• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Step Dash

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Well this indirectly buffs characters with ridiculously good dash to shield data.
Should change things up a bit...

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
Meanwhile I still can't PP left...

Get ready for an even more slippery meta knight in neutral
Really? I can only perfect pivot left consistently. Different hands I guess.

That tech looks so useful though. Hopefully it will actually be applied in top level play someday. And this just HAD to be discovered the week I busted my wrist...

Last edited:

-Tornado-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
I_Beat_You
Testing it out, looks like Ryu can do it out of an FADC.
...success?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"Meta Knight has no neutral" is now a sick joke. This can easily convert into dash attacks and dash grabs with no commitment.

Have fun, floaties.

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
"Meta Knight has no neutral" is now a sick joke. This can easily convert into dash attacks and dash grabs with no commitment.

Have fun, floaties.
This is also a big FU to characters that love to use projectiles that can be ducked under if the opponent has a good crouch. (Sheik,Samus,Robin) The Bayo vs Sheik match-up got slightly better

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Is anyone else thinking.

"AWW MAN"

In regards to step dashing? It's definitely cool, but having to learn it seems like it's gonna be a draaaag.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
15 mins of grinding. I can do it with Bayo already.

Time to move on to the dragon.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Is anyone else thinking.

"AWW MAN"

In regards to step dashing? It's definitely cool, but having to learn it seems like it's gonna be a draaaag.
I'm mainly waiting for a distance list first, since it should be really good for Game & Watch if he gets some distance out of it.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
15 mins of grinding. I can do it with Bayo already.

Time to move on to the dragon.
............its taking me months to PP from one side of BF to the other without screwing up....

Why do I get the feeling the American top players will completely ignore the new tech until Leo shows everyone how its done again?

TriTails

Smash Lord
I was just watching the video halfway through when I realized how much of a disgusting flipping monster MKLeo can be if he starts to implement this into his plays. He is already one of the few players to implement PPs onto his movement options. Now he gets the chance to slide so ****ing far with a grab or U-tilt to further intimidate his neutral conversions.

I'm wondering how other characters' meta will be affected by this also. Can Diddy wavedash step dash into D-tilt and carry his momentum along?

NNID
User7a1
I'm mainly waiting for a distance list first, since it should be really good for Game & Watch if he gets some distance out of it.
He gets barely any distance from step dash (I tested). Either that, I didn't step dash correctly.
It's also harder to perform a step dash with him too (not sure why; I was able to perform it much easier with Mewtwo (who gets a good distance), Kirby (moderate distance), and Meta Knight). I prefer C-Stick Slliding with G&W instead since it grants him more distance than step dashing.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For some reason, I swear I've seen someone or some video talking about this before. I might be confusing it before... I think it Bayonetta was involved too, but it wasn't C-stick sliding, that weird Bayonetta can lower her landing lag if she inputs an aerial or something after having done multiple Afterburner Kicks and Witch Twists, and it definitely wasn't Bidou. I swear there was thread talking about something characters could do with crouches and there was a slide. Also, once again, not the crouch perfect pivot.

Anyway, I'm curious, outside of why this works in the first place, as to why Meta Knight has the longest or one of the longest "step dashes". Nothing about his walk specs seem peculiar, slightly above initial walk velocity, 0.16, regular 0.1 walk acceleration, etc. It probably isn't even his traction, 0.055, which is actually above-average since Mario's is 0.045, but that could have a factor since as people saw in the video, Falco and Fox barely moved anywhere compared to Meta Knight (and Bayonetta). It looks like Falco gets equal or less distance from using "step dash" compared to his normal dash... At the same time, in the same section where he showed Falco's "step dash", Link was shown before him and traveled even more than Falco and Link only has a 0.01 difference in traction to Falco at 0.064.

