• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages by splat

Kneato

Totoro Joe

I made some new platforms in my Pokémon Stadium stage for you to stand on. I didn't like the old, round ones.

Wait, where did you platforms go? I didn't create you just to disappear!

Oh! I guess we just entered the Pokémon World Tournament!

Still a work-in-progress. Missing shadows, wrong camera and lightning, textures aren't 100% done and some minor collision work needs fixing. The background needs work as well.

Hey splat, I'm not sure what stage of development this stage is at, but I think you should do a beta release...strictly for testing purposes. I'd test the **** out of it.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Hey splat, I don't know what stage of development that pokemon stage is at, but I think you should do a beta release...strictly for testing purposes. I'd test the **** out of it.

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else unable to use Bowser's Castle since 3.0's release? Peach's Castle is still displayed on the SSS and selecting it causes the game to freeze on my game.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else unable to use Bowser's Castle since 3.0's release? Peach's Castle is still displayed on the SSS and selecting it causes the game to freeze on my game.
That's because there's a .rel file that allows Peach's Castle (Which is FD based) to work over Mario Kart. If you delete the "st_kart.rel" in the module folder, it should work.

As for changing the SSS Icons, you'll need brawl box for that. The Icons are entirely separate from the stage.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I looked at a stage through that Stage Manager and it said there was an error found with Toon Link 00

Why is a character slot coming up through the stages?

EDIT: And yes it froze when I selected it in game. This app thing comes in handy though because it even fixes it in the My Music section

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I looked at a stage through that Stage Manager and it said there was an error found with Toon Link 00

Why is a character slot coming up through the stages?

EDIT: And yes it froze when I selected it in game. This app thing comes in handy though because it even fixes it in the My Music section
Sometimes it likes to bug out like that. I'd just replace what it doesn't like in brawlbox.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I restarted with a fresh version of the stage straight from 3.0.

Now I have another problem when using the Stage Manager. Whenever you're done with your changes what do you click?
I've always clicked "update mu_menumain" and "sc_character2" under tools, and then "save common5" but that has caused every stage I choose to freeze in game. Maybe not every stage, but at the very least the ones I have changed the SSS for through the Stage Manager.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
Hm...
I really don't know what the problem would be.
Unless you switched the .rel files using the manager, that never worked for me. I just had to do that myself.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Why isn't the PMBR including these stages in the builds
wao

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I restarted with a fresh version of the stage straight from 3.0.

Now I have another problem when using the Stage Manager. Whenever you're done with your changes what do you click?
I've always clicked "update mu_menumain" and "sc_character2" under tools, and then "save common5" but that has caused every stage I choose to freeze in game. Maybe not every stage, but at the very least the ones I have changed the SSS for through the Stage Manager.
Never do any of that at all. Whenever you change something just click save common5 and everything will work smoothly.

marlinswine

Smash Rookie
this is great info as i've had a few hiccups changing icons on brawlbox before. this should hopefully make the process a little less painful, thanks. is there a similar way of doing this for character icons? i know they're generally easier but a super simple click-and-done method would be nifty.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Never do any of that at all. Whenever you change something just click save common5 and everything will work smoothly.
It turned out to be a certain texture I was using, but I figured out what the problem was.

Thanks for the heads up though, the file changes to the stages still came through good.
I'm not sure if I'm going to use the 3.0 Lost Island Woods stage though, it said it had a Toon Link 00 error...Whatever that means.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
It turned out to be a certain texture I was using, but I figured out what the problem was.

Thanks for the heads up though, the file changes to the stages still came through good.
I'm not sure if I'm going to use the 3.0 Lost Island Woods stage though, it said it had a Toon Link 00 error...Whatever that means.
That's weird considering I use Lost Woods myself.

this is great info as i've had a few hiccups changing icons on brawlbox before. this should hopefully make the process a little less painful, thanks. is there a similar way of doing this for character icons? i know they're generally easier but a super simple click-and-done method would be nifty.
You can use Costume Manager, which is also found on the site.
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/

210stuna

Smash Lord
Yeah, I kept getting that message when I opened up my stages with the Stage Manager.
I will probably use that Costume Manager thing right now for the kicks of it.

...Who made these gems anyways?
I did everything for the most part manually when it comes to updating the build to 3.0. I will probably utilize all these tools for 3.1b or whatever it'll be called.

Thanks

EDIT: I can't even open the directory for the Costume Manager without it freezing up on me...I've tried 5 times now, I'm going to redownload it and see what's up with it.
EDIT II: I got it to go, pretty nifty. I will have to download Gimp to do my own adjustments. I love it'

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Can you change Stage Switch icons through Brawl Stage Manager?
If you mean the MenStageSwitch, then no. It currently has no option for that(as far as I've toyed with it). Although I wouldn't recommend it, I replaced it before and it caused my game to freeze.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
If you mean the MenStageSwitch, then no. It currently has no option for that(as far as I've toyed with it). Although I wouldn't recommend it, I replaced it before and it caused my game to freeze.

Yeah, I've tried to replace the icons with the ones here, but everything always freezes.

Is there a reason why the game freezes when using these icons specifically, because I've managed to change icons through BrawlBox with no problems.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
MenStageSwitch textures are obnoxious and seem to cause a lot of problems. I finally managed to get my own build working with custom Switchtextures, but it's not a fun process to do it so that it doesn't freeze.

splat

Smash Lord
I decided I wanted to practice mapping textures properly, so I made a model that's a bit... more elaborated compared to my previous ones.
I think I overdid it - I guess it's too hard for me to do own my own now, haha. If anyone could help me properly texturing this thing, it'd be swell.

EDIT: It's based on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon's Gloomy Manor, by the way.
Edit 2: Also, for those who are curious about the layout: in red are the normal floors - with possibly some smaller, ghost-like platforms moving out from the smaller windows every now and then.
Also, here's a different project I was working on before - Rice Beach:

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I decided I wanted to practice mapping textures properly, so I made a model that's a bit... more elaborated compared to my previous ones.
I think I overdid it - I guess it's too hard for me to do own my own now, haha. If anyone could help me properly texturing this thing, it'd be swell.

Edit 2: Also, for those who are curious about the layout: in red are the normal floors - with possibly some smaller, ghost-like platforms moving out from the smaller windows every now and then.

Great looking stage, both of them.

I'm no stage hacker, but I hope you get help working on that Gloomy Manor stage. It looks like it'd go great over Dracula's Castle since it replaced Luigi's Mansion.

Don't give up on Rice Beach, Project M Wario needs a Wario Land stage and that layout looks fun. Looking forward to whatever stages you put out for everyone :)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

I have a million things to do, but I am interested in helping you out.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
HOLD IT!!!!

as of 3 days ago, this thread turned one year old.

And no one wished it a happy birthday.

Happy Birthday, Stages by Splat! You are my favorite thread here!!

We now return you to your previously scheduled posts.

KayRule

Smash Rookie
Splatt, you make some of the most visually appealing stages I've seen. There are many great custom stages in Brawl, but most of the them are a little rough in places to where you can realize it was created by a fan, where as your stages always look very crisp, clean and very professional - if only you would finish them all! Keep up the great work I can't wait to play more of your stages.

Also, does anyone have an older version of the Brawl Stage Manager program? The most recent version (3.1) crashes for me - someone else said they had the same problem but the older one works fine, I asked him and he disappeared.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
I have a million things to do, but I am interested in helping you out.
I'd really appreciate it man, I love your work!

The model itself needs a bit more work - the windows and door on the ground floor aren't there yet for one - but for the most part I'm pretty satisfied. Give me a shout when you got time to help me out?

Happy Birthday, Stages by Splat! You are my favorite thread here!!
Ha, thanks!

Splatt, you make some of the most visually appealing stages I've seen. There are many great custom stages in Brawl, but most of the them are a little rough in places to where you can realize it was created by a fan, where as your stages always look very crisp, clean and very professional - if only you would finish them all! Keep up the great work I can't wait to play more of your stages.
Thanks! I'd love to finish the lot of them, but for many of them I've been walking into some issues that'll take some time to fix (which aren't always the most fun things to do)..

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

EDIT: It's based on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon's Gloomy Manor, by the way.​
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is one of my favorite games :D I can't wait to replace that gawd awful Dracula's Castle stage.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Splat, you've been teasing us with all these goodies for over a year now. Everything looks so freaking good. Could you please release something before I format my C: drive in frustration?

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
You have to delete the st_kart.rel first. Then you should be set.
Yeah it crashed. Where do I find a .rel file?
Edit: Maybe I should look...
Edit Edit: Took care of it, will find out soon if it works. I've never noticed those .rel files before. What do they do?

Last edited:
Top Bottom