• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
You have every right to dislike a roster - it was your suggestion that you were planning to cut off your nose to spite your face and buy it second hand I was referring to as childish. It's a mean trick to pull on developers who've worked hard for two years to put out a game you clearly value enough to buy. Anyway, you have no reason to disbelieve Sakurai hasn't been checking public opinion and reflecting it in the line-up - Sal's leak seemingly isn't a comprehensive roster, hence Rosalina's exclusion, and it's likely more will be in the game.
I hope your right, because I see no reasion to ignore ridley in k rool this time. In brawl I understand, there was more important newcomers that he had to put in, but now there basically the only 2 missing links. I am willing to believe the majority would love the roster if they were in it. If they were in I could care less about the odd characters added afterwards.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I've come to accept this based off of this leak, and it is infuriating. I hope people rake Sakurai over the coals for "stressing himself to the brink of death" over roster decisions, then coming up with this pile of bilge as a final result. Most won't, but hopefully a few realize it's okay to not worship any and all final rosters on bended knee.

@ S_B S_B It's the Mario Kart 8 leak of only 48 characters, plus the Pre-Brawl guy claiming no Ridley or K. Rool that's got me doubting. To each his or her own, but I'm perfectly happy with the two games' worth of Bowser I already have.
Chin up bro i and many know how you feel......

Phendrana_shorelines_overlooking_meta_ridley_shadow_dolphin_hd.jpg

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I wasn't able to post the OTHER picture,behold,the STATISTICS EXAM!

View attachment 12173

Kind of small.
We learned that for some stages backdrops can change where they are, every match, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch this stage is affected, too. Even if there are hacked Palutena models, so far I haven't seen a PSA to match the motions in the image. To me, it feels like it's trying to grasp at straws to debunk it, in all honesty

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't able to post the OTHER picture,behold,the STATISTICS EXAM!

View attachment 12173

Kind of small.
*Meant to quote the other picture too, but oh well.* Here's a bigger version if anyone is curious. http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/RelaxAlax/Pauluteeena_zpsaa473d5a.png
Both of these pictures were discussed a long time ago. We're just going to keep going in circles all over again with these pictures.
I feel like the Palutena leak is just like the Sal leak. There's not much reason to discuss it unless there's any new evidence to it that further proves/disprove's it, otherwise we are going to be having the exact same argument over, and over, and over again. There's nothing out there right now that can really "debunk" either of the leaks at the moment. I just feel like we are wasting time at this point. But those are just my drifting thoughts.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
*Meant to quote the other picture too, but oh well.*
Both of these pictures were discussed a long time ago. We're just going to keep going in circles all over again with these pictures.
I feel like the Palutena leak is just like the Sal leak. There's not much reason to discuss it unless there's any new evidence to it that further proves/disprove's it, otherwise we are going to be having the exact same argument over, and over, and over again. There's nothing out there right now that can really "debunk" either of the leaks at the moment. I just feel like we are wasting time at this point. But those are just my drifting thoughts.
Well,better to rethink our process. We already discussed all the new photos.

We're kind of experts at this. For every leak there is a flaw needed to be pointed out. There IS no perfect leak (made by someone not associated with the company that made the game)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Well the mods sure didn't like that image. (They must really not like Chris Bores)

Allow me to post the non-rude version of Chrom:

This one was confirmed fake, the guy who made it gave us this clean pic that he made, and after i asked him on 4chan to post his room to prove it was him he did.

I feel like that stupid MK8 leak should be throw out. If he was wrong about something on the MK side then that disqualifies his Smash Bros. stuff.
He said, about mario kart 8, that inside drifting was going to be "tweaked"... now inside and outside drifting are apparently just one kind of fused drifting...which imo doesn't discredit him at all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This thread's very existence deserves a lock, but that's not the point. You can discuss characters and rosters so long as it's in relation to the leaks/rumors/prophecies/friend of a friend's cousin twice removed. That isn't a problem. What won't be tolerated is people intentionally fabricating leaks to goad the community (you know who you are) and inappropriate posting that breaks the general TOS of this board.
Lock? Personally I'd say a revamp is in order like with the Miiverse thread.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Well,better to rethink our process. We already discussed all the new photos.

We're kind of experts at this. For every leak there is a flaw needed to be pointed out. There IS no perfect leak (made by someone not associated with the company that made the game)
I agree. Definitely we should discuss the flaw's and what not, but I just feel like it isn't going to really get us anywhere (of course only in regards to the more controversial leaks, like the Palutena/Sal leak) farther than "It could be real, or fake" until l there's more evidence pertaining to one or the other. Of course, after discussing the pros/cons of both anyways. The palutena leak probably has over 100 pages of discussion, with a lot of them being the same arguments just going through the same cycle again. Then again, I guess that's this entire thread sometimes.
Well, ****.

The most convincing point he makes is that taking a picture of a 3DS doesn't result in horrendous, blurry picture like the two Palutena pics...

This could be fake, but Sakurai's trolling makes me believe she's playable regardless.
I think that was leaning on the leaks credibility, as people have said the quality is too high for the picture to be taken from a camera, on a 3DS screen.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Wow. I like how people are claiming that the possible new comer list has no fan favorites when what they really mean is that it doesn't have Ridley and K. Rool and that they don't like a combination of Pacman, Mii, and the Chorus men.

Megaman, Little Mac, Palutena, Shulk, Villager, Rosaline and Chrom all had a lot of support (some more then others.) They're not Ridley or K. Rool though, so apparently they don't count. The thing is, and I say this with Ridley being my second most wanted character, both of those characters had things working against them. Supporters could plug there ears and not listen, but Sakurai clearly knows Ridley is important (he always includes him in the game) and has had multiple chances to put him in the game. If he doesn't make it this time, it is likely because Sakurai doesn't think being a playable character is a good way to represent Ridley. K. Rool still has a decent chance to be in, but if he isn't let's please remember that Donkey Kong Country is a living and popular franchise, and that he has not been an important part of it for fourteen years.

TLDR: The Sal Leak + Rosalina DID include a lot of requested characters, and some other fan favorites like K. Rool and Ridley may not be in the game for legitimate (at least to Sakurai reasons) and NOT because Miis might be playable.
there is no legitmit reason to not include ridley or k rool none, heck even him itself says actual size don't matter.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Greninja and the separated characters killed pretty much every leak and now it seems that nobody is willing to make new fake ones. Unless the thread is gonna get locked, how about we go back to an old leak that was basically just tossed aside with little to no discussion on its legitimacy due to the influx of rumors and leaks at the time. The one I'm referring to is the Nintendo of Europe PR rep who posted about a set of official character arts that his department received for SM4SH to be used in promotional stuff. It was a while back, I can't remember what page it's on now, and when I asked about it before somebody basically said that it wasn't worth discussing (as compared to what was currently "big" at the time?) and nobody ever brought it up again. I've always been really curious about it, though, and that it got glossed over may warrant a look back into it, considering the deteriorating state of the thread because of a lack of basically any leaks.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Guys guys, what if Sakurai didn't show Ridley because he knew he'd create a lot of disappointment and get tons of backlash, but he still wants Ridley fans to buy the game, so he trolled hard and created speculation so they'd buy it and then be disappointed. :troll:
This is something i have thought about many times but i actually think Sakurai has more Respect for himself than that.

Because that is borderline scrapping the barrel low.......

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Greninja and the separated characters killed pretty much every leak and now it seems that nobody is willing to make new fake ones. Unless the thread is gonna get locked, how about we go back to an old leak that was basically just tossed aside with little to no discussion on its legitimacy due to the influx of rumors and leaks at the time. The one I'm referring to is the Nintendo of Europe PR rep who posted about a set of official character arts that his department received for SM4SH to be used in promotional stuff. It was a while back, I can't remember what page it's on now, and when I asked about it before somebody basically said that it wasn't worth discussing (as compared to what was currently "big" at the time?) and nobody ever brought it up again. I've always been really curious about it, though, and that it got glossed over may warrant a look back into it, considering the deteriorating state of the thread because of a lack of basically any leaks.
Most of the ones still alive are extremely safe ones. We can still discuss them, but there truthfully isn't much to discuss.

D

Deleted member

This is something i have thought about many times but i actually think Sakurai has more Respect for himself than that.

Because that is borderline scrapping the barrel low.......
Excuse the mini-modding but if you want to keep discussing the roster take it elsewhere. I think we'd all prefer that this thread is kept on track as best as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Most of the ones still alive are extremely safe ones. We can still discuss them, but there truthfully isn't much to discuss.
I know, that's why I brought up the one I did. It never even got put into the OP so I couldn't tell you whether it's alive or dead - which is exactly why I'm bringing it up, as the only thing we have to discuss right now is either the Sal leak (overplayed as of now), the Palutena leak (old and stuff), or the MK8/48CSS leak (which I can't accept as valid because of the main focus, the MK8 stuff, being wrong). Other than that it's just inching us closer and closer to getting locked, which I'd really like to avoid if at all possible.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The Mario Kart leak is the leak that claimed there would be 4 cuts and a total of 48 characters "counting transformations" (which we now know don't exist). Its the reason everyone is putting a limit to the roster and if debunked would take away all that "48 character rosters" rumors.
What about the Mario Kart leak has kept people believing it for all this time?
Cause I've seeing people assuming that the 48 character cap is true, but why?
I really don't know what the leak says

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Because it says it has cuts and the community as a whole seems to think anything pessimistic = true.

Its the reason I want someone to post the information it had so we can discuss it and debunk it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think that was leaning on the leaks credibility, as people have said the quality is too high for the picture to be taken from a camera, on a 3DS screen.
Well,that may be so,but nobody knows what TYPE of camera the leaker had. Maybe it was an HD Camera. From Sony.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Let's get this thing back on topic.

A couple of hours ago a friend of mine gave me a call to tell me he was part of a small group that was invited to test the build that's gonna be playable at E3. This testing is supposed to be secret so I'm not even gonna hint at what his job is, as that might get him in trouble.
He told me all of this over the phone:

He playtested in a room with about 10 other people where 2 displays were running the game.
They only played 1-vs-1 matches and played for about 15 minutes each, but were allowed to watch the others play.
Apparently all characters from Brawl come back for this game. Mewtwo also comes back.
The newcomers this time were Wii Fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, Isaac, Robin, and Shulk. He was told there were some hidden characters that were not unlocked for this test.
Brawl Clones were further decloned, so now they feel totally different from their originals.
Finisher moves become more powerful when having a lot of damage percentage.
He played in a couple of Brawl Stages (Halberd was one of them) as well as some new ones. One Stage that has not yet been revealed is based on Nintendo Land where lots of Miis can be seen in the background.
Some characters have alternate costumes. He wouldn't specify.
He also told me there was a video playing on some displays in other room that might have been a Reveal Trailer for Robin who will probably be the next newcomer to be revealed.

Alright, I'll just be digging up old leaks that were seemingly ignored and/or never debunked.
I don't know about the finishing moves part, but some of the stuff seems right. Mostly just guessable, it also doesn't include Greninja. Was Halberd always assumed to return anyways?
Basically, the leaks information is debatable. We won't know if it's really true until MK8 actually comes out.
Well,that may be so,but nobody knows what TYPE of camera the leaker had. Maybe it was an HD Camera. From Sony.
Agree'd. Screens on a 3DS can appear to be vastly different depending on what camera you're using.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Because it says it has cuts and the community as a whole seems to think anything pessimistic = true.

Its the reason I want someone to post the information it had so we can discuss it and debunk it.
I believe that is the only information.
All the post said is 48 chars and 4 cuts, iirc.
I didn't see the mk8 leak, so that would be a place to start discrediting the leaker.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The story BKuma gave us is most likely fake due to the fact that Pokemon Trainer is most likely disconfirmed,even though it said ALL of the brawl characters were returning.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
MK8 leaker claimed that inside drift is in, but in a tweaked form. Posts later in the thread declared that inside drift has yet to appear in MK8 promotional material. I'm not a MK expert, but I see no reason to lend any credence to that leak at the moment.

The story BKuma gave us is most likely fake due to the fact that Pokemon Trainer is most likely disconfirmed,even though it said ALL of the brawl characters were returning.
Between PT 100% being disconfirmed and Ridley almost certainly disconfirmed, yeah, that "leak" is definitely fake.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
.....what?

Am I the only one who saw it confirmed in the Direct?
I think BluePikmin is saying that Halberd was easy to guess was coming back, so he's not too sure about leaks that mention is as a returning stage, in an attempt to use it for credibilit. Or something (maybe just not that last part)

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Eh, the MK8 leak isn't dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iJuQC0w95g#t=42
http://www.mariokartwii.com/f105/inside-drift-133682-22.html#post6019621
The expert's called it a hybrid, therefor it classifies as a tweak. Someone also said that the players aren't good enough for them toe really be able to tell. A lot of it's still debatable, but I say it's best to wait until release to really say so.
Yeah, analysts believe the drifting isn't necessarily full-out in-drifting like the Flame Rummer / Bullet Bike / Mach Bike were in Mario Kart Wii, but it appears to be at a halfway point between those and the Spear (a bike that had more outward drifting). Hence the "tweaked" drift I guess. Too early to kill that leak I think, but, May 30th will be here before we know it, and it'll be very easy to tell by then.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@Xenoblaze Palutena did successfully build her own fanbase, and a great one at that. My underlying point is that, fanbase or no fanbase, Sakurai more likely than not would have put her in anyway. Her having fans is an excuse for him to do what he was already going to do.

@the people complaining that people don't like the roster without Ridley and K. Rool...Are you honestly surprised? People followed this Smash game solely because of the possibility that one or both of those newcomers might get in, hence all the comments you used to see about how "Brawl + them and Mewtwo" would have been the perfect Smash game, and how they've been supporting that character since their childhood. They were the fanbase's largest first party newcomer requests, yet that got completely ignored. While I don't advocate the "slots" argument, effort was directed elsewhere, partially toward characters people actively did not request, as well as toward modes people inevitably will not care about after the first month or so. It's intensely frustrating, and people have every right to criticize this easily fixable flaw on the roster, as they would have had, say, Wario and Diddy not been in Brawl. You can BS "counterpoints" for them, too, you know.

I've been hoping for this thread to be locked for months, so if enough other mods are now in agreement with me in that regard, I say go right ahead.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I've been hoping for this thread to be locked for months, so if enough other mods are now in agreement with me in that regard, I say go right ahead.
It's more of this thread having to be reworked/restarted like the Miiverse and Official character thread, imo.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I too am interested in hearing more about that NoE employee "leak" that was mentioned. Does anyone remember what its claims were?

Shroob

Sup?
Gone for a day, world goes crazy.

What's the main leak right now everyone is talking about that is not Sal's leak?

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Yeah, analysts believe the drifting isn't necessarily full-out in-drifting like the Flame Rummer / Bullet Bike / Mach Bike were in Mario Kart Wii, but it appears to be at a halfway point between those and the Spear (a bike that had more outward drifting). Hence the "tweaked" drift I guess. Too early to kill that leak I think, but, May 30th will be here before we know it, and it'll be very easy to tell by then.
What does in-drifting even mean? I played MKWii and was pretty successful at obtaining and keeping a 99XX VR rank. Yet I don't know what this means..... I was using dry bowser w/ flame runner before I stopped playing.

Out drifting?

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
What does in-drifting even mean? I played MKWii and was pretty successful at obtaining and keeping a 99XX VR rank. Yet I don't know what this means..... I was using dry bowser w/ flame runner before I stopped playing.

Out drifting?
Normally when you drift, your car/bike goes in the opposing direct in which youre facing. With in-drifting, the car/bike goes in the direction youre facing while you drift.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
@Xenoblaze

@the people complaining that people don't like the roster without Ridley and K. Rool...Are you honestly surprised?
A little.
People followed this Smash game solely because of the possibility that one or both of those newcomers might get in
That's sad.
They were the fanbase's largest first party newcomer requests
Please don't speak for the whole fanbase. I didn't really care for either of them.
yet that got completely ignored.
K. Rool could show up or not. But you can't reallyt say it was ignored. For all you know, Sakurai could have tried to work with the characters and ultimately felt it didn't work out.
While I don't advocate the "slots" argument, effort was directed elsewhere, partially toward characters people actively did not request, as well as toward modes people inevitably will not care about after the first month or so. It's intensely frustrating, and people have every right to criticize this easily fixable flaw on the roster, as they would have had, say, Wario and Diddy not been in Brawl. You can BS "counterpoints" for them, too, you know.
People need to calm down and stop feeling so entitled. You are not developing the game, and you never were. You don't get to dictate the final roster, and project your wishlist of characters onto everyone else. When you say "the fanbase wants", what you're actually saying is YOU want. It'd be nice if people just admitted that.

Well you've been pretty active in it, so that's surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom