• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Ls777

Smash Cadet
Hey, maybe somebody can help me out here...
im looking to transfer the water in hanenbow to a final-d based stage, but i cant seem to find where it is located. Somebody told me that its probably located in the rel file, but i dont understand how i can put it on my stage... i would gladly just import my stage into hanenbow, but hanenbows file size limit is way too small :srs:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The water is part of the main model of the stage IIRC.
The effects are hard coded into the .rel.

I need a squid model to use.
It should be small.
I would use blooper's trophy model, but his model freezes the game.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Getting into stage hacking now. I have a strong desire to make janky stages.

Should I just jump right in or should I start easy?

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
start easy, if you jump right in and do complicated things you may get discouraged. go to wacka alpaca's youtube page for brawl hacking tutorials if you need them

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Start with 2D stages so that you can learn about Stage Collisions and how they work.

Adventure Island is coming along great.

I fixed the Shadows, finished rescaling it, and added Palm Trees to the BG.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
i need help, i am making a 2-d stage and i cant find the collision data.

nevermind i wasnt using the newest version of brawl box

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmmm..

A word of advice, you can attach collisions together.

First you select one of the end points of one collision, then you Alt + Rigth click and when you create a new collision, it will be attached to the end you highlighted.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm..

A word of advice, you can attach collisions together.

First you select one of the end points of one collision, then you Alt + Rigth click and when you create a new collision, it will be attached to the end you highlighted.
thanks, but now i have a new problem when i tried it on my wii, all i got was this stage with numbers and wii remote icons

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Is your picture a multiple of 2? (2x2, 4x4, 8x8, 256x256) etc?
I believe that may be your problem.
You just can't have the images any ol' size.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Is your picture a multiple of 2? (2x2, 4x4, 8x8, 256x256) etc?
I believe that may be your problem.
You just can't have the images any ol' size.
hmm i have been resizing my picture, do you know the exact size it has to be segtendo.

ok i fixed that problem, but now my background comes out but my foreground doesnt, any ideas why.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
ok after about 10 tries with changing the background and foreground its still doesnt work,
all that shows is the background and thats it, my collisions and foreground dont appear.
any ideas why?

This is what it is supposed to look like.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Highlight the entire collision line and some options should appear on the left side.
Assign the lines different functions like Floor, Left Wall, Right Wall, and ledges.

On your screen, there are 3 collision lines to edit. Make sure it's not set to None.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Highlight the entire collision line and some options should appear on the left side.
Assign the lines different functions like Floor, Left Wall, Right Wall, and ledges.

On your screen, there are 3 collision lines to edit. Make sure it's not set to None.
:bee: ok thanks for helping me with this eternal, ill try that, and will this fix my problem i have right now with the stage?
also what does it mean by stage position.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Stage position=death zones, camera boundaries, respawn points, item spawn points, locations for where you start at the beginning of the match, and also includes where Olimar, Lucario, and Ice Climbers's final smash goes.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
thanks liberty ill try that. :)
If you're having problems aligning the top and bottom layer, you're going to want to make sure that if you're looking to make them align you must make sure they align EXACTLY. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but even though they were pretty much the same image, the background would always be larger. By luck/trial and error I finally was able to align the two, but I'm telling you now that things could go badly really quickly. Oh, and the WackaAlpaca template freezes, I recommend downloading someone else's stage and work from there with collisions, textures, etc.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
ok so i just download any old final destination texture hacks and work from there.

yea that is not going to work out for me, i just tried on a melee textures FD and there was alot more textures than the 2d template.

im now trying the hyrule castle 2D template, ill see how it goes.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
ugh i got the same results, just the background, no foreground, and with the invisible collisions.

plz tell me there is a fix to this.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
i think i figured out whats causing it, see whenever i add my foreground and background, the palettes dissapear, is there any way to fix this.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So I was trying to make a more neutral or competitive or whatever version of pumpkin hill, and most of it worked out ok, but the big problem is the background image won't show up, it's all black, I've tried a few things and nothing changes, anyone got any idea why?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Standardtoaster is right. GW PM'd me to ask when he should release Melee FD and YS, the PMBR told me to tell him to release those stages AFTER the demo was released. Not /before/. :glare: If GW would be so kind as to take those stages down and follow the release rules we gave him, that would be grand.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
That's what I thought too. But at least now I can make SSPs for them. (Or should I delete them?)
I'll hold off releasing my pack of classic stages with these two in it until the P:M demo is out. I won't give them to anyone else.

shanus

Smash Hero
Additionally, the YS released by them appears to have incorrect Randall movements. When we release PM, it will have a YS with melee-exact randall pathing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It also looks like it has incorrect Pak E Derm movements. I'm pretty sure Pak E Derm moved in front of that left tree. Whilst not important for gameplay, it still is pretty annoying.

Top Bottom