One thing I might factor in, but I'm hesitant on considering is dash specs since it doesn't seem like dashes are part of "step dash". "Step dash" seems to only be a two-step walk and a crouch. You never dash for it which... once again, I kind of wished it wasn't called "step dash" because it could get confusing like how dash is lumped together with running when they're separate things and repeated dashes are called foxtrots when... whatever. It could have been called "step slide" or something. Issues with naming aside, if dash specs were a factor for whatever reason, then two things could be considered: dash speed itself and dash length. For Meta Knight, his peculiarities with dash is his sixth-highest dash speed, 1.75, under Lucario and Pikachu (1.8), Samus (1.86), Falco (1.9), Little Mac (2.05), and Fox (2.4). Under him would be Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Sheik, and ZSS all with 1.7 dash speeds. That wouldn't entirely explain it since if dash speed was a major factor, then everyone around and above him would have a really good "step dash", especially Fox with his stupid 2.4 dash speed. An aside: caught an error to my Smash 4 movement value compilation: I wrote down 1.3 for Zelda's dash speed instead of 1.6. Whoops.

The other thing would be his dash length not dash total frames -- once again, confusing names. Dash total frames we have data on:
Most characters have dashes that have 11 total frames. Meta Knight's is 13 which itself isn't limited to him as there's a group of other characters with 13 total frame dashes. The only real "oddballs" are Corrin and Sheik (8), Mii Gunner, Mr. G&W, and Samus (9), Falco (12), and Yoshi (15). There's a majority of 11 total frame dashes, groups of 13, 14, 16, and most of the Fire Emblem characters minus Corrin and Ike in the 17 total frame dash group. I doubt anyone's gone through their animations to check specifically what they do for their dashes, but a 17 frame dash isn't bad as Street Fighter V's Nash can attest to; Nash's dash essentially has 8 frames of startup and moves during its remaining 11 frames.

There might be characters who have dashes like this, but it might not make a difference since one, Smash and Street Fighter are different games, and two, SFV's dash total frames are much higher than in Smash's where the lowest is 8 frames and the highest is 17 while SFV's lowest is 15, Chun-Li and Rashid's and the highest being 25 frames, Zangief's. Note: unknown about the DLC characters. Also, Rashid's the only character to have a normal run in SFV -- Ken can run, but it's activated through V-trigger. Anyway, I digress.

Now, dash length... I don't think we have data on. As far as I know, nobody's gone out and plotted out how far each character's dash goes. It probably not as simple as looking at all the dash values and saying, "Fox has the highest since his dash speed is 2.4." Fox does have a long dash, but average total frames for his dash. Little Mac's is also good, but I'm no sure, but then you go to Falco and Samus and theirs goes almost nowhere compared to Fox and Little Mac's. Then you look at Marth and Roy's and theirs travel quite far. Maybe each character has a value for how far their dashes goes. I don't know.

The last possible thing I can think of is just the difference in how characters move during their walk. Did you notice that when Meta Knight starts walking, he slides a bit? If you take someone like Falco and Fox, they don't slide during their first few steps. Falco does this weird tip-toe thing while Fox power walks. Or someone like Marth where there's this noticeable delay before he begins moving which is probably his walk acceleration. That being said, if this where the case, then Roy should have an insane "step dash" since he slides far during his first few steps of walking. Then there's the whole pivot-walking thing which if you do it with Falco, he does slide around a bit and it's been a thing for Falco since Melee. So, sliding during a walk...

Basically, I have no idea why "step dashes" work.

Is anyone else thinking.

"AWW MAN"

What are you, Shikamaru? :p

Ah, English dubbing of Naruto... Last time I watched was when Toonami aired it way back then. Think I stopped watching at the Orochimaru arc where he there's this giant fight between him and the third Hokage. Sporadically watching and missing a ton of episodes. That reminds me, I should try to watch all of G Gundam. Holy hell, that brings back memories.

Anyway, "step dashing" is cool and all, but I really would like to see good movement be at least a basic mid-level thing before stuff like bidou, "step dash", whatever becomes commonplace. It's not even a "difficult" skill to be able to move well. I'm waiting for the days when this kind of movement is common: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Pbt7yqiZg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8h_PE3o8Co. I listed all the players who participated in Tamisuma's Falco-only tournaments or played as Falco in the other tournaments in the Falco boards. ALL OF THEM I would say have good movement. Elsewhere on the giant list of Falco players? What? AC, Anragon, Cyro and, StarPrime? The **** is going on? Why is everyone moving like they just started playing or have no idea that other movement options exist beyond running and jumping forward? You can still do that, but stop being so predictable. The recent crew battles on Tamisuma featuring Ryu vs. Cloud and Ryu vs. Mewtwo had horrible movement -- Emblem Lord, you'd be mad as hell watching these two videos. While I don't know Ryu enough, I'd say the Ryu players were decent except one dude who dropped the ball hard and failed to connect a Dair 2-3 times after breaking a Cloud's shield -- dude, just charge a freaking Up Smash or something --, but they mostly bumrushed the hell in. You do not do that when you're slower than Cloud and Mewtwo. You do not do that when they severely out-range you. You do not do that when your jump and hop is rigid compared to everyone else in the goddamn game. And you especially don't do that if that's all you freaking do. Holy crap, why the hell do you think it's a fine idea to run in and jump in with your stubby Nair against Cloud and Mewtwo? Do I need to bribe, convince, or threaten a Falco player to switch to Ryu to show people how to move? Anragon already has a Ryu...

............its taking me months to PP from one side of BF to the other without screwing up....

Why do I get the feeling the American top players will completely ignore the new tech until Leo shows everyone how its done again?
There's always Ito. Pretty sure he was the leading Meta Knight until people saw Leo and then he drops out of everyone's radar.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
And Ryu step dash confirmed to not be good.

Once again proof that Ryu has specific limitations.

And some people still want this man nerfed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And Ryu step dash confirmed to not be good.

Once again proof that Ryu has specific limitations.

And some people still want this man nerfed.
Could it be because of Ryu's inputs interfering? I remember a patch change where they did something to Ryu's turn or crouch (and turn) making it easier to input hit in the direction you were facing. Regardless, his inputs do mess with stuff like I distinctly remember Ryu not being able to "slow run" since the same input is almost a Hadouken, so Ryu just stops instead of starting a slow run like everyone else. Never mind, thinking about it wrong.

Even then, his "step dash" being good or not might not be based on anything. Why Meta Knight's is so good is a question to be answered. Why "step dash" works, what is making it work, and what influences it are other questions. Might not do anything, but it would be helpful to know the DLC characters' initial walk speed, walk acceleration, dash speed, dash acceleration, dash deceleration, etc.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I thought it might be acceleration but as I recall Ryus walk accel is above average so idk.

Last edited:

Juno97

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tenkenjin
Has anyone tested Step Dashing with :4marth:? Pseudo-wavedash Dtilts sound amazing on him

Not sure if :4cloud: can utilize it well considering the way his tilts are designed. Can help his somewhat lackluster ground game but he already makes good use of Perfect Pivots and Dash Dancing

Anyway, I think this tech just now made Leo top 3 player.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Cloud doesn't need this. I will test with Marth but his walk animation is strange. He places his weight on his front leg THEN walks forward. It messes up my timing.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Might not do anything, but it would be helpful to know the DLC characters' initial walk speed, walk acceleration, dash speed, dash acceleration, dash deceleration, etc.
Here you are:

Character|Init Walk|Walk Accel|Walk Max|Traction|Init Dash|Dash Accel|Dash Decel|Dash Max
Mewtwo|0.3|0.1|1.2|0.04|1.4|0|0.1|2.05
Ryu|0.1|1|0.75|0.06|1.6|0.0998|0.04|1.6
Lucas|0.08|0.1|0.85|0.045|1.3|0.08|0.02|1.5
Roy|0.15|0|1.15|0.06|1.4|0.07|0|1.95
Cloud|0.15|0|1.1|0.055|1.8|0.09|0.01|1.97
Bayonetta|0.1|0.1|0.9|0.055|1.7|0.0942|0.04|1.6
Corrin|0.15|0|1.15|0.065|1.8|0.0724|0.01|1.45

That should all be accurate.

Edit: Double checked everything.

Last edited:

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
smash 4 is slowly getting more and more technical, its just that most techs aren't character specific things that make that charactere broken (hello melee fox)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Here you are:

Character|Init Walk|Walk Accel|Walk Max|Traction|Init Dash|Dash Accel|Dash Decel|Dash Max
Mewtwo|0.3|0.1|1.2|0.04|1.4|0|0.1|2.05
Ryu|0.1|1|0.75|0.06|1.6|0.0998|0.04|1.6
Lucas|0.08|0.1|0.85|0.045|1.3|0.08|0.02|1.5
Roy|0.15|0|1.15|0.06|1.4|0.07|0|1.95
Cloud|0.15|0|1.1|0.055|1.8|0.09|0.01|1.97
Bayonetta|0.1|0.1|0.9|0.055|1.7|0.0942|0.04|1.6
Corrin|0.15|0|1.15|0.065|1.8|0.0724|0.01|1.45

That should all be accurate.

Edit: Double checked everything.
I love you. :p

Huh, well, I was right about one thing and that was Ryu's walk being different. In this case, dude has the highest walk acceleration in the game by 0.9. Everyone else has 0.1 or below walk accelerations. A walk acceleration of 1 is 10x higher than everyone else in the game. The one that I was wrong about was Roy's... It's just the "Fire Emblem 0 walk acceleration" and not just that, but his initial walk speed is also lower than Lucina, Marth, and Robin's. Then what explains his slide during his walk? Also, this puts Cloud and Corrin as having high dash speeds. Also Bayonetta who probably has it because Sheik and ZSS do... ZSS's stats are like based on Sheik with Bayonetta's being based on ZSS. I have other questions, but I would rather ask in a PM since this is off-topic.

Edit: Oh, and Mewtwo is tied with Samus for having the highest initial walk speed.

I thought it might be acceleration but as I recall Ryus walk accel is above average so idk.
Above average my ass. More like ***** on everyone's walk acceleration. Hey, gotta make up for having a low walk speed in a game where walking is almost jogging. Still, probably to emulate Street Fighter where walks look more "responsive". Eh, I don't know.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
This is hella hard to do consistently. But it's significantly more distance than a perfect pivot.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
For some reason, I swear I've seen someone or some video talking about this before. I might be confusing it before... I think it Bayonetta was involved too, but it wasn't C-stick sliding, that weird Bayonetta can lower her landing lag if she inputs an aerial or something after having done multiple Afterburner Kicks and Witch Twists, and it definitely wasn't Bidou. I swear there was thread talking about something characters could do with crouches and there was a slide. Also, once again, not the crouch perfect pivot.

Anyway, I'm curious, outside of why this works in the first place, as to why Meta Knight has the longest or one of the longest "step dashes". Nothing about his walk specs seem peculiar, slightly above initial walk velocity, 0.16, regular 0.1 walk acceleration, etc. It probably isn't even his traction, 0.055, which is actually above-average since Mario's is 0.045, but that could have a factor since as people saw in the video, Falco and Fox barely moved anywhere compared to Meta Knight (and Bayonetta). It looks like Falco gets equal or less distance from using "step dash" compared to his normal dash... At the same time, in the same section where he showed Falco's "step dash", Link was shown before him and traveled even more than Falco and Link only has a 0.01 difference in traction to Falco at 0.064.

One thing I might factor in, but I'm hesitant on considering is dash specs since it doesn't seem like dashes are part of "step dash". "Step dash" seems to only be a two-step walk and a crouch. You never dash for it which... once again, I kind of wished it wasn't called "step dash" because it could get confusing like how dash is lumped together with running when they're separate things and repeated dashes are called foxtrots when... whatever. It could have been called "step slide" or something. Issues with naming aside, if dash specs were a factor for whatever reason, then two things could be considered: dash speed itself and dash length. For Meta Knight, his peculiarities with dash is his sixth-highest dash speed, 1.75, under Lucario and Pikachu (1.8), Samus (1.86), Falco (1.9), Little Mac (2.05), and Fox (2.4). Under him would be Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Sheik, and ZSS all with 1.7 dash speeds. That wouldn't entirely explain it since if dash speed was a major factor, then everyone around and above him would have a really good "step dash", especially Fox with his stupid 2.4 dash speed. An aside: caught an error to my Smash 4 movement value compilation: I wrote down 1.3 for Zelda's dash speed instead of 1.6. Whoops.

The other thing would be his dash length not dash total frames -- once again, confusing names. Dash total frames we have data on:
Most characters have dashes that have 11 total frames. Meta Knight's is 13 which itself isn't limited to him as there's a group of other characters with 13 total frame dashes. The only real "oddballs" are Corrin and Sheik (8), Mii Gunner, Mr. G&W, and Samus (9), Falco (12), and Yoshi (15). There's a majority of 11 total frame dashes, groups of 13, 14, 16, and most of the Fire Emblem characters minus Corrin and Ike in the 17 total frame dash group. I doubt anyone's gone through their animations to check specifically what they do for their dashes, but a 17 frame dash isn't bad as Street Fighter V's Nash can attest to; Nash's dash essentially has 8 frames of startup and moves during its remaining 11 frames.

There might be characters who have dashes like this, but it might not make a difference since one, Smash and Street Fighter are different games, and two, SFV's dash total frames are much higher than in Smash's where the lowest is 8 frames and the highest is 17 while SFV's lowest is 15, Chun-Li and Rashid's and the highest being 25 frames, Zangief's. Note: unknown about the DLC characters. Also, Rashid's the only character to have a normal run in SFV -- Ken can run, but it's activated through V-trigger. Anyway, I digress.

Now, dash length... I don't think we have data on. As far as I know, nobody's gone out and plotted out how far each character's dash goes. It probably not as simple as looking at all the dash values and saying, "Fox has the highest since his dash speed is 2.4." Fox does have a long dash, but average total frames for his dash. Little Mac's is also good, but I'm no sure, but then you go to Falco and Samus and theirs goes almost nowhere compared to Fox and Little Mac's. Then you look at Marth and Roy's and theirs travel quite far. Maybe each character has a value for how far their dashes goes. I don't know.

The last possible thing I can think of is just the difference in how characters move during their walk. Did you notice that when Meta Knight starts walking, he slides a bit? If you take someone like Falco and Fox, they don't slide during their first few steps. Falco does this weird tip-toe thing while Fox power walks. Or someone like Marth where there's this noticeable delay before he begins moving which is probably his walk acceleration. That being said, if this where the case, then Roy should have an insane "step dash" since he slides far during his first few steps of walking. Then there's the whole pivot-walking thing which if you do it with Falco, he does slide around a bit and it's been a thing for Falco since Melee. So, sliding during a walk...

Basically, I have no idea why "step dashes" work.

What are you, Shikamaru? :p

Ah, English dubbing of Naruto... Last time I watched was when Toonami aired it way back then. Think I stopped watching at the Orochimaru arc where he there's this giant fight between him and the third Hokage. Sporadically watching and missing a ton of episodes. That reminds me, I should try to watch all of G Gundam. Holy hell, that brings back memories.

Anyway, "step dashing" is cool and all, but I really would like to see good movement be at least a basic mid-level thing before stuff like bidou, "step dash", whatever becomes commonplace. It's not even a "difficult" skill to be able to move well. I'm waiting for the days when this kind of movement is common: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Pbt7yqiZg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8h_PE3o8Co. I listed all the players who participated in Tamisuma's Falco-only tournaments or played as Falco in the other tournaments in the Falco boards. ALL OF THEM I would say have good movement. Elsewhere on the giant list of Falco players? What? AC, Anragon, Cyro and, StarPrime? The **** is going on? Why is everyone moving like they just started playing or have no idea that other movement options exist beyond running and jumping forward? You can still do that, but stop being so predictable. The recent crew battles on Tamisuma featuring Ryu vs. Cloud and Ryu vs. Mewtwo had horrible movement -- Emblem Lord, you'd be mad as hell watching these two videos. While I don't know Ryu enough, I'd say the Ryu players were decent except one dude who dropped the ball hard and failed to connect a Dair 2-3 times after breaking a Cloud's shield -- dude, just charge a freaking Up Smash or something --, but they mostly bumrushed the hell in. You do not do that when you're slower than Cloud and Mewtwo. You do not do that when they severely out-range you. You do not do that when your jump and hop is rigid compared to everyone else in the goddamn game. And you especially don't do that if that's all you freaking do. Holy crap, why the hell do you think it's a fine idea to run in and jump in with your stubby Nair against Cloud and Mewtwo? Do I need to bribe, convince, or threaten a Falco player to switch to Ryu to show people how to move? Anragon already has a Ryu...

There's always Ito. Pretty sure he was the leading Meta Knight until people saw Leo and then he drops out of everyone's radar.
I didn't say anything about Meta Knight. I meant that Leo proved how dangerous PP can be when most of the other top players didn't think it was even worth implementing in thier game (only other player I've seen make use of PP consistently was Larry Lurr.)

I don't want a whole lot of tournaments, mostly just the big ones. So, I've never heard of Ito. If he is a movement tech god then forget I said anything.

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
People used to look at the actual input and motion of perfect pivots and say it was too inconsistent or frame specific to be used at high level. However, when people started hitting the lab, they were able to break it down to just muscle memory and didn't even need to think about it. I have a feeling the same will happen with this tech. It doesn't even look hard to actually do muscle wise, anyone who can input a slow walk and operate a joystick can do this with practice. It's not like you lose anything by misinputting this. Worst case scenario you input a dash. Just react to the mistake accordingly.

EternalFlare

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone got this working on a 3DS? I know it's probably theoretically possible but with the tiny, limited analog nub it seems insanely difficult.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
So the first thing I thought of was trying to make this easier with Bidou, and so far this is looking pretty promising in the lab. With Bidou, you don't need to return the stick to neutral because C-stick up cancels the walk for 1 frame. Just be careful not to hold L-stick too far forward or else you'll dash.

Here's the input for crouching step dash:
Walk -> C-stick up (hold L-stick still) -> L-stick slightly down-forward -> L-stick down-forward

Here's the input for step dash grab:
Walk -> C-stick up (hold L-stick still) -> Grab

I've done this many times on 1/2 speed with MK so far, and a couple times on 1x speed. You still have to get the timing right, but not having to reset to neutral seems pretty useful. I also can't say for 100% sure whether this method lets you step dash the full length, but the step dash definitely does activate and is noticeable.

I'll keep labbing this. There may be funky things you can do with Bidou pivots or fastfalling with C-stick into landing which could work with step dash.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Hey, if anyone wants to help contribute to my thread, please do so. I'm trying to calculate, confirm or correct step dash distances in my thread. That way people can have a relatively easier source to find distances and whatnot. Again, this will be the second (and last) time I'll talk about my thread here, but this is for Good Measure: http://smashboards.com/threads/work-in-progress-step-dash-distance-rankings.440416/

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I don't know how accurate this is, but someone posted this on the Corrin Discord:

Seems some top tiers and high tiers benefit from this the most, although I could see it being very useful for Yoshi and maybe Bowser Jr., and maybe Pit as well. Zelda and Roy having a "slightly larger slide" is interesting, will this help them rise to low-mid tier? Probably not, but it'll be interesting to see if more people will pick up Zelda and/or Roy.

Attachments

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This is pretty much required learning for all competitive Sheik, Bayonetta, Meta Knight and Fox players. I don't know how good Mewtwo's Step Slide is but it's probably worth learning it for him as well. Sonic most likely won't need it, not sure about Diddy.

:059:

Top Bottom