• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Don't know were to ask this but does there exist a playable version of the mute city stage from melee. The fzero stages in this game are garbage.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Don't know were to ask this but does there exist a playable version of the mute city stage from melee. The fzero stages in this game are garbage.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Could you please upload a version with the Enable Random Expansion Stages included? My friend and I almost exclusively choose random every time, and it would be nice to have custom stages included. Also, what are the Codeset.txt files for?
Codeset.txt is a file you can use to make a GCT. There are several programs that do this - I made a really tiny one here called gct_a.exe, where you can just drag and drop a .txt file onto the .exe and it makes the GCT for you. If there's a "codes" folder, it puts RSBE01.gct in there, otherwise it just puts it in the same folder as the exe.

So, add this text to Codeset.txt (at the bottom is fine), then make a GCT out of it:
Code:
Enable Random Expansion Stages v1.1 [Phantom Wings]:
* C26B7A6C 00000005
* 3860001F 2C120000
* 41820008 3860000A
* 7C101800 41800008
* 38000001 7C800379
* 60000000 00000000
P.S. I also have another program here that edits GCT files directly, and it can turn the enable custom stages code on/off. Other people have programs to edit GCT files too - I know Mewtwo2000 has one, but I'm too lazy to learn it :p

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Real happy to see this bro, glad to see you keeping up the good work.

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
I am having 2 problems:

1) How do I use the CSE 2.5 with independent song loader in Project M? I want to have the music not replace anything existing.

2) Some stages are totally black, sometimes you can see part of the background like in Geothermal Plant where you can see Riddley but the stage is all black. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Hey is there a way to change the series icon and game origin for the custom stages? Im using the 12 stage version, and I cant seem to find those in the common5 for the custom stages. Thanks a bunch

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Libertyernie, the stage expansion is great, but could you possibly make another one like this?

The only differences are individual series icons/banners, and the preview/stock placement. Hope it's not too much trouble.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Hey is there a way to change the series icon and game origin for the custom stages? Im using the 12 stage version, and I cant seem to find those in the common5 for the custom stages. Thanks a bunch
Right now they all use the MenSelchrMark.20 and MenSelmapMark.SSE, but I'll change it soon so each of the 12 stages have their own. I think there's room.

Libertyernie, the stage expansion is great, but could you possibly make another one like this?

The only differences are individual series icons/banners, and the preview/stock placement. Hope it's not too much trouble.
I think the 12-stage version I posted is like that.

I am having 2 problems:

1) How do I use the CSE 2.5 with independent song loader in Project M? I want to have the music not replace anything existing.

2) Some stages are totally black, sometimes you can see part of the background like in Geothermal Plant where you can see Riddley but the stage is all black. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?
Hmm... I don't know the answers to either of these.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
You probably have the wrong module file.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the reply.

Well the difference is that the individual franchise banners have been replace with Brawl, PM, Melee and 64 banners; the stock and timer have been moved to the left side of the stage selection screen, and the previews are considerably smaller. Is this changeable?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
How can I replace the song that loads on a Custom Stage?
My custom stage 01 loads the results screen song, and I want to change that.

210stuna

Smash Lord
For any reason would there ever be a reason for your Stage Manager not to work with this Stage Expansion Pack?

It crashes randomly for me, that's why.

Kegga Beatz

Smash Cadet

This is based on my Classic Expansion Pack, but I replaced all the stages with copies of the Training Room, removed all the music, and changed the portraits to say the name of the stage. Basically, it's a template you can use to put your own stages in.
In addition to the 42 stages in Project M already, one template has 36 extra stages, and the other has 12.

Downloads: (self-extracting 7zip)
Stage Expansion Template r2 (12 stages) - PM 3.02.7z.exe
Stage Expansion Template r2 (36 stages) - PM 3.02.7z.exe
Is there a video or a tutorial I could use to learn how to install this?

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Right now they all use the MenSelchrMark.20 and MenSelmapMark.SSE, but I'll change it soon so each of the 12 stages have their own. I think there's room.
Any update with this? I'm trying to edit the logos in the Brawl Stage Manager, but whenever I change one custom stage, they all change as well as Final Destination and Battlefield. (Possibly more, I gave up when I noticed this)

BleuShado

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8298-0666
Can someone give me a link to a tutorial? I'd really appriciate it if someone would tell me how to do this without deleting my files.

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
I successfully added the 12-stage expansion and for a while, everything worked fine. But after several matches, the game silent froze on the SSS and I have no idea why.

I know it's not because of the size of the preview files (I'd encountered and resolved that issue on my own,) but I dunno what else it could be. Has anyone else faced this issue?

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Is it possible to change the song path? For example, I'm putting a Mario level in one of the custom slots and want to use A01 instead of Xsomething. Can I somehow change that without overwriting the song loading with the custom slot?

210stuna

Smash Lord
How do you add a custom music slot to the custom stages?
I know how to replace brstms in PM, but not to add music slots. I swear I had one build where the person who uploaded it had two custom songs per custom stage.

