• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

King~

Smash Champion
For the moment yes, but if its only the four people posting(you, fromundaman, KB, jokey) then no

advertise and bring your friends friends

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I might come to this aswell... and I love how no one debated my post because I was right :) and there was no debate to be had.. aha

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
If I can ride with Jiffy/someone again...
Free money and circuit points(would this even be in the circuit again?) is always nice. :laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe, sorry for hijacking the thread :p

ITT, not hating; we're debating :p
That being said, TYM did have a nice stage list. I like this one too though, and OUGA's is always fun. In fact, the only stage list I've really had any problem with was at a tourny I didn't attend.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I can probably come to this on the 26th. I see no reason I can't. Blue Rogue, if you need a ride from me, its cool. I don't know if Suyon is coming or not. I'll have to find out. If he's coming I'll pick him up like usual as well.

Edit: btw, the stage list for TYM7 was FREAKING PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
you know, I probably can't go. not only is school a ***** right now, but I migh actually be going out that night (tbqh, I REALLY wanted to pull an Altrox on those other plans even before I knew this was happening) it's gonna be a last minute thing again :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, I saw pull a double Altrox. Pull an Altrox on your other plans, then realize last minute that school is kicking your *** and pull an Altrox on this :laugh:

King~

Smash Champion
10 singles 5 per person double like usual

do guys want the same payouts as last time or back to paying top 2 for under 20?

also ill allow DP for this, i have yet to see a counter argument for this other than argent saying beegs camped him there.

granted if someone feels it shouldnt be on and presents good evidence ill take it back off.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Hey... It's easy when you can see the aura spheres coming at you... He told me himself that's how you win on that stage... OS did mostly the same thing to me on DP... I guess I'm just going to have to play MK if that stage comes up...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hey... It's easy when you can see the aura spheres coming at you... He told me himself that's how you win on that stage... OS did mostly the same thing to me on DP... I guess I'm just going to have to play MK if that stage comes up...
Sucks to be the victim of camping now and then doesn't it? xD

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
sucks To Be The Victim Of Camping Now And Then Doesn't It? Xd
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Gotcha There Didnt He????!!?!!?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I can get around most camping... Heck, I've beaten a lot of good Falco players on Japes for crying out loud... That stage is a campfest for Falco... Get the lead, laser spam, then phantasm between platforms and repeat...

On DP, I haven't found a way to combat it yet... You can get the lead and then sit on the edge of the slope right underneath the central platform... You practically block all the projectiles from coming at you... On the left side is a big slope that prevents most projectile spamming from that side... On the right side is a big gap... The only way to hit with projectiles from that side is to plank from the central platform... Jumping down from the ledge is a great indicator that a projectile is coming...

Thus the only way to beat the person camping there is to approach... There are three options here: attack through the central platform, go down the slope, or go across the gap under the central platform...

For a lot of characters, attacking through the platform isn't an option... For me, it is... However, some characters can break through such attacks: Olimar's usmash, Marth's usmash, Ike's Aether, etc... Some characters are in prime position to get a big hit at that angle... Wario just needs to crouch under the hit box or shield it and use uair or fart...

The second approach will not work for a lot of characters... Coming down the slope, you have few options since most characters can't hit diagonally down... Some characters have an advantage if they camp here too: Marth's fsmash and MK's ftilt have wide, disjointed arcs, Olimar, Ivysaur, and potentially MK can use their up-b attacks, Pikachu can use thunder jolt, and even Lucario can hit with his fsmash here...

Finally, coming across the gap under the central platform is not viable for a lot of characters who do not have good aerial movement... Why? Because in the middle of the approach, the camping character can adjust their strategy... If the approaching character does come, then they can go across the top platform and camp the right side... If the approaching character fakes and regrabs the right edge, then they can just stay put and continue camping... You would think that forcing them out of that spot is a good tactic because now they're open to projectile spam... But they can just plank against that and force you to approach... From there they have the same options when you approach them again... If you go across the platform, then they just go underneath back to the optimal camping location... Go underneath, they just go back over the platform... It's possible to continually avoid like this the entire match... I know because it has been done against me to the point where I was forced to make stupid approaches to get anything to happen...

As you can see, this stage heavily favors some characters... Marth, Olimar, MK, Wario, Pikachu... You could even throw Lucario in that list against a lot of characters though I have had no winning experiences on this stage... In short, my argument is that 1) it seems a bit hypocritical to ban Japes, which heavily favors camping by several characters, and allow this stage, which also favors camping by a long list of characters, 2) a stage is allowed that can potentially force infinite stalling, and not to mention 3) a Counter/Ban stage is being allowed in a very conservative list that already has half of the Counter stages banned!

There... A long winded discussion detailing camping on DP... Since such an argument was made against Japes, it only seems right that you hear the story from the other side... However, I seem to be the only one that wants this stage banned... As the minority in this case I know I don't have any support here, and I'll still be playing all the same regardless of whether or not this changes anyone's mind... I only ask that either DP be banned or Japes be allowed... Of course, I guess you all need some kind of advantage over me to help level the playing field, huh? /comeback :laugh:

Thank you for taking the time to read this...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Agreed. Either ban both or allow Japes as well. Having one but not the other seems like a hypocritical choice.

solecalibur

Smash Master
all stages Marth is good at Zss usually good at aswell plus we got a couple of stages marth doesnt
.... marth still ***** at BF
DP if there the same skill lvl it seems more even

solecalibur

Smash Master
all stages Marth is good at Zss usually good at aswell plus we got a couple of stages marth doesnt
.... marth still ***** at BF
DP if there the same skill lvl it seems more even

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... Argent, you bring up good points. I honestly have little experience with this stage, so I'll just take your word for it, since your logic seems sound.

King~

Smash Champion
i like what i see argent

show me here, ive already made the decsion to add it for this one after so much previous debate so im not takin it off, well see how it goes this weekend.

so yes im sayin ill belive it when i see

Suyon

Smash Lord
What distant planet is on? This is preposterous!
Hopefully we get over 15 people lol.
I rarely notice about counterpick stages because I normally just focus on Neutrals. But I've got new tricks for you guys.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Can't come. I have a birthday party to go to. I'm probably going to the Melee thing in Warren since it's close by and it ends a whole lot earlier.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Actually, I feel sorry for whoever I have to play against on that stage... If I have to time that person out to prove my theories, then so be it... :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So... with any luck, I face you or Beegs there 1st round, get timed out, then face the other in loser for a repeat performance? :laugh:

Top Bottom