• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Nintendo published all Wii games.
Uh, what? No they don't. You're getting mixed up with "Licensed by Nintendo", which is completely different. Or do you actually believe Nintendo is the publisher of every single Wii game ever released?

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I find this stage list plausible.

The stages for playable series make sense for a lot of them. Metroid will never get rid of it's Super Metroid legacy, DK Tropical Freeze seems to be forgotten, to the benefit of Country Returns, Starfox is still cursed with the Great Fox.
Although weird that Mario only have 3 stages, the 6 playables Mario characters (minus Dr Mario) have a homestage (well, not really for Peach)
The Rhythm Heaven, NintendoLand, NES Remix stages make sense (remember that there's a Nazo no Murasame Jo medley on 3DS, only for Smash Run).
I'd even say that Kid Icarus having 3 stages make sense too.

The only really weird thing is the fact that there's Town & City AND Smashville.
Yep I agree, TF being missing makes sense. That game honestly came out while SSB4's development was pretty far. Very similar to how Mario Galaxy was completely left out of Brawl (although Galaxy was much later).

Actually, Town & City and Smashville isn't too weird I think... We had very similar new & old levels in each Smash. Dreamland & Green Greens and Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2. Granted both of those are somewhat more different in ways.

But yeah, totally in agreement with you otherwise. I feel the list is very plausible and realistic.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Actually, Town & City and Smashville isn't too weird I think... We had very similar new & old levels in each Smash. Dreamland & Green Greens and Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2. Granted both of those are somewhat more different in ways.

But yeah, totally in agreement with you otherwise. I feel the list is very plausible and realistic.
Well, Smashville is even more neutral, by the fact it doesn't travel and transform. It looks like Town & City have 3, then 2 plateforms. But it's true that we had Green Greens and Dreamland, with Whispy Woods on both, and the 2 Pokemon Stadiums, good point (although they have more differencies between them, compared to the AC stages).

If it's fake (we need more evidences), it's a really well thought out fake.

Naoshi

Well, Smashville is even more neutral, by the fact it doesn't travel and transform. It looks like Town & City have 3, then 2 plateforms. But it's true that we had Green Greens and Dreamland, with Whispy Woods on both, and the 2 Pokemon Stadiums, good point (although they have more differencies between them, compared to the AC stages).

If it's fake (we need more evidences), it's a really well thought out fake.
I agree. I'm on the fence about the leak, so far there's nothing that makes or breaks it yet including the recently revealed Gamer stage. It's a very well thought out and amazing "leak" despite some annoyances I have with it.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I agree. I'm on the fence about the leak, so far there's nothing that makes or breaks it yet including the recently revealed Gamer stage. It's a very well thought out and amazing "leak" despite some annoyances I have with it.
I want to believe it, but I'm not going to say it's true yet (and even with a lot of evidence, I would still be doubtful. It's in my nature :p)
I don't really have annoyances with it... Maybe Kirby getting 3 new stages, but I don't really care about that.

Oh, also, I realise that Town and City (probably) can't have KK Slider, because of the transforming background.

Last edited:

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
I wonder... do you guys remember how, in Melee, Yoshi's Island was considered a Yoshi stage, besides coming from Super MARIO World. So... what if the Wii U Yoshi Stage is something like Yoshi Egg Galaxy?

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
The NES Remix stage will more than likely be like the brawl Warioware stage in the fact that you have to clear some whacky objective. This is supported by how the Warioware stage is on the 3DS, so we can expect a new objective stage on Wii U.

Naoshi

I wonder... do you guys remember how, in Melee, Yoshi's Island was considered a Yoshi stage, besides coming from Super MARIO World. So... what if the Wii U Yoshi Stage is something like Yoshi Egg Galaxy?
We already have Mario Galaxy as a stage so I feel this would've feel kind of too redundant. And considering the likelyhood that Yoshi will only have 1 new stage... it's best to use it on a stage based on an actual Yoshi game!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The NES Remix stage will more than likely be like the brawl Warioware stage in the fact that you have to clear some whacky objective. This is supported by how the Warioware stage is on the 3DS, so we can expect a new objective stage on Wii U.
This stage idea is pure genius! I hope this is a real stage in the Wii U version!

