• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Problem with that is all "leaked" characters lead to 404 errors.
What makes a leak legit, being accurate? Even it's percision is weak (vague, little to NO specific details)? I would think validation of the source would be more defining of a leak's legitimacy.
Pretty much all validated source leaks stay away from boring the reader with HIGHLY detailed notes (ESPECIALLY telling stories). If you look at the real leaks of both Melee & Brawl, they both only were list of characters with ZERO details included.

tl;dr Don't write a novel while pulling off a "leak".

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Not so much safe, but not unpredictable. I just don't think they're WTF characters. Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men are the less safe members of the list. But, if it is just a very smart prediction maker, WFT isn't completely illogical.
They were WTF characters, you want to know how I know they were WTF characters?
Because when Wii Fit trainer was revealed, practically everyone let out a "What the ****" XD
Listen I know it's not impossible for him to have guessed that list. Some guys can just get lucky.
But just because it's possible he made that guess doesn't in any way mean it's probable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Geno is there, then it's not a leak, it's fake.

That's just the truth.

Also, people need to stop confusing "leaks" with someone getting very lucky. Seriously.

That's just not how this works. You don't go 5/6 just on guessing, especially not if you send it to someone with the pretense that it's the newcomers. You just don't, and do not entertain that possibility, or you'll make me lose even more faith in humanity than I have already. If it wasn't a leak, that guy wasn't a good guesser, he was a ****ing psychic.

And probably still is.

Last edited:

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
This is interesting… but no Shulk, Square Enix characters, and missing character pages? I don't know about this one.
That was my first thought too, but if you look the dates, the unconfirmed ones aren't all old, they are still being added as time goes on, (some as recent as January and March).
Maybe characters are added to the site upon completion, then revealed when the time is right?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If Geno is there, then it's not a leak, it's fake.

That's just the truth.

Also, people need to stop confusing "leaks" with someone getting very lucky. Seriously.

That's just not how this works. You don't go 5/6 just on guessing, especially not if you send it to someone with the pretense that it's the newcomers. You just don't, and do not entertain that possibility, or you'll make me lose even more faith in humanity than I have already. If it wasn't a leak, that guy wasn't a good guesser, he was a ****ing psychic.

And probably still is.
How easy would it be to alter/fake what appears on the archive? Is there another archive we can use to cross check? That sohuld kill it pretty fast.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
How easy would it be to alter/fake what appears on the archive? Is there another archive we can use to cross check? That sohuld kill it pretty fast.
I've been trying to figure out how, I'd assume it was like Wikipedia, and anyone could edit, but I can't find out how to.
Another observation- some characters have their Japanese names, some don't.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, the fact that all the non-revealed characters are turning up errors is a good indicator. I stand by my statement though that's it's full of BS because there's a Geno there.

Also, what in the hell is a "Trails"? If that's supposed to be Tails, I'm going to laugh so hard.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I changed the address on the Wayback to check the Australian SmashBros site. There are no links for Geno, Mewtwo, Ocelot, etc.
Going to check the other regional sites. Not on the JP, Spanish or Canadian version either. I think i'm seeing a pattern.

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Whatever happens with the Sal leak, I feel like it's one that will be talked for some time, even after it's proven true or false.

And I dont buy this new leak, personally.

Last edited:

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I changed the address on the Wayback to check the Australian SmashBros site. There are no links for Geno, Mewtwo, Ocelot, etc.
Going to check the other regional sites.
Sometimes you need to add the ":80" after "smashbros.com" to see the records (not the pages themselves).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Going to check the other regional sites. Not on the JP or Canadian version either
Well there we go. Problem solved. Damn that hacking child...trying to fool us.

Anybody know what a Rob McCann even is? Sounds hilarious.

Whatever happens with the Sal leak, I feel like it's one that will be talked for some time, even after it's proven true or false.
I've got a pretty good vibe about this one, honestly. Everything's going right with it so far, I don't see why it would turn up wrong. I guess we'll see.

If it's right, it's not going to be the NyaseNya, because honestly I feel like most are giving it the benefit of the doubt now.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
That was my first thought too, but if you look the dates, the unconfirmed ones aren't all old, they are still being added as time goes on, (some as recent as January and March).
Maybe characters are added to the site upon completion, then revealed when the time is right?
Maybe, but it's the Square Enix characters (Geno and Neku Sakuraba) that really throw me off for this leak.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
If it's fake that's one persistent child to randomly fake updates once or twice a month for almost a year, and just say something.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Going to check the other regional sites. Not on the JP, Spanish or Canadian version either. I think i'm seeing a pattern.
I checked "Characters" for the japanese version, and there's a crap ton of stuff.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Notice how only the stuff that's actually been present is listed with the "www.smashbros.com" URL but all the stuff that seems curious or unmentioned has the "www.smashbros.com:80" address? What the heck is a :80 doing at the end of it? That's not even an address.
The :80 are for records. There are :80 versions of existing pages on not just the US version ,but all versions of the site.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
A leak can come from anywhere and anyone.
I mean a Leak implies the information leaked from the source, Nintendo. Anyone can make a prediction that happens to be entirely accurate. But how did the information escape Nintendo in which it is truly a leak?
Problem with that is all "leaked" characters lead to 404 errors.
Pretty much all validated source leaks stay away from boring the reader with HIGHLY detailed notes (ESPECIALLY telling stories). If you look at the real leaks of both Melee & Brawl, they both only were list of characters with ZERO details included.

tl;dr Don't write a novel while pulling off a "leak".
Then how is it a leak and not just a "perfect bracket" prediction? I undertstand you don't write how and why you know each team will win, I just wouldn't assume you found out via time travel or by inside information of the games being rigged. A "perfect bracket" would come from logic and lucky guesses. Not inside sources. I guess I just want to know if you guys define a leak as something you know actually came from the original souce (no matter how long the grape vine) or as any info about the game known prior (which could be lucky/educated guesses)?

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
If you type old ones in with the ":80" it takes it out and sends you to the page like normal.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
Guys, my friend at Namco Bandai told me that Piccolo is in the game, but not Goku because Sakurai wants more green characters in Smash.
Fake. Piccolo would be a Yoshi clone. It's obvious Pikkon is in.

On-topic: What's the wayback machine thing for? This seems pretty intriguing, if Geno, Big Boss, Ocelot, and such are making some kind of appearance.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I checked "Characters" for the japanese version, and there's a crap ton of stuff.
I checked that. Most of it just 404's and seem to tools to layout the site.
Fake. Piccolo would be a Yoshi clone. It's obvious Pikkon is in.

On-topic: What's the wayback machine thing for? This seems pretty intriguing, if Geno, Big Boss, Ocelot, and such are making some kind of appearance.
The Wayback is to archive old and deleted web pages.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean a Leak implies the information leaked from the source, Nintendo. Anyone can make a prediction that happens to be entirely accurate. But how did the information escape Nintendo in which it is truly a leak?

Then how is it a leak and not just a "perfect bracket" prediction? I undertstand you don't write how and why you know each team will win, I just wouldn't assume you found out via time travel or by inside information of the games being rigged. A "perfect bracket" would come from logic and lucky guesses. Not inside sources. I guess I just want to know if you guys define a leak as something you know actually came from the original souce (no matter how long the grape vine) or as any info about the game known prior (which could be lucky/educated guesses)?
Look, I'm not really sure I understand what you're getting at here. Leaks clearly happen, as the Melee roster and Brawl rosters have both been completely revealed by sources outside Nintendo prior to the game's release. In here we classify a potential leak as anything seemingly presenting the final character roster, or bits and pieces of the game, before official reveal. Not just people's predictions, but potentially legitimate leaks. We get some less than savory crap in here, but it's better to keep track of everything you can than ignore a potential success.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Okay, unless I'm missing the sarcasm dripping from everyone's voices, all of you are dumb as hell if you think Kirbamus, Ocelot, Geno, Neku, "Trails", ROB ****ING MCCANN (get it? ROB?), and Ainsley(???) are legitimate characters. This is the most obvious joke leak I've ever seen. I laughed really hard at Rob McCann and expected people to do the same on this thread.

Goku ****ing confirmed. (lots of language wow sorry)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Characters like Wolf, Ike, Snake and King K. Rool are in this.

Does this actually mean anything?
Some of the dates are from 2007 and 2008. Are you sure some of these aren't from the Brawl Dojo?

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Okay, unless I'm missing the sarcasm dripping from everyone's voices, all of you are dumb as hell if you think Kirbamus, Ocelot, Geno, Neku, "Trails", ROB ****ING MCCANN (get it? ROB?), and Ainsley(???) are legitimate characters. This is the most obvious joke leak I've ever seen. I laughed really hard at Rob McCann and expected people to do the same on this thread.

Goku ****ing confirmed. (lots of language wow sorry)
Yeah, I didn't believe this one for a second, but now there seems to be some interesting stuff in the Japanese one.

I really hope it does.

Arcticbanana

Smash Rookie
I wrote on a scrap of paper once that Brash the Bear would be a cool character in Smash, but should probably be an Assist Trophy.

"People could have guessed Brash the Bear! People mentioned him!"

Siiiiiiiigh. You'd think after almost a year of this garbage, the Sal deniers would come up with better justifications for their denial.
Brash4Smash4, Brash is real 2014.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Some of the dates are from 2007 and 2008. Are you sure some of these aren't from the Brawl Dojo?
Ahh. Seems likely to me. There also the possibility it was falsely edited with characters, a la the way the US site is obviously edited, according to the wayback machine. K Rool seems interesting nonetheless. Gonna have to dig through these.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Some of the dates are from 2008. Are you sure some of these aren't from the Brawl Dojo?
Oh yeah, they are. I don't get why K. Rool is in there as well, though.

If people can edit it then I guess it's nothing.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh yeah, they are. I don't get why K. Rool is in there as well, though.
Either another fake or we've discovered another cut character.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

It seems to be using the old smash dojo as an archive as well, as sonic's article switches from the dojo to the new smash site
I'm wondering why snake's dojo article was captured on the same day as Sonic's sm4sh page.
(Last capture for snake is on the day as the first capture for sm4sh sonic.)
Edit: Wario yoshi and Zamus share this date

Edit edit: seems to say here that they update the page when changes are made...

Last edited:

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Either another fake or we've discovered another cut character.
Yep, I just checked through all 23 pages, and I can confirm most of these "returning characters" are from the old Dojo. K. Rool is indeed there, all the way back from 2007, but it's likely edited in, like Rob McCann (still lmao @ that). Funny, because I know a significant amount about HTML, and I've never tested the wayback machine for something and gotten results like this. Whatever, I guess.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
On the WFT prediction... I've always thought it could be a very very well educated guess. Based on sales and popularity of the game, someone could have taken a complete shot. Afterall, Wii Fit was very important for Wii sales, and one of their smartest hardware experiments yet. The Sal leak looks better and better, but we can't blindly believe without considering he may just be very smart and very lucky. After an AC stage in brawl and Mega Man petitions, WFT could have been added to his original six picks on a whim.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The Sal Leak... Is it really a leak? To me it's just vague, safe, so far accurate predictions. It may be accurate but not very precise... Every character on the Sal list could make it in and I'd still think it's just well done predictions, not a leak. I just think Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Pokemon all had big titles recently. I don't think anyone didn't expect to see new characters to go with them. Palutena and Chrom are obvious choices with huge followings. Animal Crossing is more abscure. But was heavily referenced in Brawl. Vaguely saying "Animal Crossing Guy" could have meant anyone; Nook, KK Slider, Villager, Resetti... Pokemon introduced like 70 new pokemon, thus "Pokemon from XY" not only covers any one of them, it's also ambiguous as Pokemon could be plural and meant the trainer would have XY starters. Little Mac and Shulk had big titles contributing to the Wii and have huge followings as well. Pacman is obvious because Namco is involved. Mii's are everywhere. Wii Fit Trainer is comparable to G&W and ROB, not because they are random and weird, but because they represent hardware. Only Chorus Men seems strange. Rosalina probably wasn't mentioned because she had little going for her; she didn't have the largest next-Mario-rep fanbase, Mario has lots of reps, and she's doesn't make many appearances as say, Bowser Jr. She wasn't a safe guess and that's probably why Sal never mentioned her. That's how it all looks to me. Don't shoot! D:
These arguments have already been shot down a mere two pages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom