• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
Which is something I don't get it. Zoroark doesn't have nearly the same popularity that Lucario had. If there were to be any representative of the gen 6, I do think the most probable would actually be a Kalos Trainer.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't see why Mewtwo and Jigglypuff can't represent Gen 6. Jigglypuff for Fairy type, and Mewtwo (or even Lucario or Charizard, really) for Mega Evolutions.

That said, I'd love to see Jigglypuff get a new Final Smash based on a Fairy type move. Puff Up is kinda useless on bigger stages or with human opponents.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I don't see why Mewtwo and Jigglypuff can't represent Gen 6. Jigglypuff for Fairy type, and Mewtwo (or even Lucario or Charizard, really) for Mega Evolutions.

That said, I'd love to see Jigglypuff get a new Final Smash based on a Fairy type move. Puff Up is kinda useless on bigger stages or with human opponents.
Doesn't Jigglypuff only learn like one Fairy move?

Honestly, using Fairy type to give the Puff-schwa more relevance is reaching. You don't really encounter it much ingame, and even then it doesn't really have many Fairy moves at all. Being a three-game veteran is more significant.

For the leaks saying PT will be cut, I wouldn't be surprised if they mean the trainer is cut, along with Squirtle and Ivysaur, in favor of leaving Charizard as a standalone.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman

I agree, in fact Lucario represents a lot of gen VI being the first Mega Evolution and all that while Pokemon Trainer's current three do too since Kanto starters were given in the game. Honestly as long as Mega Evolution makes it in the game somehow, Gen VI is represented fine if we just stick with what we have.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Doesn't Jigglypuff only learn like one Fairy move?

Honestly, using Fairy type to give the Puff-schwa more relevance is reaching. You don't really encounter it much ingame, and even then it doesn't really have many Fairy moves at all. Being a three-game veteran is more significant.

For the leaks saying PT will be cut, I wouldn't be surprised if they mean the trainer is cut, along with Squirtle and Ivysaur, in favor of leaving Charizard as a standalone.
Pikachu can't learn Skull Bash after Gen 1, Thunder Jolt doesn't really exist, Zelda never used the spells in OoT, Captain Falcon's moveset was entirely made up.

Not to mention Puff Up never happens in-game, either. So I'm not worried about that. And I only mean to replace Puff Up. Pikachu has to be Gen 2 to learn Volt Tackle, meaning it can't have Skull Bash, so...

T

Trick or Treat

Pikachu can't learn Skull Bash after Gen 1, Thunder Jolt doesn't really exist, Zelda never used the spells in OoT, Captain Falcon's moveset was entirely made up.

Not to mention Puff Up never happens in-game, either. So I'm not worried about that. And I only mean to replace Puff Up. Pikachu has to be Gen 2 to learn Volt Tackle, meaning it can't have Skull Bash, so...
Can't really use Falcon, since he had to be made up. But since Pokemon have plenty of set moves there's really no reason.

To be fair, skull bashing is something anyone can do. So I don't count that.

Puff Up...that's just a weird thing. Definitely don't know what was going on there.

Zelda, not sure.

Anyway, I checked again and Puffy does learn some Fairy moves, but none really viable. Dazzling Gleam? Disarming Voice?

Sweet Kiss or Charm could kind of work. Only other one is Misty Terrain. Could be cool to cover the field in fog I guessz

Shroob

Sup?
Can't really use Falcon, since he had to be made up. But since Pokemon have plenty of set moves there's really no reason.

Puff Up...that's just a weird thing. Definitely don't know what was going on there.

Zelda, not sure.

Anyway, I checked again and Puffy does learn some Fairy moves, but none really viable. Dazzling Gleam? Disarming Voice?

Sweet Kiss or Charm could kind of work. Only other one is Misty Terrain. Could be cool to cover the field in fog I guessz
Disarming Voice and Dazzling Gleam would work, as would Moonblast even if it doesn't learn it.

Disarming Voice may be the best since Jigglypuff is best known for it's voice.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Zelda, not sure.

Well, Pikachu having Skull Bash and Volt Tackle at the same time means Jigglypuff could get something.

Wigglytuff can learn Play Rough, as well.

I don't know, I guess I just really want Jigglypuff to fire a giant **** you laser from the sky (Moonblast). :laugh:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I much prefer Pokemon Trainer get cut. The idea is nice and seems logical to represent Pokemon.

But I prefer the idea of us getting the Pokemon as individuals rather than tied to a human or together. Though I suppose a tag team Pokemon concept would be fine for a few Pokemon.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I much prefer Pokemon Trainer get cut. The idea is nice and seems logical to represent Pokemon.

But I prefer the idea of us getting the Pokemon as individuals rather than tied to a human or together. Though I suppose a tag team Pokemon concept would be fine for a few Pokemon.
I have this feeling that if PT gets cut, we'll end up getting Charizard on his own.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
It's actually a shame that they're capping 3rd party entries at 3.
Where on earth did you get that from?

---
See my biggest beef with written "leaks" is that they play it super safe. Even going as far as just listing characters most expect (some even close to every fan roster here), and cutting the ones people arent sure of because they deem it as likely. Sakurai will not be that simple to predict, there will almost assuredly be a curveball in there somewhere, and every roster so far has not come close to doing that or being bold enough to. Not that it would make it more believable, but playing it safe isnt doing them any favors if they are trying to pull one over on us.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
What date was Lucario revealed? I'm browsing through old leak threads on gamefaqs and I may have found something pretty interesting

T

Trick or Treat

Disarming Voice and Dazzling Gleam would work, as would Moonblast even if it doesn't learn it.

Disarming Voice may be the best since Jigglypuff is best known for it's voice.
I guess DV could work with someone more creative than myself behind it.

Still, my point still stands that having the Fairy type doesn't all of a sudden make Jigglypuff more relevant. Nowhere near as much as Mega Evolution in the case of Lucario, Mewtwo, and Charizard does. So a leak trying to use that isn't so farfetch'd (confirmed)

Edit: and yeah, where did the "No more than 3 third party reps" come from? I missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
According to the move's description, Disarming Voice causes emotional damage to opponents. :laugh:

That could be funny if done right. :chuckle:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Where on earth did you get that from?
I swore I read it somewhere about 3rd party characters. /shrug

See my biggest beef with written "leaks" is that they play it super safe. Even going as far as just listing characters most expect (some even close to every fan roster here), and cutting the ones people arent sure of because they deem it as likely. Sakurai will not be that simple to predict, there will almost assuredly be a curveball in there somewhere, and every roster so far has not come close to doing that or being bold enough to. Not that it would make it more believable, but playing it safe isnt doing them any favors if they are trying to pull one over on us.
I just hope I don't facepalm when the curveball is revealed...

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I just searched through the SSB4 gamefaqs board for "leak" and "info". Didn't find anything.

And the Wild Cucco Chase continues...

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
You guys suck. I've just manually gone through 500-Cucco PoTD a few pages back. No cucco leak. Others checked all pages before that. Your damn leak doesn't exist! ;)

A minor point to note, however, is that somebody pointed out a Starman charm on the Palutena link. Somebody else wrote it off as the top of a seperate charm, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The supposed Starman is the correct shape and has a set off eyes. The charm it was claimed to be the top of has wider prongs and no eyes on any of the models I can find. Not particularly relevant to debunking/confirming, but it does seem to be a minor modification/Easter egg.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I know you guys keep talking about 'safe' newcomers for leaks... Who are those specifically?

Palutena, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Mewtwo (not a newcomer but mentioned to return) and Pac Man?

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I know you guys keep talking about 'safe' newcomers for leaks... Who are those specifically?

Palutena, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Mewtwo (not a newcomer but mentioned to return) and Pac Man?
Pretty much, along with some of the main ones people want are all the ones they believe to be likely when making rosters or leaks. When they might not be, odds are we might not get every wanted or requested character. Most seem to go for the thought process of "reps" as in looking at series to see whos left to add, when who knows if sakurai would even see it that way, he could just be looking at quirky choices or new potential characters that have come into popularity since brawl instead of "which series still needs its villain or female". We just dont know, and that random factor is what makes all the lists just seem safe, if they arent going outside of peoples comfort zone IMO.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Takamaru isn't exactly a curveball...

Duck Hunt Dog on the other hand... :awesome:
Well, we did get two retros in Melee and Brawl. Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, followed by ROB and Pit (at the time).

So we may get two retros again.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
This is the Rumors/Leaks thread guys.
Ismar is my hero.
You guys suck. I've just manually gone through 500-Cucco PoTD a few pages back. No cucco leak. Others checked all pages before that. Your damn leak doesn't exist! ;)

A minor point to note, however, is that somebody pointed out a Starman charm on the Palutena link. Somebody else wrote it off as the top of a seperate charm, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The supposed Starman is the correct shape and has a set off eyes. The charm it was claimed to be the top of has wider prongs and no eyes on any of the models I can find. Not particularly relevant to debunking/confirming, but it does seem to be a minor modification/Easter egg.
I'm checking myself just to be thorough.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's true, TheFirstPoppyBro... and what's interesting is that the retro characters who are on the starter rosters (Ice Climbers, Pit) are usually the popular ones with visible moveset potential... and the unlockable retro characters (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B.) are usually out of left field with no obvious moveset potential... Takamaru fits the former and Duck Hunt Dog fits the latter.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Well, we did get two retros in Melee and Brawl. Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, followed by ROB and Pit (at the time).

So we may get two retros again.
Takamaru and Mike Jones. I have for told the future!

If we get any out if the park random yet still plausible character it will be Mike Jones. Imo

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Him and K. Rool. The term 'safe' has become a dog-whistle within this thread referring to those two villains. Those others, along with the Mii and Takamaru, are fair game, and won't net a roster that label. No one cries 'safe' for any of them, although, if you're lucky, someone will speak up and call such a roster 'disappointing.'

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I guess DV could work with someone more creative than myself behind it.
it could be her new FS. She lets out the Disarming voice and everyone is in that broken shield state and everyone loses all their held items as well. Plus Jiggles will be able to move freely right after letting out the disarming voice.

It could be like Peach's FS with the added bonus of disarming held items from all enemies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I didn't consider Villager to be a "curve-ball" newcomer. I actually expected him. Honestly the only curve-ball newcomer was the Wii Fit Trainer, well to me at least.

I consider the Pokémon Trainer to be the main character of the Pokémon Series so in my opinion, cutting him would be one of the biggest mistakes but I respect your preferences. . .
K leak time: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/237193447

Hey guys, here with some Smash Bros. Wii U / 3ds news.
I know the full roster, the game's roster was completed months ago.
Instead of revealing character names I instead have decided to just do it based on # of reps for each franchise. Also, before anyone asks, "Lul, why 4chans?" Simply put: I've been a lurker here for many years I'm anonymous.

So here goes (I'm not counting transformations as reps, if any):
>5 Mario reps
>5 Zelda reps
>5 Pokémon reps
>3 Donkey Kong reps
>3 Kirby reps
>3 Fire Emblem reps
>3 Star Fox reps
>2 Kid Icarus reps
>2 Earthbound reps
>2 Metroid reps
>2 Namco reps
>10 Solo reps

Roster is stacked. Only a few characters were cut/replaced.
2 Namco reps seems unlikely to me.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Him and K. Rool. The term 'safe' has become a dog-whistle within this thread referring to those two villains. Those others, along with the Mii and Takamaru, are fair game, and won't net a roster that label. No one cries 'safe' for any of them, although, if you're lucky, someone will speak up and call such a roster 'disappointing.'
I believe Mewtwo, and to a lesser extent, Palutena fit the criteria as well. But yes, if you have both Ridley and K. Rool on the roster, its generally automatically cried "Safe!" and ignored.

As silly as it is, a part of me honestly doesn't blame them. I'd be very surprised if we did manage to get both Ridley and K. Rool. Guess it just goes to show how low my expectations really are for this roster.

Possibly because a curveball has already been fed to us? Wii Fit Trainer certainly qualifies, and Rosalina may count to some people as well (especially to Bowser jr. and Toad fans). ROB and/or Ice Climbers being cut may count as a curveball to some people as well. Maybe leakers reasoned that there won't be anymore "out there" characters. I guess only time will tell.

K leak time: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/237193447

Hey guys, here with some Smash Bros. Wii U / 3ds news.
I know the full roster, the game's roster was completed months ago.
Instead of revealing character names I instead have decided to just do it based on # of reps for each franchise. Also, before anyone asks, "Lul, why 4chans?" Simply put: I've been a lurker here for many years I'm anonymous.

So here goes (I'm not counting transformations as reps, if any):
>5 Mario reps
>5 Zelda reps
>5 Pokémon reps
>3 Donkey Kong reps
>3 Kirby reps
>3 Fire Emblem reps
>3 Star Fox reps
>2 Kid Icarus reps
>2 Earthbound reps
>2 Metroid reps
>2 Namco reps
>10 Solo reps

Roster is stacked. Only a few characters were cut/replaced.
"(I'm not counting transformations as reps, if any)" Was this seriously part of the original post? He just stated a few lines ago that he knows the full roster, yet won't even confirm if there are any transformations? Despite the fact that transformations wouldn't even affect his rep tally in any sort of way? Really?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
2 Namco reps? Are you ****ing kidding me?

It's been stated that they will not receive any special treatment. This one's done for.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the record, has that Famitsu magazine come out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom