• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So that one for the direct tomorrow is fake now right? good. I don't want Shulk this month or next month. Not when theres someone with green hair waiting to be announced.

Fur is hair.
Note: My initial concept for this joke was to include a furry version of Yoshi, but Google misinterpreted by request...

What is the topic?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Let's not forget Yae from Mystical Ninja Goemon. Anyhow, as far as leaks go, I think we need to have a tier for these stupid things. Plausible, skeptical, and just plain bad. Only the plausible ones go on the OP. Though there needs to be a Hall of Shame for the serial offenders.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
You are all wrong!!! Karis is the only green haired one! (I've only played this game for a total of 30 minutes)

On topic: So are we within the 3 month period of legit leaks? Even though theres no release date I think the game is coming sooner than we think.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
You are all wrong!!! Karis is the only green haired one! (I've only played this game for a total of 30 minutes)

On topic: So are we within the 3 month period of legit leaks? Even though theres no release date I think the game is coming sooner than we think.
Hard to say Cap'n. Depends really, I would love it to be so. We haven't seen that leak of questionable taste, but solid evidence backing it.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
[quote="Cap'nChreest, post: 16487334, member: 202917"
On topic: So are we within the 3 month period of legit leaks? Even though theres no release date I think the game is coming sooner than we think.[/quote]
Why do you think we are getting the game sooner than we think Cap'n? Please explain for my brain.

*EDIT: Lmao, I messed up the quote so bad.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
[quote="Cap'nChreest, post: 16487334, member: 202917"
It just seems like we are getting it June-July. So I guess this would be like 4-5 months before release not 3. I think Nintendo would benefit by releasing the game sooner rather than later. Especially if they give the release date at E3. The leaks I think around this time would signify something true depending on when the release actually is.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68806027
Unannounced Newcomers
Ridley
Chrom
Toad
Mewtwo
Impa
Mii
Pac-Man
Takamaru
Dixie Kong
Shulk
Unannounced Assist Trophies
Metroid
Owain
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Funky Kong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Metroid
Prince Fluff
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Excitebike
Jill
Magnus
Mach Rider
Duck Hunt Dog
I'm not gonna say how or when I got this info, but I can confirm that all of these will be in the game as Playable and ATs.

You know what to do!
Duck Hunt Dog as Assist trophy? I can live with that. I just want the dog to participate in the action in Smash.

I like the selection of newcomers here... Toad, Dixie Kong, Mii, Pac-Man, and Impa.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I just don't see Toad being a fighter. He's playable in a couple of games, yeah, but mostly his species is used as generic npc filler in the RPGs and the like.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I just don't see Toad being a fighter. He's playable in a couple of games, yeah, but mostly his species is used as generic npc filler in the RPGs and the like.
Especially since he was basically debunked by Sakurai in the picture of Peach holding Toad. It's really hard for me to believe in any leak that has him as an actual character after that.

Especially since he was basically debunked by Sakurai in the picture of Peach holding Toad. It's really hard for me to believe in any leak that has him as an actual character after that.
Sakurai does have a habit of hiding things in plain sight, though. I still remember when he showed us the adventure mode R.O.B.s long before the playable version was revealed.

Zynux

Smash Lord
MisterVideoGaming said:
Don't buy it.

Can't see Toad happening anymore. Rosalina is already stretching it as it is for the Mario reps, having Toad on top would just be too much.

And Impa? Really? Out of all the choices for Zelda characters? We already have 5 movesets for the Zelda, and have the entire Triforce wielders (AKA the main and only important characters of the franchise, everyone else is pretty forgettable and throwaway) represented one way or another. I personally still believe that even Toon Link is really stretching it, and they want me to believe that will be another rep? Impa, of all characters? Sorry, I just can't buy it. Seriously, there is no need for another Zelda character.

Dixie Kong over K. Rool? An unfortunate scenario that I can actually see happening.

Not even going to go into what I think on Miis and Pac-Man...

Also, GG in mentioning Metroid twice and putting Skull Kid in the "unannounced" section.

All in All, dead on arrival IMO.

Sad that all the leaks seem to come from either 4chan or gamefaqs.

We need another one from Neogaf...

After the Alfonzo scenario, this argument doesn't hold much water anymore. I should note that I'm not a supporter of Toad, but this argument literally means nothing now. Especially since Toad are a species.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Topic for discussion...are there any old "leaks" you'll measure new ones up to so as to find similarities and differences between them?

Thus far, beyond specific details that I'll go back and check when they come up (e.g. "Ashley is an AT"), I check new "leaks" up against the E3 one, the Palutena one, the Alleged Brawl Leaker one, and the new Mario Kart one claiming 48 characters and 4 cut veterans. Not that I believe or disbelieve any "leaks" based on their fulfillment or violation of those four, but they're the ones I personally keep in the back of my mind as possibilities.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
On that subject, I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this yet, but...

MK8 roster: 48 characters, 4 cuts.

Betternet roster: 48 characters (counting transformations and Lucina), 4 cuts.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Has this reddit leak been discussed yet?
''Take with pound o salt.

Newcomers
-Chrom
-King k rool
-Ridley
-Isaac
-Shulk
-Chibi Robo
-Takamaru
-Ghiriahim
-Palutena

Assist Trophies
-Mii
-Drake Redcrest
-Anthony Higgs
- Hades
- Owain
- Cranky Kong
- Angry Sun
''

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
On that subject, I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this yet, but...

MK8 roster: 48 characters, 4 cuts.

Betternet roster: 48 characters (counting transformations and Lucina), 4 cuts.
Nope.

35 veterans not counting transformations - 4 veterans + 5 confirmed newcomers + 8 unconfirmed newcomers not counting transformations = 44 characters

39 veterans counting transformations - 7 veterans + 5 confirmed newcomers + 12 newcomers (counting Lucina and three new Pokemon) = 49 characters (47 if Pokemon Trainer gets his own moveset)

It seems as though you arrived at 48 by not counting Ike, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake as cuts from the first of my two equations.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Has this reddit leak been discussed yet?
''Take with pound o salt.

Newcomers
-Chrom
-King k rool
-Ridley
-Isaac
-Shulk
-Chibi Robo
-Takamaru
-Ghiriahim
-Palutena

Assist Trophies
-Mii
-Drake Redcrest
-Anthony Higgs
- Hades
- Owain
- Cranky Kong
- Angry Sun
''
eugh.. those are the worst assist trophy selections ever, also I think the Zelda cast has what it needs,no more Zelda newcomers.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I can see toon zelda making the cut. She was planned for brawl. Lots if not all the planned characters we have heard about eventually made it.

Although I'm not sold on minun and plusle

kataridragon

Smash Ace
If I had my way and could put in one more zelda character it would be demise. He is pretty rad and super evil looking. I wouldn't even be mad if the ditched Ganondorf to bring him
Into the fray instead.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Well the pic of the day pretty much proves that there will be more then 31 characters in the game. does this disprove any leaks? (or atleast 22.5 but you get the point)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
After the Alfonzo scenario, this argument doesn't hold much water anymore. I should note that I'm not a supporter of Toad, but this argument literally means nothing now. Especially since Toad are a species.
Pardon me for asking, but what's the Alfonzo Scenario? :p I honestly have no idea.

Pardon me for asking, but what's the Alfonzo Scenario? :p I honestly have no idea.
Most of us thought Toon Link was retired because he appeared in the background of the Spirit Train stage. But it turns out that TL is playable, and if you use him on the Spirit Train, Alfonzo takes his place in the background instead. It opens the door for other such things happening with, say, Ridley being both an obstacle on Pyrosphere and also playable.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Alfonzo or not, I see no good reason why the animation for another character's move would change if another character was being played at the time.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alfonzo or not, I see no good reason why the animation for another character's move would change if another character was being played at the time.
Yeah, it's an unlikely scenario.

Although to be fair slapping a stache and a bow tie on said move and giving it a colour swap doesn't change the animation. Very unlikely still.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Technically because there's no PoD on weekends so it would be more like 20-25 pictures a month.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
People are claiming there's a blurred corner. I can't seem to see it. What is that about?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not blurred, it's the smoke from Luigi's side special.

fill

20EggsEggs
Sakurai said we havent seen any final smash's yet, but he already showed us WFT, unless he means in PotD. I feel like he's about to start showing us final smash's which could help out with some leaks. But also now we are going to start getting final smash info in new leaks lol.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Yeah, I think he just meant Final Smashes for the current characters shown, which would take a little over a month. I'm guessing the main reason we haven't seen any is because they would be undergoing heavy play testing and balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom