• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Exposure Stream Opening on September 13th ft. RelaxAlax as co-host! (Sept. 12th ~6PM EST!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

LiL Hobbes

Smash Cadet
And I don't know if you saw in another Japan release thread but here's what I'd like. I'd love to see some gameplay for Smash Run using Link. Also it would be nice to see online Smash Run and how that'll work. Oh, and what about local multiplayer if you have an extra 3DS (do both people need the game or can one host and the game just has limitations). Haha oh and unboxing and startup icon on the top screen in the 3DS menu. Thanks!!! So Hyped!!!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Actually, yeah, come to think of it, it's gonna take some getting used to when each player has their own individual screen, huh? Hopefully multiplayer stuff makes sense.

EDIT: I'd love to say I could watch the stream and participate on launch day and such, but by the time Smash 3DS comes out, I might not have access to a computer. My old blackberry is fine for forums and youtube videos, but it can't handle streaming video. The video codecs and browser and stuff are way too outdated, you see, and it doesn't have enough RAM. Heck, even Smashboards crashes my phone at times.

BUT, if I can find a computer when the time is right, you can be sure I'll join you guys as much as possible! Here's hoping.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
What would be the bomb would be if by a stroke of luck you were one of the first people to unlock something hype, on the stream

could happen.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
@Zipzo Do you and/or Alax know some Japanese? If not, there's always the nice weeaboos in the chat willing to translate.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I live in Taiwan which is only one hour early than Japan, I am really looking forward to watch this stream, and I will see this first when the game comes out.

September 13 2014:Let's battle!!!!

Last edited:

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
One thing you should have on hand is a strategy guide for the game, in case the ENTIRE roster is announced right away, instead of gradually (if it hasn't been, by then), and so the walkthrough is a LOT smoother, instead of getting filled with guesswork.

D

Deleted member 245254

@Zipzo Do you and/or Alax know some Japanese? If not, there's always the nice weeaboos in the chat willing to translate.
I know Japanese, although I'm not entirely concerned that it will be a big deal for viewers who don't.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know Japanese, although I'm not entirely concerned that it will be a big deal for viewers who don't.
The watchets are from all over the world, and this is a Smash Bros Live stream, it is okay if some if the viewers don't get it.
And I want to play smash bros with you @Zipzo
Here is my friend code:1521-3033-2948

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Talked about a ton of stuff with Alax on stream tonight to a handful (most of the time less) of viewers to test out the new and improved overlay, and discuss the stream! For those who didn't get to see it, here it is!

Last edited by a moderator:

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Looks great! :D

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This is a great idea! While it's not exactly for me (I'll have the Japanese version at the time and will be playing it myself), I'll share this link with my brothers who don't have Japanese 3DSes. Heck, I could wind up watching it when I'm studying.

D

Deleted member 245254

To the users who have JP 3DS and are talking about downloading the game at 12:00am JST...the JP eshop updates at 10AM daily, which means you are only capable of starting your download at the same time anyone else is allowed to get in to the actual stores to get their hard copy.

Sorry :( @ Phaazoid Phaazoid

D

Deleted member 245254

Do me a favor and save any important broadcasts if you can. Every time I get the email that says you're live, it's 3 am.
Those streams that I've been doing lately have not been meant to be attended, they have been just tests for the overlay, my mic and camera, technical stuff. You aren't missing anything, no worries :p

That's why I've been doing them at low traffic hours.

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
I'm looking forward to watching the stream!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I am now taking applications for guest appearances!

This is not a highly strict process, but essentially I'm looking for folks of the talkative variety who would like to come on and sort of make our discussion a round table for a few minutes here and there on a certain topic. Topic will be decided beforehand, and it should be relevant to the competitive approach of Smash 4. Im hoping for a few high profile guest stars to get back to me but some "normal" players would be ideal too :).

Send me a message or just post here what you would like to talk about and your thoughts on it and me and Alax can evaluate what would be a good idea to have on stream!
If you're still doing this...

I would like to talk about whatever topics you have. The main strengths I have is that I do have a lot experience with how Super Smash Bros. works. I would like to talk about is the prospect of speculation and ultimately what it has resulted in for better or worse, due to me being there since the beginning. I would also like to talk about how Smash Wii U/3DS will evolve over the years and how the metagame will ultimately form. Like I don't believe it's automatically going to collapse due to the lack of L-cancelling, but I can see something more healthy out come of these games then Brawl and in some aspects Melee.

Consider me if you feel like it or not.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
To the users who have JP 3DS and are talking about downloading the game at 12:00am JST...the JP eshop updates at 10AM daily, which means you are only capable of starting your download at the same time anyone else is allowed to get in to the actual stores to get their hard copy.

Sorry :( @ Phaazoid Phaazoid
I seem to have completely missed the notification for this post, weird.

So basically I have to wait until 10pm EST instead of noon EST?

Eh, that sucks, but I can suck up 10 extra hours. It's a drop in the bucket compared to the year+ since E3 last year. Also it means we'll be starting around the same time, so we can all discover stuff at the same time instead of you getting a 10 hour handicap. It really will be a race to see who unlocks what first =D

Edit: I'm actually reading different reports that retail games usually update at midnight, whereas other stuff updates at 10 am. I'm not sure which is right at this point, I'm having a hard time tracking down actual information on this. Still, thanks for the warning.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I'd really want to chat with you guys, but I doubt anyone watching would like to hear a 16 year old's opinion because "they don't understand the competitive scene" (which tbh I don't really care that much about anyways) plus iunno if my AP classes are gonna bite me in the arse that weekend anyways.

Sometimes I wish I was atleast 2 years older so I can hang out with the kewl kidz

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
I'd really want to chat with you guys, but I doubt anyone watching would like to hear a 16 year old's opinion because "they don't understand the competitive scene" (which tbh I don't really care that much about anyways) plus iunno if my AP classes are gonna bite me in the arse that weekend anyways.

Sometimes I wish I was atleast 2 years older so I can hang out with the kewl kidz
Nothing wrong with being 16 man, I'd love to hear your opinion! (But then again, I'm only 13, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter either T_T)

Either way, many people here on Smashboards have told me things like "You don't have to be over 18 to compete with them! Anyone can compete" and things like that so I'm sure you're fine.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I seem to have completely missed the notification for this post, weird.

So basically I have to wait until 10pm EST instead of noon EST?

Eh, that sucks, but I can suck up 10 extra hours. It's a drop in the bucket compared to the year+ since E3 last year. Also it means we'll be starting around the same time, so we can all discover stuff at the same time instead of you getting a 10 hour handicap. It really will be a race to see who unlocks what first =D

Edit: I'm actually reading different reports that retail games usually update at midnight, whereas other stuff updates at 10 am. I'm not sure which is right at this point, I'm having a hard time tracking down actual information on this. Still, thanks for the warning.
From all that I've seen and read from other big releases (X/Y, etc.) JPN eshop releases retail games at midnight JST just like here. What Zipzo is saying sounds more like the equivalent of the Thursday eshop updates for NA.

but if Zipzo is right I will cry.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
From all that I've seen and read from other big releases (X/Y, etc.) JPN eshop releases retail games at midnight JST just like here. What Zipzo is saying sounds more like the equivalent of the Thursday eshop updates for NA.

I was getting that vibe too from what I looked up

I hope you're right otherwise that Friday will be excruciating xD

D

Deleted member 245254

It's possible that special releases may be tailored to a midnight release schedule! The only game I'm even considering buying from the Eshop in order to play early is Smash so I don't have any past experience with Eshop updates to be able to say for sure.

The way I see it is that putting it on the Eshop at midnight could be seen as a disadvantage to certain players, so it makes more sense to keep the playing field even in letting everyone get it at the same time. That was my logic but hopefully YOU are right! Heh.

Soul.

Talked about a ton of stuff with Alax on stream tonight to a handful (most of the time less) of viewers to test out the new and improved overlay, and discuss the stream! For those who didn't get to see it, here it is!

That looks great. Maybe this way, everyone will see Smash Bros. 3DS perfectly.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Nothing wrong with being 16 man, I'd love to hear your opinion! (But then again, I'm only 13, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter either T_T)

Either way, many people here on Smashboards have told me things like "You don't have to be over 18 to compete with them! Anyone can compete" and things like that so I'm sure you're fine.
eh I guess, still dunno about my ap classes. This is like my first year taking them, and I'm taking a couple, too, so I dunno how much work that'll add up in the weekends. I'm expecting taking all higher leveled core classes (ap and honors, not to mention that one of the honors is chemistry, and I'm taking an ap science class alongside that) is gonna eat up my time.

I'm still gonna view the stream though. I need first looks of the game really badly.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Got to keep in mind that during the release date, the eShop may get a notable amount of slowdown and in a worse case scenario the servers will crash. So don't be be shocked if you can't get it ASAP.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Got to keep in mind that during the release date, the eShop may get a notable amount of slowdown and in a worse case scenario the servers will crash. So don't be be shocked if you can't get it ASAP.
Inb4 Pokemon Bank all over again.

Though, to be fair, it was more a case of bad timing there.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This is what I'm most worried about, lol. I really hope it doesn't take an hour to download xD

D

Deleted member 245254

This is what I'm most worried about, lol. I really hope it doesn't take an hour to download xD
I wouldn't be too worried as it's not a world wide release like the Pokebank was, and Japan is significantly smaller (by a lot) than the USA. I doubt the download volume will mimic that of the Pokebank. Second of all, I'm sure they learned a thing or two and have implemented counter-measures for such a thing to prevent it from happening again.

In any case, such a concern does keep getting the physical copy out on the table.

Right now the main mystery is if it will be available at midnight or not for the Eshop. If it's available at midnight then it's obvious that I'll want to get it from there. If it's the regular 10AM update then I will be satiating my need for the physical copy.

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
I'm really sorry if this was asked already but do you have schedule of some sort? I live in europe so I'm not sure if i can watch it as much as I would like but with a schedule I could adapt to it.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'm really sorry if this was asked already but do you have schedule of some sort? I live in europe so I'm not sure if i can watch it as much as I would like but with a schedule I could adapt to it.
We're planning at least 3-4 times a week starting off the release of the game. Streams will start 11AM on weekends (JST), and start at 10PM on week days (JST).

Aside from the launch day we have not necessarily committed to precise days yet, but those times are likely what we're working with.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'll be watching, love what you and Alax are contributing to the Smash community!

D

Deleted member 245254

I'd like to announce that the starting time for the stream has been changed to ~7AM JST! That's 6PM EST!!

Wow I'm excited to find out about this! Can't wait. Also, what do you think will be your method to unlocking things?
Probably running 1P modes a couple times and then we will be taking requests on what people would like to see. Obviously we don't know yet what the unlock requisites are so we can't really devise a specific method or anything. We're just going to play and hope we unlock stuff. We'd rather not spend the whole stream in 1v1s testing out competitive mechanics, we'd like give a little bit of everything for anyone.

Top Bottom