• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Analysis & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill , here is my thread for Mario Circuit. http://smashboards.com/threads/lets-talk-about-mario-circuit.400176/

Also, I think you should re-organize the stages in order, similar to what I have done above. The way you've structured it is rather cluttered, and an emphasis needs to be placed on discussing the controversial stages, not ones that are clearly legal or clearly illegal.
It's not really my job to force discussion one way or another, it's to let people know how to leatn about each stage and point people that way if they'd like it. It's basically this thread 2.0

If you want something to JUST be talking about if each stage should be legal, I spose if you make a try making a thread for every single stage and I'll link it, or make something outside of that itself. All I wanted to do was have this thread with actual info in the OP and staying updated/being fresh.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Look, I'm not totally invested in to defending my position just because someone comes in late. Read back all the way to my original post. I'm perfectly aware of where the burden of proof lies regarding stage legality. My problem is that I'm being told that my theoretical argument, which I made no effort in masquerading as fact, is factually wrong with no supporting evidence to the contrary. The argument that Wuhu has not 'proven to be a problem' is ridiculous because Wuhu has very little exposure for us to draw a conclusion either way, which as you can clearly see is not the shared opinion of my opposition. If I put in an effort to construct an argument, I expect a proper rebuttal.
While I appreciate you wanting discussions to end with a result that can be referenced, I find it pretty awful of you to come in and start a ****storm in this thread and then start complaining about how the thread isn't working. I understand where you're coming from, BPC and I rarely agree on issues during discussion, but you're not exactly being proper in your approach if you call him names for not agreeing with you

The thing is, you don't understand how finding proof works, I'm sorry to say. Either that or you're purposely Moving the Goalposts, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. Let me explain why what you're requesting of the other side is both too much to ask and meaningless.

• In order to absolutely prove a stage IS problematic as you claim, with theorycraft or other means, all you need is a single video of a problematic match on it. If the glitch/exploit/problem is reproducible and you have proof of your claim of the problem. Whether or not the stage should be banned due to it would be then up for discussion. Simple enough.
  • Conversely, in order to absolutely prove a stage IS NOT problematic you instead need to provide video of every single tournament match played on that stage. Every single one. That's what it takes to prove a stage is never a problem. Because if people who support the stage provides a video of a proper match on the stage, heck if they provide 50 videos of gameplay on a stage, that's not enough to show that the problems you claim aren't there. Only if you had video of every match could you logically conclude that these problems never happen.

And this is why no one has bothered providing videos of matches going well on Wuhu because you are always in the position to say the provided videos are not proof enough. Instead you should be asking others if they have any videos of something that supports your theory, or work towards finding such a video yourself. But since you're asking for something not attainable by the other side of the argument, no one's going to take your requests seriously no matter how much effort you put into your argument.

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's not really my job to force discussion one way or another, it's to let people know how to leatn about each stage and point people that way if they'd like it. It's basically this thread 2.0

If you want something to JUST be talking about if each stage should be legal, I spose if you make a try making a thread for every single stage and I'll link it, or make something outside of that itself. All I wanted to do was have this thread with actual info in the OP and staying updated/being fresh.
Well...in order to have quality information we could use for discussion, we do need individual threads for the controversial stages. That was sort of the whole idea why I brought this up. Kind of not doing that defeats the purpose of you making a new thread if this isn't accomplished. Having a new thread for general discussion is good, but we need dedicated spaces for individual stages, and making it easy to to refer I think is important.

I'm just saying that your opening post is a little disorganized, that's all.

@ The_Jiggernaut The_Jiggernaut You're honestly being a hypocrite. You're telling me not to banter with BPC, without understanding the reasons for our disagreement, while creating drama with me when I'm not even talking to you. Do me a favor and drop the topic unless I specifically address you going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom