• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
i love this thread.

i wanna see some people's attempts to make the worst stages ever.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wish we could have actually placed a few Bumpers around or had a bit more control with the moving platforms. There where quite a few BtT stages that had these (or Flippers in Melee).

But ah well, guess I'll just try to be a bit creative with some of the tools we have... ^^;

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wish we could have actually placed a few Bumpers around or had a bit more control with the moving platforms. There where quite a few BtT stages that had these (or Flippers in Melee).

But ah well, guess I'll just try to be a bit creative with some of the tools we have... ^^;
You could make little magma platforms in place of the bumpers.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
are there any unlockable parts in stage builder? like brawl?

like bumpers, water, breakable platforms, falling blocks, or the spinning wheel? I haven't seen people sue them here, so maybe there isnt.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You could make little magma platforms in place of the bumpers.
I suppose that could work, thanks.

like bumpers, water, breakable platforms, falling blocks, or the spinning wheel? I haven't seen people sue them here, so maybe there isnt.
As far as I'm aware, there apparently aren't any unlockable stage builder parts....

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

None at all sadly. Which is why I'm seriously hoping for an expansion for the stage builder. I hope they have it so its possible to update it without making any old stages obsolete.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
They should have allowed us to make Break the Target stages in the stage builder, since they didn't provide us with any.
That is actually a great idea! While it would take a little time for them to make that would be an awesome DLC.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I made a few more! :p I honestly love the new stage builder. Sure it has some shortcomings, but I think it's still loads better than Brawl's.

"Two Battlefields" :laugh:

"Shadow Man Stage" (From Mega Man 3)

Another, epic-looking pic of it:

"Winters" (From Earthbound) I wish you could add water like you can add lava...oh well.

"Shiganshina" (From Attack on Titan)

"Crateria" (From Metroid, stage design from Super Smash Flash 2)

Reference Picture:

"Murasame Castle" (From The Mysterious Murasame Castle)

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
None at all sadly. Which is why I'm seriously hoping for an expansion for the stage builder. I hope they have it so its possible to update it without making any old stages obsolete.
Yeah it's a shame... As expansive as the new stage builder mode is, I wish there was more. Like if:
  • we got to choose the exact paths of moving platforms
  • we had all of the crap that I mentioned before (also ice)
  • scenery items (like in Brawl -- that tunnel thing was sick)
there's so much. i want the ferris-wheel thing because I believe it has the potential to be in a legal stage.
"Two Battlefields" :laugh:
this is gonna kill me. i love it!

Last edited:

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I was just wondering what others think but, would y'all be willing to buy DLC if they added more things to the stage builder? (land design, backgrounds, objects)

Last edited:

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
Warning! Bad Image Quality below!

Here is Lugia's back! The computers often get caught but oh well. The lines are there to make it seem like you are moving. (music: Pokémon Stadium 2)

Threed from EarthBound! Notice the big tent has springs to emphasize it's... bounciness? Also there is a flag on the top but it was cut out.

A made-up stage called 'Mite Temple Port'. It is supposed to be a subspace emissary port town for the Mites, in the sky. The under area is like the terminal or something and the lifts are elevators. The cannon (use your imagination) shoots things at intruders. And the Subspace symbol on the right is the 'ship'.

I might post my others later if people want to see, but I don't want to post too many at once. (BTW they are Mt. Chimney from Pokémon, Eryth Sea from Xenoblade Chronicles, and another made-up place)

Ivander

Smash Legend
So for my first post as a new member, I have stages to show.

??? or T.A.C. Planet from Kirby Super Star.

This was my first stage and my beginning for learning how to do the Stage Builder. Despite how simple it looks, it took a while to do while I was still learning. Needless to say, most KOs happen on the side considering how much damage you can take before hitting the top Blast Zone. Also, only one of the edges can be grabbed.

Horo Temple from Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

My second stage based on the first stage from the first SNES Ganbare Goemon or Legend of the Mystical Ninja. All the platforms can be passed through besides the bottom floor, just like the game allowed you to. The lava is where the bamboo was in the original game, in which the bamboo would hurt you if you touched it. So you gotta be careful when passing through the platforms and hope you don't land on the lava. The top piece is the roof of the shrine where the bell is in the original game. This map was where I learned that creating the big land pieces in one big go is alot less weight than if you had created a big land mass in separate pieces.

World 1 Airship from Super Mario Bros. 3.

Due to wanting to capture the separate wood pieces, I ended up getting too much weight to add any more wood pieces to represent where the non-floor cannons are. At the same time, it's somewhat smaller than the original.

Area 1 Exterior from Bionic Commando.

Area 1 from Bionic Commando. When I was looking for areas to recreate in Stage Builder, ended up finding this stage and I thought it'd be an interesting one to make. The white block in the middle can be grappled like in the original game, but only from the right.

Afterwards, made Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, Planet Zebes, Saffron City and Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64. Anyway, just did some more stages today, with 4 Kirby stages and 1 Megaman stage.

Vegetable Valley from Kirby's Adventure.

Ice Cream Island from the same game.

After doing this stage, I sincerely hope they add water in a future update. I could've added lava where the water was, but it wouldn't have looked right at all. I might put a spring in the middle left hole though, since it's easy to get corner combos in it.

Butter Building from the same game.

This is one where I had to really widen due to the original map being very thin. Also, it got very crowded as I got closer to the top. That said, it's also the first stage where I added a couple extras to help get around this map, with a large spring and 2 small platforms.

Cut Man Stage from Mega Man.

My only "Small" stage. This is the start of the Cut Man stage. The original map had ladders, but the ladders aren't in anymore. So similarly, I hope a future update will have ladders.

Dynablade Stage 1 from Kirby Super Star.

This is from a part of the first Dynablade stage, specifically near the area where you get the Crash ability and can use it on all of the creatures in the holes(represented by blocks). As you can see though, the big hole in the right side is gone on this recreation of the map.

Was hoping to post references, but I need a couple posts before showing them appearently. Still, Hope you enjoy these. I still have ideas though and will most likely post more later. Also, I'll need somebody to show me how to spoiler if the post is too big.

Last edited:

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet

Stage name: Lava Pit
Music: Tough Guy Alert!
This was my first stage, It's very chaotic and fun.

Stage name: Runner-1
Music: Rooftop Run
This stage came from putting random ideas together and somehow it work into a fun stage.

Stage name: TOUCH THE STARS!!
Music: Reach for the stars.
I was enjoying the song "Reach for the Stars" from Sonic Colors and was inspired to make this, two cannons that blast you up in the air on to some platforms. I really like this stage.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Here's my custom stages so far:
Sky Sanctuary (Angel Island)

Based on the iconic stage from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Some may remember my concept image from another thread:

I made some tweaks due to certain constraints; the tunnels in the ruins are no longer there, nor is the area on the far right. There are more gray pillars added in, and there are cannons that lead into magma (a common theme you'll be seeing).

Fluffy Box (Trophy Rush)

Just a random, crazy stage I came up with. The only ways to die are through the top magma tunnel and via the cannon on the right. The left cannon and spring on the right both lead into the death cannon, while the top cannon is intended to shoot you back in after respawning. The large moving platform moves from the bottom up into the top magma tunnel. Interestingly enough, I accidentally made the stage resemble one of Kirby's Stone transformations.

Moon Colony (Corneria from Brawl)

This stage takes place on the moon (big surprise), with technology-themed platforms and lava dotting the landscape. There is a large moving platform moving left and right across the lava (you can see it barely coming through on the right), and there is a cannon in the spacecraft-looking platform that shoots you into it. Both cannons on the left lead into insta-death, and there's a smiley face I made with lava for some reason.

Lava Pool (Nemesis Ridley))

The main part of this stage is a rock in the middle of a lava lake. There is a bit of lava on the rock itself, which flows through the middle into the lake below. Not all the edges are grabbable, but the lava can bounce you up to the main platform, as well as renewing your double jump and recovery move. Learning how to take advantage of the unusual structure is key to dominating in this stage.

Kirby (Green Greens Ver. 2)

Yes, I made Kirby as a stage. The cannons on either side launch you into the lava floating above, but you can avoid it with a well timed double jump. The ledges aren't grabbable, but there is a moving platform that migrates between his armpits (don't ask). Besides that, um... it's Kirby. What else can I say, really?

Green Hill Zone (Green Hill Zone)

One of the few "tourney legal" stages, and it's no surprise that it's partially inspired by Project M. The checkerboard takes up a lot of weight, so I couldn't do too much with this. Still, it's a nice little fighting stage. The moving platform moves left and right, similarly to the "swing" in Project M. Unlike PM, however, the underside is a Battlefield-esque design, rather than going all the way down to the lower blast line.

City Escape (Escape From the City)

In case you couldn't tell by now, I am a huge Sonic fan, and with so much great Sonic music, I had to make stages for at least some of the songs (read: most of them). City Escape is a very vertical stage, with cannons and springs bouncing you between the rooftops, awnings, and balconies. There is a park on the right hand side, and the truck serves as a unique terrain shape.

dleifelttaB (Battlefield)

Upside-down Battlefield. This stage takes one of the most basic, "normal" stages in Smash and literally flips it on its head, making an absolutely crazy stage. At least two fighters always spawn on the bottom platforms, and it can be tough to get back up again. The edges aren't grabbable either, but the platforms can help with recovery. The uneven terrain can also help make battles more interesting.

noitanitseD laniF (Final Destination Ver. 2)

Yes, I made upside-down Final Destination too. Its size is closer to Battlefield though, so it pretty much equates to dleifelttaB without the platforms, and with a bit of a terrain change. The ledges still aren't grabbable though, so recovering is very tricky. The two textures are meant to reflect Smash 4's FD, with the red and blue halves. These two stages are definitely some of the more challenging stages to fight on, even though their original forms are very basic.

Rainbow Road 8 (Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 8)

This stage is based on Mario Kart 8's version of Rainbow Road, but with even less rainbow! This stage is basically Gaur Plains x2 with more hazards, added slopes, and fewer pass-through platforms. The ramps have springs that can help fighters reach the other road segments, and the sole cannon can aid recovery. The asteroid has hazardous magma, so characters with spikes can launch opponents down for some extra damage. However, it can also knock you back into the cannon if you get it just right!

Lava Box (Trophy Rush)

The obligatory "death box" stage. The cannon out doesn't always work, nor does the in cannon for respawning players. There are definitely some bugs to iron out. :p The spring also wants you dead, since, like in Fluffy Box, it launches you into the death cannon, or death cannons, rather, since there is a chain of cannons that launches you offscreen like a sick, twisted Rube Goldberg Machine.

Mushroom Gorge (Mushroom Gorge)

Based on the memorable track from Mario Kart Wii's Mushroom Cup, Mushroom Gorge makes for an interesting Smash stage. The fighting area is inside a valley, with mushrooms, stone platforms, and more in between. Only the main left and right ledges, as well as the middle mushroom, have grabbable ledges, so recovery can be hazardous in some areas! The left mushroom has a spring to assist fighters in getting up to the middle mushroom, and there is a moving platform that moves between the two big ledges.

Mario Kart Stadium (Mario Kart Stadium)

Another Mario Kart 8-inspired stage, this one takes place inside the massive Mario Kart Stadium from the Mushroom Cup. This stage is similar to Rainbow Road in some aspects, but has some differences. For example, there is no lower blast line, and the bleachers for the audience on the left also serve as a fighting ground. The area where the track crosses over is also represented in the form of a sort of "U" shaped solid platform, and a large spring can launch fighters up to the top area.

Lava Dream Land (Gourmet Race)

Sadly, the original Dream Land from SSB64 doesn't make a return in Smash Wii U. However, there is a rock remix of the Gourmet Land song used on that stage, which inspired me to make a Dream Land stage that is equally as hardcore. Lava Dream Land uses the same basic platform layout, with the added feature of lava replacing the lower blast line. There is also lava on the main platform's underside, and there is a possibility of bouncing between the two lava vats.

Rooftop Run (Rooftop Run)

Yet another Sonic stage, Rooftop Run (also known as Spagonia) is a location from Sonic Unleashed where you run on, well, rooftops a lot. This stage places emphasis on the rooftops, having them be the main fighting area. There are some platforms on the left, as well as a spring, to help fighters reach the top of the tallest roof (meant to represent the iconic clock tower from the original game). Additionally, the small area between the middle and right-hand rooftops can serve as a "cave of life," similarly to the bottom-left area of Temple.

Airship (Airship Theme from SMB3)

Based on the airship stages that originated in Super Mario Bros. 3, this stage takes place on a vessel of Bowser's large fleet. The cannon on the front of the ship doesn't send fighters far enough for an instant death, but it does make recovery difficult because of how far it does shoot. The mast must be crossed over by fighters to reach the other side of the ship, and there are Clown Car-esque platforms below, which make for a dangerous fighting area.

Great Tower of Bowser Land (The Great Tower Showdown 2)

Another one of Bowser's fortresses, this stage takes inspiration from Super Mario 3D World's final boss, specifically the grand finale, where Meowser is on top of a POW Block, which the player(s) must hit several times to deliver the final blow. The fighting area is on top of that tower, where the POW Block is. The block serves as a hazard, since the letters are made of lava. The top and bottom are safe though, and can serve as a platform and a cave of life respectively. There are also springs on either side to represent the climbing of the tower in 3D World.

Eggs (Yoshi's Island)

This stage, while it may seem pretty chaotic at first, is a relatively simple stage, with the main features being the aesthetic, the bumps, the underside's shape, and the pass-through platforms between the eggs. Wall-jumping characters have a bit of an edge on this stage, since they can recover by wall-jumping between the eggs and onto the pass-through platforms above.

Tetris (Tetris Type A)

Finally, we have a Tetris stage. This stage is also relatively simple in shape, with walls on either side, some uneven, blocky ground, and a platform above the main terrain. This was a bit tough to make, due to having to make sure no blocks touched another of the same color, as well as aligning them all to be the same thickness. Nonetheless, I like how it turned out, and it's definitely a unique stage.
EDIT: Part two! :D

Last edited:

Tasokun

Smash Cadet
Anyone try making actual mini-games yet? If not, give it a try! While we don't have as much freedom as say, Halo's forge and its game mode creator, we can still attempt to create new modes to bring to the table of Smash.

I present to everyone, Kirby Soccer;

Both of the players are on the red team (to prevent collisions), with one wearing a red costume and the other wearing a blue costume. Their objective is to hit the black and white Soccer-Kirby into the opposing goal. The player with the most goals at the end is, obviously, the winner.

Besides this, I also finished a space station last night, named Orbital Rift:

I wanted to create at least two small space ships inside the hangars, while also adding a second spring to the right hand side of the field (near the asteroid). However, I had ran out of space. Curses! So I had to end this stage off as just being half-way finished. It will probably never be finished either. ):

eldavo2090

Smash Rookie
NNID
eldavo2510
3DS FC
0791-3398-6999
Want to share!

Bowser's Castle

Based on the iconic battle...

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
I suppose it's my turn to show everyone some stages. :)

Title: Majora's Mask
Music: Yuga Battle
Map size: Large

Notes: If you remake this stage, I recommend lifting the stage up about 5-8 higher than I have it now, because death vertically won't happen till about 150-160, as is. Maybe making it on the medium size editor will work too? o.O I added the large moving platform above to give more space for fighting, and to make vertical kills easier.

Title: Retro Firemen
Music: Namco Arcade '80s Retro Medley 1
Map size: Small

Title: Tetris Attack!
Music: Tetris: Type A
Size: Large

Title: Bowser's Ruin
Music: Bowser's Galaxy Generator
Size: Large

I have a ton of other stages too, but these are my best, that are not remakes of previous Smash stages...

Whatcha all think? :)

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Not my idea, but I just had to share this here, as I think it's one of the more original stages I've seen.
Also, amazing job, you guys! Wish I had your stage-building skills.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I've made a ton of stages. Here's a few blueprints, with the grid turned on:

Bold = personal favorites (Zebes, Pirate Ship, Pac-Maze)

N64:
Yoshi's Story

Planet Zebes

Mushroom Kingdom (Note: There are thin walls and a drop through platform surrounding the "pipes" to make them function as close to the original as possible.)

NEW (Debug Stage 2)

Melee:
Fountain of Dreams

Mushroom Kingdom II (Note: I've edited this stage since I took this. The sides of the stage are closer to the middle platform now than shown here.)

TEST ("Coffee shop" debug stage, or at least what I could scale down/crop to fit of it.)

Brawl:
Pirate Ship

Shadow Moses Island (Note: I've edited this stage, and the gaps between layers are now 8 blocks each instead of 6. The magma is only to prevent camping and accidental trapping.)

All-Star Rest Area

Sample S: Hole

Sample M: Bath

Sample L: Maze

Project M:
Norfair (3.1)

Rumble Falls:

Pokémon Stadium M (Note: Look closely to see where the materials separate. I try to get aesthetics as much as I can.)

Distant Planet:

WarioWare, Inc.:

Practice Room (Note: I should probably tweak the height... But where the patterns lay in relation to the platform are important. Function was more important than design here.)

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS:
Balloon Fight:

Pac-Maze:

Golden Plains (Note: Cropped, but size is accurate.)

Magicant:

Super Smash Flash 2:
Tower of Salvation (Lloyd's stage):

Planet Namek (Goku's stage):

Lunar Core (Alt. stage for Black Mage):

Sky Sanctuary Zone (Alt. stage for Sonic and Tails):

Twilight Town (Sora's stage):

Super Smash Bros. Crusade:
Cut Man's Arena:

Q*Bert

Misc.:
Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Haldera Volcano

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale:
Columbia (no walls):

Super Smash Flash 1:
Temple:

Last edited:

Primid

Smash Apprentice
I really like the stage builder feature so..Have some stages!

Super Bell Hill (From Super Mario 3D World)

Based off this exact area from the level.

Lethal Lava Land (From Super Mario 64)

Perplexing Pool (From Pikmin 2)

Twilight River (From Pikmin 3)

Excite Bike Arena (From ExciteBike)

Rapture (From Bioshock)

Emporia (From Bioshock Infinite)

Starling City (From the TV show Arrow)

The Foundry (From the TV show Arrow)

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I need to work on my creativity a bit. I had some fun with Brawl's stage creator, and made some decently fun stages, but I haven't messed around with this one much yet. So far I've ripped off the Tetris idea from other people, and made my own version of Fountain of Dreams, which is essentially the same layout as the Melee stage with moving platforms that sink all the way into the floor of the stage, and I just added a large moving platform underneath the stage that moves back and forth. Nothing too crazy.

I love the Two Battlefields idea. I may steal that and make it so the platforms move back and forth between the two main platforms.

Tophick

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tophick
3DS FC
3411-1419-6075
Just wanted to say stage builder isn't as bad as many people in the community are bringing it out to be, though granted, it certainly could have benefited from many more parts and backgrounds. Regardless, there's plenty to do and make with the current freehand tools at our disposal.

My own stage; Sky Port

I would love to hear some more ideas being thrown around, perhaps I could take some pointers as inspiration for a new map. My own tip for any other custom enthusiasts out there are Trees, they're pretty easy to make despite seeming impossible at first, anyone's free to use my own template shown above. If someone out there would make a forest stage, I'd be overjoyed. Brawl had plenty of neat stages available for download online, and I'd love for that trend to continue. I know there's plenty of creative minds throughout this forum, and I'm sure a couple of you could forge an amazing stage.
Pretty dope. I made one like your Skyport. I'll show you if you want

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558

One I just made yesterday! Super fun in 4 free for all Giant smash! :D Everyone basically meets at the tippy top and dukes it out! If your gonna make ths make sure to put a grab edge in the middle of the tall 'building' so fighters can reach the top!^^

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558

I call this one''Super lava Death Pit!'' I made this one back in brawl and my friends and me always had a blast fighting here!
So basically everyone starts on their tiny* spawn points (top left) and meets on the middle lava-lined spires in the middle of the stage ,and try to meteor smash eachother into the lava crevasse!
Theres a bottom to the lava pit ,so your stuck in there until it shoots you up at around %90% where youll have to fight jerks waiting on the chill top XD So many memories.<3 There are also 'bald' patches in the lava walls for that ONE CHANCE you have, to wall-jump your way out of hell! XD Bwahahahah!

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Vulcan Arena:
I found something on youtube called "smashketball" and I loved the idea so I built a custom stage for it. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Smasketball: While you are fighting you are trying to knock the opponents into the barrels, which is a guaranteed KO. The original smashketball stage was a pretty basic FD like stage so I wanted to expand the idea and make something very unique and fun. There are barrels all around the stage that launch you to different parts of the stage and you can use them to attack also. This can be used to move around the stage quickly and avoid pressure or possibly getting KO'd. I built this stage to resemble battlefield and made it large enough for 2v2 or free for all.

If anyone wants to try out this stage feel free to add me. This stage is super fun!

1: The first barrel shoots you across the top and middle platforms and ends right at the ledge on the opposite side of the stage.

2. The second barrel shoots you across the middle platform and ends on ledge of the stage.

3. The third barrel shoots directly down to the top platform.

4. The fourth barrel under the floor shoots through the middle of the stage to the opposite side. The lava does not damage you while using the barrels, it's mainly there to prevent players from dropping under the stage to camp.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

It's Renamon's face. I worked a compromise between aestetic and playbility. It's pretty easy to slip inside between the ears but impossible to come out the same way.

Top Bottom