• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Zavanthar The Brave

Smash Rookie
Man, I was a bit sad when I unlocked every stage just to find out The Pirate Ship from Brawl didn't return... That was an awesome stage and one of my favorites.

Also, there's something I dont quite understand yet. It was stated that for each version (3DS, Wii U) there were going to be more stages in relation to the consoles; more stages from handheld games for the 3DS and more home console stages for the Wii U. So, can someone tell me why is there a Paper Mario stage in the 3DS version? I mean, I know the latest Paper Mario game came out for the 3DS, but the 3DS has only 1 Paper Mario Game while home consoles have 3 Paper Mario games (which were amazing btw). I dont know, for me that stage should have been for the Wii U version, but whatever, I guess I'll have to deal with it... XD

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Man, I was a bit sad when I unlocked every stage just to find out The Pirate Ship from Brawl didn't return... That was an awesome stage and one of my favorites.

Also, there's something I dont quite understand yet. It was stated that for each version (3DS, Wii U) there were going to be more stages in relation to the consoles; more stages from handheld games for the 3DS and more home console stages for the Wii U. So, can someone tell me why is there a Paper Mario stage in the 3DS version? I mean, I know the latest Paper Mario game came out for the 3DS, but the 3DS has only 1 Paper Mario Game while home consoles have 3 Paper Mario games (which were amazing btw). I dont know, for me that stage should have been for the Wii U version, but whatever, I will get over it... XD
Yeah, Pirate Ship was fun.

It's because they said "most." :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There are so many stages I wanted to see return, and after listening to the soundtrack (only the songs from past Smashes, though), I think I have an idea about which stages will NOT come back as DLC because their song is already used in Smash Wii U (unless Sakurai tampers with the songs, which, as Brawl modding and Project M taught me, is totally possible).

• Yoshi's Island
  • Big Blue
  • Brinstar
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Corneria
  • Great Bay
  • Green Greens
  • Icicle Mountain
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Mute City
  • Poké Floats
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Venom
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Mario Bros.
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • New Pork City
  • PictoChat
  • Spear Pillar
  • Summit
  • WarioWare, Inc.
  • Yoshi's Island
Of course, there could be even more stages, such as Frigate Orpheon and Distant Planet, but there are so many unused songs from their series that they could come back with a completely new soundtrack.
  • All stages except Dream Land, Find Mii and Tomodachi Life
More stages could be made available with new songs.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Also, there's something I dont quite understand yet. It was stated that for each version (3DS, Wii U) there were going to be more stages in relation to the consoles; more stages from handheld games for the 3DS and more home console stages for the Wii U. So, can someone tell me why is there a Paper Mario stage in the 3DS version? I mean, I know the latest Paper Mario game came out for the 3DS, but the 3DS has only 1 Paper Mario Game while home consoles have 3 Paper Mario games (which were amazing btw). I dont know, for me that stage should have been for the Wii U version, but whatever, I guess I'll have to deal with it... XD
because two out of three of its area are from sticker star

D

Deleted member 269706

So this may be a pretty dumb question, but why isn't Windy Hill Zone a competitive stage? There's really no hazards on it, and it's pretty generic...Seems like it shouldn't be illegal if a stage like the Pokemon Stadium 2 is legal.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So this may be a pretty dumb question, but why isn't Windy Hill Zone a competitive stage? There's really no hazards on it, and it's pretty generic...Seems like it shouldn't be illegal if a stage like the Pokemon Stadium 2 is legal.
Too big for 1v1s, no idea for 2v2s though.......

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
I still can't believe that we're on the fourth Smash game and we still haven't gotten a Bowser's Castle stage(the area in the Paper Mario stage doesn't count). You'd think that this would had been a no brainer.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
I think that instead of providing competitive neutral stage, they should just add Battlefield versions of the stages like they did with the Final Destination.

Also, I like 75m, although I call it my guilty pleasure.
I would prefer if they just had the stages as they were just without hazards of gimmicks. That way stages like Jungle Hijinx, Mushroom Kingdom U, Pyrosphere, Orbital Gate, and Wily Castle will become unique neutral stages. And 75m does have it's charm I do admit. :]

I hope we get a windwaker and a majoras mask stage
The only way I see that happening is if the Wii U gets the Wind Waker stage while thr 3DS gets the Majoras Mask stage. It would be better if the Wii U had both but you know Sakurai.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
There are so many stages I wanted to see return, and after listening to the soundtrack (only the songs from past Smashes, though), I think I have an idea about which stages will NOT come back as DLC because their song is already used in Smash Wii U (unless Sakurai tampers with the songs, which, as Brawl modding and Project M taught me, is totally possible).

• Yoshi's Island
  • Big Blue
  • Brinstar
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Corneria
  • Great Bay
  • Green Greens
  • Icicle Mountain
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Mute City
  • Poké Floats
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Venom
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Mario Bros.
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • New Pork City
  • PictoChat
  • Spear Pillar
  • Summit
  • WarioWare, Inc.
  • Yoshi's Island
Of course, there could be even more stages, such as Frigate Orpheon and Distant Planet, but there are so many unused songs from their series that they could come back with a completely new soundtrack.
  • All stages except Dream Land, Find Mii and Tomodachi Life
More stages could be made available with new songs.
I know what you mean but I don't think that "No single song gets spread across more than one stage" rule would count for DLC or else there would be no DLC stages at all. Say if they were to bring a stage from Return to Dreamland as DLC that stage would probably need songs like Green Greens ver. 2 and other songs from the GCO stage as an option or else it wouldn't feel right. Same logic goes with any potential DLC characters that already have trophies such as Mewtwo who is confirmed for DLC. Besides, both Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and the Menu all have "Menu" as a music option each of those stages/menus.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I know what you mean but I don't think that "No single song gets spread across more than one stage" rule would count for DLC or else there would be no DLC stages at all. Say if they were to bring a stage from Return to Dreamland as DLC that stage would probably need songs like Green Greens ver. 2 and other songs from the GCO stage as an option or else it wouldn't feel right. Same logic goes with any potential DLC characters that already have trophies such as Mewtwo who is confirmed for DLC. Besides, both Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and the Menu all have "Menu" as a music option each of those stages/menus.
Great example, but A.The Menu is NOT considered as a stage and B.Battlefield and Big Battlefield are two versions of the exact same stage, so getting the exact same soundtrack for both stage is understandable.

PF9

Smash Lord
So, I want to get more Amiibo to do farming, so what is the biggest stage in the game (the most conductive to amiibo farming)?

Theberzerker

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-0803-5110
Anyone else had a bug on Town and City where you get stuck on one side of the moving platforms?
It just happened to me and allowed by lv 9 cpu training partner to finish me off :awesome:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Anyone else had a bug on Town and City where you get stuck on one side of the moving platforms?
It just happened to me and allowed by lv 9 cpu training partner to finish me off :awesome:
lel ya n00b :troll:

Jokes aside (if this even WAS one), it did happen to me too. When the platforms move out, you're stuck......

Ind15

Smash Rookie
I find myself favoring the 3DS stages more than the Wii U ones. I dunno, the Wii U has some really beautiful and creative stages (Jungle Hijinx, Gamer), but 3D land, Find Mii, Tortimer Island, Gerudo Valley, and Spirit Tracks are fantastic nonetheless. Anyone else feel the same way?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I find myself favoring the 3DS stages more than the Wii U ones. I dunno, the Wii U has some really beautiful and creative stages (Jungle Hijinx, Gamer), but 3D land, Find Mii, Tortimer Island, Gerudo Valley, and Spirit Tracks are fantastic nonetheless. Anyone else feel the same way?
You forgot Magicant, but yeah! I hope some of them are DLCs for Wii U.

Ind15

Smash Rookie
You forgot Magicant, but yeah! I hope some of them are DLCs for Wii U.
Magicant is a pretty cool stage, but those darn flying men get on my nerves! Oh well, I can't turn down a new Earthbound stage

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
One thing I do wish is that if they were gonna bring back so many Melee stages, they could have at least brought back some that weren't in Brawl. Such as Peach's Castle, Great Bay and Fountain Of Dreams.

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
Aside from Town and City and Halberd what are some low level stages?? (preferably omega)

Shulkamania

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatguy13
Yes! It's so annoying since it doesn't happen to anyone but me when I play with friends. Just another reason why we need a bug fix patch. Or maybe it's new tech lol.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I still can't believe that we're on the fourth Smash game and we still haven't gotten a Bowser's Castle stage(the area in the Paper Mario stage doesn't count). You'd think that this would had been a no brainer.
SSF2 got it before Brawl came out. This is absurd.

Also WH should be completely fine in 2v2. Circle camping and windmill camping won't happen in 2v2s. I've played it with friends who i told to camp as well as possible. It wasn't too hard catching them, and I was using Ganon.

Kalos league. Great Cave Offensive. Halberd. Flat Zone X. Stadium 2. It goes both ways, simple thing is that if there is a superior potential stage,Wii U will get it regardless of origin.

Last edited:

Ind15

Smash Rookie
I like to think Stadium 2 is a reference to Pokemon Stadium, and that's why it's on the console version. Although with games like Pokemon and G&W, it's obvious that some handheld stages are gonna sneak their way on to the console version. I mean, G&W is basically all handhelds.

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
This may be among the 88 tabs of this thread, but I wonder if there is a way I raise enough fan requests to create an "Alpha" version to each stage. What I mean is a non hazard version of the stages with different platform variations. So in essence, each stage would have three versions:
1-Normal
2-Omega (FD Style)
3-Alpha (platform no hazards)

This cannot take a huge amount of effort to do since Omega versions were already made. I am not a programmer, but this should be Omega stages with added platforms.
Thoughts?
This would seriously benefit the tournament side and give another for glory option so it isn't always flat.

Ind15

Smash Rookie
This may be among the 88 tabs of this thread, but I wonder if there is a way I raise enough fan requests to create an "Alpha" version to each stage. What I mean is a non hazard version of the stages with different platform variations. So in essence, each stage would have three versions:
1-Normal
2-Omega (FD Style)
3-Alpha (platform no hazards)

This cannot take a huge amount of effort to do since Omega versions were already made. I am not a programmer, but this should be Omega stages with added platforms.
Thoughts?
This would seriously benefit the tournament side and give another for glory option so it isn't always flat.
I definitely agree with this mode (and the name you gave it). It would not only benefit the competitive community, but also help those who don't like stage hazards in general (I personally am fine with them, but I have a few friends who really despise them). Plus, FD over and over gets a bit stale, especially since not even all of the FD stages are tournament legal. The only problem I can see is actually making this new mode. I doubt the makers of PM will back this up (they already said they weren't making a PM U) and I don't think the Smash team would work on something like this anytime soon. However, if this can somehow be made, I'm on full support!

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
I meant it more for nintendo to develop. Doubtful perhaps, but it would truly go a LONG way for the community as a whole.

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
I made some custom stages that somewhat mirror pm stages. Those won't be accepted across the board but it will have to do for now for local play.

Ind15

Smash Rookie
My friends and I usually either mess around on the default stages (sometimes with items) or play "hardcore" on the Omega forms. It would be nice to have some middle-ground with "Alpha" stages, but I guess custom stages fill up that gap for now. I still appreciate how the Smash dev team at least TRIED to keep the tournament scene in mind when making the Omega stages. But, unfortunately, more FDs aren't really what people wanted...

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
One could only hope.
At least this time around, there is the potential to make it happen with an update.
I wish we could channel this request among everyone and blast Nintendo so they know the fan base needs this.

PF9

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a DLC stage:

Mount Moon. It would be a Pokemon universe stage set inside the Kanto location of the same name. Every now and then, Nidoqueen or Nidoking could show up to attack the fighters. They could be attacked themselves and defeated like other stage bosses in this regard (both of these Pokemon can be obtained after using a Moon Stone - which can be found at Mount Moon - on their previous form). I was hoping to see these Pokemon as bosses for a possible adventure mode.

Geno9999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Geno9999
I have an idea for a DLC stage:

Mount Moon. It would be a Pokemon universe stage set inside the Kanto location of the same name. Every now and then, Nidoqueen or Nidoking could show up to attack the fighters. They could be attacked themselves and defeated like other stage bosses in this regard (both of these Pokemon can be obtained after using a Moon Stone - which can be found at Mount Moon - on their previous form). I was hoping to see these Pokemon as bosses for a possible adventure mode.
Why not a Clefable there too? You can find Clefairy in Mt. Moon, and they evolve with a moonstone. Good idea tho.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
I have a idea for a Stage Ecruteak city.
It would take place on the two towers of Jhoto with a few floating platforms in between . Sometimes Ho-oh will appear and burn down the tower on the left . Breaking it open and causing a fire that does around 7 damage . A while after that Raikou appears on a floating platform doing a weaker version of master beasts electric attack. Then Articuno appears it casts Ice beam on the burnt tower freezeing the burnt tower reverting it back to how it was originally then the cycle restarts .
Music Vs Ho-oh (original) Alt Pokémon stadium 2 (remix)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I have a idea for a Stage Ecruteak city.
It would take place on the two towers of Jhoto with a few floating platforms in between . Sometimes Ho-oh will appear and burn down the tower on the left . Breaking it open and causing a fire that does around 7 damage . A while after that Raikou appears on a floating platform doing a weaker version of master beasts electric attack. Then Articuno appears it casts Ice beam on the burnt tower freezeing the burnt tower reverting it back to how it was originally then the cycle restarts .
Music Vs Ho-oh (original) Alt Pokémon stadium 2 (remix)
There's a stage loosley similar to what you've described if youre interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXpR22Dq-w

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
There's a stage loosley similar to what you've described if youre interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXpR22Dq-w
Man I can't wait till the hackers tap into this game so we can start downloading custom stages again, it just brings in whole new worlds to the Smash universe, even if many of them are bad. I just wish you didn't have to replace an existing stage and place different thumbnails and screenshots to the selection screen.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Man I can't wait till the hackers tap into this game so we can start downloading custom stages again, it just brings in whole new worlds to the Smash universe, even if many of them are bad. I just wish you didn't have to replace an existing stage and place different thumbnails and screenshots to the selection screen.
Yup, at least there's many stages to obviously replace now like big battlefield and maybe even Final Destination since omega stages. However when people make stages I guess they havta make an omega version too? I dunno, what Im looking forward to in terms of hacking/customizing most is just importing some music. Otherwise I dont really meddle with the game that much.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
So I was thinking about if there was only one version (the Wii U one, obviously) and which stages they would have picked from each. So I combined it with what I would have picked for previous stages (and added a few stages too) so basically this became my dream stage list:

Battlefield
Big Battlefield (resembling Melee’s design for its Battlefield)
Final Destination
3D World (Super Bell Hill or something similar)
Rainbow Road (wouldn't have to necessarily be MK7's or any of them really, could just be generic or a combo of a few, and would represent MK8's anti-gravity like Mario Circuit)
Mario Galaxy
Mario Party (based off one of the earlier games, maybe the Party Cube from 4 or the Star Lift from 3? Or a generic board)
Princess Peach’s Castle (Melee)
Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
Jungle Hijinx
Something from DKC: Tropical Freeze
Kongo Jungle (64)
75m (Brawl)
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Hyrule Castle (64)
Temple (Melee)
Pyrosphere
Brinstar (Melee)
Norfair (Brawl)
Wooly World
Yoshi's Cookie, just to mess with people (and could be interesting if done right)
Yoshi’s Island (64)
Yoshi’s Island (Melee)
The Great Cave Offensive
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
Halberd (Brawl)
Orbital Gate Assault
Corneria (Melee)
Lylat Cruise (Brawl)
Unova Pokémon League
Kalos Pokémon League
Pokémon Stadium X (either takes on the appearance of PS1 or a whole new look, transformations from both 1 and 2)
Saffron City (64)
Poké Floats (Melee)
Some new F-Zero Stage that isn’t the 3DS one
Mute City (Melee)
Port Town Aero Dive (Brawl)
Magicant
Onett (Melee)
Fourside (Melee)
Arena Ferox
Coliseum
Castle Siege (Brawl)
Flat Zone X
Palutena’s Temple
Skyworld (Brawl)
Gamer
Wario Land Something, probably Shake It
WarioWare, Inc. (Brawl)
Garden of Hope
Tortimer Island
Something based off City Folk or New Leaf that isn't Smashville 2.0; if it's in the village it would change time and season according to the Wii U clock
Smashville
Wii Fit Studio
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plain
Living Room
Tomadochi Life
Duck Hunt
Icicle Mountain (Melee) </3
Wrecking Crew
Wuhu Island
PictoChat
Windy Hill Zone
Wily Castle
Pac-Maze

I counted 68 stages, which is a lot, especially with some of the bigger ones but I think the Wii U could handle it. This would be good because not only would most of the "big" series' get a similar amount of stages, but there would be representation for games that don't have much in this installment, plus a more-even selection of past stages.

Top Bottom