• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

SilverhandX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverhandX
I think it's pretty stupid that Bowser still doesn't have a dedicated stage at this point, so I made one. This stage focuses playing to Bowser's strengths in gameplay while remaining a competitively viable stage in my opinion.

Name: Bowser's Castle
Size: Medium
Song: Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
[spoilers]
hi first time poster, long time smash fan. just wanted to share some stages I made, let me know what you guys think!

I am honestly having more fun creating stages then actually playing the game (as amazing as the game is) and would love to see what others have created. I know it's been stated in future updates that stage sharing will be available, so lets see what our best have come up.

here is what I have so far

Stage name: tetris
music: Tetris type A

stage name: wind fish egg
music: Tal Tal heights

stage name: Air fortress
music: air ship theme

stage name: N64 peaches castle remake
music: princess peach's castle

stage name: SMB 3 final battle
music: fortress boss

stage name: N64 star fox remake
music: corneria

stage name: master sword
music: midna's lament

stage name: air fortress 2
music: airship

stage name: simon belmont
music: power-hungry fool

stage name: zelda 2 title
music: main theme/underworld them

stage name: gyromite
music: stackup/gyromite

stage name: link vs stalfos
music: gerudo valley

stage name: green hill zone
music: green hill zone

stage name: green hill zone boss
music: angel island

stage name: SMB 3 fun
music: SMB 3 medley

stage name: eternal sleep
music: midna's lament

I actually created two of these stages as I can't choose which one is better, here is the other

[/spoilers]
How long did it take you to make the 8-bit link?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
[spoilers] [/spoilers]
How long did it take you to make the 8-bit link?
Around 5 minutes:

But be aware: The guy does some mistakes in the beginning... don't draw exactly what he's drawing till you're sure it's correct.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Awesome thread! Going to go through all of these. I wish I was creative enough... but sadly, all of my attempted create-a-stage turns into a half-a** battlefield. =(

Primid

Smash Apprentice
I have some new stages to share!

Chozo Ruins (From Metroid Prime)

What!? A Metroid stage without lava? What is this blasphemy?

Space Pirate Lab (From Metroid Prime)

I think this stage turned out looking pretty good. It features some cool little computer monitors, some broken platforms, a Metroid in a tank, and a little room to the right that characters can roll into (it's supposed to be similar to how Samus uses the morph ball to go through small areas...)

Samus inside the little battle room. (You can roll in and out as you please).

Magmoor Caverns (From Metroid Prime)

A somewhat large battlescape with moving platforms and metal walkways and such. And lava.. It wouldn't be Magmoor Caverns without some lava.

Jigsaw Fortress (From Pikmin 3)

Another stage based on one of Pikmin 3's bingo battle arenas. This one is made out of children's building blocks.

For reference:

Didgeridoo Desert (From Rayman Origins)

This stage is based of a level in Rayman Origins (look up "Desert of Didgeridoos" if interested). It is composed of various musical instruments like two woodwind flutes, a drum, part of a keyboard, and some parts of clarinets.

You can actually bounce on the drums and flutes if you like; you just have to tap down to use them.

That's all for now! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Palutena's Temple M. That stage as a whole may be a trainwreck, but I liked the upper-right portion, which this is a near-exact recreation of.

[collapse="Break the Targets!"]

:icsmelee:

:ganondorfmelee:

:fox64:

[/collapse]

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I have some new stages to share!

Chozo Ruins (From Metroid Prime)

What!? A Metroid stage without lava? What is this blasphemy?

Space Pirate Lab (From Metroid Prime)

I think this stage turned out looking pretty good. It features some cool little computer monitors, some broken platforms, a Metroid in a tank, and a little room to the right that characters can roll into (it's supposed to be similar to how Samus uses the morph ball to go through small areas...)

Samus inside the little battle room. (You can roll in and out as you please).

Magmoor Caverns (From Metroid Prime)

A somewhat large battlescape with moving platforms and metal walkways and such. And lava.. It wouldn't be Magmoor Caverns without some lava.

Jigsaw Fortress (From Pikmin 3)

Another stage based on one of Pikmin 3's bingo battle arenas. This one is made out of children's building blocks.

For reference:

Didgeridoo Desert (From Rayman Origins)

This stage is based of a level in Rayman Origins (look up "Desert of Didgeridoos" if interested). It is composed of various musical instruments like two woodwind flutes, a drum, part of a keyboard, and some parts of clarinets.

You can actually bounce on the drums and flutes if you like; you just have to tap down to use them.

That's all for now! Thanks for looking!
I was looking for a metroid level without lava! I'm recreating Chozo Ruins after my Wii U is done charging!

ICXCM

Smash Cadet

First go at a stage that plays decent with bits of different yet symmetrical areas.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
Ah, so many neat ideas I'll have to rip off!

Here are some of my own favorites, some made to screw with my friends and others for sheer chaos.

Troll
Big Blue (Melee)

I made this stage after a few of my friends made their own stages to screw with me online. This was my response to their shenanigans. I will always spawn outside the lava walls as long as I'm the one hosting the room, though it has backfired a few times.

Level 1
Pokémon Gold Battle Theme (Melee)

This one is a huge favorite of mine. I had made this back in Brawl's stage creator, so naturally, I brought it over for some Wii U fun. I am bummed that the ice blocks were remove from the options - the top platform used to be ice to prevent camping and cause slipping into the center stage.

Level 2
Ending (Metroid)

This was the first stage I made on the Wii U version. I can play matches here for hours.

Bonus: There are three cannons hidden under the stage and out of the camera's view that will shoot you under and over to the top platform. This can save your butt after hitting the lava on the side, if you're lucky.

Level 3
Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

My friends hate this stage, but it's mad fun.

Mushroom Kingdom
Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)

An attempted remake of the N64's Mushroom Kingdom. I measured the stages' length by rolling with Mario. The proportions are still off, but it works well enough.

Towers
Dillon's Rolling Western

There are large springs blocking the bottom blast zone between the towers, so the only reliable way to KO is over the top, or aiming players into walk-off platforms. Lots of bouncing on this stage.

Pinball
Wild Pokémon Battle! (Ruby / Sapphire)

Another Brawl stage of mine. Lots of bouncing occurs here, hence the stage name.

Charizard
Pokémon Gym / Evolution

Well then...

Being a Charizard main, it was only necessary.

Yoshi
Ending (Yoshi's Story)

And why stop at Charizard!?

Nom
Metro-Cross Retro Medley

Yet another stage I made for the sake of making! Its awkward shape doesn't make it any less fun to play on.

Cavern
Vs. Ridley

This is a stage I am very proud of. All of my friends enjoy playing here and will choose it when we want a dose of crazy.

Launch Station
Dream Chaser

Another big favorite in my group. The lava blocks on the left will always throw you into the bottom cannon if you miss a tech. There's always at least one person who intentionally goes into the bottom cannon out of curiosity, without fail!

The Best
Duck Hunt Medley

Literally The Best. Good luck winning here. Everyone loses. Always.

lol
PAC-MAN'S PARK / BLOCK TOWN

I threw this stage together in a minute flat. I was happy with my speed because I had a meal on the line. As for the stage itself? Well... it's surprisingly enjoyable.

-----

Hope you guys like what you see!

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
My nicest stage is... a tree branch. I don't have any pictures, but it's fun to play on at least. :p

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Since Custom Stage sharing is going to be a thing soon, would any one be interested in having a friendly stage builder competitions?

We would have a theme that each creator builds their stage around and then they'll send their stages to some sort of judge. At the end of the competition the judge would evaluate all the stages to decide the winner and runner-up. I think it would be fun!

Last edited:

Rifick

Smash Cadet
Hello all. Just finished working on another one. It's been one of my tougher projects. Had me stumped for quite a while.. In a good way though. I really enjoyed making it. Hope you guys enjoy it too.

heylodom

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm back with another Golden Sun themed stage lol. I made the Lemurian Ship from Golden Sun The Lost Age. Check it out in action.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
alright so the custom stage sharing is in now. I'm gonna steal a bunch of people's stages now.

Rifick

Smash Cadet
Tip for anyone looking to download or specific users, go into Miiverse and follow the user.
Pretty sure stages show up on their news feed.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
When I mentioned I made Corneria a while back, some people said they wanted it when the share feature was available, so here it is. I tried to make it as close to pixel-perfect as possible. As an added bonus, no arwings!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjoXIJwcg

I know this stage isn't competitively viable, but it somehow just didn't feel right not having it there.

Geno9999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Geno9999
I don't quite get how the stage layout is related to FNAF. The left side vaguely reminds me of the security room in the first game, but it's kind of a stretch.
That's because it's based off of the map from FN@F 2 (though as you can see from the stage preview, I misplaced the "Marionette cannon," it's in the Kid's Cove area instead of the Prize Corner.) I only just recently noticed that Miiverse doesn't display the stage names, but it's called Freddy's Pizza 2. Originally the vents was going to be a set of cannons like the Marionette, though working with the size, it got really cramped, so I just scrapped it in favor of being little tunnels.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
That's because it's based off of the map from FN@F 2 (though as you can see from the stage preview, I misplaced the "Marionette cannon," it's in the Kid's Cove area instead of the Prize Corner.) I only just recently noticed that Miiverse doesn't display the stage names, but it's called Freddy's Pizza 2. Originally the vents was going to be a set of cannons like the Marionette, though working with the size, it got really cramped, so I just scrapped it in favor of being little tunnels.
I see. Good to know.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hey guys I'm back with another Golden Sun themed stage lol. I made the Lemurian Ship from Golden Sun The Lost Age. Check it out in action.

Could you post it to Miiverse? The stage sharing feature isn't all that good, you can't find something if it's too old.

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
The thing is that i have really cool ideas but i literally suck ass at drawing so i can't make them the way i wanted to in my head..

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
G'day all. I haven't posted in a while, but I've been working on a couple of new stages since last time, including building at least one home stage for my Blackbeard, the Stig and 'Stumpy' Mii fighters and a second Myst stage; Stoneship. The design is proving difficult to work with but I'm sticking to it.

With stage sharing active now I've posted the following stages and will post my Keen and Steve? Mii fighters later on today;
Walk the Plank
Bent Battlefield
Blooglab SS
MC Overworld
For a more in-depth description of the stages here are the links to them in this thread and other stages planned for later release.

As well as Stoneship and the other new planned stages I plan to make more experiments with the Battlefield and Final Destination stages, one such stage planned is called 'Half-Pipefield', taking the original idea of Bent Battlefield to a new extreme.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
I have a few stage builder creations
These are recreations of stages from Sonic Adventure 2
Stage 1: Cosmic Wall
Music: Live and Learn

rough recreation of the multiplayer version
Stage 2: City Escape
Music: Escape from the City

its still a WIP but i need some more ideas
Stage 3: Metal Harbor

again, still a WIP, but should be done soon
Stage 4: Wild Canyon

Pretty rough design. Also there are some statue like heads hanging out of the blastlines
Stage 5: Final Rush

The thin platforms represent rails, it would work better with the large size
what do you think?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I have a few stage builder creations
These are recreations of stages from Sonic Adventure 2
Stage 1: Cosmic Wall

rough recreation of the multiplayer version
Stage 2: City Escape
Music: Escape from the City

its still a WIP but i need some more ideas
Stage 3: Metal Harbor

again, still a WIP, but should be done soon
Stage 4: Wild Canyon

Pretty rough design. Also there are some statue like heads hanging out of the blastlines
Stage 5: Final Rush

The thin platforms represent rails, it would work better with the large size
what do you think?
Nicely done; I would have never thought to use the battle mode for inspiration on Cosmic Wall.

For City Escape, cars tend to get flipped over a lot, so perhaps you can put one in the air at an awkward angle or upside down to simulate it being flipped for the sake of having a platform?

Apart from that, I'd say nicely done on the rails in Final Rush

Top Bottom