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Music I think are in the Gamer stage:

1 - Mom Appears! (from: Game & Wario - Gamer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-UutzUg9I&index=35&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT

2 - Gamer Medley (includes Gamer Title Screen, Gamer Character Select, Retro4life and a new original remix from Gamer Character Select) (from: Game & Wario - Gamer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Fk02XCYvA&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT&index=33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6vfmRBP1rk&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT&index=34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZPrFE7DxM&index=37&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT

3 - Ashley's Revolution (from: Game & Wario - Ashley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n0cv5D0qVU&index=45&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT

4 - Adrift (from: Game & Wario - Islands)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Rsmclr0Bk&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT&index=70

5 - Tower Totals (from: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon/Luigi's Mansion 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IUOAtbFgyg

6 - Luigi's Ghost Mansion Intro (from: Nintendo Land)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHCeGOW7418

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm expecting the music to be evolutive, at least on one music (the Gamer medley, for exemple), like on the WarioWare stage where minigame musics were in, only if Warioware Inc was playing.

We also shouldn't forget the Ashley boss battle theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLxbadLRx0M

More fitting the Gamer stage, to me.
Edit: Or simply an Ashley Medley :awesome:

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If there isn't a Rhythm Heaven stage then Gamer needs at least one track from the series.

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
So, do you guys think the Wii U might receive adtional Sonic, Megaman and Pac-man levels? If so... I have an Idea!
Angel Island could be a great stage, you would fight in front of Knuckles's altar from Sonic Adventure 1, and the battle would start pretty normally, with Mecha Sonic sometimes throwing energy spheres at the stage. Eventually, the Master Emerald would float into the area you're fighting and shoot some...green energy stuff. Of course, you can stop this by breaking the emerald, but this would free Perfect Chaos( who would act like a less annoying Yellow Devil)

Probably never gonna happen...

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
We got a new Sonic and Pac-Man stage for the Wii U, so I doubt well be getting a second one.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep, I also think that we'll stick to one stage per guest serie. Although it's going to be somewhat weird to have Pac-Land as Pac-Man's main stage...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know it seems to me that sakurai prefers to stick with kirby games he's worked on so im beging to doubt we'll get that adventure wii or epic yarn stage we've been hoping for

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
It would be a travesty to not get a Kirby's Return to Dreamland stage with CROWNED playing in the background.

Also, I'm reaaally happy with that Star Fox stage. It's great to see the series get the love it deserves.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
That Star Fox Assault stage looks very pleasant and fun. It reminds me of an odder Big Blue for some reason.

Naoshi

More returning stages confirmed for Wii U version! They might be unlockables judging by the fact they're in the secret character page, so I'll spoiler tag it just to be safe.

Onett! One of my favorite Melee stages!

Smashville is also confirmed!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
More returning stages confirmed for Wii U version! They might be unlockables judging by the fact they're in the secret character page, so I'll spoiler tag it just to be safe.

Onett! One of my favorite Melee stages!

Smashville is also confirmed!
thats probably town and city

Naoshi

thats probably town and city
It's actually not that stage. As already explained in another thread, it matches Smashville. Sable (the brown hedgehog) has less polygons and lower resolution textures. The clouds are very different compared to Town & City, and the ropes have a different design.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/town-and-city

For comparison sakes: Notice the clouds's design being consistent and how much better Mable (Sable's sister who is a blue hedgehog [sonic joke here]) looks compared to Sable. The platform's props are different too.

Last edited:

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
It's actually not that stage. As already explained in another thread, it matches Smashville. Sable (the brown hedgehog) has less polygons and lower resolution textures. The clouds are very different compared to Town & City, and the ropes have a different design.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/town-and-city

For comparison sakes: Notice the clouds's design being consistent and how much better Mable (Sable's sister who is a blue hedgehog [sonic joke here]) looks compared to Sable. The platform's props are different too.
Leak Confirmed. Its nice to see those stages return. Let the Smash WiiU hype begin!

Staarih

Smash Master
An ideal situation would be for every playable character franchise to get stage representation (on the Wii U as the 3DS clearly didn't deliver on that part). So I hope the likes of R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Duo get something at least, WFT has the Wii Fit stage luckily...

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Duck Hunt seems like it would be so easy to make a stage, since his game is literally just grass and a sky. Just put some floating grass and boom you got a stage. Also I thought they should've made the waiting room a stage for the Wii Fit Trainer.

Naoshi

Duck Hunt seems like it would be so easy to make a stage, since his game is literally just grass and a sky. Just put some floating grass and boom you got a stage. Also I thought they should've made the waiting room a stage for the Wii Fit Trainer.
Hmmm, I would be a tad disappointed if Duck Hunt's stage is just the main area of the game. I mean... there has to be more to it than just that. Balloon Fight lends itself as a stage with the flippers and the pond with the killer fish. Meanwhile Duck Hunt's hypothetical stage being just the game's main area is kind of too lacking by Sakurai's creative standards.

I believe Duck Hunt's stage will probably be more about Nintendo Zapper based games than just Duck Hunt itself. Especially seeing as how the dog himself takes stuff from other Zapper games as his moveset. He seems to be more representing the Nintendo Zapper as a whole rather than just his own game. What do you think of that idea?

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I would be a tad disappointed if Duck Hunt's stage is just the main area of the game. I mean... there has to be more to it than just that. Balloon Fight lends itself as a stage with the flippers and the pond with the killer fish. Meanwhile Duck Hunt's hypothetical stage being just the game's main area is kind of too lacking by Sakurai's creative standards.

I believe Duck Hunt's stage will probably be more about Nintendo Zapper based games than just Duck Hunt itself. Especially seeing as how the dog himself takes stuff from other Zapper games as his moveset. He seems to be more representing the Nintendo Zapper as a whole rather than just his own game. What do you think of that idea?
I think it would be cool if the ducks could be platforms that could get killed if you stand on them too long.

kafeiwhite

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit disappointed Onett is back, while I love any and all Mother inclusions I'd much have preferred Fourside.... Actually I'm really disappointed with all the returning stages thus far, the 3DS ones are all kind of rubbish and repetitive.

Qwertythe300th

Smash Rookie
Music I think are in the Gamer stage:

(Content)
I think the "Gamer" Stage will be like Hanenbow on Brawl as the stage without music. In the game Gamer on Game & Wario, it feels like you could hear a pin drop as the few sounds are the eerie ambiance of things about to happen, along with sounds of the furniture interactions.

I believe that if you have any sort of background music in this level, it will really take away from the experience of playing with your friends on "Gamer" and seeing the door turn, collectively saying "OH GOD SHES COMING HIDE" to the ringing ambiance, just to see its the cat.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
どのようなステージがスマッシュ自体のタワーからのものである場合はどうなりますか?
What if the the pic is from Tower Of Smash itself?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Now according to the leaked stage list there isn't a Flat Zone 3. Anyone kinda surprised by this?

Naoshi

Now according to the leaked stage list there isn't a Flat Zone 3. Anyone kinda surprised by this?
Not really, it still had a Game & Watch stage which is Greenhouse. They don't really need to make a Flat Zone 3 for G&W. As long as they can still come up with new stages for him...

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Not really, it still had a Game & Watch stage which is Greenhouse. They don't really need to make a Flat Zone 3 for G&W. As long as they can still come up with new stages for him...
Oooo I totally didn't know greenhouse was a G&W stage...that explains a lot. Thanks. *thumbs up*

Top Bottom