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
How do you add a custom music slot to the custom stages?
I know how to replace brstms in PM, but not to add music slots. I swear I had one build where the person who uploaded it had two custom songs per custom stage.
I second that statement. How can you add more music slots to custom stages?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
There are codes in the GCT that make the game load some obscure music slot from a single player mode when playing one of the expansion stages. It is not (yet) possible to give an expansion stage more than one music slot.

@GFooChombey you can just make a copy of your A01 brstm and rename to whatever one your custom stage uses. That will probably be a lot easier than editing the GCT. (Or if you wanted to use the track that slot used in Brawl, then just grab it from http://www.brawlcustommusic.com and give it the right filename.)

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
@ squeakyboots13 squeakyboots13 But I could hypothetically edit the GCT? I just don't want to replace music from Classic Mode and other modes my group still uses and can reuse songs already there and/or replace one from a stage that has a lot of music already and use it on the custom stage.

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Query; I want to replace the Warioware stage with the SSB4 Wily Stage, because I want to add plenty of megaman music, should I worry about the extra microgames music?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
@ squeakyboots13 squeakyboots13 But I could hypothetically edit the GCT? I just don't want to replace music from Classic Mode and other modes my group still uses and can reuse songs already there and/or replace one from a stage that has a lot of music already and use it on the custom stage.
If you want to try your hand at editing the GCT, here's the code.

Stage-Dependant Song Loader [Oshtoby]
28708ceb 000000SS
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF00YYYY
E0000000 80008000

SS is the number for the Custom Stage you want to use and YYYY is the ID for the brstm. Unfortunately, I cannot find a list of IDs for the music. (It's not the same as the filename.) There's supposed to be one included in the CEP download, but I can't find it. You may have to ask libertyernie for more info about it.

Query; I want to replace the Warioware stage with the SSB4 Wily Stage, because I want to add plenty of megaman music, should I worry about the extra microgames music?
You should not have to worry about that. They won't play unless it's the WarioWare stage.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm using Daakun's Riivo set up. Can somebody help me install the 36 stage version? I've been trying this for a while.

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
I'm trying my hand at using the GCT Editor linked above for the stage-dependent song loader. Can someone help explain to me how to set a song to be loaded by a custom stage?

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
for 78 stages, what stages doesnt random hit? I noticed at least 10 that never get chosen on random.

Sorry if this was answered else where

DakillaG

Smash Rookie
; Stage Builder stages won't, because they're in a different format. (Although I think you can still access Stage Builder stages in the normal way if you put them in /projectm/st folder.)
could you please go into more detail about this? Me and my friends have been trying to get our Stage Builder Stages onto PM, but we never could.

Last edited:

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Is there a version of the 12 Stage Expansion with the original 3.0 Stage Select Screen? Or is there some way to revert it back myself? The 12 Stage Expansion stage slots don't get in the way of 3.0's Stage Pictures like the 36 Stage Expansion does, but it still uses the small, too left style of the 36 Stage Expansion.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, Caporai here and I still using Project M v2.5 for the PAL version (which means no v3.0 for me)

Anyway I'm having an issue about the musics for my custom stages that somehow "switching to a song from the previous played stage" in the game (and somehow it got on my normal stages as well). Is there a solution to it or is it that i overloaded the capacity of a stage slot, as well as my SDcard (used 1.23 GB of 1.83 GB)?

This is how i did setup:

CustomStage 0D with Y15 song, the SSE skiff stage
CustomStage 0E with Y16 song, the SSE lake stage
CustomStage 0F with Y17 song, the SSE forest stage

NormalStageBattleField with X25 song (which i put "Brawl Galaxy" stage since that stage doesn't work on custom stage slot for some reason.)

I play 0D stage and Y15 song plays (which works as expected), but like 90 second around, the music starts to change to Y16 (which last around a minute), then either it goes back to Y15, or the music changes to Y17 then it goes back to Y15.

After I played 0D stage I went for Brawl Galaxy stage, just to expect to hear X25 song, only to hear Y15, which belonged to 0D stage, and even there it started to change like 0D stage experienced.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Is there a version of the 12 Stage Expansion with the original 3.0 Stage Select Screen? Or is there some way to revert it back myself? The 12 Stage Expansion stage slots don't get in the way of 3.0's Stage Pictures like the 36 Stage Expansion does, but it still uses the small, too left style of the 36 Stage Expansion.
Hmm... I should fix that.

Any other questions? I'm not sure how many of these have been resolved in the few months since they've been posted.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I should fix that.

Any other questions? I'm not sure how many of these have been resolved in the few months since they've been posted.
I actually figured out how to do that on my own. I was going to post a tutorial about that but forgot and now I don't have my computer with me, so I can't give a detaile walkthrough. Also, for the 12 Stage Expansion, Skyloft would display as exed out even when it was on in the Random Stage Select. It was still selectable from the Random Select though. I fixed that too for my build, but I don't remember how to fix that.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman

Here's a comparision for clarity, your original 12 stage expansion (2.6) vs the current expansion. Could this be fixed?

Last edited:

LavaLatte

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to have a version where the 39 icons on the first page are all vBrawl stage slots, and all the custom Training Room stage slots on the 2nd page? This way all of the stages available for random select can be seen on the first page =]

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Is there a site anywhere that has downloads of stages specifically for PM?

Top Bottom