• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm not sure what part of this you're not getting, but there is a part of this you're not getting.

There could be 3-4 people in the chain of this leak, all of the information we're getting could be from 2012 and the 2nd person in the chain could be releasing it slowly over time, having received no ACTUAL new information from the original source since then.

In early 2012, or possibly even before then? And so finalized that Miyamoto couldn't make a request?
Yes I understand that. What I'm saying is that I don't think that happened and that's what I've been saying. Maybe you didn't get that.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You know, I've been hearing alot about a good amount of people wanting a Smash Bros original character in SSB4. I think Roy would be the perfect fit. :awesome:
If Tabuu is in the final roster, you're going to look back on this and it won't even be the least bit funny any longer.

Yes I understand that. What I'm saying is that I don't think that happened and that's what I've been saying. Maybe you didn't get that.
Oh, okay. You're free to feel that way, I suppose.

But the fact remains that Sal pretty much has it in a lock at this point. His "predictions" were so unbelievably unlikely that it's going to take something big to debunk him (like one of the named characters being an assist trophy), and the people saying "pokemon from X/Y isn't necessarily Greninja!" are ignoring how accurate his earlier prediction was, AND the fact that he's still technically right (and there are plenty of reasons that he might not have known which Pokemon it was at the time he received the info, as I explained).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If Tabuu is in the final roster, you're going to look back on this and it won't even be the least bit funny any longer.

Oh, okay. You're free to feel that way, I suppose.

But the fact remains that Sal pretty much has it in a lock at this point. His "predictions" were so unbelievably unlikely that it's going to take something big to debunk him (like one of the named characters being an assist trophy), and the people saying "pokemon from X/Y isn't necessarily Greninja!" are ignoring how accurate his earlier prediction was, AND the fact that he's still technically right (and there are plenty of reasons that he might not have known which Pokemon it was at the time he received the info, as I explained).
I agree especially with WTF. I think it will be debunked when the game comes out because I still don't buy mini being playable. However I think the leak has a decent chance of true.

Arcticbanana

Smash Rookie
I'm 100% sure Sal's leak is incomplete. I find it inconceivable that we won't get at least one of the following newcomers.

Also, Sakurai changed his mind about villager. He's a human being, he can and will change his mind. (Anyway, You're probably right about it not being the final roster. :rosalina:)

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So, question, has the MK8 leak been confirmed to be false, or is it still up in the air? I hear conflicting viewpoints about its validity or not.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
So, question, has the MK8 leak been confirmed to be false, or is it still up in the air? I hear conflicting viewpoints about its validity or not.
It's not confirmed fake yet. There was some speculation about if the MK8 info was correct or not, but it was also never confirmed fake. We got in contact with RosalinaX, trying to get more info, but he said his source didn't reveal anything else

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah, I'd reckon Sakurai and Gamefreak opened up a slot for an X/Y representative, and chose Greninja later on. Lucario at least had the whole movie push behind him. No one really thought about Greninja that much until he was announced.
Gamefreak are usually pretty good at knowing which of their Pokemon are going to be popular. They also know who their going to promote. For example, Frokie is the only starter from this gen Ash has in the anime, and I can almost assure you it'll evolve into a Greninja, and become his powerhouse in the XY Championship saga.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Three of the leaks have some problems with them.

E. Gadd Leak: "Midna and Wolf Link are an Assist Trophy". This suggests that they are one Assist Trophy, however, Midna appears to be on her own.

Neoseeker Leak #1: "Tom Nook is an Assist Trophy". I wouldn't say this is definitely deconfirmed, but given that Tom Nook already appears in Villager's Final Smash, I find it unlikely that he would also be an Assist Trophy.

Not Sakurai Leak: "No Melee stages return". This is deconfirmed. Jungle Japes from Melee returns for the 3DS version.

As for the Sal leak, if he did indeed predict Wii Fit Trainer before E3, then that gives him a lot of credibility. I don't think anyone was expecting that character. However, didn't he only claim to have recieved that information before E3? The post I saw was posted after E3, but just said that he knew before hand. Was there an actual post predicting Wii Fit Trainer before E3? I'm not really familiar with Sal, so I don't know how trustworthy he is.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just a heads-up, for leak discussion as well as general discussion, it's an easy trap to dismiss someone as "melodramatic" or "needing to calm down" when they're expressing a different opinion from your own. Don't fall into that trap.
Calling people "sheep" for not agreeing with you is, in fact, melodramatic. He's putting himself on a cross because his favorite characters might not make it into a video game. I did the same thing for about a month when the Brawl roster was revealed until I realized that if you go about acting like someone personally wronged you for something so inconsequential, people come to resent you and you chip away at your credibility as a poster. If there's any "trap" here, it's taking a video game way too seriously.

I like a good explanation on why I got a warning other then so dissatisfaction of the roster. There was no flaming I did not call him names all I did was challange him to prove I am not speaking for the majority of the fanbase. I mean really this post is flmaing but saying I am whiny and annoying is not?[could not just pm you since you seen to have it turned off]

I have not done anything wrong, I am just being ganged up on for dislikeing a roster. I don't see why PPl can talk about why they like the roster and I can not say about my dislike. I am entilted to post my opinion just as much as they are and just because they ask me to stop posting don't mean I should stop. What if I ask them to stop criticizing me? would they get the same treatment as I am getting from you. I am not a bad person it's just seems like I am being ganged up on for saying what I need to say
You called people sheep for not agreeing with you. This is implying that, because they disagree with you, they don't think and are simply too stupid to see things from your point of view. There are significantly more rational ways to express your opinion. Also, taking the role of the victim is not going to help your case. People were telling you that you were getting out of line. You ignored them. I acted. If you want to go wave a zealous banner like Joan of Arc, I'm sure Gamefaqs will welcome you with open arms. We have standards here. If you act like a child then you will be treated like a child. It's as simple as that. You don't have to agree with the people here and they don't have to agree with you but that doesn't automatically make either side right or wrong. Bottom line: you can express your opinions without swinging them around like a baseball bat.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I think the MK8 leak is the leak that won't be (de)confirmed until Smash Bros releases, as all it states is that there will be 4 cuts and 48 characters.
Why not just check credability of the MK8 leaker and the origins? No one attempted to go through any of the work on the MK8 guy like they did with Sal.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Three of the leaks have some problems with them.

E. Gadd Leak: "Midna and Wolf Link are an Assist Trophy". This suggests that they are one Assist Trophy, however, Midna appears to be on her own.

Neoseeker Leak #1: "Tom Nook is an Assist Trophy". I wouldn't say this is definitely deconfirmed, but given that Tom Nook already appears in Villager's Final Smash, I find it unlikely that he would also be an Assist Trophy.

Not Sakurai Leak: "No Melee stages return". This is deconfirmed. Jungle Japes from Melee returns for the 3DS version.

As for the Sal leak, if he did indeed predict Wii Fit Trainer before E3, then that gives him a lot of credibility. I don't think anyone was expecting that character. However, didn't he only claim to have recieved that information before E3? The post I saw was posted after E3, but just said that he knew before hand. Was there an actual post predicting Wii Fit Trainer before E3? I'm not really familiar with Sal, so I don't know how trustworthy he is.
Before E3 happened, all there was (from what I understand) was a post saying "unlikley predictions mega man, villager, WFT, little mac, pacman, and mii" and claimed they were all going to be shown at E3
After E3 he came out to say that the info was leaked to his site. Though Mii, Little Mac and PacMan weren't revealed at E3, I don't think that basis enough to bust it, especially since little mac was revealed later on, and combining both of his leaks (the one he made before the nintendo direct and the E3 one) none of the characters predicted have been deconfirmed.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Calling people "sheep" for not agreeing with you is, in fact, melodramatic. He's putting himself on a cross because his favorite characters might not make it into a video game. I did the same thing for about a month when the Brawl roster was revealed until I realized that if you go about acting like someone personally wronged you for something so inconsequential, people come to resent you and you chip away at your credibility as a poster. If there's any "trap" here, it's taking a video game way too seriously.

You called people sheep for not agreeing with you. This is implying that, because they disagree with you, they don't think and are simply too stupid to see things from your point of view. There are significantly more rational ways to express your opinion. Also, taking the role of the victim is not going to help your case. People were telling you that you were getting out of line. You ignored them. I acted. If you want to go wave a zealous banner like Joan of Arc, I'm sure Gamefaqs will welcome you with open arms. We have standards here. If you act like a child then you will be treated like a child. It's as simple as that. You don't have to agree with the people here and they don't have to agree with you but that doesn't automatically make either side right or wrong. Bottom line: you can express your opinions without swinging them around like a baseball bat.
TF? So people here can now tell you to get in line? Who the **** gave a peasant ******* permission to tell another peasant to get back in line!? What is this community? So I take it everyone can be another ones parent now HAHAHA. Lmao I'm pretty sure a person should have the right to ignore a person they don't agree with. NONSENSE !You are one funny moderator! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gamefreak are usually pretty good at knowing which of their Pokemon are going to be popular. They also know who their going to promote. For example, Frokie is the only starter from this gen Ash has in the anime, and I can almost assure you it'll evolve into a Greninja, and become his powerhouse in the XY Championship saga.
I don't think that's meant to be an indicator considering he didn't get Torchic previously.

Then again, we all know Ash rarely evolves his starters fully, Froakie's doomed to being cute forever.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
TF? So people here can now tell you to get in line? Who the f*ck gave a peasant fu*king permission to tell another peasant to get back in line!? What is this community? So I take it everyone can be another ones parent now HAHAHA. Lmao I'm pretty sure a person should have the right to ignore a person they don't agree with. NONSENSE !You are one funny moderator! :)
That's kinda what being a moderator means. You know, enforcing the rules and code of conduct.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Three.
Million.
please stop it's cancerous

thanks

Though, talking about the franchises success, it's one of the few post-NES games that's exclusive to nintendo that did actually see Arcade releases, so that's actually pretty important to "Why Rhythm Heaven.". Normally I wouldn't have too many reasons for "Why not EBA/Oudean?" but it seems someone covered that for me well what with region exclusives

Maybe Marshall will have costumes for that? Someone should photoshop that.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
I've overanalyzed the Sal leak to the point of my brain feeling fried whenever I think about it. I think I'm content with sitting back and watching what happens, and not being surprised whether or not the leak is true.

Also, if I was a leaker, I don't think I would leak information and spoil surprises for the public. That's just me, though.

D

Deleted member

TF? So people here can now tell you to get in line? Who the f*ck gave a peasant fu*king permission to tell another peasant to get back in line!? What is this community? So I take it everyone can be another ones parent now HAHAHA. Lmao I'm pretty sure a person should have the right to ignore a person they don't agree with. NONSENSE !You are one funny moderator! :)
You know I'm beginning to think that the only reason you give the mods **** is because they're mods.
Also peasant. What are we reddit/4chan WHO THE **** CALLS A PERSON A PEASANT AS AN INSULT?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've overanalyzed the Sal leak to the point of my brain feeling fried whenever I think about it. I think I'm content with sitting back and watching what happens, and not being surprised whether or not the leak is true.

Also, if I was a leaker, I don't think I would leak information and spoil surprises for the public. That's just me, though.
If I were a leaker, I'd leak all the information, but make it sound fake so no one believes me.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I like that the OP was changed, but I don't get why the Notsakurai leak is still there, as it said no melee stages would return. I also don't get why the Neoseeker leak is also up there still, as Nintendo themselves just outright said little mac's recovery is just terrible.

My take on the Sal leak that I haven't seen anyone post (as far as I know). We live in an age where companies "leak" things intentionally. Internet forums and twitter do what a commercial on TV could only dream of: people constantly talking about your game. We're all here ruminating in Smash Bros by choice. When the forums slow down and people stop discussing the game companies "leak" videos, screenshots, and rumors. If Sal is constantly correct (something I'm not 100% certain of myself) odds are he isn't a mole on the inside, he's probably a member of the advertisement branch of the game who "leaks" information; picks a site that's not very popular and gives them information as a "rumor." This would mean a few things.

1. He is not going to leak the entire roster. He wants us to talk about it. He wants us to keep guessing. He's not going to spill the entire cast because after we've talked about every last one of them the talk will die back down. That's the opposite of what he's trying to accomplish.
2. He is going to be intentionally vague. He doesn't want to come off as a Nintendo buff who knows every detail about the game. He wants us to A) not believe him entirely (why say "animal crossing guy?") B) keep talking (which X/Y Pokemon could it be?)
3. Letting out a few batches throughout development is exactly what he would do. Watch the forums. Watch Twitter. Is everyone still talking about the game? How about the major gaming sites. How long has it been since they've written an article about the game? Has it been awhile? Time to make another "rumor."

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
please stop it's cancerous

thanks

Though, talking about the franchises success, it's one of the few post-NES games that's exclusive to nintendo that did actually see Arcade releases, so that's actually pretty important to "Why Rhythm Heaven.". Normally I wouldn't have too many reasons for "Why not EBA/Oudean?" but it seems someone covered that for me well what with region exclusives

Maybe Marshall will have costumes for that? Someone should photoshop that.
If it's a success, why the hell is fever 10 dollars new on amazon (has not hit 1 mil sales yet), while Kirby Return to Dreamland is 60 bucks new? Come on guys, thats like claiming W101 was a huge success because it sold more when it went on sale.

Also seems like the indrift debate is still going on over on the MK8 board but more people are claiming its not indrift. If its this debateble the informant must not know what he's talking about, and the leak also claimed the 48 character roster may change. Unless we get DLC, nothings gonna change unless there is a delay. We got up to 4 months left til the 3DS release, how will the have time to add more? Its too late for that now and at the point that leak was created, I also heard on GAF someone EARLIER than the Mk8 leak said they were TRYING for a spring release earlier, how can you go from a spring release to having no idea at all (according to the MK8 leaker) then to in like 2 weeks having one releasing relativley soon compared to the other? I think the 48 roster thing is garbage.

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
The Sal leak has been debated enough, guys. It's clearly time to switch it up and debate the Palutena leak. :awesome:

THANKS DIATOM

Smash Rookie
just wanted to point out that OP hasn't updated some of the leaks' details with anything despite outright confirmations (example: the e.gadd leak said sheik and ZSS would return, which they did, but the OP hasn't greened those parts of the spoiler yet, and notsakurai said that shulk would be the newest character on the smash4 roster despite the confirmation of greninja, who is newer, so that part of notsakurai's leak should be redded).

for clarification on the "greninja is newer than shulk" thing: xenoblade came out in like april (6th) of 2012 in america, far later than it came out in JP or EU. pokemon X/Y (greninja's first appearance) came out globally on october 12, 2013, which is like a year and a half gap between their first appearances (or, in other words, xenoblade is a 2-year-old game in america (almost 4-years old for JP, and almost 3 for EU!), while X/Y are barely half a year old).

also as others have pointed out notsakurai also said no melee stages would return (jungle japes is a confirmed SSB 3DS stage), and pokemon trainer is 95% not returning (direct said that all mid-battle transformations are gone, and those were basically integral to pokemon trainer's character). so really notsakurai's leak shouldn't be up in OP as a not-deconfirmed leak when he's gotten 3 things straight-up wrong. (i know shulk not being the newest char on the roster still doesn't mean he's deconfirmed, but it's still a bit of a valid point when that was explicitly part of notsakurai's "leak" and when he's gotten two other big things wrong.)

sorry for the post being long as ****, btw

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know I'm beginning to think that the only reason you give the mods **** is because they're mods.
Also peasant. What are we reddit/4chan WHO THE **** CALLS A PERSON A PEASANT AS AN INSULT?
I honestly don't mind. I do this for free and I'm perfectly okay with people criticizing my actions. Yeah, he's poking the bear but it's not like I'm going to ban him for it. As they say on 4chan, I'm basically an internet volunteer janitor (sans the Hotpockets) and I come here because I like Smash, not to boss around people. I'm a manager at a university police station irl and I strongly believe that if you treat people like adults, they will act like adults but there are times when people need to be force fed a bit of perspective to steer them in the right direction. If this was a matter of authority, I could have just outright given the guy an infraction (or gone full power trip and banned him) but I feel like there's a lesson to be learned here which is simply, for the love of god, don't take these discussions too seriously. It's just a game. People come here on their free time and no body needs to be whipping out swords because I'm sure most of us deal with enough crap irl. I know melodrama when I see it because, no joke, I spent the day the Brawl roster was revealed in a cemetery in the rain. If that isn't 200 pounds of pathetic, I don't know what is. I gained a lot of perspective that day and consider this me sharing a bit of now. At the end of the day, this should be fun. You guys are pretty groovy and I like coming here and you all probably feel the same to some degree or else you'd be somewhere else. That being said, let's keep this a place that people actually want to come to instead of avoid.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I honestly don't mind. I do this for free and I'm perfectly okay with people criticizing my actions. Yeah, he's poking the bear but it's not like I'm going to ban him for it. As they say on 4chan, I'm basically an internet volunteer janitor (sans the Hotpockets) and I come here because I like Smash, not to boss around people. I'm a manager at a university police station irl and I strongly believe that if you treat people like adults, they will act like adults but there are times when people need to be force fed a bit of perspective to steer them in the right direction. If this was a matter of authority, I could have just outright given the guy an infraction (or gone full power trip and banned him) but I feel like there's a lesson to be learned here which is simply, for the love of god, don't take these discussions too seriously. It's just a game. People come here on their free time and no body needs to be whipping out swords because I'm sure most of us deal with enough crap irl. I know melodrama when I see it because, no joke, I spent the day the Brawl roster was revealed in a cemetery in the rain. If that isn't 200 pounds of pathetic, I don't know what is. I gained a lot of perspective that day and consider this me sharing a bit of now. At the end of the day, this should be fun. You guys are pretty groovy and I like coming here and you all probably feel the same to some degree or else you'd be somewhere else. That being said, let's keep this a place that people actually want to come to instead of avoid.
Amen my friend, Amen. Keep the peace. :grin: Let's get back to talking about what we love. Smash Leaks.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
for clarification on the "greninja is newer than shulk" thing: xenoblade came out in like april (6th) of 2012 in america, far later than it came out in JP or EU. pokemon X/Y (greninja's first appearance) came out globally on october 12, 2013, which is like a year and a half gap between their first appearances (or, in other words, xenoblade is a 2-year-old game in america (almost 4-years old for JP, and almost 3 for EU!), while X/Y are barely half a year old).

sorry for the post being long as ****, btw
On this note, I believe they said that X and Y had been in development for about three years so that means that it began sometime in 2010, two years before SSB4 even started development so it's totally plausible that Sakurai knew about the X and Y Pokemon long before most of us did. Welcome to Smash Boards, by the way.

D

Deleted member

I'm aware, but I have to put up with a lot of stress at my own job as well, so I want to come here and just chill instead of seeing people get angry at each other over dumb things. Plus, giving someone **** over what they do on a forum just seems immature, but I probably didn't need to call him out on it.
But enough drama, I came here to discuss Smash and I'll be damned if I ain't going to do that!

Last edited by a moderator:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
My take on the Sal leak that I haven't seen anyone post (as far as I know). We live in an age where companies "leak" things intentionally. Internet forums and twitter do what a commercial on TV could only dream of: people constantly talking about your game. We're all here ruminating in Smash Bros by choice. When the forums slow down and people stop discussing the game companies "leak" videos, screenshots, and rumors. If Sal is constantly correct (something I'm not 100% certain of myself) odds are he isn't a mole on the inside, he's probably a member of the advertisement branch of the game who "leaks" information; picks a site that's not very popular and gives them information as a "rumor." This would mean a few things.

1. He is not going to leak the entire roster. He wants us to talk about it. He wants us to keep guessing. He's not going to spill the entire cast because after we've talked about every last one of them the talk will die back down. That's the opposite of what he's trying to accomplish.
2. He is going to be intentionally vague. He doesn't want to come off as a Nintendo buff who knows every detail about the game. He wants us to A) not believe him entirely (why say "animal crossing guy?") B) keep talking (which X/Y Pokemon could it be?)
3. Letting out a few batches throughout development is exactly what he would do. Watch the forums. Watch Twitter. Is everyone still talking about the game? How about the major gaming sites. How long has it been since they've written an article about the game? Has it been awhile? Time to make another "rumor."
This would be true if Sal was totally in control of this, but he's not the one giving out info, his tipster is. He's basically in the same situation like us where he wants to believe the tipster's info, but he posts them anyway until it becomes true, which it kind of did.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If it's a success, why the hell is fever 10 dollars new on amazon (has not hit 1 mil sales yet), while Kirby Return to Dreamland is 60 bucks new? Come on guys, thats like claiming W101 was a huge success because it sold more when it went on sale.

Also seems like the indrift debate is still going on over on the MK8 board but more people are claiming its not indrift. If its this debateble the informant must not know what he's talking about, and the leak also claimed the 48 character roster may change. Unless we get DLC, nothings gonna change unless there is a delay. We got up to 4 months left til the 3DS release, how will the have time to add more? Its too late for that now and at the point that leak was created, I also heard on GAF someone EARLIER than the Mk8 leak said they were TRYING for a spring release earlier, how can you go from a spring release to having no idea at all (according to the MK8 leaker) then to in like 2 weeks having one releasing relativley soon compared to the other? I think the 48 roster thing is garbage.
It's the DS game that was the success, Fever only sold a little under 1 million world wide and released at 30 dollars.
Also oh god sales talk can we not

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
This would be true if Sal was totally in control of this, but he's not the one giving out info, his tipster is. He's basically in the same situation like us where he wants to believe the tipster's info, but he posts them anyway until it becomes true, which it kind of did.
He couldn't have fabricated the tipster?

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't insulting anyone actually. We , No YOU are Smashboards sir.

Last edited:
His tipster works at Nintendo and was hired to leak things intentionally. I don't know the exact details of how the Sal situation works, but my point is that someone could be intentionally leaking something to the internet. In this case Sal is the middle man. If someone is constantly right they probably paid to do so, and aren't leakers slipping us information. I think the same thing happened with the Palutena leak if it's legit.

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Any new leaks lately thats not Sal's leak and has Isaac/Dixie Kong? I know i always ask about those 2 but cmon, I feel like they both deserve a slot in Smash and I refuse to believe they wont be in it for the likes of something as pathetic as a Mii -_-

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
That's a possibility, but if the tipster is fabricated, then all of the character leaks he made are just really lucky guesses.
I meant like he fills the roles of both Sal and the tipster and they're just one person and the rest is just whatever story they decide to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom