• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I kind of want to join in >_>. Don't know what I'm doing with rauleen sunday though we'll see :).

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Why is everybody scared to get to know me :(
I'm a pretty cool guy as far as I can tell, and I'm funny enough to not do the obvious and say that i doesn't afraid of anything

some of you *******s have my number. USE IT. I'm down to play whenever I can. I'm still unemployed so no johns. Sunday sounds good. I don't have a gamecube or a tv so I can't bring any setups. Also I have no cannabis so massive pre-game johns on not playing my best
also Binyan I haven't forgot you thinking you can beat me with half the cast. I'm gunna run the train on your non peach and zelda/sheik characters
and maybe even do you the ultimate dishonor, winning with falcon
zach are we teaming for hot dickings? You never directly answered afaik.
hope I don't come off as needy :p

book

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I guess we can team. I don't think anyone is afraid to get to know you. We are just horribly disorganized. Things should be more straightforward once the semester begins. :)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Come on, we've gone through this every time Daniel posts. People have things to do, but we'll play SOMEWHERE on Sunday.

clowsui

Smash Legend
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271256

this thing, who's coming? i saw hylian and rauleen say something about it but i would actually like to get to play some of you other cats like the fellow feathered friend, MMM (see what i did there with the three Fs and the three...yeah okay enough of that) or nicole, that peach who is supposed to be a master vs falco (so i can learn about the MU since that scrub king beef is giving up on peach v. falco) or legan, the only god kai i haven't ever played...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Sure, I guess we can team. I don't think anyone is afraid to get to know you. We are just horribly disorganized. Things should be more straightforward once the semester begins. :)
I was hoping for something along the lines of "I'd love to team with you, we're going to beat everybody because we're the best and everyone else is a bunch of no-good newbies", but I suppose that "I guess" will suffice.

lol

And I don't record that much because my laptop is stupid and basically unfit for recording.

If you guys want me to bring my Dazzle+cables+splitters I recommend someone bring a laptop with virtualdub installed.
You have no idea how legit these johns are =P
I don't have a laptop so I can't be the one to pull through to get recorded matches.
Come on, we've gone through this every time Daniel posts. People have things to do, but we'll play SOMEWHERE on Sunday.

is this how things work in the StL? Who can host? Hopefully somebody near Edwardsville because I don't think I'm willing to drive any longer than 45 minutes

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Soooo, I can't go to the tournament on October 2nd (work won't let anybody off for that weekend)

10sadcats

hopefully I can find a means of getting to Wichita in September though

Nuris

Smash Lord
If people concur that it is agreeable for me to be hosting this Sunday...

1019 Skinker Pkwy,
University City/St. Louis, MO 63112
Unit 230A

-Park outside the black gate on Horton (or Maple).
-Call/Text me at 617-959-4517 to get inside.
-Bring set-ups, I have a few extra TVs
-This is an OPEN invitation, just like things usually are. If something is going on at my place, it is open to anyone who wants to come and play, and if you have any questions, just ask me via PM, AIM, or text message.

Seriously guys, you gotta be proactive when you are trying to involve yourself in a community. Call people, don't wait to be called. Ask people directly via the information they provide on Smashboards, not ambiguously via regional threads. And if you really want to play, organize something, or push other people to organize something. If you make passive and indirect posts like, "Does anyone in St. Louis play Melee?" and "I wish people would actually host smashfests once in a while >.>," you can expect people to respond with unproductive posts. However if you contact people directly (PM, AIM, texts, etc.) what is going on tonight, this week, this month, are they free, do they know if anyone else is free, do they have other people's contact info, etc., you might be surprised at how much progress you would make as far as filling your schedule up with Smash Bros. events. Of course, you may just receive the response, "Sorry, everyone is out of town until school starts," but at least this way you don't piss everyone off by complaining how lazy everyone is for not catering to your needs when they're 500, 1000, or even 10000 miles away.

In other news, I'm probably going to host all-day biweekly smashfests on Saturdays this semester.

kthxbai

darkatma

Smash Hero
Phil, your place sounds good for this sunday. I would suggest me and jeremy's suite, but since i arrive saturday night i won't have finished unpacking yet. Also I needa pick up all sorts of stuff from your place :p

@ tomacawk, i woulda texted you info if i had my phone near me at the time
dont worry, we don't hate you lol
Also, you don't ever need to worry about hosting ability, everyone around here is willing to host every so often, and Me+Jeremy's suite and Phil's place are almost always open for smash.

Also, the majority of us live within 5 minutes of each other, so you'll probably haveta drive the same distance no matter, luke. I'd be willing to chip in on your gas money every so often if that's an issue for you.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Sunday! SUNDAY! Sunday!

I'll probably be available all day, so people are welcome to show up pretty much any time in the afternoon. We could start as early as noon but doubt most anyone would want to.

What time are people back from church? What time are people awake and ready to go? Any time is good for me.

Pretty much same goes for end time. I'll probably start herding people out around 2 or 3 if it goes that late, but seriously it's whatever as long as you keep the volume down after midnight.

darkatma

Smash Hero
oh god i haveta adjust to midwest timezone =[
that means waking up at 6 on sunday for church >.<
but yeah we get back prolly round 12, 1 at latest.

derno when jeremy wants to smash, he has the car so he's the man loll

Nuris

Smash Lord
well right now he's living in my place xD
but he'll prolly be moved out by sunday

Radium88

Smash Lord
I kind of want to join in >_>. Don't know what I'm doing with rauleen sunday though we'll see :).
Lol I gueeesss we'll go see these people....

(Zomg, you don't have to have brawl to accommodate just me....I kind of just want to watch you melee pros...pluuus I am way behind in Phantom Hourglass)

Nuris

Smash Lord
well we play the games we wanna play, so if some ppl wanna play brawl, WE'LL PLAY BRAWL
if ppl wanna play megaman X, WE GONNA SPEED RUN THAT ****
IF U WANNA TETRIS BATTLE, IT'S GOING DOWN!!!
also let's all play the grover counting game that traumatized corey when he was a baby

Nicole

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271256

this thing, who's coming? i saw hylian and rauleen say something about it but i would actually like to get to play some of you other cats like the fellow feathered friend, MMM (see what i did there with the three Fs and the three...yeah okay enough of that) or nicole, that peach who is supposed to be a master vs falco (so i can learn about the MU since that scrub king beef is giving up on peach v. falco) or legan, the only god kai i haven't ever played...
LOL where did you hear i was good against falco? falco, wario, and toon link are my least favorite matchups. i do play with MMM's falco a fair amount, but i really wouldn't call myself a master of that MU by any means.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@nicole:

oh well larry in his MU thread said that you confirmed to him the MU was 55-45 so you must be decent at it

plus i watched you vs. pelca and i thought you were solid at it just made a few weird decisions here and there. you're more patient than KB (so i've heard) and we're 3-2 atm in mms/bracket sets (he's up 1), he's beaten me all the sets that he was more patient so i wanna learn how to deal w/ that

oh another person i forgot to mention in that list of ppl i wanna play is future
wait, ICs? fgt character NEXT

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Lol I gueeesss we'll go see these people....

(Zomg, you don't have to have brawl to accommodate just me....I kind of just want to watch you melee pros...pluuus I am way behind in Phantom Hourglass)
I don't know which crew YOU'RE referring to, but there are no pros around...there's Binyan, who would like to think so but in reality is about as good as you can be without being pro (okay, I'll say it, he's a big dumb newby), then there's a bunch of mediocre players, oh yeah and there's this one kid who hits a bunch of buttons really fast

Radium88

Smash Lord
o_O Rockband tonight?
Heck chyah!

well we play the games we wanna play, so if some ppl wanna play brawl, WE'LL PLAY BRAWL
if ppl wanna play megaman X, WE GONNA SPEED RUN THAT ****
IF U WANNA TETRIS BATTLE, IT'S GOING DOWN!!!
also let's all play the grover counting game that traumatized corey when he was a baby
Zomg, bring my Tetris DS...shiiiiiieeett is going down

I don't know which crew YOU'RE referring to, but there are no pros around...there's Binyan, who would like to think so but in reality is about as good as you can be without being pro (okay, I'll say it, he's a big dumb newby), then there's a bunch of mediocre players, oh yeah and there's this one kid who hits a bunch of buttons really fast
They are all pros in my heart. <3

Because they are pros compared to me....

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL yeah we can't all be as good as Peoria.

So yeah Sunday, if Phil's place doesn't work out for some reason you can come to my place (it's small though)

Nicole

Smash Champion
@nicole:

oh well larry in his MU thread said that you confirmed to him the MU was 55-45 so you must be decent at it

plus i watched you vs. pelca and i thought you were solid at it just made a few weird decisions here and there. you're more patient than KB (so i've heard) and we're 3-2 atm in mms/bracket sets (he's up 1), he's beaten me all the sets that he was more patient so i wanna learn how to deal w/ that

oh another person i forgot to mention in that list of ppl i wanna play is future
wait, ICs? fgt character NEXT
wow...i didn't do that well against larry. plus i thought he was m@v cause i didnt know it was larry :/

anwyays, i just wanted to do cool stuff on the livestream and pelca wanted to be all gay and actually win so he could have a chance to get out of pools. i knew i coudlnt get out anyway, so i absolutely could've played smarter., but i didn't really care. pelca is a pretty good falco for sure though.

still, -i- don't think i'm a falco master by any means. but we can definitely play, if i'm actually going to this tournament (which i suppose i will if STL is going?)

Radium88

Smash Lord
someone get housing in ohio no one likes me

(meaning i dont have a black name or lack a wienrerlololoololooooo <3)
Soooo much ahead of you.....

Today is housing us for the tournament and as of right now:

1. Radium88
2. Hylian
3. JoWii?
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???

I told Fwog, DJike, and Kemorroo too but I don't know if they are coming yet. I know Fwog and DJike wanted to go to another tournament.

Teh Future

Smash Master

1. Radium88
2. Hylian
3. JoWii?
4. Future
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???

I told Fwog, DJike, and Kemorroo too but I don't know if they are coming yet. I know Fwog and DJike wanted to go to another tournament.
fix'd

10 cats

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

1. Radium88
2. Hylian
3. JoWii?
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???

Since that's on a Saturday, I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't be able to go. So long as we leave sometime after 5pm on Friday and come back on Sunday at a reasonable time. If that's all part of the plan, count me in.

Oh also, this is effing genius: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSaurw6E_Q&feature=player_embedded

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
there are no pros around...there's Binyan, who would like to think so but in reality is about as good as you can be without being pro
Nope I would never think of myself as a pro. I know exactly where my skill stands and how it stacks against other pretty decent people, but living in norcal makes you realize how many people are better than you.

Plus no one in the midwest is near pro status. Tink and Kels are within my reach

edit: whoops, darkatma again

Top Bottom