• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Hey~ I'm from Austin, TX but chances are I'll be moving up to the St. Louis area for a few months during the beginning of next year, some place that begins with a 'F' I think..whatever.

What's the Brawl scene like up there?
Those who don't play Brawl a lot don't really mind playing it, and people who are good at Brawl here are really good.
I am gonna' host bi weeklies starting next year, get in contact with me if you want some more information.

Legan

Smash Lord
I had two top notch silver ones that I found at Gamestop, then they went missing.
I was sad.
Legan, if we get to play again in the near future, I want a Link ditto really bad.
OkeeeeyDokeeee

Legan, nearly all of Ninjalinks videos are like, the only entertaining brawl videos out there.
youtube this crazy kid named Legan, I heard hes fun to watch

Hey~ I'm from Austin, TX but chances are I'll be moving up to the St. Louis area for a few months during the beginning of next year, some place that begins with a 'F' I think..whatever.

What's the Brawl scene like up there?
Weve got amazing Melee players and pretty good brawl players. I think youll have a good time, mayb not quite the competition you had in texas though.

darkatma

Smash Hero
You went through 4 since they came out? I've had mine for about 3 months and it's still practically new.

I feel bad for you, along with others, who go through controllers like crazy. With the discontinuation of GCN controllers, you guys are going to struggle D:
oh no it's not that
I bought 6 but 3 of them I was buying for some norcal smashers and 1 was a gift to my best friend as a parting gift (he has a better peach than me, I'll admit it :p)
1 is at home with my younger brother, and 1 is here. I still have my controller from 7 years ago with me, and it still works perfectly.

darkatma

Smash Hero
ugh socal smash sucks everyone here lives with their parents and cant host anything past like 10pm or if they do everyone has to be at the place before then....and all the tournaments listed are like 99% brawl only -_- i miss st louis :(
Loll that suckss
I only know the norcal scene, and norcal has a really good smash scene :p I usually go t my friend's houses at 8 to 9 ish and end up staying till 3 lolll

Tell socal to step it up

also, have you met zhu yet?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
asc quit spamming our thread. we get it, you have a tournament

on another note, i am curious to how old everyone is now. Also I have not met many of the new people

I am 20 btw

Nuris

Smash Lord
Deku,
I'm 20, too. We met once briefly, you probably don't remember. I was "New Reese" at the Game Crazy tourney right before Brawl came out. We played first round and I think I got 4-stocked twice. I cried myself to sleep for 3 weeks after that.

That was my first tournament, but you would probably still 4-stock me in Melee and in Brawl (srrsly) . I might return the favor in 64, but that's a dumb game that no one plays anymore.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Jiggs, then Captain Falcon. You ***** my Jiggs with Fox (shinespike wtf?) even though we rolled Dreamland. Then you chose Marth for Final D. I got you to like 80% and was winning in the beginning, but you managed to shake it off and 3 or 4 stock me.

BTW these people on this thread here are like the coolest people in the world for answering srrs questions so srrsly. I'm glad we're all so srrs, srrsly.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
well now that we're posting things that don't make any sense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLWF9BZr_o

Also ice climbers pivot ice block desync is waay too easy

oh my god that is so ****ed up, lmfao.

A reminder: no smash at my place tomorrow night, sorry. :( I know, I'm going to go through withBrawl. SEE WHUT I DID THUR?

Anyway I'm seeing 36 Crazyfists at the Pageant. If anyone wants to join in on that, let me know and we can carpool or something.

See you guys next week.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
People from STL are pretty cool, haha.
You should see Corey all wired up on energy drinks playing Melee.
You thought he was good now, my god when he's drank about 2 or so energy drinks, he rolls out **** I've never seen before!
You gotta' do RL mindgames to win.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
GENO!

I was packing up my games, and you tosser, you gave me back the wrong Melee disc!

Mine was a version "00", and the piece of crap you gave me back was a "06" in a "best seller" case! FYI, I have the original case too, so all you should have is the disc.

With no other game would I give a flip, but I want my black hole glitch back, you ****er!!!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A60AjGrwEyo
one of the most amazing team combos in history is in that video.

it's something like
fox[grab] falcon[nair] fox[jab] falcon[grab-downthrow] fox[upsmash] falcon[grab-backthrow] fox[shine] fox[upsmash] falcon[knee]
I never nerdgasmed over a video in my life. Probably not only the most amazing team combo at the end, but my favorite moment in smash history XD

Top Bottom