stork grabs the opponent with his bill.

Pummel: The babies reach out from the bag and smack whoever The Stork is holding

Forward throw: Baby Mario does the Super Mario jump (fist above his head) out of the sack and knocks the opponent forward

Up Throw: The Stork flings the opponent upwards then Baby Bowser pops out and blast a fireball upwards

Down throw: Baby Wario hops out, does a tiny Wario Waft on the opponent, and they plop on the ground

Back throw: Baby Wario pops out of the sack, grabs the opponent with his magnet, spins them around, and places them behind The Stork.[/COLLAPSE]

After writing this I'd actually really enjoy The Stork if he had a moveset similar to this. All those character in one, and they really do represent a side of the Yoshi series pretty well. Also, imagine beating one player mode then BAM! Seven trophies. It's a petty reason, but I want it to happen.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I saw this thread and the urge to make a The Stork moveset was overpowering; it had to be done. This moveset utilize the babies from Yoshi Island DS, which The Stork holds in one large sack in his bill. Meaning we'd get 7 characters for the price of one, which I think most people can get behind, even if it is the terrible terrible Mario babies.

Basics:

The Stork has one massive sack in his bill that holds all the babies from Yoshi Island DS: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Donkey Kong, Baby Wario, and Baby Bowser. They poke their heads out and assist The Stork with his attacks. Unfortunately the babies in his bag weigh him down, jipping his flying ability Meaning he only has one extra jump (three in total) despite having a pair of wings.

[COLLAPSE=Specials]

B: Squall: A random baby pops out of the bag and lets out a quick but massive scream. While each baby has a unique cry, the effects are always the same. The burst creates a shock wave that effects a wide area (think DK’s clap from Jungle Beat) Like DKJB clap there are two circular shockwave that come out; A large green one and a smaller red one. The green wave does a small amount of damage (1%-3%) and doesn’t cause the opponent to flinch, while the red wave affects the area directly around the stork and not only damages the opponent (8%-10%) but also stuns them.

Forward B: Baby Bowser Fireball: Baby Bowser pokes his head out of the sack and spits out a fireball. It’s slow moving, but has great knock back. It roughly covers half of Final Destination.

Up B: Corkscrew and Bubble: This is kind of an odd one. The Stork twirls upward quickly, causing the bag to spin around like a helicopter blade. This upward twirl is very short (less than Wario's Corkscrew) but afterwards the bubble that usually envelops the babies when they’re hit in Yoshi Island fills up The Stork’s bag. He can now slowly drift down with the bag in his bill above him acting like a balloon. He is wide open while he drifts down and since he's dangling below the bag he's a pretty big target.

Down B: Wario Magnet: Wario pops out of the sack and points his magnet forward and draws opponents in. If the magnet touches the opponents a very small amount of their HP is stolen. This move works well in combination with his neutral B: Draw them in then stun them. In the air the move is angled so that opponents on the ground in front of The Stork will be drawn towards The Stork.

Final Smash: Delivery Day: Babies. Babies everywhere. Babies drift slowly from the top of the screen down in their own little knapsacks, each one squalling. The shockwaves around them work similarly to The Stork’s neutral B, except much more powerful. The goal is to get your opponents bouncing back and forth between babies. The babies that drift down are baby versions of Mario enemies, each one with their own unique scream.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=A moves]

A combo: The Stork whips his neck back and forth and swings the sack in his bill in front of him for a one-two punch.

A tilt: The Stork does a large swing in front of himself. During the swing Baby Mario pokes his head out and holds his fist over his head giving the move a little extra.

A smash: The Stork swings the sack forward again, but this time DK pokes out and punches the opponent not once, but twice.

Running A: DK pops out of the bag and performs the DK Dash Attack from Yoshi Island DS

A up: Peach pops out of the bag and quickly swings her umbrella upwards

A up smash: Peach pops out again, but this time opens her umbrella and covers The Stork entirely

A down: Baby Luigi falls out of the bag.

A down smash: Baby Bowser and Baby DK roll out of the bag on either side of The Stork.

Aerials:

A: The Stork swings the bag around itself; Baby Luigi falls out and hangs on to the bag increasing the range of the attack.

A up: Baby Peach opens her umbrella above The Stork, twirling it once.

A down: Baby Wario holds out his magnet while The Stork swings the bag down.

A back: The Stork swings his sack backwards; Baby Bowser pokes his head out and bites in that direction.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Throws]

Grab: The Stork grabs the opponent with his bill.

Pummel: The babies reach out from the bag and smack whoever The Stork is holding

Forward throw: Baby Mario does the Super Mario jump (fist above his head) out of the sack and knocks the opponent forward

Up Throw: The Stork flings the opponent upwards then Baby Bowser pops out and blast a fireball upwards

Down throw: Baby Wario hops out, does a tiny Wario Waft on the opponent, and they plop on the ground

Back throw: Baby Wario pops out of the sack, grabs the opponent with his magnet, spins them around, and places them behind The Stork.[/COLLAPSE]

After writing this I'd actually really enjoy The Stork if he had a moveset similar to this. All those character in one, and they really do represent a side of the Yoshi series pretty well. Also, imagine beating one player mode then BAM! Seven trophies. It's a petty reason, but I want it to happen.
Nice moveset!

I really hope that Sakurai thought of this guy, but I do doubt he'll get in.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Nice moveset!

I really hope that Sakurai thought of this guy, but I do doubt he'll get in.
Sakurai: You know who would be great? Stork from Yoshi's Island using babies!
Miyamoto:...
Iwata: What are you smoking and where can I get some?

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Ok, I admit I was skeptical at first, but after seeing some of your ideas, I've been converted to a supporter. Definitely a curveball, but if Yoshi needs another rep of his own, this would be fun way to represent the baby Mario characters... I guess they've been around for years and never really had an incarnation in Smash. I wouldn't be too surprised if they make it as an Assist Trophy with a Chain Chomp, but a playable stork is just crazy enough to work. Sadly we all doubt this will be a reality, but its nice to dream.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Ok, I admit I was skeptical at first, but after seeing some of your ideas, I've been converted to a supporter. Definitely a curveball, but if Yoshi needs another rep of his own, this would be fun way to represent the baby Mario characters... I guess they've been around for years and never really had an incarnation in Smash. I wouldn't be too surprised if they make it as an Assist Trophy with a Chain Chomp, but a playable stork is just crazy enough to work. Sadly we all doubt this will be a reality, but its nice to dream.
I was skeptical about diddy and rosalina xD every character will be awesome in smash, is just the magic this series have.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
You know at first I was like "wut?", but after reading the post I was like "yeah man, storks all day." I'd support it. Cool idea for a Yoshi rep!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I take it when if stork is confirmed, his stance in the HD render should mock the position in Yoshi's Island DS where he's holding the Babbies at the stork swap station.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
So everyday that goes by I want the Stork to be in Smash 4 more and more.......what is wrong with me?

Add me to the Storkporters list!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom