• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Have you guys talked about this? I don't get it. http://postimg.org/image/6f56oplrh/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68832319

Courtesy of CAW Evolution.
---Assist Trophies I'm guessing----
Tom Nook
Guts Man
Daisy
Rambi
Porky
Birdo
Phosphora
King Hippo
Toad
Prince Fluff
Impa
Dr. Eggman
----Characters I'm guessing---
Chrom
Palutena
Mii
Dixie Kong
Mega Lucario
Imajin
Pac-Man

This is the most laughable leak I have ever seen, not just about Pacman and Imajin, but "I'm Guessing?" That's stupid!

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
This is the most laughable leak I have ever seen, not just about Pacman and Imajin, but "I'm Guessing?" That's stupid!
Oh gosh, I guess I should edit that post and clarify... I added that part in :crying:

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wait, what is happening exactly? Are those predictions or a "leak"?
Leak, but since its in foreign language, Extrain translated to the best of his ability

Yeah, but I'm being totally honest with ya, Imajin and PacMan? Dead!
Since when is Pacman implausible?

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what is happening exactly? Are those predictions or a "leak"?
I'm not sure. The original gamefaqs topic is just titled "smashbros", without anything else but that link. I'm treating it as a leak because I don't know why. Whoever made that topic hasn't said anything else yet, and just made their account yesterday. I'm not sure if it's a leak or what.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Have you guys talked about this? I don't get it. http://postimg.org/image/6f56oplrh/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68832319

Courtesy of CAW Evolution.
***---Assist Trophies I'm (ME, Extrain is guessing according to the original leak after translation There is a blatant space between the two list.) guessing----***
Tom Nook
Guts Man
Daisy
Rambi
Porky
Birdo
Phosphora
King Hippo
Toad
Prince Fluff
Impa
Dr. Eggman
***----Characters I'm (ME, Extrain is guessing according to the original leak after translation) guessing---****
Chrom
Palutena
Mii
Dixie Kong
Mega Lucario
Imajin
Pac-Man

Yuck, I seriously doubt this is true and I hope it's not.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
PacMan's been disconfirmed ever since E3. Sakurai said himself that he's not giving priority to ANY Namco Bandai characters, and I'm saying this as a PacMan guy, DEAD!
Key word there. Priority does not mean automatic exclusion. It just means that there are other characters with a bigger focus. If time and Sakurai allow it, he still has a shot of being in.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
PacMan's been disconfirmed ever since E3. Sakurai said himself that he's not giving priority to ANY Namco Bandai characters, and I'm saying this as a PacMan guy, DEAD!
You gotta stop saying that. Sakurai not giving priority to something doesn't mean it's not included. He might not have given priority to a new Mario rep, but one made it because he thought she deserved to be in.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I thought his statement was to say that Namco won't be getting any special treatment just because they are co-developping Smash alongside Sora, and not that Namco (and/or Bandai) have been excluded outright for consideration from the onset.

In other words, Bandai-Namco won't be given any special consideration over other Third-Party companies - but this nonetheless doesn't mean that all consideration (for Pac-Man or any other Namco and/or Bandai property) will be cast aside.

It's been awhile since I've seen that statement, however, so perhaps I've misremembered.

EDIT: I see that others have jumped in to clarify. Seems I did remember correctly then.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'm not sure. The original gamefaqs topic is just titled "smashbros", without anything else but that link. I'm treating it as a leak because I don't know why. Whoever made that topic hasn't said anything else yet, and just made their account yesterday. I'm not sure if it's a leak or what.
Thanks, I read your subsequent posts explaining. Derp. And I agree, that seems to be an Assist Trophy and character list, with stuff like Guts Man, King Hippo and Tom Nook being there. No way Megaman, Punch-Out or Animal Crossing get a second character.

I always just assume text leaks as fake. That said, I actually like the choices for (what we assume are) Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I read your subsequent posts explaining. Derp. And I agree, that seems to be an Assist Trophy and character list.

I always just assume text leaks as fake. That said, I actually like the choices for (what we assume are) Assist Trophies.
Probably should just ignore it anyways. I just wanted it posted here just in case. It's odd that it's in image form rather than text, also rather than just typing it in a gamefaqs/4chan/etc thread to begin with. It just intrigued me is all.

T

Trick or Treat

For some strange reason, I think that Japanese list is a leak, and I don't know why but I have this weird feeling that it's legit. If not exactly, then pretty close.

Don't get me wrong, it's obviously not true, but I can't help but have that strange feeling lurking in my mind.

The apparent Assist Trophies are pretty cool, though.

Didn't you already have this conversation before?

Just because Namco isn't getting any extra priority does NOT, and let me repeat, DOES NOT, mean that Pacman is automatically disconfirmed. How many times do you have to be told before you understand that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Mega Lucario? Excuse me? like? what? Why mega Lucario when we have regular Lucario? I'd rather have Idk. Anyone else?! I'd rather them have Duncparce playable instead of Mega Lucario...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What good will it do? Sakurai won't be adding him in either way.
YOU DON'T KNOW SAKURAI.

NONE OF US KNOW SAKURAI.

He has not SPECIFICALLY said that Pac-Man will not be in the game. He's said Namco characters are not receiving top priority. That does not mean he's not giving them any priority, but Nintendo characters and more "important" third-parties (Mega Man) are more likely to get in!

I don't even care if Pac-Man's in, I want him, but I won't be disappointed if he's not in. But people who constantly shove down my throat that my wants are wrong because THEY'RE misinterpreting a quote pisses me off to high heaven. We know so little about the game, stop parading around like you're always right!

GAAAAAAAAH!

I'm sorry for yelling.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Why would Lucario and Mega Lucario be separate? It's not like Paper Mario or Toon Link, it's the exact same character with a new form, it doesn't make sense to separate the two.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Imajin would be a really weird choice. But then again, ROB and G&W were too. It would be kinda cool to have him "come back", considering he was tossed aside for Mario IIRC in SMB2.

Also, Mega Lucario?

Well, now that I think about it, he would take care of being the "Pokemon X" representative for Pokémon without needing a spot, if it was a Samus/ZSS situation. I dunno.

Probably should just ignore it anyways. I just wanted it posted here just in case. It's odd that it's in image form rather than text, also rather than just typing it in a gamefaqs/4chan/etc thread to begin with. It just intrigued me is all.
I'm glad to see ANY new "leak", considering the thread's been in kind of a lull. Embarrass

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

It might be a stretch, but Mega Lucario could possibly be a transformation, Zelda-style or via Final Smash. Some people do count those as new characters.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Why would Lucario and Mega Lucario be separate? It's not like Paper Mario or Toon Link, it's the exact same character with a new form, it doesn't make sense to separate the two.
I don't know about Mega Lucario. Edit: What Envy said.
Also those newcomers+other newcomers+brawls full roster would come out to a 46/47 roster.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mega Lucario? Excuse me? like? what? Why mega Lucario when we have regular Lucario? I'd rather have Idk. Anyone else?! I'd rather them have Duncparce playable instead of Mega Lucario...
If this leak is true, then that means Mewtwo won't be in the game, assuming Mega Lucario is the only new playable Pokemon character.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What good will it do? Sakurai won't be adding him in either way.
Alright. Let's just think this out, okay? Sakurai said that Namco wouldn't receive any special consideration, not that they wouldn't receive any consideration. So think, I mean really think, about what that means. It means that Namco won't get in over other deserving third party developers. Now, Sega and Capcom already have reps, and if Konami gets another rep it will likely be Snake. So, as of now, we have 2-3 third party reps.

Still following? Good.

We are likely to get two new third party characters in Smash 4, since we got two in Brawl (we already have one in Megaman.) Not guaranteed, but there is a good chance going by what was said and what we've seen before. Now, what company could get a rep? Most likely a Japanese company, as that's where Nintendo has it's closest business ties (and also where Sakurai has the most personal relationships with developers.) Sega, Capcom, and Konami already have reps. Who does that leave? Namco, Square-Enix, and Tecmo-Koai are the names that immediately stand out. They are the next tier of Japanese developers so to speak.

Out of those companies, the one with the closest ties to Nintendo is Namco. The most logical choice for a Namco rep is Pacman, as he is the most iconic and is the company mascot. That's not being given special consideration; that's being next in line.

So, class, if we follow this discussion logically, the most likely third party new comer in Smash 4 is _______.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He's not giving Namco priority... He never said he's no putting in a Namco character at all. If there's time Namco'll get one.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I could see Imajin being in. Mainly because I expect Sakurai to want to resurrect an old franchise, like he did with Kid Icarus. We've had all-but-forgotten characters return with an updated look in the past two Smash games. Makes sense we would get another.

It might be a stretch, but Mega Lucario could possibly be a transformation, Zelda-style or via Final Smash. Some people do count those as new characters.
That almost makes sense, but he'd have to retain the same moves and become more powerful. I guess it could be a conditional transformation, but considering Lucario still has his aura abilities from Brawl, I can't see him having two power-up mechanics.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I did a search for "Imajin" and found this (along with lots of images of an R&B group):

Bawww. Now I kinda want him in the game. :crying:

I know it's not nearly the same, but it reminds me of these two.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sakurai doesn't count Giga Bowser so I wouldn't really count FS as a new character, and I can't see it being a ZSS situation. Transformation is plausible I guess though, but that doesn't sit right with me, mostly for the reasons Badgraphics brought up.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I did a search for "Imajin" and found this (along with lots of images of an R&B group):

Bawww. Now I kinda want him in the game. :crying:

I know it's not nearly the same, but it reminds me of these two.
You brought up Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

You get ALL the love.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sega would definitely be owned by Nintendo not Disney, although Nintendo teaming up with them for mushroom kingdom hearts would be cool. That Yoshi rumor, I'll stay up to debunk it myself, as for the CAW rumor, Injamin is a strange choice but interesting...

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Sega would definitely be owned by Nintendo not Disney, although Nintendo teaming up with them for mushroom kingdom hearts would be cool. That Yoshi rumor, I'll stay up to debunk it myself, as for the CAW rumor, Injamin is a strange choice but interesting...
Let's be honest here

Yoshi isn't going to be revealed tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom