• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Things this video discusses very well:

- Villager should have two genders along with Wii Fit Trainer
- Mother items return that should suggest the return of either Ness or Lucas
- Samurai Goroh assist trophy but no Falcon? Captain Falcon confirmed
- Waluigi assist trophy but no Wario? Wario confirmed
- Ice Climber enemies in 3DS Smash run mode? Ice Climbers confirmed.
- Selection of "Guess this Trophy" trophies are odd... very odd... why were they chosen out of all trophies? Newcomer hints?

Please put this in OP post. This information is critical.
I think most of us here figured this stuff out on ourselves...

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
The 3DS will load characters faster than Wii U. I dare to bet on that.
A disc drive isn't as fast as non-moving card. The 3DS having less to load on faster hardware.

I'm getting the feeling that you don't know how it works, and thinks that I'm wrong (which I still might be), without any facts (other than a separate game).

I can do some test, but I don't own a Wii or GameCube. So I can't test until next week. But one thing for sure: SSB64 loads characters faster than Brawl.
To be honest I was in a rather poor mood when I posted this, and I was harsher than intended. A migraine doesn't do much good for my mood, heh. Feel free to test it - while card's do load faster, I believe the difference between the 3DS and Wii U will be negligible - I really can't see it affecting Sakurai's decision to remove transformations one way or the other. Still, I apologize for my tone earlier, heh.

;)

Last edited:

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
It does a very nice summary of events. Because the information is scattered on other forums and 747 pages here, the video does a very good report on what many people have found.

I've been looking through these pages a while and I didn't see anyone mention Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, or the selection of odd trophies.

So saying "Many people know this information with common" is a gross overstatement.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It does a very nice summary of events. Because the information is scattered on other forums and 747 pages here, the video does a very good report on what many people have found.

I've been looking through these pages a while and I didn't see anyone mention Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, or the selection of odd trophies.

So saying "Many people know this information with common" is a gross overstatement.
Well either:
A) It was so obvious saying would be redundant
B) You didn't look hard enough
or C) You only looked at this thread and not others made to discuss things like the trophy selection or the actual Direct thread

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

I might be wrong, but that may have something to do with this thread being called 'rumours and leaks' and not 'direct speculation'.

All the points they made were already made in one thread or another. It certainly isn't important for this thread.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
The original leak from Sal Romano's source stated that 'Animal Crossing guy' would be playable. What if we had gotten Tom Nook or K.K. Slider? They are both guys from Animal Crossing (difference being they have names).

Same with X / Y Pokemon. What if we got Hawlucha, Delphox, a Pokemon Trainer who uses three X / Y Pokemon, or just simply Mega Mewtwo Y? They all fit into the category of X / Y Pokemon.

If either of these happened would the leak still be as live as it is now?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
DLC balance patches would be all I'd ever ask for.
This is so important. I know they're striving to balance the game right now, but inevitably people will find glitches or balance issues, and I hope they use DLC to fix those. New characters would be swell, but balance patches are all I really want.

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
A) It was so obvious saying would be redundant
The Ice Climbers one is incredibly hard to pick out for the frames. Let alone notice that it's out of the ordinary.

B) You didn't look hard enough
This I can accept. But I wasn't the only one that didn't see that who are currently looking at this thread. (The likes to the video post.)

or C) You only looked at this thread and not others made to discuss things like the trophy selection
I might be wrong, but that may have something to do with this thread being called 'rumours and leaks' and not 'direct speculation'.

All the points they made were already made in one thread or another. It certainly isn't important for this thread.
Ok then. This being said, is there a "direct speculation" thread with these details?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The original leak from Sal Romano's source stated that 'Animal Crossing guy' would be playable. What if we had gotten Tom Nook or K.K. Slider? They are both guys from Animal Crossing (difference being they have names).

Same with X / Y Pokemon. What if we got Hawlucha, Delphox, a Pokemon Trainer who uses three X / Y Pokemon, or just simply Mega Mewtwo Y? They all fit into the category of X / Y Pokemon.

Probably, yeah.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you can realistically expect people to look through all these pages for all the information. That's the bad thing about not allowing for topics created that exist already. You can't freakin' find anything in this mess of pages. I wish they wouldn't close stuff just because it's been talked about somewhere on in these massive forums where you can't find what you're looking for much of the time :p.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Ice Climbers one is incredibly hard to pick out for the frames. Let alone notice that it's out of the ordinary.

This I can accept. But I wasn't the only one that didn't see that who are currently looking at this thread. (The likes to the video post.)

Ok then. This being said, is there a "direct speculation" thread with these details?
There is an image clearly showing a polar bear in one of the many 3DS pictures released after the direct.
You can just go to the Direct thread to discuss speculation and there were/are numerous threads mentioning parts of the direct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Working on from the Sal leak and on the assumptions that only Squitle and Ivysaur are dropped, that gives us a 49 character Roster.

Things to note
*Rhythm Girl stands in for Rhythm Heaven character
* Newcomers (12 total) are in Green
* High risk Veterans are in Red

Personally I'd be very happy with that Smash Roster but I can't help at feel it may be a bit smaller.
I don't see mewtwo your not skeptical about mewtwo as well because of greninja are you?

That does it time to end that worry once and for all

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1970393/pokemon_in_super_smash_bros_how_theyre_selected.html

And I'm 100% sure mewtwo fits as of today and greninja does not kill him

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
If it was called Animal Crossing 'boy', which it should have been, we'd know right away that it's the Villager.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well as for the sal leak

There is 2 characters that can kill the leak if they are the last of the newcomers

And that's king k rool (kremlings are enemy's so king k rool has a good chance now)

And ridley (too much evidence proves that the shadow is yet another troll)

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

Mewtwo ain't a X/Y pkmn so that would definitely kill, a mega-evolution FS doesn't change the fact he's not a X/Y pkmn. If it was just Mewtwo X or Y as an actual character it would be legit, but that case seems impossible. A new pkmn trainer would kill as well as the leak states one pkmn. The other cases are ok though since it matches the leak precisely.

Who cares though? We currently have the situation were this leak is very likely to be true or at least the most believable one we have. Discussing what-if situations has no use atm.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Out of the millions of guess rosters someone had to get something right. Then people crowd around the lucky.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Are we still talking about the sal leak or should I just come back in a few weeks when this dies down?

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Out of the millions of guess rosters someone had to get something right. Then people crowd around the lucky.
Let's imagine for a second that likelihood was actually quantifiable - that we knew Sakurai's criteria and could feasibly create a list of characters. From what's been bounced around the internet, there might be a pool of what, 50 at a maximum? 50 characters in Nintendo's entire catalogue that hypothetically could have a chance, if we were privy to Sakurai's criteria.

So, this bloke nailed five of them. In the UK, we play a 49 ball lottery. Want to know the odds of hitting 5 of them in a row?

1 in 55,491.

That'd have to be a damn lucky guess.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo ain't a X/Y pkmn so that would definitely kill, a mega-evolution FS doesn't change the fact he's not a X/Y pkmn. If it was just Mewtwo X or Y as an actual character it would be legit, but that case seems impossible. A new pkmn trainer would kill as well as the leak states one pkmn. The other cases are ok though since it matches the leak precisely.

Who cares though? We currently have the situation were this leak is very likely to be true or at least the most believable one we have. Discussing what-if situations has no use atm.
The word 'Pokemon' is both singular and plural, so a trainer with three could arguably fit the description the leaker provided.

And I brought it up because if I was someone pretending to be a leaker, I would provide vague descriptions like 'Animal Crossing guy' and 'X/Y Pokemon' because multiple characters fit those descriptions. Therefore, there is less of a chance that my fake leek could be proven false.

Personally, though, I think the leak is more likely true than not.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I hate being the wet blanket but to play devil's advocate here, the kremlings showing up as enemies in the Smash Run only suggests that King K. Rool will appear. Doesn't mean he'll be playable. Though I wish he would be, he's one my favorite villains from Nintendo.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I still believe the Sal leak is real, but that it doesn't contain all newcomers.

It's fully possible for him to only get information on some of the roster and not all of it, and I strongly believe that's what happened here.

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
K.Rool and Mewtwo won't kill the leak. Sal never even said that that was the final list of newcomers.
Too many people are lacking in reading comprehension in this thread and it's devolved into petty arguments, off-topic direct discussion and assumption-making.

Is it possible we could put in the OP that assuming things like "Sal made up this info" is not a way to argue against a leak? Because so many of these people are going "well, he could have guessed WFT! Maybe he was being intentionally vague to keep his leak alive!". Yes, that COULD have happened, but we have no idea if we did. We're given a set amount of information, work with that.

Assuming something got you all in trouble in Brawl and it's going to again.

And onto something else, why do you people keep arguing against Sal Romano? From my POV, we have no information available to us that can deconfirm his leak other than assumptions, so read above.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Let's imagine for a second that likelihood was actually quantifiable - that we knew Sakurai's criteria and could feasibly create a list of characters. From what's been bounced around the internet, there might be a pool of what, 50 at a maximum? 50 characters in Nintendo's entire catalogue that hypothetically could have a chance, if we were privy to Sakurai's criteria.

So, this bloke nailed five of them. In the UK, we play a 49 ball lottery. Want to know the odds of hitting 5 of them in a row?

1 in 55,491.

That'd have to be a damn lucky guess.
Somebody wins the lottery.
Also, okay, even with this likely hood ****, tons were guessing Little Mac and Mega Man. He was going by the fans [if this is fake] Also, one question. If popularity doesn't matter, why the hell did they take a poll?

I don't think this leak is false. I am not saying that at all. I will probably have to use that quote again. But I don't think it's extremely absurd.
Okay, fine, we don't know Sakurai thought on how characters should get in.
But obviously importance to Nintendo has to play a part.
They are important in one way or another. Sales is one way.
Other wise Goku and Spongebob could get in.
Multiple people guess by multiple ways.
It's possible one way somebody used was Sakurai's.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Too many people are lacking in reading comprehension in this thread and it's devolved into petty arguments, off-topic direct discussion and assumption-making.

Is it possible we could put in the OP that assuming things like "Sal made up this info" is not a way to argue against a leak? Because so many of these people are going "well, he could have guessed WFT! Maybe he was being intentionally vague to keep his leak alive!". Yes, that COULD have happened, but we have no idea if we did. We're given a set amount of information, work with that.

Assuming something got you all in trouble in Brawl and it's going to again.

And onto something else, why do you people keep arguing against Sal Romano? From my POV, we have no information available to us that can deconfirm his leak other than assumptions, so read above.
While I wish I could, I can't really tell people how to argue. No matter how silly an argument is, I still can't tell people what the can say to refute a leak.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
While I wish I could, I can't really tell people how to argue. No matter how silly an argument is, I still can't tell people what the can say to refute a leak.
That's true, I just wish everyone would just leave the leak and bring it back up when something pertaining to it happens instead of trying to debunk it based off of assumptions or something.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Somebody wins the lottery.
Also, okay, even with this likely hood ****, tons were guessing Little Mac and Mega Man. He was going by the fans [if this is fake] Also, one question. If popularity doesn't matter, why the hell did they take a poll?
Man, you just don't get it. I've tried explaining it simply to you. I've spelt it out multiple times.

Sakurai's basis for inclusion is clearly based upon MULTIPLE factors, not all of which we are privy to. While many guessed at Megaman and were spot on, damn near nobody could predict WFT, ROB, G+W, etc. because we do not know what factors are taken into account by Sakurai. That is why your argument is irrelevant. You can't state who is likely because you, just like the rest of us, do not understand what goes into choosing a character fully. We didn't know why he came to choose WFT, but he did. And Sal's leak predicted it. Just like another four characters.

1 in 55,494. Yes, somebody wins the lottery. Because millions play it weekly. Are you telling me we've had leaks totalling above 1 million?

If you don't get it this time, all hope is lost.

Last edited:

Shel

Smash Cadet
Well as for the sal leak

There is 2 characters that can kill the leak if they are the last of the newcomers

And that's king k rool (kremlings are enemy's so king k rool has a good chance now)

And ridley (too much evidence proves that the shadow is yet another troll)
The only thing that can kill the leak is one of the people either not being in the game (which we won't find out until SSB3DS ships) or if one of those characters appear as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Really? With Sheik's reveal as a separate character slot (even though the two are technically the same person) I honestly count Tetra and Toon Zelda out. I mean, 3 Zelda, all in different slots? It seems a little outlandish, still possible, but unlikely in my opinion.
*shrug* I mean, if they were counted as characters last game and "Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik" was still an unused character thing then it probably isn't too farfetched a concept.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Man, you just don't get it. I've tried explaining it simply to you. I've spelt it out multiple times.

Sakurai's basis for inclusion is clearly based upon MULTIPLE factors, not all of which we are privy to. While many guessed at Megaman and were spot on, damn near nobody could predict WFT, ROB, G+W, etc. because we do not know what factors are taken into account by Sakurai. That is why your argument is irrelevant. You can't state who is likely because you, just like the rest of us, do not understand what goes into choosing a character fully. We didn't know why he came to choose WFT, but he did. And Sal's leak predicted it. Just like another four characters.

1 in 55,494. Yes, somebody wins the lottery. Because millions play it weekly. Are you telling me we've had leaks totalling above 1 million?

If you don't get it this time, all hope is lost.
Their are tons of guessing. In retrospect it was guessing, because he can say it was a leak afterwards if he got some right. Then people would believe him. Lot's would take that oppurtunity. So it comes down to how many GUESS characters. And lot's and lot's do that.
Read edited post for other points.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I wonder what would happen if Pacman was confirmed as an assist trophy... and then Gilgamesh (Tower of Druaga) or Klonoa or Lloyd was playable...

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Sakurai takes one or two characters off that poll, then puts in whatever the hell else he wants.
Yes, but it still is taken into account. Popularity has some say. Sure, some aren't popular, but plenty more are. It has to be massive coincidence for every single character in is either retro, popular, important, or made lot's of sales. Marshall would be a first. Not too popular if half the people on here didn't know him, sales, idk. Retro, no. Important, no. If he makes it, I'm wrong.

I'm turning in for tonight.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Warning Received
Their are tons of guessing. In retrospect it was guessing, because he can say it was a leak afterwards if he got some right. Then people would believe him. Lot's would take that oppurtunity. So it comes down to how many GUESS characters. And lot's and lot's do that.
Read edited post for other points.
So because you've now realized that you can't use the 'somebody wins the lottery' argument due to the lower pool of leaks compared to actual number of lottery tickets purchased, you're resorting to including guesses in the hypothetical situation that they then decide to pass it off as a leak.

Were stupidity a crime, you'd be serving a life sentence, buddy.

And even given your ridiculous argument, I can still guarantee you more tickets are bought per lottery draw than guesses have been made since SSB4's announcement.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Marshall would be a first. Not too popular if half the people on here didn't know him, sales, idk. Retro, no. Important, no. If he makes it, I'm wrong.
I think G&W and Ness were both less popular. RH has outsold Earthbound by like 30 to 1.

Popularity has never been the sole determining factor for a character's appearance in SSB.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So because you've now realized that you can't use the 'somebody wins the lottery' argument due to the lower pool of leaks compared to actual number of lottery tickets purchased, you're resorting to including guesses in the hypothetical situation that they then decide to pass it off as a leak.

Were stupidity a crime, you'd be serving a life sentence, buddy.

And even given your ridiculous argument, I can still guarantee you more tickets are bought per lottery draw than guesses have been made since SSB4's announcement.
If you can use hypothetical reasoning, so can I.
And like no troll would take that golden opportunity.
I'm sure like, thousands of guesses have been made.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok the sal rumor is very very likely if that's not the final ammount of newcomers I mean a couple of other newcomers have a extreme shot as well as the 5 there (except the rythem heaven character)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom