• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Even if the rumor was technically incorrect because three were missing, that does not mean that the person did not know the roster. *(The person could have known that Sakurai was going to make intro videos to three out of those six, but possibly was not clued in on which specific three).

There is a big Mii stage as well as what looks like another Mii stage with a boss (or it could be an adventure mode type deal). So Mii very well could be playable.

Pac-Man just seems obvious. An icon in the gaming world. And it helps that the company working on Smash created Pac-Man. It might make the licensing and development of the character much smoother.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
My theory on the E3 leak is this:

I think, at some point, Nintendo was indeed on planning to unveil all six of those characters at E3. But, due to circumstances, plans were changed and Mac, Pac, and Mii were held off.

My assumption here is that the leaker saw the outdated planning documents and leaked that to salromano without realizing things changed. I'm certain we'll be seeing Pac-Man and Mii at some point.

If you ask me, Pac and Mii kinda remind me of R.O.B. They're not the most popular choices around here, but the sad thing is, they probably make more sense to add than over half the characters we want, haha.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It said 6 characters would be shown at E3. 3 were. 1 was shown not at E3, and he trailer had Dedede in it, so it wasn't planed for E3. They wouldn't dd a new clip and make more Doc comments for no reason. Debunked.
the segment for dedede was literally 5 seconds with him doing nothing but missing attacks and getting jabbed, Any big character could've taken his spot with no impact on the trailer. Same with the marth and pikmin stages, they were all generic and could be in different areas or with different characters.

The leak never directly mentioned that they were all for sure to appear at e3, it was posted in a e3 speculation thread with the person who posted it later saying his source stated those 6 would appear barring impromptu change, You have no idea what happened behind the scenes, so don't assume things.

Like i said before, even if you debunk this leak, Mii and Pac man will still be in the game if they are still planned for the game. You have no proof that the 6 characters he listed won't be in the game, just like i have no proof the last two will.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'll just say this much: Just because the leak got the first 3 correct and technically Little Mac (though not at E3), it doesn't mean the rest is automatically right. The fact of the matter is he did get the placement of Little Mac and the other two's reveal wrong and that can carry to the status of the other two newcomers. It's entirely possible that these 6 characters will be playable, but at the same time we can't treat it as fact that they're already in when said rumor predicting them did get something wrong to begin with.

People are misunderstanding Sakurai when he says "he's not going to cut any characters out of the way". He's saying going into development, he isn't going to determine right then and there which character aren't coming back. It depends on dev time. New characters, and staples get priority, anybody else depends on dev time.
Possibly yes, just because he has no cuts at that current time doesn't mean that cuts aren't a dark possibility to consider. We are getting a large roster and even with the large team they have and the more time to utilize it, there still remains that possibility that some will go. Hopefully they won't, but it's better to brace yourself for disappointment then blindly ignore it and have it bite you back for it later.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
And really, there is no way he could of guessed Wii Fit Trainer. You just can't, regardless of Wii Fit's success.

The only way it could possibly be fake would be if the leaker did in fact know the first three characters, but decided to throw in the other three to mess with people. But if you ask me, he would done that by including truly nonsensical choices like Tharja, Bayonetta, Master Chief, stuff like that.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
And really, there is no way he could of guessed Wii Fit Trainer. You just can't, regardless of Wii Fit's success.

The only way it could possibly be fake would be if the leaker did in fact know the first three characters, but decided to throw in the other three to mess with people. But if you ask me, he would done that by including truly nonsensical choices like Tharja, Bayonetta, Master Chief, stuff like that.
Since when is Bayonetta nonsensical?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Bayonetta's very nonsensical. Difficult to adapt to Smash while remaining true to the character and virtually no significant presence on Nintendo systems.

Wii Fit Trainer was guessable. A very unlikely guess, to be sure, but still guessable.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
the segment for dedede was literally 5 seconds with him doing nothing but missing attacks and getting jabbed, Any big character could've taken his spot with no impact on the trailer. Same with the marth and pikmin stages, they were all generic and could be in different areas or with different characters.

The leak never directly mentioned that they were all for sure to appear at e3, it was posted in a e3 speculation thread with the person who posted it later saying his source stated those 6 would appear barring impromptu change, You have no idea what happened behind the scenes, so don't assume things.

Like i said before, even if you debunk this leak, Mii and Pac man will still be in the game if they are still planned for the game. You have no proof that the 6 characters he listed won't be in the game, just like i have no proof the last two will.
I think Mii and Pac Man have a chance. And a bigger one than some other requests i've seen. But I don't think so because of this leak.

There is absolutely no point in changing the scenes a bit. Literally none. I mean, why?

He said his predictions on an E3 topic. It is implied he meant at E3.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

He said unlikely predictions not THIS IS WHAT I KNOW BECAUSE THIS IS A LEAK.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even if the rumor was technically incorrect because three were missing, that does not mean that the person did not know the roster. *(The person could have known that Sakurai was going to make intro videos to three out of those six, but possibly was not clued in on which specific three).

There is a big Mii stage as well as what looks like another Mii stage with a boss (or it could be an adventure mode type deal). So Mii very well could be playable.

Pac-Man just seems obvious. An icon in the gaming world. And it helps that the company working on Smash created Pac-Man. It might make the licensing and development of the character much smoother.
Like I said, as far as facts are concerned, the rumour is completely false because an important part was wrong.
What the circumstances were or why he was half-right is not known, and what you believe is your opinion.

My personal belief, for example, is that the other three characters were guesses added to make the rumour more believable or interesting. Think about it:

We got five newcomers at E3 for Brawl, all of which were highly requested, and one was a huge surprise, Snake. Then, at SSB4's reveal, we get one universally requested character, Mega Man, over moderately, Villager, and one crazy unexpected choice, Wii Fit Trainer.

Who would believe him based on previous facts? Naturally, his plan is to add another highly requested character, Little Mac, and two more logical choices (Pacman due to Namco, Mii do to everything) that would not only add insane fuel to internet speculation when E3 was so close, but also raise awareness because of the controversial character choices.

But I do not consider this evidence of fact.

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
Guys, get over this discussion already. It's quite clear the leak did have a crazy guess in WFT, but he missed on the other three, to be at E3. This kind of thing does disqualify his leak, yeah, but not entirely, so let's leave the way it is, and wait to see. I really hope that it is fake, for the sake of not having a Mii on Smash Bros, but who knows...

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Bayonetta's very nonsensical. Difficult to adapt to Smash while remaining true to the character and virtually no significant presence on Nintendo systems.

Wii Fit Trainer was guessable. A very unlikely guess, to be sure, but still guessable.
How was WFT guessable? This is one VERY unlikely character, considering the fact that there are other characters that are more recognizable and have a more action based background.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I think Mii and Pac Man have a chance. And a bigger one than some other requests i've seen. But I don't think so because of this leak.

There is absolutely no point in changing the scenes a bit. Literally none. I mean, why?

He said his predictions on an E3 topic. It is implied he meant at E3.

There are multiple factors that could've gone into the gameplay scenes of the little mac trailer, you don't know if Sakurai wanted Dedede over bowser in the wrestling ring because bowser is in a later scene and Dedede has been fought by kirby in a wrestling ring, you don't know if he just happened to lose scenes or just wanted to rerecord them just because, don't go into that point like it means anything.

Implied=/=outright saying

He said unlikely predictions because he questioned the credibility, have you been paying attention to this leak at all?

I'm not arguing that this leak is legit, btw, I'm just arguing against your incredibly narrow minded logic.
and like i said before, Not all leaks are 100% accurate

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Who would believe any of those characters? He would've thrown in those characters to make the rumour more believable, since just those three would've been underwhelming to someone on the internet.

@ Fawke83 Fawke83 OH SNAP! Sass!

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Like I said, as far as facts are concerned, the rumour is completely false because an important part was wrong.
What the circumstances were or why he was half-right is not known, and what you believe is your opinion.

My personal belief, for example, is that the other three characters were guesses added to make the rumour more believable or interesting. Think about it:

We got five newcomers at E3 for Brawl, all of which were highly requested, and one was a huge surprise, Snake. Then, at SSB4's reveal, we get one universally requested character, Mega Man, over moderately, Villager, and one crazy unexpected choice, Wii Fit Trainer.

Who would believe him based on previous facts? Naturally, his plan is to add another highly requested character, Little Mac, and two more logical choices (Pacman due to Namco, Mii do to everything) that would not only add insane fuel to internet speculation when E3 was so close, but also raise awareness because of the controversial character choices.

But I do not consider this evidence of fact.
Well it would not be completely false, because it got three right. Villager was deconfirmed by Sakurai for Brawl for not fitting Smash and no one mentioned Wii Fit Trainer ever.

I am deciding to take the other three as very likely. Didn't the big pokemon rumor, get one thing wrong. But almost everything else was correct. That does not mean the rumor was completely debunked.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'll just say this much: Just because the leak got the first 3 correct and technically Little Mac (though not at E3), it doesn't mean the rest is automatically right. The fact of the matter is he did get the placement of Little Mac and the other two's reveal wrong and that can carry to the status of the other two newcomers. It's entirely possible that these 6 characters will be playable, but at the same time we can't treat it as fact that they're already in when said rumor predicting them did get something wrong to begin with.

Possibly yes, just because he has no cuts at that current time doesn't mean that cuts aren't a dark possibility to consider. We are getting a large roster and even with the large team they have and the more time to utilize it, there still remains that possibility that some will go. Hopefully they won't, but it's better to brace yourself for disappointment then blindly ignore it and have it bite you back for it later.
You're misunderstanding me, I AGREE with you. That post was for people who claim we are guaranteed not to have cuts. If that were the case, Sakurai would not apologize in advance.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Ridley wouldn't necessarily use his Other M design. Just look at Princess Zelda.

When Ridley joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of being big. Alfonzo: 'Leave it to me!'
Zelda has her Twilight Princess design, just like Link. This only adds to Ridley having his Other M design like Samus.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This. This this this.

Zage

Smash Journeyman

I think that just proves that you don't know the full story then, that user received a "anonymous tip" two days before E3 stating that those characters are going to be revealed for Smash brothers.
And in lieu of posting on his website and risk being called out if turns out to be fake, he decided to just post it on Neogaf instead.

Is it really that hard to just look at the facts, this is like the ChaosZero leak all over again.

andimidna

Smash Master
Did you see how late his comment was posted? That's way too late to cut everything your showing in half. Considering how equally we saw of every character and stage shown, I doubt there was any unused footage.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
There are multiple factors that could've gone into the gameplay scenes of the little mac trailer, you don't know if Sakurai wanted Dedede over bowser in the wrestling ring because bowser is in a later scene and Dedede has been fought by kirby in a wrestling ring, you don't know if he just happened to lose scenes or just wanted to rerecord them just because, don't go into that point like it means anything.

Implied=/=outright saying

He said unlikely predictions because he questioned the credibility, have you been paying attention to this leak at all?

I'm not arguing that this leak is legit, btw, I'm just arguing against your incredibly narrow minded logic.
and like i said before, Not all leaks are 100% accurate
"My unlikely predictions: Little Mac, Pac-Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii." That's it. If implied doesn't mean likely in my statement, it doesn't in your's either. It is implied.
Not even that. I thought at first he said it was a leak. He just got a random tip off? That can be guessing.
Yes you don't know if he changed it to Dedede on purpose. You also don't know if he just planned it to be on Febuary. Anybody can do the you don't know if he game.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You're misunderstanding me, I AGREE with you. That post was for people who claim we are guaranteed not to have cuts. If that were the case, Sakurai would not apologize in advance.
I actually meant to say I was agreeing with you as well but obviously that didn't come through in the post.

I also think we're letting ourselves get a bit too comfortable when it comes to cuts as along with what you said two of them getting by doesn't mean that the others will, we didn't expect Falco to make it in over Mewtwo but that's what happened last time and a similar situation can happen here.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's been edited out of the post. :glare:
Oh, hey, so it has. Maybe he found out the evidence he had didn't work? Maybe he was messing with us? I dunno. But two people quoted that part, so we know he said it. :p

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
"My unlikely predictions: Little Mac, Pac-Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii." That's it. If implied doesn't mean likely in my statement, it doesn't in your's either. It is implied (Not even that. I thought at first he said it was a leak. Now that I found it, he doesn't even say it like a leak. It was guessing.)

Yes you don't know if he changed it to Dedede on purpose. You also don't know if he just planned it to be on Febuary. Anybody can do the you don't know if he game.
He mentions ln later articles that he questioned his source and that's why he didn't post it as a leak, and rather as an "unlikely prediction". There's more than just that post to this, and you are completely ignoring that.

Exactly, there's no proof either way in the argument, so arguing it one way or the other is stupid and pointless, calling out people on believing a "debunked" leak is foolish, and the reason i ever replied in the first place was to prevent further ignorance.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
How was WFT guessable? This is one VERY unlikely character, considering the fact that there are other characters that are more recognizable and have a more action based background.
Wii Fit was one of the defining titles of the Wii and Sakurai loves his surprise picks.

Like I said, she's an incredibly unlikely guess, but people need to stop saying that there was flat-out absolutely no way that she could have been guessed.

He probably did have some information about WFT from a source at the convention, but we need to quash the idea that WFT was simply impossible to predict.

Last edited:

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
I took out of my post because it isn't exactly proof - just a trustful friend of mine who said it was fake, but he said he couldn't give details.

Besides, everybody has been trying to debunk that leak, I don't doubt anything right now. Palutena is gonna be playable, almost certain of that (not to mention the possibility of another character from Kid Icarus).

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
He mentions ln later articles that he questioned his source and that's why he didn't post it as a leak, and rather as an "unlikely prediction". There's more than just that post to this, and you are completely ignoring that.

Exactly, there's no proof either way in the argument, so arguing it one way or the other is stupid and pointless, calling out people on believing a "debunked" leak is foolish, and the reason i ever replied in the first place was to prevent further ignorance.
Fine. But it is as debunked as any other rumor. You don't know if could work on any. We could undebunk alot of the debunked rumors. But people are determined to keep this alive. It's as debunked as several other rumors. But we toss them aside.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wii Fit was one of the defining titles of the Wii and Sakurai loves his surprise picks.

Like I said, she's an incredibly unlikely guess, but people need to stop saying that there was flat-out absolutely no way that she could have been guessed.

He probably did have some information about WFT from a source at the convention, but we need to quash the idea that WFT was simply impossible to predict.
Ok, thats true, but I the same time I dont want people saying it was obvious or it was going to happen. Smash Bros is a roller coaster of Sakurai's Special Remedy Soup of Nonsense, and the fact that someone mentioned WFT gives him some increased credibility.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So. Are there any NEW Rumors around here lately? This E3 rumor seems to only cause arguments and whatnot.
Tons, but all nonsense. The E3 rumor is so enduring in discussion because it actually has some weight, unlike somebody coming on here and saying "K. Rool and Ridley are in and we won't get ________" with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

andimidna

Smash Master
To me, it looks like he just wanted those 6 characters, but he knew that it was unlikely. And when 3 were right and people were replying to him like he was some sort of Sakurai in disguise, he decided he could make it a convincing leak. And it was convincing. But made up after the fact he got half right. And now that the most obvious of the 6 has been confirmed, people are suddenly believing all of these weird scenarios where he's some sort of respectable journalist trying to keep credibility... wtf?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I took out of my post because it isn't exactly proof - just a trustful friend of mine who said it was fake, but he said he couldn't give details.
Ah, I see. You were right not to take his word as proof, I think. Unless he can give details on how the fake was created, I wouldn't believe him either.

Besides, everybody has been trying to debunk that leak, I don't doubt anything right now. Palutena is gonna be playable, almost certain of that (not to mention the possibility of another character from Kid Icarus).
Yeah. If it isn't Lady Palutena, it'll probably be someone like Magnus.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even without the rumour, Pacman is very unlikely. Mainly because the only reason people consider him likely, Namco Bandai, has been contradicted by what Sakurai himself has said.

"Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case. In the last game, when we added Sonic and Snake, there were lots of different hoops to jump through as far as getting approvals and making sure all the parties involved were happy with the way things went. You can consider it a very special circumstance for that to happen. Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling. It’s much tougher than people can imagine. I know lots of people have requests and their own ideas about third-party characters that would work, but I want people to understand that adding a third-party character like Mega Man is a very special situation." - From an IGN review of Sakurai, found here.

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
For me, all leaks so far are fake, and probably all will be, until like, three or four months up to the release of the game. They kind of ignore many of Sakurai tendencies, going too much, sometimes, for fanservice.

Last edited:

Fawke83

Smash Rookie
Ah, I see. You were right not to take his word as proof, I think. Unless he can give details on how the fake was created, I wouldn't believe him either.

Yeah. If it isn't Lady Palutena, it'll probably be someone like Magnus.
My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom